What is Mental health?
Mental health is a term used for emotional or psychological issues. It is related to how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. It is very important in our life. It matters in every sage of human life. Nowadays, mental health is betrayed by so many social and economical issues. Mental health is the cement building base of physical health, success of a person. It matters in any stage of life from childhood to adulthood, and from adulthood to old age.
Unfortunately, most people from our society do not value mental health. Mental illness can lead to even the death of a person. So many people are committing suicide due to depression and this is so sad for us that we really don’t care about the emotions, feelings of our loved ones.
Importance of mental health:
Our mind controls all our physical health, our educational behavior, emotions towards a relationship, behavior towards people around us. So it’s very necessary to maintain good mental health to achieve your success goals and live life in the best way with your loved ones.
What makes your mental health upset?
There are a lot of things that affect our mental health very badly.
• Financial pressure.
• Relationship breakups.
• Being Deceived by someone.
• Punished by anyone.
• Being abused by someone.
• Ignored by someone.
• Disrespected publically.
• Educational pressure
• Family issues
• Parental behavior
Living with people with zero incompatibility causes anger issues thus affecting mental health badly.
Parental behavior has proven to be the biggest cause of mental illness, sometimes parents don’t know what kind of problems their children are facing. Sometimes, parents are too careless. Sometimes, parents have not much knowledge about mental health. Or if they don’t let their children what they want also cause big mental issues.
There are also some other things that affect our mental health badly like body shaming, fat-shaming, racism, parental issues, and marital affairs.
How to maintain good mental health?
• Try to stay away from negative people. The company matters a lot. Live with positive people will don’t degrade your energy level. Remove the negativity from your mind from time to time.
Tour some new places.
• Go and visit new places after some time. Travel to other cities and visit new places to help your mind to stay healthy.
• Discovering places will make your observation, communication skills are strong. Also, it will increase your knowledge. And help you to get positive energy and stay active.
• However, if you don’t like visiting then you can do whatever your hobbies are.
Go to parties regularly.
• If you are feeling down, you should go to some party or family occasion or friends gathering. It will surely help you maintain your health. You should go to occasions and events after some time it will not let you sown.
• Stay focused on your goal. If you stay motivated, you will never be disappointed by people, not distracted, and will achieve your goal.
Have hobbies in your free time.
• It is the best thing to have good mental health, don’t give time to your mind for over-thinking.
• Overthinking is one of the biggest causes of mental illness. Keep yourself busy to stay away from negativity.
• Being a sober and serious person is good. But you should also have some time for fun. It is very important, it gives you energy. It removes negativity from your mind.
• Laughter boosts your energy level and helps you to enjoy life.
• Taking selfies is also a good thing to make you smile for some time. It realizes how beautiful life is.
• It gives you energy.
• According to psychology, a smile is the reason which keeps your energy level good, and a good mood.
Have romance in your life:
• Having romance in your life is also very necessary. It gives you good energy to live, to work, and to enjoy life.
• If you are not married, give some time to your loved ones, your family, friends.
• If you are married give time to your spouse and enjoy his/her company. It will make you stay healthy mentally.
• Food is the one thing that can change your mood to 180 degrees.
• Always try to have good food, if you like then eat with your family and friends. If you can, try hotels sometimes.
• Have a good sleep always. If you have healthy sleep, you will maintain your mental health. If you can’t have slept well, it will affect your mental health badly.
• Sleep is actually a break of mind, it is the time for our brain to stop thinking and rest for some time which is necessary.
• Doing exercise on daily basis help you to stay positive for the whole day.
• Playing sports and games makes you stay healthy physically and mentally. You feel good after playing some physical game.
• You can also play video games if you like.
• Also you can watch movies to give some break to your mind, if you watch a movie you forget you are tired or mentally upset. You just feel good. So it’s better to watch movies often.
Effects of bad mental health:
Unfortunately, mental illness is rising sharply today. Which is creating so many problems. For example, it is the biggest hurdle to success. It affects our children badly thus creating issues for them. An extreme level of mental illness is called DEPRESSION, which leads to drugs and to suicide sometimes.
A higher stage of stress or mental illness is depression. Depression is a disease, it can lead to some other disease which is very severe like schizophrenia.
Today, the sensitivity level of people is increasing. So try to use good words with them, behave nicely with everyone.
A piece of advice:
It’s my humble request to all of you to stay healthy physically also mentally. If you are healthy, then take care of the people around you. If you find someone depressed around you, then spent time with that person, listen to that person, try to solve his/her problem. If you can’t solve his problem then make him sure to realize the beauty of life and give him energy. If you can do nothing, then take him/her to a psychiatrist.
Behave well with others.
Stop bullying others
Don’t insult someone.
Stay connected to them to know all their problems
Mental illness is a big issue today. It is due to many reasons which may be emotional stress or inherited problems. But, it is creating so many problems for us which can be considered.
Live and let’s live. Stop bullying others and appreciate others to enjoy life.