How to Manage iCloud Storage

The first 5GB of iCloud storage on your iPhone are free, but if you use iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive, that 5GB can fill up pretty quickly. Follow these steps to see which data occupy your storage and how to increase your space, if need be.

1. Open the Settings app, tap iCloud, and then tap Storage toward the top of the screen.The Storage screen opens and you see the Total Storage you have (5GB if you haven’t purchased additional storage) and the Available Storage.

2. Tap Manage Storage.The Manage Storage screen opens, which shows you what is stored on iCloud. You see four sections that indicate how your storage is occupied: Photos, Backups, Documents and Data, and Mail.

1. Tap iCloud Photo Library.
    You see how many photos and videos occupy the storage, but you have to go to the Photos app to delete any of the images to free up space.
    If you wish to stop using iCloud Photo Library, tap Disable and Delete, which disables iCloud Photo Library on all your devices. Your photos and videos remain for 30 days, during which time you should download your photos and videos to your iPhone or another device.

2. Tap Back or swipe right to return to the Manage Storage screen.

3. Tap iPhone in the Backups section.
    The Info screen opens. The date and size of the last backup appear at the top. Scroll down and tap Show All Apps to see the apps for which iCloud backs up data — not the apps themselves, only the data.
    By default, backup is on for all apps. To shrink the size of your backup file, you can turn one or more off by tapping the switch next to it. You see how much storage the app data occupies under the name of the app.
    If, at some time in the future, you want to delete your backup, scroll to the bottom of this screen and tap Delete Backup, which both deletes your iCloud backup and turns it off.

1. Tap Back or swipe right to return to the Manage Storage screen.

2. Scroll down and tap Show All in the Documents & Data section.The list shows all the types and size of files that are stored on iCloud Drive. Tap an app to see the list of files stored from that app.To delete files, tap the Edit button in the upper-right corner. Tap the Delete button (the red and white minus sign) to the left of the document, and then tap the Delete button that appears to the right. You’re asked to confirm the action as it deletes the file both from iCloud Drive and from your iPhone. Tap Delete All at the bottom to take that action.

3. Tap Back or swipe right to return to the Manage Storage screen, and again to the Storage screen.

4. (Optional) If you see you’re running low on available storage, you can purchase additional iCloud storage.iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library give you 5GB total storage for mail, contacts, calendars, documents, photos, and backup. Media purchased from iTunes doesn’t count toward that limit. If you use Photo Stream but not iCloud Photo Library, the images in Photo Stream don’t count toward the 5GB.Do the following to buy more storage:

1. Tap Buy More Storage.The Upgrade iCloud Storage screen opens. You see your current plan and upgrade options; downgrade options are available if you have a purchased plan.
    2. Tap the plan you want to purchase, and then tap the Buy button.
    3. Enter the password for your Apple ID, if requested, and then enter your payment information.
    4. Tap Done.

Your credit card is charged for the amount indicated immediately and on an annual basis until you downgrade.If you purchase more storage and then find you don’t need it, you can downgrade at any time so your credit card will be charged less or not at all when the renewal date arrives. Do the following:

1. Tap Downgrade Options.You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
  2. Tap the storage plan you want when your current plan expires.
  3. Tap Done.You can also purchase iCloud storage through the System Preferences application on your Mac (tap iCloud) or from the iCloud pane of the Control Panel in Windows.

The alternative to buying more storage is deleting documents and files as explained in Step 7 previously. However, if the documents you delete are only stored in iCloud, you lose them completely. Open and save the documents on your computer, upload (using the Share Sheet) them to another remote storage server, or email them to yourself before deleting them from iCloud if you want to keep a copy.

How do you clean out iCloud storage? The easiest way to clear your iCloud email storage is to simply delete the junk email. On iOS, tap your email app and choose your iCloud account. Just swipe left on an email and tap Trash to delete it. Apple also recommends that you delete the contents of your Junk and Trash folder from time to time.

How do you manage your iCloud?

