how to use apply pay? Whether you’re shopping online or in your favorite neighborhood store, you’re probably going to use a credit or debit card to make your purchase. If you’re someone who prefers to use a credit or debit card for purchases, Apple Pay may be the perfect solution. Apple Pay allows you to store your frequently used credit, debit, and rewards cards on your favorite Apple device.
If you’re new to Apple Pay or just have questions about the service, we have you covered. Here’s how to set up and use Apple Pay for purchases online and in-store.
Supported Apple Pay devicesApple Pay is supported on most devices — iphone models from the first generation iPhone SE (2016) to the current iPhone 11 are supported, and all Apple Watches support Apple Pay. All recent iPads, from the current generation down to the fifth-generation iPad, iPad Pro, [iPad Mini](https://howtodiscuss.com/t/make-a-phone-call/419) 3 and 4, and the iPad Air 2, all work with Apple Pay. As for Macs, if your computer is capable of running MacOS Sierra or later, you’re good to go.
Apple Pay is supported by hundreds of brands and websites, including 7-Eleven, GameStop, Etsy, Staples, and Fandango, with more being added all the time. You can find the current list of supported retailers, or visit our exhaustive list of companies that accept Apple Pay Many third-party apps also allow you to use Apple Pay. You can check out some of those apps [here]. Of course, if you buy apps or other digital items from Apple, you can always use Apple Pay to purchase music, movies, apps, books, and more.
How to add cards to iPhone and iPad
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. On your iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap the Plus sign and then Continue to start adding your credit or debit card to Apple Pay. Next, tap Add Credit or Debit Card .
- To add the card, position your card in the frame. The app automatically scans the front of your card to get your number and records it on the Card Details page. Tap Next .
- Use the scroll wheel to record your card’s expiration date and type in the security code.
- Tap Next .
- The Adding Card screen appears as Apple Pay communicates with your bank to verify your card. When it’s done you get a Terms and Conditions page where you have to agree.
- The Adding Card page and a Card Verification page appear in succession showing your email address and phone number.
- You have a choice of verifying your card by phone or completing verification later.
- You may be prompted to contact your bank to complete the verification process. One verification is complete, tap Next and you’re all set to use Apple Pay.
- A set of instructions appears explaining how to use Apple Pay with card readers. Tap Continue .
- You can continue to add your card to your Apple Watch by tapping Add Now . If you don’t want to add an Apple Watch, tap Done .
Verification may involve a short call to your bank and a conversation with a human, which will come up in the app. It took less than five minutes to place my debit card in Apple Pay and on my watch. A notice will appear on your watch once the verification is confirmed.
How to add cards to your Mac
To add a card to Apple Pay, you must use a Mac model with Touch ID. However, on Mac models without built-in Touch ID, you can still pay using Apple Pay by using a linked iPhone.
Here’s how to enable this feature for non-Touch ID Macs: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Allow Payments on Mac and toggle the control on.
How to add cards to your Mac with Touch ID
- Go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap Add Card .
- Follow the steps to add a new card. If you’re asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, enter its security code.
- Tap Next . Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they’ll ask for it. When you have the information, go back to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
- After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next . After that, you can start using Apple Pay.