Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name

Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name. No it is illegal. It is legal to have a utility bill only when someone must be an adult who lives in the apartment as you or some how he/she connected with the home rental or ownership or your spouse.

Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name

Can Some Put My Name On a Utility Bill

It depends if you gave someone your permission to use your name to get the service. Then the bill is yours and you will have to make a way to catch up. If they used all your information with out your consent or knowledge then it is called identity theft.

The main question is whether you are willing to report it or not. If you are not reporting then the utility or collection agency will continue to try to collect from you. Below you can see all the complete information on what to do when You experienced any kind of Identity Fraud.

How to Change Name On Electric Bill

• You can generally change the billing name with your phone or the Internet. Check with your regional electricity company to see how many options are available for the customer. It is still much better to visit the authorities to know the exact requirements before you begin.

• If your flat mates or you decides to move out then the utilities will need to be changed obviously. To the name of the person who is staying in the property and many other things. No change or continuity in service is required just for a change of the name on the bill. Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name. No it is illegal. It is legal to have a utility bill only when someone must be an adult who lives in the apartment as you or some how he/she connected with the home rental or ownership or your spouse

• Contact the electricity company as soon as possible. Inform the customer service agent to change the name on the electricity bill of your request. If services are currently active this can be done without any discontinuity.

• The person whose name is currently on the bill can request a change over date what ever he/she wants. You have to request for the services to be placed in your name on that date. The electricity company will ask for all the details of the current account and an up to date reading. You will be allotted to a new account number with the activation of new service.

Documents Required to Change the Name in Electricity Bill.

Here is a complete list of all the documents you need to provide a long with the application form to change your name in the utility bill which is need to be submitted to the concerned authorities.

1. Customer Identification Number also Consumer Number/CA Account/Number Number etc. Which should be mentioned on any of your old electricity bills.

2. Original and the copy of the last electricity bill is needed.

3. Attested a copy of the sale rent/deed agreement of the property to prove the ownership.

4. A copy of house tax receipt of the property.

5. An indemnity bond on stamp paper so that you can source it from any notary office.

6. NOC must be provided by the previous owner.

7. Attested copies of ID proof and address.

8. Individual identification Number.

9. Any other documents specifically requested by the concerned authorities will be needed.

What to Do When You Experience Identity Fraud?

Identity robbers and fraudsters may select victims who have strong credit records to obtain cable water, television ,trash pick up, gas, electricity or telephone service. Since these services are allowed to keep their bills which is open for several months past the due date. The fraudster can get free services for a substantial amount of time but before being reported to the credit bureaus.

Utility identity theft has minimize in amount to other forms of identity theft reported to the FTC also known as Federal Trade Commission over the past three years. In 2010 it is made up to 15%, in 2011 it made up to 13% and in 2012 electricity identity theft accounted for 9 percent of all forms of reported to identity theft.

Contact the speak and utility to the fraud department. Close all the account which the thief opened. If you need any additional help or the landline, natural gas or electric utility which is is not helpful. Do contact Georgia Public Utility Commission at (800) 282-5813.

Contact the Federal Communications Commission for the help with cell phone or telephone services. Then submit your complaint through online complaint form which is available at any time. Contact the company and hired to collect the debt. Then contact all the three credit reporting agencies to report the fraud.

Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name. No it is illegal. It is legal to have a utility bill only when someone must be an adult who lives in the apartment as you or some how he/she connected with the home rental or ownership or your spouse

Is It Illegal to Pay Someone Else’s Bill

No it is not illegal to pay someone else bills at any cost. Therefore if you are logging in to their bank to pay their bills so I strongly recommend you to get written permission to do so. Get a Power of ab advocate to act on their behalf. When ever paying for someone else bill try to sign your name when you pay for it is important to avoid from any other major problems.

RELATED ARTICLE

1. When Was Electricity Invented?
  2. Electrical and Electronics Engineering

You can put your electric bill in someone else’s name. Only if the other party consents to it. It is only be possible if you contact your electric company and provide them complete information with your account information. Some of the electric companies only let you change the bill over if you are right at the beginning of at the end of the billing period.

Utilities are Usually your Responsibility So put Them in your name

Until or unless your lease will says the utilities are included in your rent then you must put them in your name. If you leave the bill in the land lords name then you are breaking your contract. If you leave it in the old resident name then you are stealing from the old resident.

When you are completely ready to move out then you must make an arrangements to get the utility company to read the meter and shut off their service like cable, gas or electric. Don not ever expect the landlord to do it.

If you move out with out getting all the utilities shut off the landlord or a new resident might not let the utility company in to check if the meter is used or not and will shut off the power. Then you will be stuck by paying for somebody elses bills even though you do not live there any more.

When Should I Switch Utilities

Switch your utility bill to someone elses name before the next billing reading period begins. It is referred to your utility agreement and see when one billing period ends and when the next starts. You will need to either mail in payments with a check or link a new credit or debit card to the account or mail in payments with a check.

How ever you need to switch your utilities for over 2 to 3 weeks before you move out. If you are changing your residences. This will prevent you from paying all the utility bills for a home that you do not live at anymore. Of course you can only do this if you have already purchased a home and made a down payment or if you signed a contract.