Assuming you're using the latest versions of iOS, you can manage your iCloud by first tapping the Settings icon on your device. Then click on your name and go to iCloud. Here you have the option "Manage Storage". Choose what you want and don't want in your iCloud.

How do I access my iCloud storage?

Slide the iCloud Drive switch to the on (right) position. This allows applications to access and store data on your iCloud drive. Any app in iCloud Drive can access your storage space if the button next to it is in the on position. (Vegetable).

How to manage and maximize your iclould storage?

1) Launch the Settings app from your device's springboard. 2) When the app opens, tap your name at the top to access your account settings. 3) You can briefly view your saved data on the current screen. 4) In the next screen, click "Manage Storage" and you will get information about the data you have saved in iCloud storage.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-clear-icloud-storage/119854

How do you reduce storage in iCloud?

To reduce the amount of iCloud storage some apps use, tap it in the settings or go to the app and view and delete data. To delete the data stored in iCloud Drive from any device, just go to the iCloud Drive app. Browse your folders and delete anything you don't need.

How do I remove my iCloud storage plan?

If you want to cancel your iCloud storage plan on your Windows PC, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1 .Open iCloud for Windows > Storage > Change Storage Plan.
Step 2. Select the Downgrade option and enter your Apple ID password.
Step 3. To cancel, touch Manage > Free > Done.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How much iCloud storage is needed to backup?

Depending on how much data you need to back up, iCloud backups can take up a few gigabytes of disk space. An iCloud backup is a cloud backup of your iPhone or iPad.

How do I reduce my cloud storage?

One of the easiest ways to free up iCloud space is to delete and delete old backups. This immediately and often frees up space on the order of gigabytes, not megabytes. Just go to the Settings app on your iDevice, just like you would on an iPad. Select iCloud and then click Storage.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-delete-icloud-storage/122735

:brown_circle: How do you clean out icloud storage when you get an alert

Of course, one way to get rid of iCloud storage warnings is to buy more storage. You can add additional storage to your iCloud account for as little as $1 per month. For more information on how to upgrade your iCloud storage, see his article How to buy additional iCloud storage for your iPhone and what you'll need to pay for each plan.

Is there a way to free up iCloud storage?

To free up iCloud storage, the easiest way is to clear iCloud storage, delete the backups in iCloud, and prevent everything from being done automatically in iCloud. Follow the steps below to manage iCloud backup settings. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap your Apple ID at the top.

:brown_circle: How can I clear up my iCloud backup?

Open your old device's backup and select the apps you don't want to back up. Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage. Tap the name of an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch associated with your account. Tap Delete Backup > Deactivate and Delete.

How do you delete files from iCloud Drive?

Choose Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage > iCloud Drive. You will see all the files stored in iCloud Drive. Swipe left and tap the trash can icon to delete the file. To optimize your iCloud storage, you can manage your documents, movies, and other data locally by transferring these files between your PC and iPhone using CopyTrans Filey.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/cancel-icloud-storage/127334

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I get more space on iCloud?

On your iPhone, tap Settings. Scroll down and tap iCloud. In iCloud Settings, tap Storage & Backup. Here you can see the total storage space and available storage space of your iPhone. Click Change billing plan to purchase additional storage.

What is iCloud and how does it help me?

iCloud is Apple's web service that allows users to sync all kinds of data (music, contacts, calendar events, etc.) across their compatible devices using a centralized iCloud account as a content distribution channel.. iCloud is the name of a set of applications and services, not a single function.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How can I access iCloud?

Access iCloud Drive from a web browser. You can access all your iCloud files directly from the web from any device, even from your PC. Access via your web browser. Enter the email address and password associated with your Apple ID. Click or tap the arrow next to the password.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I restore my iCloud backup?

Turn on your new iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions. On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup. Sign in with your Apple ID and select the backup file you want to restore.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/clear-icloud-storage/132411

How do you manage your icloud account

Here's how to manage your Apple ID account in Settings on iPhone. Open the Settings app. At the top, you'll see your profile picture and your Apple ID name. Touch this block. Here's an overview of your Apple ID account, including access to Apple credentials such as name, phone numbers, email, password and security, and checkout.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I Delete my iCloud account permanently?

