Muffins

A muffin is a batter-based baking food that is chemically sweetened. It’s a combination between a low-ratio cake and a fast bread in terms of texture. Until baking, muffin batter is normally poured into a deep, narrow cup-shaped container. The finished product has a distinctive “cupcake” shape. Muffins have the following characteristics: Crumb that is moist, chewy texture, crumb grain is uneven, with cracks or gaps passing through it, and tops that are bell-shaped or smooth. While sweet quick bread muffins are popular, savory versions with ingredients like egg and cheese are also available. Flatbread and quick bread are widely used in today’s world. Muffins have risen in popularity as a breakfast alternative. Muffins gained attention as between-meal snacks, desserts, and even dinner additions. Chocolate chip muffins, banana muffins, honey muffins, milk muffins, brownie muffins, strawberry muffins, and coffee muffins are different types of muffins.

Muffins

Ingredients for Muffins

Standard pantry ingredients are needed for plain muffins. These are most definitely already in your possession. Let’s go over the requirements…

• The recipe is formulated with all-purpose flour.
  • Baking powder is used to leaven the muffin layer.
  • Salt: Because without a touch or two of salt, no dish is edible.
  • When making muffins, I like unsalted sweet cream butter.
  • There is only a small amount of sugar used.
  • You’ll need 2 big eggs.
  • For the muffins, I used whole milk, but buttermilk would also fit.

Ingredients for muffins

Following are the tips to make the best muffins:

• You can substitute oil for butter but bear in mind that the muffins would be much smoother.
  • It’s best to use a mixture of oil and butter. Use 1/4 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of oil.
  • Using Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour to make the muffins gluten-free. Gluten-Free Baking Flour (1-to-1 ratio).
  • Whole milk may be replaced with buttermilk, ice cream, or tofu. If you want to use Greek yogurt, you’ll need to thin it with water first.
    Muffins in breakfast

Muffins have moist crumbs with a chewy feel, irregular crumb grain with holes or holes running across it, and bell-shaped or flat tops. While sweet fast bread muffins are common, there are also savory versions with ingredients like corn and cheese.

Types of Muffins

Breakfast will never be bland again due to the muffins on this list, which come with a range of flavors and textures. Muffins are always liked much by everyone. They are liked much especially for breakfasts or tea-time but they can be served with lunches or dinners too. Homemade muffins are far superior to what you’ll find at the local cafe. There are a variety of choices, ranging from basic flavors like blueberry to more complex ones like French toast.

They are healthy and light to eat but everyone will be happy that if made at home too and with no time. The flatbread is a British or European invention from the early 18th century, while the fast bread is a 19th-century North American invention. In today’s world, both are commonly used. Muffins have become widely popular as a breakfast alternative to Danishes and doughnuts. They’ve become popular as between-meal snacks, desserts, and even dinner side dishes. Now I will share with you a recipe for different types of Muffins.

Following are the different types of muffins:

1. MUFFINS WITH BANANAS

Banana muffins

For over a decade, these have been a favorite of mine. It was one of the first dishes to which I became addict. They’re sweet and tasty, and they’re great for breakfast or dessert. The muffin recipe begins with bananas, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract. Only before the dry ingredients are added, stir in the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold in the nuts if necessary. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

2. CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

Chocolate chip muffin

One of my freezer essentials – a delicious, easy breakfast treat. Preheat oven to 350°F (180 degrees Celsius). Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a mixing cup, beat the egg, add in the sour cream with the flour mixture. Stir in the sugar, oil, and chocolate chips, then pour 2/3 of the batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or before gently touched muffins spring right back. The muffin tins used in this recipe are regular.

3. HONEY MUFFINS

These are one of my favorite delicious honey muffins, which are served in the bread bowl. They’re delicious slathered in sugar. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a mixing cup, combine the oil and honey; add the eggs and beat vigorously. Add in the bananas and mix well. Add dry ingredients and hot water to the wet ingredients, combining well after each addition. Fill 24 greased muffin cups halfway with batter; bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and done. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.

