How To Recover Google Account?

Recover your Google Account or Gmail

If you forgot your password or username, or you can’t get verification codes, follow these steps to recover your Google Account. That way, you can use services like Gmail, Photos, and Google Play.

Note: If you use an account through your work, school, or other groups, these steps might not work. Check with your administrator for help.

Forgot your password

1. Follow the steps to recover your account.
  • You’ll be asked some questions to confirm it’s your account. Answer as best you can.
  • If you’re having trouble, try the [tips to complete account recovery steps.
  1. Reset your password when prompted. Choose a strong password that you haven’t already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password

Forgot the email address you use to sign in

1. Follow the steps to find your username. You’ll need to know:
  • A phone number or the recovery email address for the account
  • The full name on your account
  1. Follow the instructions to confirm it’s your account.
  2. You’ll see a list of matching usernames.

Someone else is using your account

If you think someone is using your Google Account without your permission, follow the steps to recover a hacked or hijacked account

Can’t sign in for another reason

If you’re having another problem, get help signing in

Recover a deleted account

If you recently deleted your Google Account, you can follow the steps to recover your account.

Still can’t sign in

Create a new account

If you can’t sign in, we recommend that you try these tips for account recovery.

If you still can’t recover your account, you can create a new Google Account

Avoid account & password recovery services

For your security, it’s not possible to call Google for help signing in to your account. We don’t work with any service that claims to provide account or password support. Never give out your passwords or verification codes.

How To Recover An Old Google Account?

We all forget passwords sometimes. It happens. If you use a password manager, this shouldn’t be a problem at all. The best way to remember your passwords is to save them on your laptop or a PC for future use. But there are plenty of people who don’t use password managers, and this means that they run the risk of losing access to older accounts if their passwords (and backup methods) fail.

All roads lead to Google’s Account Recovery tool even if you don’t know the Gmail address associated with the account, but that’s going to make it even trickier for you to recover your account. For example, you’ll have to first provide information you might not even know since you would have already probably used either option to recover your account in the first place:

Input your phone number, and ideally your name, and Google will fire off a text message to that number to verify that you are you. This doesn’t help in your case, though, since you don’t have access to that old number. And if you remembered your recovery email, it’s the same deal; Google would fire off a verification message to that, and you would begin the account recovery process that way.

The problem? This is all just to help you remember what your Google account was. You’ll still have to go through the password-reset process, which might prove problematic. You’ll start by entering your email address (since you no longer have access to your phone number):

You’ll have to enter your name, which should be easy enough, and then you’ll enter your email address (that you can check from Yahoo). You’ll get a verification code that you’ll then have to type into the account-recovery process, just as before.

Best Way To Recover Google Account When The Phone Number Is Lost

• Open your browser.

• Type g.co/recover in your browser’s search bar.

• Click on the Google Account Result. This will take you to the Google Account Recovery page.

• Enter the email ID of the account you need to recover.

• Click Next.

• On the next page, it asks you to enter the last password you remember, click “Try another way”.

• Since you have set up two-step verification, it will ask you to enter the phone number, but you will not be able to access your phone number, so click on “I do not do my phone

• The next page will ask you “when did you create this account”, if you remember, enter the references, otherwise click “Try another way”.

• On the next page you will need to enter the primary email address, a verification code will be sent to your primary email address.

• Open the primary email in the following tab and click on the link sent by Google and follow the instructions.

• You must enter and re-enter the password.

• Once you set the password, log out and log in again with the new password.

• The above step will restore your Google Account.

How To Recover Google Account Without Security Question?

Also, have you forgotten security questions of your account as well as Google Account recovery phone number lost? Don’t worry because you can still recover your password without using security questions as in the steps below:

• First, visit the Google password recovery page.

• Now enter the email ID associated with Google that password you want to recover.

• Click Next.

• If you know your last password, enter it or click Try another way.

• Now you can see the password recovery option by phone number and then click send code option.

• A verification code you get on your phone number and then enter it in the provided field.

• Click the Submit tab.

• Type your new Google Account password and then re-enter it to confirm.

By following these Google Account recovery steps described above, you can easily return to your google account.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. How do I recover my Gmail password?

Gmail’s Standard Recovery Procedure

1. Head to the Gmail sign-in page and click the “Forgot Password” link.
  2. Enter the last password you remember. If you can’t remember one, click “Try a different question.”
  3. Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.

2. How can I unlock my Gmail account?

Click Get a password reset link at my recovery email.

1. Ensure I don’t know my username is clicked then click Continue.
  2. Enter the appropriate information in the fields then click Submit. First name. Last name.
  3. Click the I’m not a robot checkbox.
  4. Enter the text in the image seen on the screen the click Verify.
  5. Click Submit.

3. How can I recover my Gmail account without a phone number?

Add or change a recovery phone number

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
  2. At the top, tap Security.
  3. Under “Ways we can verify it’s you,” tap Recovery phone. You might need to sign in.
  4. From here, you can: Add recovery phone. …
  5. Follow the steps on the screen.