Recover your Google Account or Gmail
If you’ve forgotten your password, username, or can’t get verification codes, please follow the steps below to recover your Google Account. That way, you can use organizations like Gmail, Photos, and Google Play.
Note: If you’re using an account through your work, school, or other groups, these steps may not work. Contact your administrator for help.
- Follow the steps to restore your account.
- You will be asked a few questions to confirm that this is your account. Answer as best you can.
- If you’re having trouble, try the [tips to complete the account recovery steps.
- Reset your password when prompted. Choose a strong password that you have not yet used on this account. Learn how to create a strong password
I forgot the email address you used to register
- Follow the steps to find your username. You must know:
- A phone number or the recovery email address for the account
- The full name of your account
- Follow the instructions to confirm that this is your account.
- You will see a list of matching user names.
Someone else is using your account
If you think someone is using your Google Account without your permission, please follow the steps to recover a hacked or hijacked account
Unable to connect for some other reason
If you have another issue, get help signing in
Recover a deleted account
If you recently deleted your Google account, you can follow the steps to recover your account.
I still can’t log in
Create a new account
If you are having trouble signing in, we recommend that you try these tips for account recovery.
On the off chance that you actually can’t recuperate your record, you can make another Google Account
Avoid account and password recovery services
For your security, it is absurd to expect to call Google for help marking in to your record. We do not work with any service that claims to provide an account or password. Never give out your passwords or confirmation codes.
How to recover an old Google account?
Sometimes we all forget the passwords. It happens. If you’re using a password manager, this shouldn’t be a problem at all. The best way to remember your passwords is to save them on your laptop or PC for future use. But there are a lot of people who don’t use a password manager, which means they run the risk of losing access to older accounts if their passwords (and backup methods) fail.
All streets lead to the Google account recuperation instrument, regardless of whether you don’t have the foggiest idea about the Gmail address related to the record. However, this will make it even more difficult for you to recover your account. For example, you need to provide information first that you may not even know, as you would have likely already used either option to recover your account:
Enter your phone number, and ideally your name, and Google will send a text message to that number to confirm that you are you. However, this won’t help in your case as you won’t have access to that old number. Furthermore, in the event that you recalled your recuperation email, it’s the equivalent. Google would trigger a confirmation message about it, and that is how you would begin recovering the account.
The problem? This is all just to help you remember your Google account. You still have to go through the password reset process, which can prove to be problematic. First, enter your email address (as you will no longer have access to your phone number):
You’ll need to enter your name, which should be simple enough, and then enter your email address (which you can check on Yahoo!). You will be given a verification code that you will need to enter into the account recovery process as before.
Best way to recover Google Account if the phone number is lost
Open your browser.
Enter g.co/recover in the search bar of your browser.
Click on the result of the Google account. This will take you to the Google Account recuperation page.
Enter the email ID of the account you want to restore.
On the next page you will be asked to enter the last password you remembered. Click Try Another Way.
Since you have set up a two-venture check, it will request that you enter the telephone number, however, you won’t have the option to get to your telephone number, so click on “I do not do my phone
The following page will ask you “when did you make this record”, in the event that you recollect, enter the references, in any case, click “Attempt another way”.
On the following page you should enter the essential email address, a confirmation code will be shipped off your essential email address.
Open the main email in the following tab and click on the link sent by Google and follow the instructions.
You must enter and re-enter the password.
Once you have set the password, log out and log back in with the new password.
The step above will restore your Google account.
How to recover a Google account without question of security?
Also, did you forget your account security questions as well as the Google Account recovery phone number? Don’t worry because you can still recover your password without using any security questions like in the steps below:
First, visit the Google password recovery page.
Now enter the email ID associated with Google and the password you want to recover.
Click on Next.
In the event that you know your last secret phrase, enter it or snap Try another way.
Now you can see the password recovery option by phone number, then click send code option.
You will receive a confirmation code on your telephone number and enter it in the field provided.
Click the Submit tab.
Enter your new Google account password and enter it again to confirm.
If you follow the steps above to restore your Google Account, you will be able to get back to your Google Account without any problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I recover my Gmail password?
Standard Gmail Recovery Procedures
- Go to the Gmail login page and click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter the last password that you remembered. If you can’t remember any, click Try Another Question.
- Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to receive a password reset email.
2. How can I unlock my Gmail account?
Click the Reset Password link in my recovery email.
- Make sure I don’t know my username is clicked, then click Next.
- Enter the appropriate information in the fields and click Submit. First name. Surname, surname.
- Check the I am not a robot box.
- Enter the text for the image displayed on the screen and click Check.
- Click Submit.
3. How can I recover my Gmail account without a phone number?
Add or edit a recovery phone number
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Settings app on your device. Manage your Google account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under “How we can verify it’s you,” tap Recovery phone. You may need to sign in.
- From here you can: Add a recovery phone. …
- Follow the steps on the screen.