4. APPLE-CINAMON MUFFINS

Apple Muffin

Thanks to apple cider and sliced apples, these apple-cinnamon muffins have a big apple flavor and a fantastic cinnamon-sugar crunch on top. In a big mixing bowl, blend the dry ingredients and stir well, then add the liquids and chopped apple, spoon into greased muffin tins around 2/3 full, and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.

5. MILK MUFFINS

Milk Muffins are made in less time and need only a few ingredients. But no doubt they are delicious and healthy with milk and butter or vegetable oil. One can love it after eating the Milk Muffins. Now we are going to start the recipe by sharing Milk Muffins’ ingredients are half Cup milk, flour all-purpose or fine one cup, sugar half Cup, butter or oil two tablespoons, cream or Powder milk two tablespoons, baking soda or Baking Powder half teaspoon or both of baking soda and baking powder- quarter teaspoon. For making a milk muffin sift the flour, add baking powder or baking soda with it. Now separate two tablespoons of sugar and add sugar in milk, beat the mixture until melts the sugar then add butter or oil and mix well. Now mix it with flour. Now pour the mixture into molds of muffins wraps, bake them for ten minutes only at 180 or until they get golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave them until they become cold.

6. BROWNIE MUFFINS

Brownie muffins

Follow all steps same as mentioned above in the recipe of Muffins. Make cream with Chocolate as the recipe is given above mentioned, and add two tablespoons of Cocoa powder in the Better. Bake and cold then garnish with chocolate spread. Your chocolate muffins are ready with Milk instead of eggs.

7. PUDDING WITH MUFFINS

If you have muffins in just pieces or you don’t want to eat them more. Make powder of them in the chopper or grinder. Now add milk to it. No need for much sugar or butter, if one has a quarter cup of muffins add only one Cup of milk, one teaspoon of sugar, and one teaspoon of butter. Cook or bake only for few minutes until gets thicken or golden. Set in a bowl or plate and serve.

8. NUT MUFFINS

Follow the recipe one, and make a batter of muffins. Now add some nuts as you like in it and with a few make a powder or use whole nuts and garnish with them. Pour into muffins wraps only or a mold and bake for ten minutes. Now your nut Muffins are ready.

9. COFFEE MUFFINS

Coffee Muffin

Make batter to follow the recipe of Muffins. Then add two teaspoons of coffee. Now pour into muffins wraps and bake for ten minutes as described firstly. Your coffee Muffins are ready, spray some coffee powder on them and a yummy sweet dish or breakfast is ready.

10. STRAWBERRY MUFFINS

Muffin with strawberry

Make a batter to follow the recipe of Muffins. Now put into the mixture a few strawberries after crushing them. Now bake for ten minutes in muffins wraps or into small bowls of dips. Tasty and healthy strawberry Muffins are ready. You can make every Fruit’s Muffins with this same recipe just changing Fruit. And enjoy all Fruits with Muffins at Home.

Muffins are liked much especially for breakfasts or tea-time but they can be served with lunches or dinners too. Homemade muffins are far superior to what you’ll find at the local cafe. There are several options, ranging from staples like blueberry to more elaborate ones like French toast. Following are the different types of muffins: Apple-cinnamon muffins, chocolate chip muffins, and honey muffins.

Note: one can bake their muffins into small dip bowls too and over a big frying Pan or cooker too. They will be made within 7-10 minutes.

Different dressing on muffin

After making muffins take Milk powder or cream. If you are using Milk powder add one teaspoon of water more then add sugar and beat them well until it becomes creamy and fluffy. Now take one muffin and spread a small layer of prepared cream on it. Likewise, put spread at every muffin. They will look great if don’t like them or want to skip them. Make spread/cream with Chocolate skip the Powder milk or cream from the recipe of spread/cream. And add the chocolate powder in the same quantity, prepare as the recipe is given before, and make chocolate spread. It will also yummy.

Summary
A muffin is a baked good that comes in individual serving sizes. A part-raised flatbread that is baked and then cooked on a griddle, and a cupcake-like quick bread that is chemically flavored and then baked in a mold.

