DIY Deep Conditioner

Curly hair? Dull hair? Broken hair? One, or all of them? Deep-conditioning especially DIY(do it yourself) deep conditioning may determine to be your rescuer!
Conditioner is normally the next step after hair washing with shampoo, conditioner makes hair smoother and simpler to handle. It also guards hairstreaks against damage.

Deep conditioner

What is Deep Conditioning

Deep conditioning is the applicability of a deep and therapeutic method to your hair, applying heat to boost the insertion of the formula into your hair. The purpose is to improve dull, broken hair by restoring the hair’s molecular course and providing moisture, promoting thicker, smoother, and revitalized hair.

DIY(do it yourself) Deep Conditioner

Deep conditioning is a therapy for your rough, dry, damaged hairs, If you are choosing a ready-made product from the market, your hair type performs the main role in determining the product you should prefer. There are numerous products available that claim to revive your hair’s lost moisture, but all market products contain several chemicals in it which can be harmful to your hairs, so what should we do if we do not want to use any chemical in our already damaged hair, the next option should be DIY conditioner which will be prepared by all-natural ingredients containing 0% harmful chemicals.
We just have to follow different methods of conditioner with different ingredients depending on our hair types.

Steps of deep conditioning

Before you start deep conditioning your hair, you must know the proper way to do it, there are six steps to deep condition your hair.

1. Choose your conditioner
  2. Wash your hair
  3. Apply your deep conditioner
  4. Allow your conditioner to rest for some time
  5. Use heat if needed
  6. Wash with cool water

How to make DIY deep conditioner

Hair problems like:

1. Slow hair growth
  2. Curly hairs
  3. Bleached hairs
  4. Damaged hairs
  5. Frizzy hairs

and many more can be treated by different hair packs, masks, and conditioners which can be easily made by the ingredients which are available in our house and we use and consume it in our daily routine. Some of the DIY deep conditioners which are highly effective for our hairs are discussed below:

:ballot_box_with_check: Methods of DIY deep conditioners

There are several methods we can use to make deep conditioners for our hairs through the kitchen and everyday ingredients, we have to choose the right ingredients which suit our hair type and treat our hair problems. Sharing some of the methods with our readers.

:heavy_check_mark: DIY deep conditioner for hair growth

If you are having a slow hair growth problem give a try to this deep conditioning method once a week and feel the difference yourself.

:play_or_pause_button: Ingredients:

1. One tbsp coconut oil
  2. One tbsp honey
  3. One tbsp lemon juice
  4. Two tbsp of curd
  5. One tsp rose water

:arrow_forward: :Method

Take coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, curd, and rose water. Combine all of them thoroughly and apply it to your shampooed hair. Leave it for around 10-15 minutes and wash off with flowing water.

Coconut oil not only improves your hair’s smoothness and softness but also promotes your hair to grow longer and thicker. The required minerals and fatty acids in it support the scalp well.

:heavy_check_mark: Deep conditioning for curly hair

If you have naturally curly hairs and sick of their tangling then you must give a try to this DIY conditioner.

:play_or_pause_button: Ingredients

1. Three eggs
  2. Two tbsp olive oil
  3. One tbsp honey

:arrow_forward: Method

Beat eggs in a bowl, add olive oil and honey in it, give it a good mix, apply the mixture to your scalp and hairs. Cover your hair with a plastic wrap or shower cap, let it stay for about 30 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo.

:heavy_check_mark: DIY deep conditioner for bleached hair

Bleached hairs are the most damaged hairs, these hairs are always in desperate need of attention, below we have suggested a deep conditioner which can help to restore your hair moisture.

1. One ripped avocado
  2. One egg yolk

Simply mix avocado and egg yolk combines it well to make a smooth paste, apply it to damp hairs, and massage slowly the scalp for a couple of minutes, then leave it for at least 20 minutes, after that wash your hair with a good shampoo.

Both avocado and egg yolk will nourish your hair and give your hair a healthy look.

:heavy_check_mark: Dry/Damaged hair conditioner

1. Ripe banana
  2. Two-Three tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  3. One-fourth cup plain greek yogurt
  4. One tbsp pure honey

Blend banana and greek yogurt until it becomes smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well till there are no chunks. Strain mixture to remove any extra chunks or banana pulp before using for your hair. Apply to wet hair, wrap with a shower cap, and leave on for about 30 minutes before washing thoroughly.

Bananas are one of the great stored secrets when it gets to managing dry hair, as they are rich in useful vitamins such as potassium and Vitamin A. Olive oil is utilized to help ■■■■■■■■■ and combine moisture to dry strands. Greek yogurt will give the hair healthful stability of moisture and protein to help moisten dehydrated hair strands.

:heavy_check_mark: Frizzy hair conditioner

Approximately half cup mayonnaise

1. Apply the mayonnaise to your dry hair.
  2. Massage the mayonnaise into your hair completely, and then wrap your hair with a shower cap, plastic bag, or plastic wrap. For deep insertion, coat the plastic sheet with a hot towel.
  3. Let the mayonnaise to sit for at least 15 minutes. Wash completely before shampooing as routine.