Step 1 .Go to your device settings, scroll down, find iCloud and tap on it.
Step 2 .Click iCloud to open it.
Step 3. Scroll down until you find Delete Account and click on it.
Step 4. Click Delete again to confirm the deletion of your iCloud account.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I log in my iCloud?

Here's how to sign in to iCloud from your iPhone or iPad. Go to Settings > and click on your name at the top of the Settings page. > click iCloud to see all iCloud settings and manage storage.

Why do I need iCloud account?

An iCloud account is great for storing backups of your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, and it's also useful for freeing up most of that precious internal space on your device.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/iphone-storage-full-other/110544

How to access my icloud storage on my laptop

There are several ways to access your iCloud backup. Authorization is perhaps the most common method. Log in to the website on your computer with your Apple ID username and password. All types of backup files are listed on the site. You can click on some data to open it.

Where is iCloud on computer?

By default, your iCloud Drive folder is located in your root folder. For example in C:/Users/Richard/iCloud Drive, just like on my PC. Navigate to the folder location in your browser. Locate the iCloud Drive folder and right click on it.

How do I view iCloud files on my PC?

First, open Safari or any other web browser on your PC or smartphone. Then open and enter your username and password to login. Now you can see all files in iCloud, and if you want to view files in iCloud, click iCloud Drive and you will see the above-mentioned file types.

How do you access Apple iCloud?

How to Access iCloud on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Web. iPhone and iPad. Open Settings and tap your name. Select iCloud. You will now see all the apps and data that can be synced and used with iCloud.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-much-is-icloud-storage/122190

How do i access my icloud storage from my iphone

You can access your files through the iCloud Drive app on your iPhone or iPad. To show or hide the iCloud Drive app on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings, tap iCloud, then tap iCloud Drive. Now press the ON or OFF button next to the announcement on the home screen. iCloud keeps your deleted files for up to 30 days.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Should I buy iCloud storage?

iCloud storage is useful when you have multiple Apple products that need backup and sync. You should buy it first if you have no other option to backup your files or if you don't have iTunes. Second, it helps to sync photos to iCloud and free up storage space.

:brown_circle: How to manage iCloud storage for your iPhone?

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
  • If you're using iOS or later, go to Settings > > iCloud.
  • If you are using iOS or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
  • On your Mac, go to  > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Manage.
  • Open iCloud for Windows on your computer.

Can you buy more space on iCloud?

How to buy additional iCloud storage. To buy additional iCloud storage, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Buy More Space. In the next screen, select a rate plan and click on the "Buy" link in the top right corner of the screen. If prompted, sign in to your iCloud account and complete the purchase.

How to Manage iCloud Storage

:brown_circle: How do i access my icloud storage online

Legal way to recover Apple ID First open your browser. Now click on Forgot your Apple ID or password? On the next page, enter your Apple ID, which is your iCloud email address, and click Next. Now select the correct authentication method and click Next. Then let Apple verify your account using the authentication method you chose.

How do you get free space on iCloud?

Free up iCloud space: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and select your iOS device. In the backup options, uncheck the unwanted backup options to reduce the size of the iCloud backup. Once you have enough iCloud storage, you can start uploading photos to iCloud.

How do I download from iCloud to my PC?

Download photos from iCloud using your PC On your PC, go to the Apple iCloud download page for Windows and click the Download button. When the installation begins, accept the license agreement and click Install. After installing iCloud for Windows, click Finish and restart your computer.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Which is the best way to manage iCloud storage?

Part 1. Manage iCloud Storage to Delete Files or Free Up Space. Part 2. Using iOS Data Backup & Restore to Backup iCloud Files. Part 3. Video Tutorial: Manage iCloud Storage. Part 4. Conclusion. Part 1. Manage iCloud Storage to Delete Files or Free Up Space.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-cancel-icloud-storage/129559

:brown_circle: How can I reduce the size of my iCloud backup?

Many iOS apps are automatically copied to iCloud after installation. You can reduce the size of your iCloud backup and free up iCloud space by turning off backups for apps you don't use or by deleting old iCloud backups. Go to Settings > > iCloud. Click Manage Storage > Backups. Tap the name of the device you are using.

Is there a limit to how much storage I can use on iCloud?

Apple offers a free iCloud storage limit of 5 GB, and users can increase that limit with a monthly payment. However, if you don't want to pay, there are ways to free up more iCloud space. When users back up their device to iCloud, all important information is saved automatically.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I get more storage for my iCloud Photos?

Get started with iCloud Photo Library: Find and tap Settings > > iCloud > Photos. If you're using iOS or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos. Activate iCloud Photo Library. Select "Optimize iPhone Storage" to free up space on your device.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to manage icloud storage space

To manage iCloud storage, do the following: 1. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. 2. Select iCloud in the left column. 3. Click Storage & Backup at the bottom of the right column. 4. In the "Storage" section, you will find the total storage space and the currently available storage space.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-manage-storage-on-mac/131969

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to make room in iCloud storage?

• Go to Settings > > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
  • Click on "Buy additional space" or "Change rate plan".
  • Choose a subscription.
  • Click Buy and follow the on-screen instructions.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I manage iCloud?

Manage iCloud in your browser (Android too) To manage iCloud in your browser, go to where to sign in to your account. When you sign in to your iCloud account, press the iCloud Drive button and you can view, download and delete your backed up photos and see all the files that you have manually saved to your iCloud Drive.

How do I see what's in my iCloud storage?

To see how much you have now, open the Settings app, select iCloud and search for Storage to see how much space you have left in your iCloud account. You can also see available iCloud storage by going to General > iCloud Storage & Usage.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to manage and maximize your icloud storage size

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. Click on "Buy additional space" or "Change rate plan". Choose a subscription. Click Buy and follow the on-screen instructions.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/free-up-space/129259

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How much can they store in iCloud?

1) Go to Settings. 2) Click on General. 3) Click Storage.

:brown_circle: How to calculate how much iCloud storage?

Check iCloud storage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: If you're using iOS or later, go to Settings > > iCloud. If you are using iOS or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage. On your Mac, go to  > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Manage. Open iCloud for Windows on your computer.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to manage and maximize your icloud storage cost

Go to Settings to manage storage on iCloud-connected devices or for individual apps. Scroll down and tap iCloud, or tap your name and then iCloud. Touch Storage. Finally, click on "Manage Storage".

:brown_circle: How much does it cost to get more storage on iCloud?

Log in to a supported browser and click Account Settings. You can always buy more space or reduce your storage space. Subscriptions start at 50 GB for $ (USD) per month. If you opt for the data plan of 200 GB or 2 TB, you will share your storage space with your family. Learn more about plans and pricing in your region.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/iphone-storage-other-category/114037

How to reduce the size of my iCloud Photo Library?

Reduce the size of your photo library. 1 Go to Settings > , then tap iCloud. 2 Touch "Manage Storage". 3 Touch Backups. 4 Tap the name of the device you are using and view the photos.

How to manage and maximize your icloud storage capacity

If you're using iOS, go to Settings > > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > This device. To reduce the backup size of your photos, save your photos and videos to your computer and then manually backup your iOS device.

:brown_circle: How much storage do you get when you set up iCloud?

When you set up iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of storage. You can use this space for your iCloud backups to keep your photos and videos stored in iCloud Photos and your documents up to date in iCloud Drive.

How to save more space on iCloud Photos?

1 Find and tap Settings > > iCloud > Photos. 2 Turn on iCloud Photos. 3 Select "Optimize iPhone Storage" to save space on your device.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-free-up-space-on-ipad/129378

:brown_circle: How to manage icloud storage photos

1. On your Mac or PC, go to and sign in to your iCloud account. 2. When you are signed in to iCloud, click the Photos icon. 3. Then click "Recently Deleted Album" in the side menu and select the photos you want to recover. 4. After selecting the photos, click "Recover" (see image above).

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I set up photos on iCloud?

To set up iCloud Photo Library on Mac: Launch Photos on Mac Select the "Photos" menu at the top left corner of the screen. Go to Settings. Click the iCloud tab. Take a look at iCloud Photo Library. This will download all the images you have stored in the Photos app on iCloud.

How to store photos only in iCloud Photo?

Touch Settings > > iCloud > Photos. If you're using iOS or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos. Activate iCloud Photo Library. Select "Optimize iPhone Storage" to free up space on your device.

How many backups can I have in iCloud?

Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network. Go to Settings > and tap iCloud. Click on iCloud Backup. Tap Back up now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process is complete.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/clear-other-storage-on-iphone/118278

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I access my iCloud Photos from my computer?

To view iCloud Photos on your computer, go to Windows Explorer and then to iCloud Photos in Favorites. Or click the Computer section and then click the iCloud Photos folder. Open the iCloud Photos folder. When you open the iCloud Photos folder, you will see the My Photos folders in Series and Shared Album.

How does iCloud work with photos?

iCloud Photo Library is an iCloud-based service that automatically stores all your photos and videos in iCloud. It also lets you access and download all your photos and videos from any iOS device or iCloud Drive on the web, and those photos and videos appear in their native size and resolution.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I remove photos from

Delete photos from Touch the Photos icon. Optional: filter the content. Choose everything. Selected images are highlighted in blue. Click the trash can icon. After selecting the desired content, click on the shopping cart button in the top right corner.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I manage iCloud data?

In iCloud Settings, tap Storage & Backup to view and manage files and other data stored in your account. The list shows the storage space used by each of your devices and you can manage the data on your current device.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-get-pictures-from-icloud/130628

How to manage iphone storage

By managing the storage on your iPhone, you free up space for your use. Go to your iPhone settings. Then click on the General tab. Now click on the "Storage and iCloud Usage" option. Then click on "Manage Storage".

:brown_circle: How can I access my iPhone internal storage?

• Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
  • At the top, you'll see a color-coded bar that tells you how much space you have left, how much space is in use, and what is being taken up.
  • Below is a list of your apps, arranged by their required free space.

How to regain storage space on iPhone?

7 Tips to Delete Junk Files and Recover iPhone Disk Space Method n. #2: Clear caches from settings. Some applications instruct you to clear caches through settings. Method 3: Clear the application cache. Method 4: Reinstall the space applications. Method #5: Start over. Method #6: Use apps to clear up space. Method No. 7: Be careful with iOS features. iOS and smarter storage management.

How do you clear iPhone storage?

To clear iPhone storage, you'd better clear it by following a few steps: Go to Settings > Profile Picture > iCloud > Manage Storage, select the app you want to remove and click Clear.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/icloud-subscription/129720

What is iCloud storage, what is it used for,?

iCloud is an online storage that acts as a digital vault where Apple users can store or back up all or part of their data on their devices on a secure server. Depending on the type of information, it is stored on Apple or third party servers.

:brown_circle: How much iCloud storage do I Need?

To store your current iCloud content and your photo library, you need an iCloud storage plan with enough space for both. When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage. By using all your iCloud storage, you can buy more, starting at 50 GB for $ a month.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do you delete app from iCloud?

How to delete apps from iCloud. You can free up space on your Apple iCloud account by clearing the app data by following these steps. Open Settings from the home screen. Select "Storage". Select your device type. Scroll down and select Show all apps. Enable or disable the application as desired. When prompted, click Disable and Uninstall and you're done.

What are the problems with iCloud?

One of the many problems that iCloud users face on their iOS devices is that they cannot connect to the server. When they do something that requires signing in to iCloud, the device displays an error that the authentication failed. There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server.

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-log-into-icloud/112027

How do I log in iCloud?

Sign in to iCloud Visit Enter your Apple ID in the Apple ID field in the center of the page. Now enter your password in the Password text box. Then click on the arrow pointing to the right. (See image below).

Why should I use iCloud?

One of the most common reasons to use iCloud is to back up your iPhone or iPad to iCloud. If you do, you can restore an iCloud backup, which will restore your apps, data, and other information to your iPhone without using a computer.