Frequently Asked Questions

Muffins are made of batter containing eggs, sugar, and flour baked in molds. But there are a lot of techniques for baking soft and fluffy Muffins. Therefore people have many questions in their minds about baking muffins. Answers to some frequently asked questions are:

1. What causes muffins to be dry and crumbly?

Over mixing the batter and overcooking the muffins are the two most common causes of dry, hard muffins. So here are the three easy keys to making wonderfully fluffy and delicious blueberry muffins: Using both butter and oil; butter adds flavor, while oil adds moisture. So make use of both. Small baked goods, including muffins, cupcakes, and croissants, can be restored by steaming them. Place them in a steamer basket over softly simmering water, a couple at a time, with plenty of space between them for steam to circulate.

2. Which muffin is the most popular?

There seem to be as many top-selling muffin flavor lists as there are muffin varieties. Blueberry is the most common muffin flavor, followed by Zucchini, Better Morning, Chocolate, and Banana.

3. What exactly is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?

Cupcake recipes usually contain more sugar and fat (butter, oil, or dairy) than muffin recipes, and can have texture-enhancing ingredients such as whipped eggs or sour cream. And, yes, frosting is almost always present in cupcakes. Muffins, on the other hand, are usually blended using the muffin process, regardless of taste.

4. What is the perfect temperature for baking muffins?

For Mini Muffins or Standard Muffins: Reduce baking time to about 20 minutes overall for regular size muffins baked in a 12-count muffin pan: 5 minutes at 425°F, followed by 15 minutes at 350°F. This recipe makes 14-15 standard-size muffins. Bake for 11-13 minutes at 350°F for approximately 40 mini muffins.

5. What happens if you make muffins with an extra egg?

Adding more egg yolks to the batter helps the batter to retain more moisture and extra sugar because emulsifiers hold water and fat together. This results in a moister, sweeter cake that maintains its shape rather than being a runny mass as it bakes. In our baked goods, eggs play a key role. Our cakes and cookies benefit from the texture, leavening, color, and taste that eggs provide. Most of the baked products intend to give their height and texture to the delicate combination of eggs and flour.

6. Why are only egg yolks needed in some recipes?

When recipes call for only yolks, it’s usually because the fat content and emulsifying potential of the yolks are required. It’s also worth remembering that yolks keep egg whites from whipping into a pulp, which is why, when a recipe calls for it, they must be carefully separated.

7. How long do you keep muffins in the pan after they’ve been baked?

Enable the muffins to cool in the pan before removing them. Before removing the muffins from the pan, allow them to cool slightly and recover their composure for about five minutes. If you wait more than 5 minutes, the muffins can get soggy, so keep an eye on the time.

8. How do you make muffins rise to their proper size?

The temperature of the oven is probably the most significant factor. When you first put the muffins in the oven, give them a boost of extra hot heat (220C/420F) to support them outside of the muffin set quickly as the inside begins to rise, resulting in the muffin top look.

9. Is it okay to use bread flour in muffins?

Since you aren’t working the batter enough to trigger the gluten, something making the muffin process (combine wet, combine dry, mix just enough to combine) will actually be fine made with bread flour. So, if you have a delicate side, you can make muffins, biscuits, soda bread, and cookies.

10. Is it necessary to let the muffin batter rest?

Do you know that you should let your muffin batter sit for at least an hour or overnight in the fridge (preferred)? The starch molecules in the flour consume the liquid in the battery during the resting time. This allows them to expand, resulting in a thicker, more viscous batter.

Conclusion

Muffins are delicate slices of bread in the form of cupcakes. They come in a variety of sweet and savory flavors and can be eaten hot or cold. Cupcakes and muffins are distinguished by the mixing phase and batter consistency. The butter and sugar are creamed together to make a creamy, moist batter for cupcakes. Muffin batter, on the other hand, is just lightly beaten and stays lumpy. This results in a denser baked good. Bread Muffins or whole wheat muffins are healthier muffins, they are high-fiber, low-fat breakfast snacks that are high in calcium, phosphate, magnesium, and selenium. However, be cautious about what you place on it. Using a lot of butter or jelly will even add a lot of calories.