DIY Deep Conditioner

You Can Also Read

Best home remedies for Oily hair

Benefits of deep conditioning

Deep conditioning has many good impacts on hair some of them are discussed below:

:sweat_drops: Hydrates hair

Hair needs to stay hydrated to keep its strength and remain soft. Deep-conditioning supports to recover your hair’s moisture content and hold its hydration. Deep-conditioners contain humectants that bring moisture to your hairstreak, lessening breakage, and damage.

:haircut_woman: Controls damage

Proper deep-conditioning restrains your hair strong and hydrated. It enhances the health of your hair by giving it nutrients that are important to decrease damage. They also support repair, rejuvenate and moisturize your hair, stopping damage and giving it less prone to any harm.

:star2: Enhances shine

All of us admire shiny hairs and deep-conditioners exactly does that. By providing moisture and nutrients to your hair, deep-conditioners makes hair appear smoother and shinier.

:woman: Gives strength to hairs

Deep-conditioners have nutrients that help decrease damage, improving your hair, and gives strength to your follicles.

Deep Conditioning Do’s and Dont’s

:+1: Do,s

1. Regular Deep Conditioning

Deep-conditioning your hair is a habit that should be performed frequently for your hair to be able to truly benefit from the process. Doing it simply once will provide you immediate outcomes, but will not truly fix your hair from within. The effects may be pretty superficial and will disappear when you wash your hair again.

2. Steam and Heat

Using steam and heat will speed up the process, and allow the remedy for deeper ■■■■■■■■■■■. It also supports easy absorption of the conditioner.

3. A conditioner according to your hair problem

Everyone’s hairs are unique and require a remedy that will address their concerns. Look for a remedy which suits your hair kind. The ingredients, their applications, and the quantity of moisture should be considered when making your deep conditioner at home.

:-1: Dont’s

1. Focus on time limit

Every remedy has its own advantages depends on your hair problems, but a little carelessness can change it to dis-advantages, don’t leave any homemade deep conditioner for more than 30 minutes in your hair, it may cause damage to your hair.

2. Don’t use every Ingredient

Use your hair remedies smarter, you should know which ingredient is for your hair type, only concerning ingredient will give you an advantage if you are applying it correctly. Remember not every DIY remedy is for you, it can damage your hair if using in the wrong way.

How often should we deep condition our hair

This totally depends on your hair type. If you have weak and straight hair, you can deep-condition just once or maximum twice a month. Over-conditioning your hair can create a moisture-protein inequality. It can also pull your hair down and make it drop flat, creating it ■■■■■■ to maintain and style. If your hair is dry, you can even deep-condition up to once a week.

Frequently Asked Questions

Some of the related questions are answered below:

1. Is Mayo a deep conditioner?

Mayonnaise is a useful deep conditioner, and it will leave your hair appearing soft and looking shiny.

2. Does coconut oil hydrate hair?

Coconut oil is an outstanding moisturizing product for your hair. It can be applied both before and after shampooing your hair to help stop breakage and maintain your hair looking shiny and strong.

3. How can I fix my dry frizzy hair at home?

Using apple cider vinegar on your hair

1. 1/3 cup of organic apple cider vinegar, 1 quart of warm water mix them.
  2. Pour on your hair as required.
  3. Leave it on your hair for 1 to 3 minutes.
  4. Wash with cool water.
  5. Let your hair dry naturally.
  6. Use it once or twice weekly.

Conclusion

DIY deep conditioner is used to improve the texture of your hair, it is meant to hydrate and refresh your hair to make it softer and shinier. It also reduces erosion between your strands of hairs and makes it easier to manage. Whenever you apply conditioner to your hair, a layer is built on your hair shaft, DIY deep conditioner is what provides your hair its shine post a hair wash.

You May Also Like To Read

How long does it take to grow hair after shaving your head?

High Ponytail

Laser Hair Removal Before and After

Hi Shaazi,
A very nice post to read. You have written all the points regarding DIY Deep Conditioner. I was scrolling through the Google from the last month for the search of amazing recipe regarding DIY Deep Conditioner. I am very grateful to find these recipes by your courtesy.
My hair ends gets broken in winter. I don’t know the reason is washing my hair with warm water or some other. I am just going to try these recipes.
Secondly, my hair is falling very speedily. I have tried a lot of recipes to cure this, but the result is zero. I hope to find some useful remedy in this favor. The problem of falling hair is not from the very beginning. It has just started five to six months before.
Now, I am hoping to find some useful thing in the favor of my hair.
My question for you; can I get top essential oils for hair growth and thickness. If you can provide me the same I will be very grateful for you.
But, one thing I would like to mention that you have not mentioned that in which condition the stated DIYs cannot be used.
My friend was telling me that her hair is too frizzy. You know? She was saying correct. There was a time when I was in love with her hair. But, now we both are worried regarding these hair problems.
I am going to share this recipe with her, for sure. I know I am going to give her a surprise at her birthday.
**it not a nicer gift?

1 Like