Havana twist is an extension made up of quality synthetic fiber that blend well with the various range of natural hair textures. Havana twists are thick twists of various lengths.
What hair to use for Havana twist?
In Havana twist Regular kanekalon hair such as expressions are nowadays used because of the affordability but the original Havana hairstyle needs kinky textured hair extensions such as Cuban hair, Marley hair, and kinky hair texture. Kanekelon hair is the highest quality of synthetic fibers that resemble rough hair textures. For Havana twists, hair with coarser or rough-textured hair is used with larger size and lighter in weight. Marley’s hair is the number one choice for those who use hair extensions as a method for protective styling.
How to do Havana Twists?
The process of Havana twists can take 3 to 5 hours. Following are the steps of the Havana twist;
2. After washing, apply oil for smoothness and softness.
3. After the oil application, part the hair into 4 smaller sections, twist, and cross the twisted sections in an anti-clockwise direction tightly.
4. After twisting, roll the hair like rope, makes sure do not lose the twist. In the middle, twist it loosely and in the end, again twist tightly.
5. After twisting, dip the tip of a hair into hot water.
This is a very different hairstyle, which needs proper aftercare to prevent hair breakage. You must be careful during washing, not to ruin the braids. Havana twist hairstyle can last from 4 to 8 weeks. Avoid wearing this hairstyle for weeks because it will cause breakage, and dry scalp.
Jumbo Havana Twist
Jumbo Havana twists are popular among black girls because of the convenience and time-saving facility. Kanekalon hair is used for jumbo Havana twists because they are heavier than kinky and Marley’s hair extensions and give a smooth and polished look. Jumbo Havana twist can last up to 2 months. 8 packs of hair are used for a thinner jumbo Havana twist. You can style the jumbo Havana twist in many ways, such as
1. Make a high ponytail and then create a twisted bun.
2. Simply half the hair from your head and grab two twists from each side, and then tie them together at the back that is the easy hairstyle for long hair.
3. Create another style with a high ponytail, twist them into large sections, and create a massive hair bun.
4. With the same ponytail, you can create a donut bun.
5. Grab all twists on one side and make them chunky by adding highlights that give a gorgeous look.
Small Havana twist
You can protect your locks with a short Havana twist too. They look more beautiful after adding hair accessories.
1. Havana twist braids look good with a shoulder-length bob cut hairstyle.
2. You can make mini twisted locks on short hair, and it is easy to maintain. you can make rubber band hairstyles with small Havana twist.
3. You can enjoy small Havana twists by styling in any way you desire that is the best short hairstyles over 50.
4. You can create a hairstyle with a high voluminous bun.
5. You can enhance hairstyling by adding some color and pull your hair from one side to the other to give a side-swept style.
Goddess Havana Twist
In ancient Africa goddess, Havana twists are a symbol of creativity and artwork and make you feel glamorous and noble. Goddess Havana twists are bigger and twist closely to your scalp. Because of the larger size, they are quickly installed, and you can style them in many ways.
Goddess Havana twists are fit for formal events, and you can style them in many ways like:
1. You can part them over shoulders, with an extra-large length with curly ends.
2. You can style them with a cute low bun that shows your earrings.
3. Grab your twists into a low, loose ponytail to make the style glamorous.
4. Curl the end of the twists and decorate them with gold strings.
5. Add some color to the goddess Havana twists, such as platinum blond or caramel blonde hair to create the chunky look.
Havana Twist crochet
Crochet Havana twist is extra-large with natural hair. Croch is made with 100% high-quality kanekalon synthetic fiber. They are relatively easy to install and take less time. These stylish crochet twists have a loop that makes it easy to crochet, and it is also bouncy. They are available in different hairstyles like;
1. Ombre Havana Mambo Twist Crochet Hair in black, purple, blond, and blue color.
2. Long Havana Mambo Twist Crochet Braid Hair
3. 22 inches long Havana Crochet Mambo twist
4. Short Havana Crochet Mambo twist Hair
5. Crochet spring twists with cornrows
Havana Twist Vs Marley Twist
|Features||Havana Twist||Marley Twist|
|Size||Larger in diameter||Smaller in diameter|
|Hair texture||Coarser hair than Marley’s hair||Thick Coarse Hair|
|Cost||$13 per pack||$5-$6 per pack|
|Hair type||Kanekalon hair||Kinky hair|
|How long does it last?||8 weeks||6-8 weeks|
|How many packs required?||5-7 packs||3 packs|
How to protect your edges?
When you are styled too tightly, it will cause breakage and bumps along with the hairline same as a piercing bump then you will go to your stylist and treat your edges with castor oil. It will work on your edges same as castor oil for eyebrows. Some stylists recommend edge control gel that laid down your baby hairs while stimulating growth.
How to maintain your scalp health?
Maintain your scalp health by moisturizing, before installation of twists. Moisturize roots and ends of hair to make sure your natural hair blends well with the extensions. After installation again moisturizes your scalp with oil or spray. Peppermint oil and almond oil are best for the health of the scalp.
Havana twist is made up of synthetic fiber that blends with natural hair textures and available in various lengths. Kanekalon hair is used for Havana twist and it is also is known as rope twist.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have crafted these frequently asked questions to guide you about the Havana twist. Following are the most asked questions about Havana twist;
1. How long do Havana the twists last?
Havana twists can last up to 8 weeks but wearing Havana twists for 8 weeks not good for the health of hairs. You need some aftercare and maintenance of your hair. They need to be thoroughly washed and moisturized.
2. Difference between the Senegalese twist and Havana twist?
The kanekalon hair’s silky texture creates a tighter appearance in Senegalese twists, while in Havana twists coarser hair has been used that merges with the natural hair. Havana’s twist resembles Marley’s hair but it is larger than Marley’s hair.
3. How do you clean your twists?
Clean it before installation and 3 to 4 weeks after installation. It depends on the length of the time if you wear them for 8 weeks then clean them after 4 weeks with shampoo. Hydrate and moisturize your scalp daily with hydration spray and oil.
Havana twist is a synthetic fiber twist hair extensions, are of various lengths. Kanekalon hair is used for Havana twist that resembles rough hair texture.
Havana twists can take 3 to 5 hours. It needs proper aftercare to prevent breakage. It can last from 4 to 8 weeks.
You can make different Havana twists and create different hairstyles such as jumbo Havana twist, small Havana twist, goddess Havana twist, crochet Havana twist, and mambo Havana twist and style them by creating a high ponytail, donut bun, voluminous bun, Curling in the end, add some color to give chunky look, cute low bun, and decorate them with gold strings.