Kandi Burruss Net Worth

Kandi Burruss Net Worth is estimated to be $450 Thousand per Season. Kandi Burruss is a well-known singer, songwriter, record producer, businesswoman, and television personality. Kandi Burruss came to fame as a member of the Xscape group. She went on to have a successful career as a songwriter and record producer. Since the show’s second season in 2009, Burruss has been a cast member on Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

Kandi Burruss Net Worth

:large_blue_diamond: Kandi Burruss

Kandi Kandi Lenice Burruss-Tucker is an American producer, television personality, singer, songwriter, and actress. She rose to prominence in 1992 as a member of the female vocal quartet Xscape.

In 2000, she received a Grammy Award for Best R&B Song for her songwriting contributions to TLC’s hit song “No Scrubs.”

Burruss has been a cast member of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta since its second season premiere on July 30, 2009.

As of 2022, Burruss has been in six Bravo Real Housewives spinoff and companion series, beginning with The Kandi Factory in 2012 and continuing with Kandi’s Wedding (2014), Kandi’s Ski Trip (2015), and Xscape: Still Kickin’ It (2017).

Burruss appeared as a guest on Kim Zolciak and wedding Biermann’s program Don’t Be Tardy for the Wedding in 2012. Kandi & the Gang, Burruss’ sixth Bravo companion series appearance and fifth Burruss-focused series overall, debuts on March 6, 2022.

In the third season of Showtime’s drama series The Chi, Burruss played Roselyn Perry. She also won the third season of Fox’s competition show The Masked Singer and came in sixth place on CBS’ Celebrity Big Brother.

Born Kandi Lenice Burruss, may 17, 1976 (age 46) East Point, Georgia
Other names Kandi, Kandi Girl
Occupation Producer, television personality, singer, songwriter, actress
Years active 1991-present
Spouse Todd Tucker
Children 3
Origin Atlanta, Georgia
Genres R&B, pop, hip hop, soul
Instruments Vocals
Labels Sony, upfront, BME

:small_orange_diamond: Early Life

Kandi Burruss was born on May 17, 1976. Patrick, her elder brother, was killed in a car accident when he was 22 years old in 1991.

She went to Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School in East Point, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. At the age of 15, she made her television debut on BET’s “Teen Summit.”

Tamika and LaTocha Scott, together with Tameka “Tiny Cottle,” established Xscape in high school. Jermaine Dupri signed the trio to his So Def Recordings label. Kandi graduated from high school in 1994.

:small_orange_diamond: Personal Life

Burruss belongs to the Church of Holiness.Riley Burruss was born on August 22, 2002, to Burruss and her ex-boyfriend, Block Entertainment’s Russell “Block” Spencer.

Burruss started dating Ashley “A.J.” Jewell in late 2008, and after many months of dating, the pair became engaged in January 2009. Jewell died on October 2, 2009, after suffering head injuries in a scuffle.

Burruss revealed on Twitter on January 15, 2013, that she was engaged to Todd Tucker, a former line producer for The Real Housewives of Atlanta, whom she had been seeing since 2011 while shooting the fourth season.

On April 4, 2014, the couple married. The pair now lives in Atlanta, Georgia. Burruss revealed her pregnancy on July 22, 2015.

On January 6, 2016, she and Tucker had their first child. Burruss and Tucker had their second child, a daughter, through surrogacy on November 22, 2019.

Summary

Kandi Buruss is a well-known singer-songwriter, record producer, actress, and creator of adult toylines. She joined The Real Housewives of Atlanta in season two and is now the show’s longest-running main cast member.

:large_blue_diamond: Career

Kandi was a senior in high school when Xscape published their first album, “Hummin’ Comin’ at 'Cha,” in the autumn of 1993. It reached number three on the R&B charts and had two top ten singles.

Xscape’s second album, was released in 1995. “Traces of My Lipstick,” the band’s third and last album, was released in 1998. LaTocha Scott quit the band after the third album to pursue a solo career.

Not long later, the trio reformed and appeared on the soundtracks of “Hardball” and “Big Momma’s House.” Xscape then took a break until 2005.

Burruss is also a well-known composer. She penned the smash song “No Scrubs” by TLC and the songs “Bug a Boo,” “Bills, Bills, Bills,” and “The Writings on the Wall” by Destiny’s Child.

She’s also written songs for Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Pink, Usher, and a slew of other musicians. Kandi Burruss released her debut solo album, “Hey Kandi,” in 2000.

The singles “Don’t Think I’m not” and “Cheatin on Me” were taken from the album. In 2010, she released her second album, “Kandi Koated.” Kandi Koated Entertainment is the CEO of her own record label, Kandi Koated Entertainment.

The high-end sex toys are made to resemble premium cosmetic goods and morph into female travel toys. Her ambition is to grow Bedroom Kandi to the size of Victoria’s Secret, with its own ranges of lotions, end body sprays etc.

:small_orange_diamond: Xscape

Prior to joining Xscape, LaTocha Scott was a member of the band Precise. Scott’s sister Tamika met Kandi Burruss while attending Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School in East Point, Georgia.

The three started singing together and eventually added a fourth member, Tamera Coggins, albeit her stay with the group was brief. Tameka “Tiny” Cottle was soon invited to audition for the girls, and Xscape was born.

The ladies were introduced to record executive Ian Burke, who eventually became the group’s manager, after their significant debut performance at BET’s Teen Summit in 1992.

Xscape quickly drew the notice of Jermaine Dupri, who eventually signed the group to his So Def Recordings label. On October 12, 1993, the band released their first album, Hummin’ Comin’ at 'Cha.

The album peaked at number seventeen on the Billboard 200 and number three on the Top R&B Albums chart in the United States. It was a critical and financial triumph, going platinum in less than a year and spawning two top 10 songs.

Following the success of their first album, Xscape released their second studio album, in 1995.

The album was ultimately certified platinum. Traces of My Lipstick, their third and last studio album, debuted at number twenty-eight on the Billboard 200 and number six on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop album chart; over a million copies were sold in the United States.

LaTocha Scott originally departed the group after Traces of My Lipstick to pursue a solo career. The women quickly reformed and appeared on the soundtracks of Big Momma’s House and Hardball before taking on another break until 2005.

Kandi Burruss did not want an illegal movie on Xscape to be made in 2017, which TV One intended to do against her and the group’s wishes. She contacted the other band members to propose establishing their own show.

The program was titled Xscape: Still Kickin’ it and was planned as a four-part miniseries. The series premiered on BravoTV on November 5, 2017.

Kandi requested an apology from band member Tamika Scott, who alleged in a 2007 interview that Burruss caused the group to break up by sleeping with label president Jermaine Dupri and his father, Michael Mauldin.

Kandi sought an apology for Scott’s false accusation about Mauldin, but she did reveal that she and Dupri were intimate. Scott apologized to Burruss on stage at a performance in 2017.

:small_orange_diamond: Solo Work and Production

Burruss concentrated on producing and songwriting after Xscape disbanded.

Burruss and Kevin “She’kspere” Briggs co-wrote three significant smash songs in 1999: “No Scrubs” for TLC, “Bills, Bills, and Bills” for Destiny’s Child, and “There You Go,” Pink’s breakthrough single.

All three songs were co-written by the artists, while “No Scrubs” was also co-written by Burruss’s former groupmate Tameka “Tiny” Cottle.

Kandi released her first album, Hey Kandi, in 2000, which included the songs “Don’t Think I’m not” and “Cheatin’ on Me.” The single “Don’t Think I’m Not” peaked at number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The album did not do as well as the first song, peaking at #72 on the Billboard 200.

Burruss was named Songwriter of the Year in the Rhythm & Soul category by the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers in 2000. She was the award’s first African-American winner.

Burruss authored and executive produced her Real Housewives of Atlanta co-star Kim Zolciak’s 2009 single “Tardy for the Party.”

Kandi Burruss and her cooperating songwriter/producer, Rodney “Don Vito” Richard, sued Zolciak for income gained from “Tardy for the Party” on March 12, 2013.

Burruss’ attorney, RHOA castmate Phaedra Parks, argues in court filings that her clients composed the song for Zolciak and that Zolciak distributed and marketed the track “without [the] plaintiffs’ knowledge, license, or approval.”

Burruss also requested a temporary restraining order to prohibit further sales of the music, as well as the “destruction of all copies of the infringing single and any other product of defendant’s that violate plaintiffs’ copyrights,” as well as punitive damages, attorney’s costs, and a jury trial.

On October 12, 2013, the presiding court rejected the claim because Burruss failed to provide sufficient proof of copyright violation. Burruss returned to music after a brief sabbatical, releasing her debut EP, the Fly Above EP, on October 29, 2009.

Burruss stated in December 2009 that she had secured a contract with Asylum Records after her arrangement with Capitol Records fell through. [27] Kandi Koated, her second album, was released in December 2010.

Burruss also formed the Peach Candy combo with Atlanta female rapper Rasheeda.

Ed Sheeran’s 2017 song “Shape of You,” which became one of the most popular songs of all time, received lyrical parallels to “No Scrubs,” notably in the pre-chorus line, “Boy, let’s not chat too much/ Grab on my waist and put that body on me.”

Burruss, Cottle, and Briggs were therefore given co-writing credits on “Shape of You.”

Summarized

Kandi is best known as one of the lead singers for the enormously popular R&B vocal group Xscape in the 1990s. Burrus sang lead on classics including “My Little Secret,” “Just Kickin’ It,” and “Who Can I Run To,” and authored early successes like “Feel So Good” and “Can’t Hang.”

:large_blue_diamond: Kandi Burruss Net Worth

She is best known as the titular character in the reality program Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Though she is most known for the program, she also runs companies with her husband, was a founding member of Xscape, and has other net worth-building abilities.

Kandi Burruss is earned $450,000 every episode, which is a lot of money for a television personality.

:large_blue_diamond: How Does Kandi Burruss Spend her Money?

Kandi Burruss is a well-known singer and actress who has amassed a large wealth. Her beautiful Atlanta estate and her $100,000 Mercedes CL63 AMG automobile are two of her most remarkable acquisitions.

1. Kandi Burruss’s Home

Kandi Burruss is the delighted owner of a magnificent Atlanta house. She paid $1.7 million for the property, which includes 10 baths, seven bedrooms, nine and a half bathrooms, and a red crocodile piano room.

2. Kandi Burruss’s Cars

Kandi Burruss is often spotted driving expensive automobiles. Her Mercedes CL63 AMG, which starts at $100,000, is one of her most remarkable acquisitions.

:small_orange_diamond: Highlights

Here are some of Kandi Burruss’s career highlights:

• Won the Grammy Award for Best R&B Song in 2000

• Atlanta’s Real Housewives (Reality show, 2009-)

• Xscape: Still Going Strong (Documentary, 2017)

• Big Brother Celebrity (Reality show, 2019)

• The Masked Performer (Reality Show, 2020)

:large_blue_diamond: Favorite Quotes from Kandi Burruss

“I didn’t want to place myself in a situation where if anything occurred next year or two years from now and I wasn’t earning the same money, I wouldn’t be able to support my lifestyle.” Kandi Burruss

“When Xscape reformed for a tour in 2017, and all of our performances sold out, it made me miss being on stage and making music on a daily basis.” That’s what I’ve done for the most of my life." Kandi Burruss

“The music business is volatile. People love you and dislike you at different times. I want to be the owner of many financially successful and long-lasting enterprises.” Kandi Burruss

"How do you defend yourself when someone throws something on you that you don’t even know how to defend because it’s not true?

It’s as though they’re saying, 'You know what? I’m going to take everything you said about me and turn it into something profitable." Kandi Burruss

“I really believe she is an important element of this play.” It would be terrible if she opted not to return. I don’t see why she wouldn’t return, but ultimately it is up to her, so we’ll see.

I haven’t spoken to Nene either, and I’m not sure what her intentions are, so I honestly don’t know." Kandi Burruss

“I prefer to think of myself as a problem solver.” I wouldn’t say I like talking about the issue, fretting about it, or being theatrical about it. Try to find out how to repair it." Kandi Burruss

:large_blue_diamond: 3 Strong Lessons from Kandi Burruss

Now that you know all there is to know about Kandi Burruss’ net worth and how she reached success, let’s look at some of the finest lessons we can draw from her:

1. Worst Enemy

Because we are our own greatest adversary, most of us talk ourselves out of our own ideas.

2. Respect

When you can manage things behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera or mic, you get a new level of respect. Make certain that you will be treated with respect.

3. Make it Lucrative

Burruss implies when you’re in a scenario where someone throws something on you that you have no idea how to defend since it’s not true.

How do you respond to that? It’s as though they’re saying, ‘You know what? I’m going to take everything you said about me and turn it into something profitable.’

:small_orange_diamond: Business Ventures and other Appearances

She is a cast member of the television reality program “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” in addition to her success in the music industry.

Kandi also participated on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,” when she assisted a housewife in winning a million dollars.

Kandi has also been in the television comedy “Are We There Yet?” as well as VH1’s “Single Ladies” and a Bravo spinoff program called “The Kandi Factory.” She also established a sex toy business called “Bedroom Kandi.”

:small_orange_diamond: Kandi Burruss Real Housewives Salary

Kandi makes $450,000 every season as a cast member on The Real Housewives of Atlanta. At one time, this was the most money ever paid for any edition of the program. Lisa Vander pump is currently known to be the highest-paid housewife.

:small_orange_diamond: Kandi Burruss Real Estate

Kandi paid $250,000 for her first property in Georgia in 2002. In 2017, she sold the house for the same sum. She paid $512,00 for a huge home in Atlanta in 2012.

This 7,000-square-foot, seven-bedroom mansion is valued at least $1 million today. She allegedly spent $200,000 on upgrades shortly after moving in.

To be Precise

Kandi Burruss is a well-known record producer, singer, and actress who rose to prominence as a member of the vocal group Xscape. Burruss went on to have a successful career as a songwriter and record producer. Since 2009, she has been on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Here are some questions about Kandi Burruss Net Worth:

1. Kandi’s source of income is what?

Kandi Burruss’ riches has come from both the music business and her appearances on reality television. Although she has lately received some assistance from her husband Todd, she has acquired the most of her money on her own.

2. Kandi dated who?

Burruss revealed on Twitter on January 15, 2013, that she was engaged to Todd Tucker, a former line producer for The Real Housewives of Atlanta, whom she had been seeing since 2011 while shooting the fourth season. On April 4, 2014, the couple married. The pair now lives in Atlanta, Georgia.

3. How much is Bedroom Kandi worth?

Kandi Koated Nights, her online series, was also temporarily adapted by Bravo in 2018. Burruss’ celebrity net worth is estimated to be $30 million, including $450k every season of RHOA. Salary estimates, on the other hand, are just that: estimates.

4. Who is Atlanta’s wealthiest housewife?

Kandi Burruss- She also co-owns a restaurant business with her husband, Todd Tucker. The RHOA star’s net worth is reported to be $30 million as a result of her hard work and skill. The massive sum makes her the wealthiest housewife among the Bravo show’s cast members.

5. Why was Eva let go from RHOA?

“I opted to devote my time and attention to my children and my community, rather than reality show industry.” Despite her departure, Eva, who also has a CBD oil firm and a bedding line, only had kind things to say about her co-stars.

6. What became of Kandi and AJ?

A.J. Jewell died as a result of head injuries sustained after an incident outside an Atlanta strip club. Ashley “A.J.” Jewell, the fiancée of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star and Grammy-winning composer Kandi Burruss, died early Saturday morning in Atlanta after being involved in a confrontation outside a strip club.

7. Kandi created waterfalls?

TLC went to the studio to record “No Scrubs” after getting their lives back on track. Two of the song’s authors, Kandi Burruss and Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, initially composed the song for their '90s R&B group, Xscape. Burruss ultimately thought that the song would be a better match for TLC.

8. Where does Marlo from Housewives get his money?

Marlo’s first claim to fame, prior to RHOA, was that she had an Atlanta boutique. Of course, since she’s Marlo Hampton, she stated her business catered to celebrities. “About ten years ago, I ran a business named The Red Carpet Boutique.” Atlanta’s Who’s Who shopped there.

9. What steps must you take to become a Kandi Kid?

As stated in P.L.U.R., being a Kandi child entails being friendly to one another. Wear bright colors and have a vibrant attitude. Stick to one color scheme - too many neons all at once make you seem to be trying too hard to look like a club kid.

10. Is Kandi a numbing?

While MDMA and other drugs remain an important element of raving, Kandi now represents a presence against damage, rage, and violence. Kandi Kids often go beyond of their way to ensure strangers’ safety, bringing out water and keeping everyone cool.

Conclusion

To conclude the topic about Kandi Burruss Net Worth, we can say that Kandi Burruss is the current OG of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Not only has she been on the program for 13 seasons in a row, dishing with the best of them, but she also has a busy career outside of reality TV.

Related Articles

Melissa Gorga Net Worth
Masked singer voting