Related Articles

Delicious double chocolate muffins in just 10 minutes with 10 ingredients

Buttermilk Recipe

Buttermilk alternative

How to make french toast?

How to make spaghetti?

Approved by
Saira Imran

MUFFINS : TYPES OF MUFFINS
biscuit is comprised of a hitter of various fixings and afterward prepared or microwaved .

it is the most loved food of childrens and individuals of each age as I would like to think . who doesn’t very much want to have biscuits

EASIEST WAY TO MAKE MUFFINS IN CUP

• take 3 spoons of entire flour in a cup (you can utilize anything).

• add a touch of heating powder.

• add 4 spoons of sugar (you can add as indicated by your taste).

• add 1-2 table spoons of coco powder (discretionary).

• add spot of salt .

• add half table spoon of vanilla embodiment (discretionary).

• presently combine the dry blend all as one .

• add 2 table spoons of cooking oil or vegetable oil (you can add 3 tablespoons to make it soggy).

• add 3-4 table spoons of milk.

• combine every one of the fixings as one

• microwave it for 1:30 minutes . look at with toothpick assuming it told the truth, its done in the event that not, microwave it for additional 30 secs.

Make the most of YOUR MUFFIN AT HOME ANYTIME .

**DIFFERNCE BETWEEN MUFFIN AND CUPCAKE?

The significant distinction among biscuits and cupcakes will be cupcakes have toping or icing

while biscuit doesn’t have icing or toping .

biscuit doesn’t have toping that is the reason we can have biscuits in breakfast or in any supper since it is astonishing to begin a day with and is exceptionally light weight.

About six years ago, I rounded up my ten favorite recipes in each category that I have here on Brown Eyed Baker. Needless to say, I’ve made MANY more recipes since then! Over the last few years, I’ve periodically updated the lists so that they are always current with my favorites. In the depths of winter, I love keeping a stash of my favorite muffins in the freezer, so I thought now would be a good time to brush up this list for you!
APPLE MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON-SUGAR TOPPING:
These apple-cinnamon muffins are packed with huge apple flavor thanks to apple cider and chopped, cooked apples, with a fabulous cinnamon-sugar crunch on top. You’ll want to make an extra batch or two to keep in the freezer Aside from the robust apple flavor, the topping on these muffins is absolutely TO DIE FOR… a combination of granulated and brown sugar, along with cinnamon – it’s a wonderfully sweet, crunchy coating and will make you want to save the top for last (at least, I did!). Whether you go apple picking at a local orchard or just grab your favorites from the grocery store, these apple-cinnamon muffins NEED to go on your fall baking list. They’re not as quick to come together as most, but they are well worth every single second of prep time. We are obsessed with them!
HOW TO MAKE THEM FROM SCRATCH?
This recipe is a little bit of an exception to quick one-bowl muffin recipes since you cook the apples down with some butter and brown sugar first, but it is 100% worth the extra time. This is how we make them:

1. Cook the apples with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the moisture has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
  2. Prep the pan.
  3. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
  4. Whisk the wet ingredients.
  5. Add the apple cider, yogurt, and vanilla to the wet ingredients.
  6. Fold the wet ingredients and cooked apples with the dry ingredients.
  7. Divide between the muffin cups.
  8. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar topping.
  9. Bake until golden brown and there are a few moist crumbs on a toothpick.
    PREPPING THE APPLES:
    The Best Apples to Use:
    The types of apples most preferred for baking need to be firm enough to hold their shape during the baking process and not turn to mush. While Granny Smith is a natural first choice, all of these other apples are fantastic (and delicious!) substitutes:
  • Honeycrisp

