Articles of incorporation
Definition of Articles of incorporation:
Articles of incorporation are a set of formal documents filed with a government body to legally document the creation of a corporation. Articles of incorporation generally contain pertinent information, such as the firm’s name, street address, agent for service of process, and the amount and type of stock to be issued.
US term for the basic legal document which, similar to the UK's memorandum of association, gives birth to a corporation. Together with the certificate of incorporation (corporations birth certificate), it constitutes the charter that gives the corporation an independent existence as a legal entity. Also called articles of formation or articles of organization.
Articles of incorporation are also referred to as the "corporate charter," "articles of association," or "certificate of incorporation.".
Document for the creation of a new Corporation:
Article of the corporation is a legal document for the creation of the corporation. Article of incorporation is the sets of formal document that are necessary for setting up a corporation. It is generally filled by the legislative body, State’s secretary.
How to use Articles of incorporation in a sentence?
- Articles of incorporation are the pertinent filing with a government body (usually the state) that signifies the creation of a corporation.
- Broadly, articles of incorporation should include the company's name, type of corporate structure, and number and type of authorized shares.
- The founders of the new corporation were discussing the articles of incorporation and the necessary procedures to make their new business a legally separate entity.
- The articles of incorporation laid out clear and standard operating procedures that were referenced when determining the best course of action.
- Bylaws work in conjunction with the articles of incorporation to form the legal backbone of the business.
- You should always know what is said in the articles of incorporation so that you are not breaking any rules.
- In the U.S., articles of incorporation are filed with the Office of the Secretary of State where the business chooses to incorporate.
Meaning of Articles of incorporation & Articles of incorporation Definition