Can Dogs Eat Strawberries? The answer is yes! Dogs can also eat strawberries as they are rich in vitamin, fiber and antioxidant but dogs can have it in small quantity because this sugary fruit contains too much sweetness which can make your dog sick. Strawberries actually are the “false fruit” or an indehiscent fruit which is full of potent. It protects us from cancer, keep our heart healthy and make us glow. Strawberries are widely recognize by its bright red color, sweet and juicy texture and refreshing aroma.
Types of pets:
There are multiple animals which we can keep as a pet but we should know which pet is suitable according to our life style. For instance:
- We should not keep dogs as a pet if we are having long working hours because they need attention, companionship and socialization.
- In apartments, birds and parrots are not good choice as they make lots of noise.
- If you have not lots of time to spend with pets then fishes are the good choice to keep as the pet as fishes do not need much time for taking care.
- Large reptiles are not good choice if one have not lots of money to spend on them. First of all they are expensive for buying then setting up their space (cages) require more amount.
- Some large omnivores such as lion and tigers can be dangerous for babies as babies cannot protect themselves. We should avoid keeping wild animals as pet especially when we have kids at home.
Here is the list of some common animals which we can keep as a pet:
Dogs as a pet:
Dogs are the incredible loyal pet, all they want is attention and time by owner. Some of them can used as a pet and others are assign with human to do their jobs. Dogs are now a days very demanding pet as they help human in loneliness, listen to them and a very playful animal, they love to be surrounded by owner and to please them. A very good thing about dogs is they do their business outside the house. But if you have long hours so don’t keep dog as pet because all they need is companionship from owner. Also dogs are quite expensive and required more amount to spend on their setup.
Did you know?
According to the current research there was an Australian Cattle pet dog named Bluey who is considered as the oldest dog. He was born in 7 June 1910 and live 29 years and 160 days. He died on 14 November 1939.
Type of dogs:
There are 10 most popular breed of dogs found in Pakistan:
- German shepherd
> Interesting Fact:
> Your dog can be left-handed or right-handed just like human.
Can dogs eat strawberries?
Can dogs eat strawberries? Yes, including all other type of berries dog can eat strawberries too but the small portion of strawberries are enough for your pupps. Strawberries contain some characteristics which are beneficial for your dogs, for example:
- High water content
- Vitamin c
- Teeth-whitening enzymes
But beside all these healthy characteristics strawberries contain sweetness and too much sugar consumption is not good for your dog’s health. Here are some tips on feeding strawberries to your most loyal friend:
- Never give your dog packed and canned strawberries because the ingredient which use to keep strawberries fresh can be harmful for your 4 legged baby. Always feed them fresh one.
- Don’t feed them a lot as too much sugar can be harmful for them. Just feed them few to change their routine.
- Don’t cut in to bit sized pieces always feed them whole to avoid choking.
Healthy benefits of eating strawberries:
Strawberries are essential for your dog’s health in following ways:
- Strawberries are the complete package of vitamins and minerals which enhance your pet’s immune system.
- Fibers of strawberries helps your dog in digestion.
- Strawberries contains fatty acids which improve dog’s skin and coat.
- These are very low calorie fruit which does not increase your pooch’s weight.
- Strawberries also help in keep your pet’s teeth healthy.
- Because strawberries are rich in water it keeps your dog hydrated.
What about risk?
Eating strawberries have some risk too. Let’s learn about the risk which influence your puppy’s health.
- Canned or packed strawberries are dangerous as it contain lots of sugar which can harm your little one.
- By consuming strawberries there are high risk of choking. If you have puppies or small breed dogs try to give them mashed strawberries or pureed but if you are the owner of adult dogs then do not cut into pieces, give them whole.
- Similarly like human animals can also be allergic with anything, so this can be possible that your pet is allergic to strawberries.
Healthy diet for dogs:
Artificial feeds are basically the healthiest diet for dogs or any pet but there are some human feed as well which are healthy and safe for your dog, i.e.
- Carrot: carrot intake is good for dogs as it contains vitamins and also provide good dental health.
- Apple: apple is the best packet of vitamin and fiber which enhance their digestion.
- White Rice: if your dog is sick and having upset stomach then give them plain, cooked white rice as it is easy to digest.
- Meat: the chicken and white meat are safe and healthy for your dog but remember to cook properly before feeding them as the uncooked one contain harmful bacteria.
