How to use Apply Pay? Apple Pay is a “digital wallet” for Apple devices like the iPhone and Apple Watch. It’s a feature that lets you use your device to make purchases without taking out your wallet, purse, credit card, or cash.
There are a number of competing mobile payment systems — notably, Google Pay and Samsung Pay for Android devices — but Apple Pay has become very common, now accepted at most top US retailers and two out of three stores. You can even [use Apple Pay at select stations on the New York City subway .
If you plan to use Apple Pay with more than one device, such as your Apple Watch or iPad, you need to set it up separately on each one.
If you add multiple cards to your Apple Wallet, you can specify which one you want to use by default when making a purchase. And at any time, you can see a list of transactions you’ve made with any card in your Apple Pay wallet.
How to set up Apple Pay on an iPhone or iPad
1. Open your device’s “Settings” app and select the “Wallet & Apple Pay” menu.
2. Tap “Add Card.”
3. Tap “Continue” on the introduction page.
4. Select the type of payment card you’d like to add.
5. Add a credit card by holding the phone over the card, letting the iPhone automatically read the number off the front of the card.
6. Or enter your card information manually by tapping “Next” and “Back” to toggle between entering your name and card number or expiration date and security code.
7. You should see the Terms and Conditions page. Review the information and tap “Agree.”
8. Your iPhone will attempt to confirm the card with your card company and add it to the Wallet. For some cards, this happens automatically, though for other cards, you might need to enter a verification code or otherwise communicate with your card company.
9. When you finish this process, you should see the card appear in your Wallet. Repeat that process for any other credit cards that you want to add.
How to change the default credit card on Apple Pay
1. Start the Settings app and tap “Wallet & Apple Pay.”
2. Tap “Default Card” and choose the card you want to use.
How to make a payment with Apple Pay using your iPhone
1. When you’re ready to pay, activate Apple Pay. On an iPhone without a home button, you do this by quickly double-clicking the side button. The Wallet screen will appear and scan your Face ID.
On an iPhone with a home button, rest your finger on the home button until the Wallet screen appears.
2. Hold the iPhone directly over the point of sale terminal. You might need to look for the Apple Pay or wireless symbol so you know where to position the phone. If in doubt, you can ask the cashier where to position it.
3. If you want to use the default credit card, use Touch ID or Face ID to approve the transaction. If you want to switch to another card, tap the card you want to use before you approve the transaction.
How to check your Apple Pay transaction history
1. Open the Wallet app.
2. Tap on any card you want to inspect.
3. Select the “Transactions” button and you should see a list of all the transactions made with that card appear under it.
4. If you don’t see any transactions, the transaction history might be turned off. To turn it on from the Transactions tab, tap the “Show History” toggle so it’s green.