Quora Is a question and answer website that gives all possible answers to a user question. With time the website is getting popular due to its large number of users. Users can do two things on Quora either write questions and give answers to the other user question or be a silent user and act as a reader just to gain knowledge and get information.
What is Quora?
Quora is a question-answer website, provides the answers that would be given by their users. It is originated by Adam D Angelo and Charlie Cheever, an employee of Facebook and registered in America. Its headquarter is in mountain view, California, United States.
The company was founded in June 2009 and on June 21 2010 the website” Quora” was published for the public. Quora is among the top Q & A websites as ranked on #347 in traffic out of all sites in the U.S by web metrics company Alexa.
Users are collaborated by editing questions and suggesting edits to answers given by other users. To become a part of Quora, users need to sign up by creating an account on the website. Quora served worldwide.
for further details see the article What type of Website is Quora?
Language availability in Quora
Quora can be accessed in different languages. The list of the languages is given below.
What is the meaning of the word Quora?
Quora is a question-answer website, so the name it gets is a combination of question or answer. If you think how then now will get your answer.
In Quora, QU means a question or is the middle one and A means to answer, by combining all these words a word Quora formed.
According to Adam D’Angelo and Charlie Cheever, one day they were thinking about the name of their website, and after spending a few hours brainstorming, writing down the ideas, and consult with few friends they finally come up with the name Quora.
Why should you use QUORA?
If you love writing or eager to learn every day new then this platform is perfect for you. It is a community where people share their knowledge by replying to the questions asked by the community members.
You can also be a silent member of the community and learn what new information comes from education and experienced professionals that will give authentic information and helps to increase your knowledge.
As the fastest growing platform, Quora welcomes new users every day that makes it stronger and stronger day by day.
Use QUORA for writing purpose
Quora allows you to ask as many questions as you please. According to a report, 3000 to 5000 questions are asked on Quora per day. Like asking you can reply to the other user questions according to your educations and experience.
Quora is being famous because of its well informative answers and the knowledge would get is simply authentic. Quora also facilitate you to ask questions from a certain person by choosing the same-named option from their profile that’s how Quora gives you the freedom to ask questions in your way.
Another question arises in mind that can we earn by writing on Quora?
The answer is yes, you can earn by asking questions on Quora. Quora partner program (frequently asked question) gives you the facility of earning if your asked questions get the successful engagement of their users.
But one thing keeps in mind that you can only earn by just asking questions and it is only allowed for U.S located users or PayPal for non-U. S users.
You will get the revenue of your asked question from advertisement and the earning will last for one whole year. However, it is not as easy as it sounds.
Use Quora for reading purpose
The userland on this platform for reading purposes neither asks questions nor answering any questions by other users. They just use this platform for gaining knowledge, getting information, or simply just for fun.
For both purposes, a user has to make a profile and while making a profile there is an option in which the user has to highlight as a reader.
Now the next part is how to make a profile on Quora, to make a profile you have to follow these steps.
Create a profile on Quora
Creating a profile is very simple. You need to follow two steps to sign up in Quora.
- Click on the sign-up button in the Quora interface.
- Three ways to signup Facebook profile, Google profile, by customizing email (here customize email means that you can add any email id through which you want to create your Quora profile.
Now you are successfully signup in Quora. After that, you need to set up your profile interface. To present yourself properly.
- you can add your picture that shows your professionalism.
- A good short description about yourself helps another user to know about yourself.
- You can also add your website link to look more professional and it also builds trust among your followers.
- Adding your website link can help to generate traffic for your blog.
- After creating a profile, you can go to the setting menu where you can change anything according to you.
Summary: for signing up, first you need to enter your email id or Facebook id and google id then enter a password to registered in Quora. After that, you can change your profile picture or further setting in the top left of the page.
How to write a masterful Quora article?
Writing an article on Quora is like writing any blog on a website, it should be as long as the requirement of the question. Providing meaningful and enough content to the user. Here I give you six tips to write a good answer on Quora.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to repromoted your content. There is a chance that your previously written article is unrated with time. To refresh your content, find questions related to your article, and write a unique answer. A smart Quora writer will work with content from their website or blog.
- Edit the article user friendly. Whatever you write it is important to make it user-friendly. Here user-friendly means that use easy to read font, proper headings, and write in points. Make small sentences, long written sentence can bore the reader.
- Add an image. Include an image in your writing to make your blog more attractive and Quora is not different. An article can stand out from the crowd if the image is relevant and elaborate on what is written under it.
- Don’t be too self-promoted. Remember, you are writing for Quora, although the website permits you to promote your blog in your writing too much self-promoting can lose your reader’s attention and through a bad impact.
- Personality means a lot. Your personality is a plus point in your writing. Upload a good profile picture and write a precise and well-written description of yourself. But don’t write false always share the true experience of your life.
- Use high authority references. Use high authority references to make your article strong more reliable and authentic.
- Use of graphs and statics. Graph and statics play a vital role to support the answer, the use of such figures makes your article user-friendly.