- Popcorns: plain popcorns without any salt, butter or any flavor is very nutritious for your dogs.
- Blueberries: consuming blue berries are beneficial for older dogs as they help to resolve age-related issues.
- Banana: banana is full of magnesium which is very good for bones.
- Cucumber: cucumber are very low calorie snack for dog. Consuming cucumbers are good for those who are over-weight.
- Watermelon: watermelon are very good for dog’s health but make sure to remove all the seeds before offering them.
Offer every human food to dog in very small portion. “Excess can be toxic”.
Foods which dogs strictly cannot have:
There are some human foods which are strictly prohibited for dogs to consume:
- Onion and family: onion family include onion and garlic either cooked or uncooked is toxic for your dogs.
- Chocolate: poison! Chocolate consumption is poisonous for dogs and cause kidney failure.
- Avocado: avocado contains a substance called Persian which is strictly cannot consume by dogs as it is poison for dogs.
- Graphs and raisins: graphs and raisins are the BIG NO for dogs as it can cause liver and kidney failure.
- Cooked bones: DOG LOVES BONE! Uncooked bones are very good for dog for chewing but never give cooked bones to your dogs as it can easily crumbled.
If your dog consume any of the above food then immediately take your dog to the vets.
All in all strawberries are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and fatty acids which is good for both human and dogs but since dog has different body system then human so dog should consume strawberries in moderate amount because too much sugar is harmful for your pet. Beside this your dog can be allergic from strawberries. First of all give them a very small piece to make sure that it is suitable for your dog or not. Some dogs are small and bit sized strawberry slices can be choke so in this case try to give them mashed or pureed one. Always remember to give them fresh and washed strawberries.
Your puppy is just like your baby. Take a good care of them!
1. Can we totally eliminate dog food?
No we cannot eliminate dog food from their diet as it fulfills all of your pet’s nutritious need. Human food we can serve them as an alternative snacks just for change their taste otherwise dog food is the best and complete meal for your dog.
2. Why is strawberry so important for us?
Strawberries are healthy food for human as these are full of vitamins, minerals, fibers and fatty acids which keeps heart healthy, maintain blood pressure and give skin a healthy and glowing effect.
3. Is strawberry healthy for dogs?
Strawberries are basically work as milti-vitamins and good for both human and dogs but in moderation. Too much consumption of strawberries can cause diarrhea, vomiting and even toxic due to too much sugar.
4. How much nutrition does strawberry contain?
100 grams of strawberries contain:
- 0% calories
- 0.3 gms of fats
- 0% Cholesterol
- 2% carbohydrates
- 97% vitamin
- 2% iron
- 1% calcium
- 3% magnesium
5. Why we called strawberry “false fruit”?
Strawberries are actually not a fruit but it is flashy part of the plant in which lots of seeds are embedded on it.
6. How many strawberries a dog can consume?
Not only strawberry but every human food should consume in moderation. Just some pieces at a time. Too much consumption of strawberries can harm your dogs.
7. What are the side effects of strawberries for dogs?
Although strawberries are good for dogs as it contains vitamins and minerals but too much consumption of strawberries can cause diarrhea and vomiting. Also strawberries are sweet fruit and too much consumption of suger can also harm your pooch.
8. What are the three fruits a dog cannot take?
Fruits that are strictly prohibited for dogs include:
- Graphs and risen
- Fruits that contain seed or pips
9. Is chocolate safe for dog to eat?
Big NO! for chocolate. Dogs cannot consume chocolate because it contain XYLITOL which is toxic for them. If dogs consume some then you should immediately contact to your vets because it can cause liver or kidney failure.
10. What happen when we serve cooked bone to our dog?
It is better to serve your dog uncooked bones, it helps to enhance your dog’s chewing process. We should not give cooked bones to dogs as the cooked one scrambled easily and can choke.
11. What dog food is harmful?
Dry kibble is announce as the killing food for dogs as the drug administrator announce that more than 2 dozen dogs has dead after consuming this brand. The product contain high level of aflatoxin and corn mold which can kill dogs.
Why is My Dog Sneezing?
Why do dogs lick you?
Best Dog Breed
How to tell how old dog is
Can Dogs eat Watermelon?
Can dogs eat almonds?
Down syndrome in dogs
Benefits of dog
Essential Oils Bad For Dogs