• Jonagold

• Golden Delicious

• Pink Lady

• Braeburn

• Cortland
    Chopped vs shredded:
    Cooking down chopped apples helps remove the excess moisture that would otherwise seep out if you were to stir uncooked apples into the batter, which would create dense and mushy muffins. We don’t want those! If you prefer the texture of shredded apples throughout the muffins, I would recommend shredding on the large holes of a box grater and then cooking as directed in the recipe below, but you will not need to cook the shredded apples as long as the chopped apples.
    BANANA MUFFINS:
    I don’t eat muffins for breakfast very often, but when I do, I gravitate to either banana or blueberry varieties. No doubt a big part of that is that they both tend to have a dessert-like consistency and flavor to them. If I’m going to have something sweet for breakfast, I’m going to go all-in! I’ve been making these easy banana muffins for ages now and I’ve yet to find another recipe that I like better. These turn out fluffy, moist and tasting just like banana bread… a breakfast win, for sure. I love that this recipe makes more than the standard 12 muffins because they freeze wonderfully. I’ll typically leave a handful of muffins out for a few days’ worth of breakfasts, then freeze the remaining ones. After a quick zap in the microwave, they’re perfect. These easy Banana Muffins are the best you’ll ever eat!
    INGREDIENTS:

• cups all-purpose flour

• teaspoon baking soda

• teaspoon salt

• ½ teaspoon baking powder

• cups granulated sugar

• cup vegetable oil

• eggs

• tablespoon vanilla extract

• ripe bananas (peeled and coarsely mashed)
    DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two standard-size muffin tins with paper liners.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend; set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until completely combined. Gently stir in the banana.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and, using a rubber spatula, fold the batter together until just blended.
  5. Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake the muffins until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly before removing and serving. The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month.
    BERRYLICIOUS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS:
    These blueberry muffins are loaded with fresh blueberries, have a fresh blueberry jam swirl throughout and are topped with sugar for a crunchy bite! I’m not a huge breakfast person; in fact, I spent the majority of my high school and college years skipping breakfast altogether. While I end up too famished nowadays to do that routinely, I’m still not big on spending a large amount of time preparing breakfast. As a result, I often grab a bowl of cereal, a rice cake with Sun butter, or something equally quick. However, if I’m ever out and about and get the opportunity to grab breakfast from a bakery, then it’s blueberry muffins all day, everyday. I rarely make muffins to keep on hand at home, but since making these blueberry muffins, I’m convinced that there needs to be a constant stash in my freezer for emergency situations (i.e. Joseph gets up at 5:45am and I just need something in my belly!). Not only are these muffins loaded with plump, fresh blueberries, but you taken even more blueberries and cook them down into a thick jam and swirl it into the center of the muffins. You’ll notice I did a fairly poor job at getting the swirl INTO the muffins. I dolloped it on top and it was difficult to really get it down into the batter. I would recommend taking the back of the your measuring spoon and pushing into the middle of the muffin to make a little well and then drop the cooked blueberries in there. That’s my plan going forward. Regardless of this misstep, these are the most AMAZING blueberry muffins – so many bursts of flavor and the sugar coating gives it a wonderful crunch with every single bite. This is absolutely my go-to blueberry muffin recipe going forward and I plan to keep my freezer stocked!
    CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS:
    I’m definitely a muffin gal, but had forgotten about how much I loved them until January rolled around and I was sitting in a hospital room. The morning after having Joseph, my husband and I were filling out the breakfast form and he checked off blueberry muffin on his order. I thought that sounded good and added it to my order, as well. The blueberry muffin that arrived definitely came from a package, but my goodness, it totally hit the spot that morning. It could have been due to the fact that it was the first thing I had eaten in a day and a half that wasn’t ice chips, but it made me remember how much I absolutely love a good muffin. These muffins are incredibly quick and easy to make, taking only 10 minutes from the time you start until they’re in the oven baking away. They bake up soft and tender, not too crumbly, and with a bit of a crunch from the sugar topping. If you love a sweet start to your mornings, these muffins will absolutely fit the bill.
    CORNBREAD MUFFINS:
