SAD FRIENDSHIP QUOTES:

Situations where you are betrayed by your close friends, leave you with a thousand questions. Not all the time it is a fake friend but also, fights and broken trust by bestfriends teach us the most important lessons of lives.

What if your best friend breaks your trust?

When your trust is broken, hard is the situation to explain and least are the words to say. Friendship is a pill of blessing and pain. it affects you slowly and when it does, It Depends upon you either to see yourself breaking down in that loss or be a stronger version of yourself!

I’ve collected a series of broken friendships, and sad hurtful quotes that may represent your feelings or help you heal FASTER. If you’re here, CHANCES ARE THAT YOU’VE BEEN HURT BY YOUR FRIENDS AND I I’m sorry to know that. I hope these quotations can help you accept the reality, as it has the bitterest language and heal your damaged self.

Disclaimer:

All the quotes mentioned below are either taken from books of famous writer or an internet research that is aimed for educational purpose. Many quotations have no attribute or credits as we couldn’t find the writers’ name. If you read any quote below, which represents your work. Kindly leave a comment, so that proper credits can be given to the writer.

Sad Friendship Quotes that make you cry

Sometimes friendship is so harsh that it gifts you poisonous roses. It is a relationship that we least expect to get hurt by but eventually, the injuries given by it is deep and deadly. Good and toxic friendships both cut us in different ways; It’s just that some are forgivable and some are not! we already have shared some sad friendship quotes that make you cry and here are some more;

• "I tried my very best to not be hurt by my best friends but why they tried to hurt me in every possible way?”

• “The reason this separation hurts so much is because our souls are connected.” (S.r.a)

• “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” (Martin Luther King, Jr)

• "Your best friends can hurt you worse than any of your enemies could ever have a take on it ".

• “It hurts when you realize you’re not as important to your friends as you have been thinking all this time.”

• “They need to understand that I’m not angry, I’m hurt and there’s a hell of a big difference.”

• "You never know the power of you until your best friends hurt you.”

• “I have learned now that while those best friends who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” (C. S. Lewis)

• “I used to know you the best and now I don’t even remember your name.” (Mya Waechtler)

• “It hurts more when best friends lie”

• “Friendship meant to me as understanding, not agreement. It meant forgiveness, not forgetting. It meant every good thing but why then she taken all this for granted?”

• "Mirror is my best friend, because when I cry it never laughs. " (Charlie Chaplin)

• “When a friend leaves you. It makes you cry but when a best friend leaves you, you do not even find a shoulder to cry upon.”

• “I never knew that you will leave me in this dark. It is better to separate our paths now and that is the best thing for both of us. Friendships cause heartbreaks too”.

Sad Friendship hurt Quotes

• “Some friends aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their needs that they have of you and once their needs change, so does their loyalty and friendship.”

• “I am done with you. we were neither on good terms or bad. We were no longer anything. .”

• “It hurt because it mattered.” (John Green)

• “Sometimes you just have to accept that some friends only make entrance in your life as a temporary happiness.”

• “I didn’t lose a friend. I just realized I never had one. it’s sad because you don’t care our friendship is gone."

• “The sad moment was when I first started to feel that me and my best friend were slowly drifting apart.”

• "Stop trying so hard for those friends who don’t care. Friends can break your heart too.”

• “they were no friends, not even my enemies but some strangers with some memories”.

• “So many friendships ended just because we didn’t message them first”.

• "When one of my friends left me, I was sad but when my best friend left me. A part of me was gone.”

• “Strange is the story of my friendship with her. we started with a simple hello but ended up with a goodbye”.

• "I sometimes sit and wonder: Was, "I was your best friend?”

Sad Quotes about Friendship Breakups

The beginning of everything is sweet and the end is sometimes dangerous. The starting days of friendship are the best days of life, but if a weak friendship goes upside down – it possibly become venomous. A collection of sad quotes about friendship breakups are already shared and here are some more of them;

• “I am not even mad anymore, I’m just sad that I lost my bestfriend.”

• “After the rainbow had gone— It’s so sad losing a friend — But the memories are lingering.”

• “When one has lost a best friend one’s eyes should be neither dry nor streaming. Tears, yes, there should be, but not lamentation.” (Seneca)

• “The death of a true friend is same as losing a limb.” (Anonymous)

• I’m losing friends because people are catching feelings I’m not catching."

• Due to success I started losing friends." (Ace Hood)

• “Losing a best friend is never easy, especially when you don’t understand why you lost them in the first place.” (Hannah Baker)

• “We can’t feel the loss of a best friend until they are apart from us.” (Debolina)

• “We get closer and closer again / But we’re falling apart / I’m losing, you’re losing a best friend / It’s always over before we start.”(Johan Alkenas)

• “The worse things in life / More than losing a life / Is losing a best friend.” (Tirso Gomez)

• “The burden of losing a friend as a pet is very heavy indeed, one that no one should have to endure alone.”(Gary Kurz)

• “And I’m losing it all again, my friend, it’s quite a feeling / And it’s so hard to believe in this kind of feeling.” (Carl Noren)

• “Losing a best friend is losing a part of ourselves.”(Helder Diniz)

• “Sometimes we lose friends for whose loss our regret is greater than our grief, and others for whom our grief is greater than our regret.”

• “We all lose friends. we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on.” (Amy Marie Walz)

• “Oh Bestfriend; It’s so sad how you were such a big part of my life and now you’re just gone.”

Sad Emotional Friendship quotes

Where there are true relationships there are fights too. It is a wrong perception that true friendship does not hurt you, Yes it does not “mean” to hurt you, but fights and sorrow are the part of life! One cannot expect to have flawless relationships. It’s just that one must recognize when to forgive and when to leave! A small collection of sad emotional friendship quotes has been already shared and here are some more;

• "No enemy can break you, like your very best friend. "

• “It is sad when your best friends misunderstand you. you keep on sharing your depressive feelings, and they start thinking as if you’re an attention seeker.”

• Your best friend can hurt you ten times more than your enemy." (Apurva Sen)

• “No matter how good your friend is, he/she is going to hurt you every once in a while, and you must forgive them for that.”

• "Don’t you feel sadness? when your closest friend hurt you, but don’t even know it. And you don’t have the guts to tell them that you are hurt? "

• “Getting hurt by your “best friend” hurts you more than anything in the world because you hate yourself more than you hate them for thinking they were your friend.”

• “If a friend hurts you, run to your wife.” (Ethiopian Proverb)

• “When Friendship hurts, how to deal with friends who betray abandon or wound you.”

• “What hurts the most???; When your bestfriend replaces you with another bestfriend.”

• “It takes your enemy and your friend, working together, to hurt you to the heart: the one to slander you and the other to get the news to you.”

• “Ha-ha no. Bestfriends come and go. They aren’t perfect. I’d say just stay their friend until they hurt your feelings really badly because obviously, they aren’t a friend if they seek to hurt you.”

• “You have no idea how much it hurts me to know that you don’t care. Kinda hurts when you fall for your bestfriend but you’re stuck in the friend zone.”

• "It really hurts… When you lose the one who you thought was your bestfriend. It hurts when they ignore you, break promises and forget. (Priyanka Dhar)

• “It hurts when you realize you were never really as important to your friends as they pretended you were.”

• “Yeah breakups hurt, but have you ever watched your bestfriend turn into a stranger.” (Alissa)

Sad Friendship Ending quotes

There is an “end” in friend. True friendships last long but some friendships are just not meant to remain in our lives. People come and go. They come in our lives to teach us what we miss. They come with lessons. Relationships break and friendships end but, in these situations, we should try to stay stronger. A collection of sad friendship ending quotes has already been shared (please read it) and here are some more of them;

• “A Friendship that can end do not ever begin.”

• “When your friend leaves you. it’s not the end part of your story but it’s the end of their part in your story”

• “Some Friendships will expire their time. Instead of pretending to be cool, learn to let go and move on.” (Joni Payne)

• “When a friendship is ending, if we could simply feel our feelings and move on, we would hurt less.” (BJ Gallagher)

• “it is okay if a friendship end. You have your share of great memories with them.”

• “Not everyone who comes a laugh with you all day is considered to be a true friend. People pretend very well, but make some situations that take their true selves out.”

• “A Friendship that can never really began.” (Publilius Syrus)

• “It’s when I realized that there is an END in Friend.”

• “I do not like the ending of your story in my life. I really hope someone we can revive our friendship and make peace with it.”

• “I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions or unnecessary conversations.”

• “Sometimes you have to move on without certain friendship, if they are meant to be in your life, they’ll catchup.”

• “Sometimes things change and friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for everyone. In that way moving on is the best way to choose.”

• “Maybe some friendships aren’t meant to be saved; maybe we are meant to spend a certain part of our lives with certain people. then move on.”

• “Sometimes you have to give-up on friends not because you don’t care but because they don’t.”

• “Ending a friendship with maturity and respect, is less toxic than ending it with anger and bitterness. Whatever anger you have towards that person at the time, always remember you once loved them.”

Broken Friendship Quotes

• "Friendship plants itself as a small unobtrusive seed; over time, it grows thick roots that wrap around your heart. When a love affair end], the tree is torn out quickly, the operation painful but clean

• Friendship withers quietly, there is always hope of revival. Only after time has passed do you recognize that it is dead, and you are left, for years afterwards, pulling dry brown fibers from your chest." (Anna Lyndsey)

• “The sword wounds the body, but words wound the soul. These are the wounds I received in the house of my friends.” (Zechariah)

• "Friendship is like a glass ornament. Once it is broken it can rarely be put back together in exactly the same way. (Unknown)

• "When we have no reason to be happy, we often think to end ourselves, we often think we have no one in this world, it happens when our loved ones leave us and make us alone in this vast universe. (Debolina)

• “Friendship requires truth, and there is no truth in her.” (Julie Eshbaugh)

• “Behind many broken friendships there is a marriage.” (Pratik Akkawar)

• “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” (Waqar Ahmed)

• “Lovers have a right to betray you… friends don’t.”(Judy Holliday)

• “People change but memories do not. Friends become strangers but moments spent with them last long” (Unknown)

• “A friendship that can cease has never been real.”(St. Jerome)

• “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”(Alice Walker)

• “Friendship about never leaving your friend alone. It is about standing still in the storm”(Unknown)

• “Make as many friends as you can, but don’t build your life on them alone. It’s an unstable foundation.”(Sean Covey)

• “The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.” (Sir Francis Bacon)

• “The path of social advancement is, and must be, strewn with broken friendships.” (H G Wells)

Broken Friendship Quotes that make you cry:

• “A Broken friendship has become either a full stop or a comma in your life, the choice is yours to turn it back to either of the two again.”

• “I had always known that we would remain best friends forever but when I opened my eyes- I found the reality totally different.”- (s.r.a)

• “The moment your friends stop sharing their problems with you. It is the moment to know that you’ve lost your prime importance in their life.”

• “Whether it is a friendship or a relationship, the truth is when it ends it gives you a heart break.”

• "It doesn’t matter whether it’s a friendship or a love relationship. The truth is when it ends it hurt us the most.”

• “I remember when we used to be Bestfriends.”

• “Broken Friendships are very hard to fix but sometimes we just have to believe that everything will be okay when the storm will pass by.”

• “Want to know what the saddest part was? Calling her my bestfriend…instead of another fake friend.”

Broken Trust Friendship Quotes

• “Sometimes trusting a friend is the hardest thing to do; Even the closest friends can become enemies.”(James Merrow)

• “Whether; it’s a Friendship or Relationship. REMEMBER THAT All bonds are built on trust and without it, you have nothing.”

• “Trust nobody not even on your own friends because human connections are fragile. I knew not then, but I know now.”

• “They say friends come and go, but true friends last forever. The problem is that I don’t know who my true friends are anymore.”

• “I am broken because I have trusted too much on my best friend.”

• “Friendship is built and stand on two very things: Trust & Respect.”

• “Oh you, My Friend; you’ve hurt my feelings and you’ve broken my heart. I gave you my Trust but you left me broken cart.”

• “It’s very hard to move on having a broken heart but it’s harder to move on with broken trust on friendship.”

• “Oh, you Friend; I trusted you but now your words mean nothing to me because your actions spoke the truth.”

• “Even when it’s about friendship that still takes me a long time to trust peoples.”

• “Not only my trust has broken but my friendship, heart and everything is broken.”

• “I trusted my Friends; my it was mistake not theirs…”

• "What’s burned is burned, but what’s broken can heal. And broken trust in a Friendship is like a house burning with fire.”

• “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. That is where importance is given and priority is prioritized.”

• “It is indeed the most hurtful and extremely depressing moment, when friends break your trust.”

Sorrow Friendship Quotes

There are some deep friendship quotes shared by different writers all across the world. Friendship makes you shed tears, and you still waits for your friend to come and wipe them out.

• “True Friends doubles your joy and minimize your sorrow.”

• “Farewell My friend; it was a beautiful as long as it lasted.” Gitanjli Ghei)

• “When you part from your friend, you grieve not; For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.” (Khalil Gibran)

• “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to level yourself up.” (Thomas J. Watson Sr)

• "A friend encourages your dreams and offers advice, but when you don’t follow it, they still respect and love you. (Doris Wild Helmering)

• “Your friends love you anyway.” (Dave Barry)

• “The true friends are those who share all our sorrows and double our joys.”

• “What is a friend? I will tell you … it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” (Frank Crane)

• “Friends are needed both for sorrow and joys.”

Sad Fake Friendship Quotes

• “A friendship that can cease has never been real.” (St. Jerome)

• “We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend, who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back.” (Mufti Ismail Menk)

• "My fake friendship died the day, she stopped pretending like a friend "

• “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” (Habeeb Akande)

• “I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could just claw each other’s eyes out and call it a day; instead we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all.” (Jody Gehrman)

• “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smile at you is your best friend.” (Kemmy Nola)

• “A fake friend is like a shadow, which attend the morning when the sun shines.”

• “Fake friends are like autumn leaves, they’re scattered everywhere.”

• “It is better to have an honest enemy than a fake friend.”

• “The most dangerous type of fraud is one like the fake friendly-fraud.”

• “Never fear an enemy who stabs you but a fake friend who hugs you.”

• “We do not lose our real friends. Time tell us who are actually real…”

• “We never lose friends; fake ones are exposed.” (Carlos Wallace)

• “Fake friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” (Richard Burton)

• “Never be a fake friend, one day you’ll be divorced and lose everything (Even friendship)”

Sad messages for Bestfriend

• “When the life is down and it’s dark all around, there comes a star that’s not too far, that star is you my friend. Stay with me forever.”

• “What did I ever do, to deserve a friend like you? I’m glad I did whatever I did, because my wish to have a friend as amazing as you, has come true.”

• “I wish I could show you how important you are too me. All I want in life is you to remain my best friend till my last breath.”

• “Your thoughts are like the waves that come one after another and erase all the bad memories like carvings on the seashore. Thank you for being my friend.”

• “There is nothing in life so precious than a loving and caring friend. God was kind enough to me that he gave me a friend like you.”

• “A faithful friend is like a night lamp which gives light at night when there is no sun. We cannot tell which is important.”

• “If smile is a book, I give you a library if care is a sim, I give you talk time if friendship is life, I give you myself.”

• “People say friends are made in heaven & they come in your life, but I made you my friend in this world & made my life a Heaven…”

• “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” (Charles Caleb Colton)

• “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” (Bernard Meltze)

• “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.”

• (Robert Breault)

• “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” (Albert Camus)

• “My heart feels cared for, anytime I recall that I have a lovely person like you as a friend.”

• “When I’m down I look up to you. When I’m happy it’s because of you. A day doesn’t go by when I don’t think of you. Because I don’t know what my life would be like, Without a friend like you.”

• "Friendship is dose for every kind of pain

• having no expiry date, but be sure that There is no medicine in the world 4 the pain given by Friendship."

