Cute Rubber band hairstyles are the recent top trend fashion for giving funky summer vibes to your hair. It is highly popular with kids especially teenage girls who love to make cool hairstyles and hair section patterns with these thin colorful rubber bands. It’s more like a cherry on top of your creative hairstyles.
1. A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE RUBBER BANDS Hairstyles:
Enlightening upon the history, Young girls in the 17th to mid 18th century used to tie their hair with colorful silk ribbons in order to keep them intact as well as it was a source of fashion. So, it was a status symbol and used to be made with a variety of silks and fabrics in accordance with the class to which they belong. As far as the adult women were concerned, tying hair used to be associated with manly fashion and scorned so it was prohibited among them until it became a fashion symbol in the early 20th century.
Dating way back to the Roman Empire, women used to make intricate braided hairstyles and used to sew them with threads and needles in order to keep them secured. This practice can also be noticed in Greek and Medieval period hairstyles.
However, the rubber industry began in the 1800s by Thomas Hancock who is known to be the father of the rubber industry. He started his business with the production of elastic rubber gloves, shoes and stockings, etc. In the early 20th century when the hair tie practice became popular in adult women, the rubber industries expanded their product diversity and started producing elastic bands for the hair tying purpose.
2. HOW IS A RUBBER BAND MADE?
Rubber bands are made through the following process:
The latex is derived from the trees Hevea brasiliensis and is purified in order to remove impurities and debris.
Chemicals such as Acetic acid and Formic acid are added which clings the rubber together to form slabs.
These slabs are rolled and passed through the extruding machines, also adding different dyes into the machine which takes out hollow colorful tubes.
These tubes are molded with aluminum rods and are heated to build strength and elasticity.
Last but not the last, these tubes are passed through the cutter which cuts at the average of 1.5millimeter thick bands.
3. TRENDY RUBBER BAND HAIRSTYLES:
Hair is an integral part of a person’s personality and hairstyles carve your personality and physical appearance. Here we share a plethora of trendy rubber band hairstyles for all ages as follows:
3.1 CUTE RUBBER BAND HAIRSTYLES FOR KIDS:
Every mother loves playing around with their kid’s hair so there are many hairstyles for little girls that are not only funky and casual but also a great style for carrying it in schools.
- Giving a hairband effect on the front by multiple box sectioning hair which is tied closely to the scalp and loosened strands are kept at the back.
2. Thin braiding of strands like an African style and adding colorful elastic bands in the end to give a funky 90s vibes.
- Cross and weaving braiding is also a popular style. Take for about 4-6 strands of your hair from the front and take them backward. Tie it with elastic bands and style the strands in a criss-cross weaving manner and tie the ends in two ponytails.
- You can also add colors to the simple Mohawk braids or french and dutch braids by tying the ends with multiple colorful ponytails
- Bubble braids are the talk of the town after the inspiration from the Jasmine hairstyle from Aladdin. So tying the sections with colorful elastic bands will give cute vibes to it.
3.2 RUBBER BAND HAIRSTYLES FOR ADULT WOMEN:
Teen girls who are obsessed with these cute and funky hairstyles can try these below:
- Side criss-cross hair partitions give an aesthetic 90s vibe to your hair. Put colorful elastic bands on strands to make it cooler along with signature Ariana Grande high sleek ponytails.
- Messy buns are casual and stylish to carry. To make it cooler and funky, add box partitions secured with colored rubber bands.
- Side fro-hawk with throwing some colors with rubber bands are all-time go for girls.
- Simple pigtails and adding colorful elastic bands are the most versatile look for carrying them at college and gym. The trick is to French braid the two hair sections, partitioned from the middle and add rubber bands in diagonal till the pigtail starts.
- Braiding the crown of your head with box sections and criss-cross braids plus adding those colorful bands is the top-notch style for summer parties and day time event. You can make it look trendy by adding a high ponytail or a bun.
4. BEST RUBBER BAND HAIRSTYLES FOR YOUR HAIR TYPE:
Every person has different hair textures. Some have silky and some have curly or wavy. As far as the elastic band hairstyles are concerned, it works best for every hair type, it can be short and long. Looking into the popularity, these hairstyles are highly adopted by curly hair groups as it allows them to keep their hair in place and intact without allowing them to become frizzy.
Rubber Band Hairstyles are easily carried by all age groups and gives a colorful magic to your simple braids and patterns. The best thing of these hairstyles are that it can be used on every hair textures and length. As the hair tie practice got popularity in the 20th century, rubber industries started to make elastic rubber bands just for the purpose of tying hair and eventually became a fashion trend.
5. FAQS :
Here are some frequently asked questions about cute Rubber band hairstyles that girls usually asks
5.1 Do elastic bands damage hair?
Yes, it damages your hair if it is kept on hair overnight. It tangles with the strands and makes it difficult to take out especially in curly hair. In the struggle to take them out, it causes breakage and damage to your hair.
5.2 What product is best for styling hair?
For hair like Afro-textured or curls, products like hair gel, mousse, wax and pomades etc are necessary to tame the hair in order to make it into the desired style. Make sure to use the right and good quality product to protect hair from future damages.
5.3 Can these rubber band hairstyles be used for short hair?
Yes, it can be used on the crown head with desired multiple hair section patterns. Hairstyles like Bantu knots, flat twists and faux hawk looks best on short hair.
6. CONCLUSION :
Cute Rubber band hairstyles are a forever trendy fashion that adds colors to the simple boring hairdos. It is also highly popular in the punk community as it gives funky cool vibes to your retro hairstyles.