    This past Sunday, we were a super small crowd for Sunday dinner – just myself, my husband and my father-in-law (and Joseph, of course!) – and the weather had been downright frigid. We saw snowflakes on Saturday… snowflakes ! When the weather starts to get blustery, I crave warm bowls of food, like soups, stews and chili. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend a cold Sunday afternoon watching football than with a bowl of chili, so on the menu it went! Aside from shredded cheddar cheese and Fritos, I consider cornbread a near necessity when eating chili. I need SOMETHING to sop up all of that delicious leftover chili sauce in the bottom of the bowl! These corn muffins are basically the corniest of corn muffins out there! If you’ve ever made cornbread, you know that you typically use much more flour than cornmeal, but in these muffins, the ratio is reversed. I balked at it at first because I thought that they could be a little dry and dense, but thanks to the addition of things like milk, melted butter and sour cream, the muffins are wonderfully moist and full of flavor.
    HONEY MUFFINS:
    I’m sure I’m not alone on this, but I feel like you absolutely, positively cannot serve a holiday meal without an abundance of rolls… or biscuits… or whatever your carb of choice happens to be. I need them slathered with butter and prefer them to be soft, yet sturdy enough to soak up pools of gravy and maybe a little stuffing or vegetable casserole, as well. Obviously, I take my holiday bread consumption very, very seriously. These honey muffins are the perfect hybrid of roll and muffin and thus, can be served in a number of different ways. They can be put out for a brunch spread or included next to the turkey, gravy and fixings as a replacement (or sidekick) for traditional rolls. They’re soft yet dense and slightly sweetened, which makes them perfect for copious amounts of butter. Or you could eat them for breakfast, too; they would be equally as great alongside some eggs and bacon or sausage.
    MORNING GLORY MUFFINS:
    However, making a batch of these muffins and then freezing them for easy, delicious breakfasts is a phenomenal decision. The flour mixture of these muffins is augmented with ground walnuts and ground toasted coconut, as well as cinnamon, which results in some mind-blowing flavor. In addition to that, the batter contains shredded carrots, grated apple, crushed pineapple, dried pineapple, and golden raisins. So basically, every imaginable fantastic add-in you could dream of is in these muffins. If you’ve ever wondered how morning glory muffins got their name, a little history lesson… they were developed by Chef Pam McKinstry for her restaurant, Morning Glory , on Nantucket Island. The recipe was first published in Gourmet magazine in 1981, and in 1991 it was chosen as one of the magazine’s 25 favorite recipes from the past 50 years.
    PUMPKIN AND CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS WITH PECAN STREUSEL:
    Few things go together as well as pumpkin and cream cheese. Sure there’s peanut butter and jelly, as well as peanut butter and chocolate, but warm and spicy pumpkin baked goods paired with sweet cream cheese is a match made in fall-baking heaven. Add to these muffins a pecan streusel topping and you will be hard pressed to find a better breakfast treat once the weather starts to cool down. These pumpkin-cream cheese muffins have become one of my very favorite fall breakfast items; they taste like part muffin, part cupcake, part coffee cake. These muffins use a neat little trick to make sure that there is a nice little pocket of cream cheese in the middle and that it doesn’t float or spread out inside the muffins. The cream cheese filling mixture is prepared, shaped into a log and frozen for a couple of hours. When you’re ready to make the muffins, you put a little bit of batter in the muffin cups, then cut the log into even pieces and add a piece of frozen cream cheese filling, then add the remainder of the batter to the muffin cups.
    TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS:
    I had a version of triple chocolate muffins on the site since 2010 and while they were okay, they sometimes turned out dry and the chocolate flavor was a little underwhelming, so I set out to create a new, improved version and HERE THEY ARE! If you love chocolate, you are going to go bananas over these muffins. They are loaded with chocolate flavor thanks to melted chocolate, cocoa powder, AND chocolate chips, and have a moist, dense texture. Mornings just got a whole lot better!
    HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS FROM SCRATCH?
    These muffins are incredibly easy to make, done in quick bread fashion as are most muffins. With just a bowl or two and a whisk, they come together quickly so you can eat them in no time!
    Here’s how we make them:
  6. Preheat oven and line a muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  7. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
  8. Melt the chocolate and butter together until smooth.
  9. Whisk the sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs into the melted chocolate mixture.
  10. Fold the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture.
  11. Add the chocolate chips and fold to combine. Be sure to mix gently to ensure the muffins are not dry and tough.
  12. Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
  13. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.

: