Definition of Platform:
A shoe with very thick soles.
A raised level surface on which people or things can stand.
Hardware: Foundation technology of a computer system viewed as a layered device. The bottom (chip level) layer is called a platform such as an Intel Platform or SunSparc Platform. It is a broader view than system architecture which concentrates mainly on standard interfaces.
The declared policy of a political party or group.
Software: Operating system (such as Linux, MacOS, Unix, Windows) that is the foundation on which all application software runs.
Synonyms of Platform
Address, Agora, Amphitheater, Arena, Athletic field, Auditorium, Background, Balcony, Bear garden, Bench mark, Billiard table, Bookmark, Bowl, Bowling green, Boxing ring, Bull ring, Cairn, Campus, Canvas, Catafalque, Catstone, Circus, Cockpit, Coliseum, Colosseum, Course, Creed, Dais, Dead flat, Dead level, Declaration of policy, Deliver an address, Discourse, Earth, Emplacement, Esplanade, Estrade, Field, Flat, Flatland, Floor, Forum, Gallery, Give a talk, Ground, Guiding principles, Gym, Gymnasium, Hall, Heliport, Hippodrome, Homaloid, Horizontal, Horizontal axis, Horizontal fault, Horizontal line, Horizontal parallax, Horizontal plane, Horizontal projection, Hustings, Issue, Keynote address, Keynote speech, Landing, Landing pad, Landing stage, Landmark, Launching pad, Ledge, Level, Level line, Level plane, Lighthouse, Lightship, Line, Lists, Locale, Mark, Marker, Marketplace, Mat, Mean sea level, Menhir, Milepost, Milestone, Milieu, Monument, Open forum, Palaestra, Parade ground, Parterre, Party line, Party platform, Pharos, Pit, Place, Plain, Plan of action, Plane, Plank, Podium, Policy, Polity, Position paper, Prairie, Precinct, Principles, Prize ring, Procedure, Program, Public square, Pulpit, Purlieu, Range, Ring, Rostrum, Scene, Scene of action, Scenery, Sea level, Sea of grass, Seamark, Setting, Site, Soapbox, Speak, Speechify, Sphere, Squared circle, Stadium, Stage, Stage set, Stage setting, Stand, Step terrace, Steppe, Stump, Table, Take the floor, Take the stump, Talk, Tenets, Terrace, Terrain, Theater, Tilting ground, Tiltyard, Tower, Tribunal, Tribune, Walk, Watchtower, Water level, Wrestling ring, Policy, Programme, Party line, Manifesto, Plan, Plan of action, Principles, Tenets, Objectives, Aims
How to use Platform in a sentence?
- The platform for the computer program was based off the need for a simple way to manage business spending, using this platform will make everything easily accessible.
- When trying to get a good view in the distance sometimes you may need to stand on something like a platform to see above the trees.
- The game only worked on the companys platform but there were rumors that the computer company was opening up to the idea to make the game available on all operating system platform s.
- Seeking election on a platform of low taxes.
- There are viewing platforms where visitors may gape at the chasm.
- A pair of chunky platforms.
Meaning of Platform & Platform Definition