Sad Friendship Change Quotes

• “Time changes Friends change. Friends change Friendship change. Friendship change Priorities change. Priorities change We change. We change You change. You change People change. People change World change. World change Humanity change.”

• “Friends may change but the memories last forever.”

• “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.”

• “Some friends change, friendship change they hurt, they leave, things go wrong. but just remember that life goes on.”

• “One smile can start a Friendship. One word can end a fight. One look can save a relationship. One person can change your life.”

• “We don’t have to change friends if we understand that friend changes.”

• “I felt sad when I saw some friends change just because they met new friends.”

• “Friendship changes over time but fun is when the time changes and friends do not change.”

• (Himanshu Bhardwaj)

• “Just like the season, some friends have ability to change.”

• “People change, they end up having nothing to say to each other, even they were best friends the year before.”

• “I am not super nostalgic for friendships I’ve lost along the way. I feel like, if they were truly meaningful and really special, they would still exist. I think we grew and change! that’s okay.”

• “Love begins with love; and the warmest friendship cannot change even to the coldest one.” (Jean de La Bruyere)

• “Not every friendship change into love but every love starts with friendship.”

• “Sometimes Friends change but life doesn’t stop going on.”

• "Then: Best friends. Now: Just Friends”

• "People change, I said “. No, they said their priorities change.”

Angry Friendship Quotes

• “it is better to have a friend, who slap you in the face because it is hundred times better than having a friend who stab you in the back.”

• “Don’t waste your time with explanations, some friends only hear what they want to hear.” (Paulo Coelho)

• “if I stay angry with other people maybe it would help me forget the friends whom I am angry with”.

• “I don’t like anybody to be angry with me, I’d rather have a few friends.”

• “Best friends laughs at jokes, simple friends get angry at you.”

• “when I get upset with my friends, I usually don’t mean bad for them. Because it’s always my mind that gets angry not my heart.”

• “I can’t see you replacing me with your other friends. Neither do I like when you ignore me among them.”

• “He’s my best friend. if you break his heart be ready to have a broken face.”

• “whenever my best friend is angry with me. It seems all my food is salted highly.”

• "My care will be hidden in my heart. I will not speak a single word. "

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. How do you express friendship in words?

Friendship is meant to have a strong and natural connection with a fellow human-being. It is to share a platonic relationship with someone, which is deeply rooted by unconditional love and care. Not all friendships share same meaning. Some put conditions before loving a friend but all are the types of friendship.

2. Why Friends hurt your feelings?

No human connection is all pure, and no true friend ever want to hurt the fellow friend. Some Good friends unconsciously hurt you even when they did not mean to and some friends are the “fair weather friends”, “Just friends” or “Fake friends” who deliberately or non-deliberately try to hurt your feelings. The reason could be the idea of them not being your real friends.

3. What should you do if your friend hurt you?

You should talk to them. If they have wronged you or hurt your emotions then communication is the only good way, because that can give you an idea of their intensions. Rest is up to you, if you want to forgive them and build stronger connection or leave them admitting their wicked nature.

4. What is a good friendship quote?

Quotes or Quotations are mainly “sayings” of different people, where they share their ideas and experiences. Quotes help people feel, act and recover. A good friendship quote is what speak the truth about friendship- it can either be some short and sweet friendship quotes or sad friendship quotes that make you cry. As long as they are speaking the truth and showing the real face of friendship, they are considered good friendship quotes!

5. How can I express my love to my best friend?

Best friends are the most real people after family that we ever have in life. Sometimes they make mistakes which break our heart but it is always good to communicate and forgive. If you’re the friend who have upset your best friend or a good friend then you must ask for forgiveness and express what you feel for them. You should be real and natural in your communication and your words should tell them exactly what you feel. Saying sorry is such a strong action that it pulls out the “seed of sorrow” from the friend’s heart

Conclusion

The demand of sad friendship quotes is the result of hurt and broken emotions that friendship bring in the field. Some friendships are made of absolute love but still they injure the heart of other friend. This article is an attempt to gather all the sad friendship quotes that are possibly in need of the reader, one way or the other.

Please comment below how did you feel about this sad collection of friendship quotes?

Read More