- Respond quickly. Whenever you get any question try to answer it as quickly as possible. A large number of answers for a particular question can chance lost you in-crowd a.
How to check stats on Quora?
You can check your profile stats from Quora’s stats check the option that is located in the profile button in the upper left area of the Quora interface.
You can check your question answer progress from this tool during last week, last 30 days, 3 months, or the whole time passed on Quora. The stats tool shows the total number of views, upvotes, and shares. The tool helps you to evaluate your growth.
Quora app rating in different platforms
- In Apple store Quora is rating with 4.6 out of 5
- In play store Quora is rating with 3.8 out of 5
- Quora 3.0.12 for android with rating 4.1 out of 5
- Quora 2.7.37 for android with rating 9 out of 10
How do I ask a question on Quora?
Here are ways through which you can ask questions.
On the web:
There are two methods to ask questions on Quora.
- At the top-right of the page click on the “Add Question” button.
- At the top, there is a search box, you can write your question in it. If is there any question regarding then it will be shown in the search list or if there is no option shown then click on the “Add New Question” button.
On the mobile app:
- In the top right click on the” Add” link.
On web and mobile:
From Quora’s home page, click on the “what is your question” prompt above your feed and start typing your question.
Once your question is submitted to Quora, it will be distributed to the writers. Quora notify about the question as it progressed.
What is Quora’s ‘Acceptable Use’ policy?
Quora has different rules under an acceptable policy. That allows the user to feel safe to share knowledge and experience on Quora’s platform.
Be nice, be respectful:
- Quora has a policy known as Be nice, Be respectful (BNBR). As the name portrays itself, under this policy a user should respect the other user’s opinion. There may be differences in religion, ethical values, culture.
- No one is allowed to disrespect other persons moral values by saying and harsh words or abusive terms.
- Quora strongly stand against harassment and bullying.
Respect other’s right:
- You should use your real name or legally incorporated business name in your Quora profile.
- Do not use Quora to act as another entity without authorization, create multiple accounts or impersonate another person.
- Do not post content that damages the personal rights of other party or infringes any intellectual property.
Respect Quora’s platform:
- Do not use the platform called Quora for spamming purposes.
- According to the policy, the user does not allow to use Quora for illegal activity and fraud
- User should follow the policies of Quora that changes with time.
- User does not contribute to viruses, malware, and other malicious programs or any activity that can harm Quora.
- As a user you have to report Quora If see any violent behavior that is against our policy guidelines. After reporting immediate action will proceed.
- User can report through in-product reporting tool or via our contact form.
In short: according to Quora’s Acceptable Use Policy, users are not allowed to disrespect other users’ religious and moral values, respect other users’ rights, and Quora platform by don’t spread spam and fraud. Report Quora if see such abusive material on the platform.
Quora hack, generate traffic on your website
if you want to generate more traffic on your website then you can associate it with your Quora profile. however, below the video will teach you a Quora hack that will help to generate more traffic on your website.
Frequently asked questions under the topic are given below.
1. How do I write answers on Quora?
When Quora delivers a question, you will get a notification of it in the notification bar. Two ways to answer the question.
- You just simply click on the notification button to find out the question. Now next step is to click on the answer button.
- Click on your profile name, you profile page is open now click on the answer button located in the bottom middle of the page, click on it you will get a list of questions. Now you can choose what you want to answer.
2. Why there is no FAQ on Quora?
Quora is itself a question and answer website. User has the freedom to ask any question from the other user of the community or specific user, Quora gives both facilities. However, when multiple answers are generated by the users according to their knowledge and experience then there no need for more FAQ sections. As an asker or reader, you get all the information related to the question.
3. How do I add and change my Quora profile picture on mobile?
- Through the ‘you’ tab, visit your profile page
- Here you can see a sign like this “…”, tap it.
- Now, to ‘edit’ your photo or to ‘add’ photo tap on the photo area.
- You see the option of ‘edit photo’.
4. What is an ‘answer wiki’ on Quora?
Answer Wikis allowed the entire Quora community to collaborate on an answer summary or an aggregated answer for a particular question. These summaries synthesized the different points of views articulated in answers to a question and strove to impartially articulate leading perspectives with justification. Aggregated answers aimed to be a comprehensive collection of uncontroversial, factual information.
5. Who should have a business profile on Quora?
Millions of people use Quora every day. Any business looking to increase awareness, deepen relationships with their audience and engage with an active community on Quora. Create a free business profile and start communicating with people interested in your business at www.quora.com/business/create
The above article gives you what you want to know about Quora, if I conclude it in some words then it would be like. Quora is a question-answer website where you can ask questions and Quora distribute it to the other users where users give answers according to their knowledge and experience. In the same way, you can also give other user question’s answer according to your knowledge and experience. You can act as a silent user just to gain knowledge by reading answers from the experts. You can access Quora in 24 different languages. To access Quora first you need to signup or register yourself by adding your email id or through Facebook ID and Google ID.