Can you Have Two Utility Bills On Your Name

Yes you can have two or more two residential electric bills in your name. But each of the bill will be connected to a separate address and also utilize charges will generally be mailed to the address on the account. In order to pay multiple electric bills at once you have to be able to set up an online account link all the accounts in your name to the same username and make a payment or payments. People contacted several major electric companies across the U.S. to gather the complete information.

Can I Put Two Names on My Utility Bill?

People put two or more names on a utility bill when both parties such as business partners or room mates shares all the responsibility for the bill or when a legal representative such as a caregiver or lawyer takes over the responsibility.

In addition to that paying the bill the second person also becomes the contact for emergencies and can make some changes to the account which includes canceling. Once both of the parties agree to share their responsibility then putting two names on a utility bill is not difficult usually it only requires that both parties inform the utility company in person or over the phone.

1. Inform Your Service Provider

Call the electricity company together and choose the speak with a customer service representative for a clearer picture there are options or a similar option such as billing or account management representative. If opening a new account then choose the set up an account for the option or similar option. Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name. No it is illegal. It is legal to have a utility bill only when someone must be an adult who lives in the apartment as you or some how he/she connected with the home rental or ownership or your spouse

2. Provide All Necessary Information

Answer the customer service representative regard account questions. If dealing with an existing account then put the account holder on the line if you are not using conference or three way calling. Provide the representative with the address , name on the account and the account number or password or both. If setting up a new account then the person can provide the address.

3. Meet Them Personally At their Office

Bring all the necessary documents to prove both of your identities. If you are doing transactions online then it is important that you should use a password that only you and the other person know.

If any of you makes changes then ensure that you inform the other person about it to avoid misunderstandings. Note that you both are responsible for your utility bill.

You should be ready to explain why you want to change the bills name or why you need to make a new account with two account holders make it clear.

Are there Other Utility related scams that people should know about

One of the common scam uses spoofing or take off software to manipulate the information that appears in Caller ID to make it look like the call is naturally coming from a utility company. When you answer the call the caller tells you that your account is past due this and this and then offers to have you take care of it right then and there. It is them all you have to do is to give them your credit or debit card information. Needless to say but if your bill really was unpaid it will stay that way.

RELATED ARTICLES

1. Electronic Bill Payment And Presentment (EBPP)

2. Electronic bill payment & presentment (EBPP)

Summary Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name. No it is illegal. It is legal to have a utility bill only when someone must be an adult who lives in the apartment as you or some how he/she connected with the home rental or ownership or your spouse. It depends if you gave someone your permission to use your name to get the service. Then the bill is yours and you will have to make a way to catch up. If they used all your information with out your consent or knowledge then it is called identity theft. The main question is whether you are willing to report it or not. If you are not reporting then the utility or collection agency will continue to try to collect from you.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) :memo:

There are some questions which are related to Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name are as follows:

1. How do I transfer utilities to someone else’s name?

You can now put your electric bill in someone else’s name. Only if the other party consents to it. It is only be possible if you contact your electric company and provide them complete information with your account information. Some of the electric companies only let you change the bill over if you are right at the beginning of at the end of the billing period.

2. How do I change the name on my utility bills?

You can generally change the billing name with your phone or the Internet. Contact the electricity company as soon as possible. Inform the customer service agent to change the name on the electricity bill of your request. If services are currently active this can be done without any discontinuity. The person whose name is currently on the bill can request a change over date what ever he/she wants.

3. Can I pay someone else electric bill?

No it is not illegal at all to pay someone else bills at any cost. Therefore if you are logging in to their bank to pay their bills so I strongly recommend you to get written permission to do so. Get a Power of ab advocate to act on their behalf. When ever paying for someone else bill try to sign your name when you pay for it is important to avoid from any other major problems.

4. Can you put a bill in your child name?

Until your child is 18 you cannot put your child’s name on the bill. It is over the age of 18 is a minor and cannot legally enter into a contract.

5. When should I switch utilities?

Switch your utility bill to someone else name before the next billing reading period begins. It is referred to your utility agreement and see when one billing period ends and when the next starts. You will need to either mail in payments with a check or link a new credit or debit card to the account or mail in payments with a check. How ever you need to switch your utilities for over 2 to 3 weeks before you move out.

6. When someone dies what happens to their bills?

The person debts do not go away anywhere when they die. The debts are owed by and paid from the person who dies estate. By law the family members do not usually have to pay the debts of a person who dies but relative from their own money. If there is not enough money in the estate to cover then the debt it usually goes unpaid.

7.What debts are forgiven when you die?

Debts are typically become the responsibility of your estate after you die . Your estate is everything you own at the time of your not alive. The process of paying your bills and distributing what’s left is called probate. If there is not enough money in the estate to cover then the debt it usually goes unpaid.

8. How do I get my lights turned on in my name?

it turned into under your name that may take only a phone call to the utility company. And if you were paying for electricity in your old place.

Conclusion

Can I put My Electric bill in someone else Name. No it is illegal. It is legal to have a utility bill only when someone must be an adult who lives in the apartment as you or some how he/she connected with the home rental or ownership or your spouse. It depends if you gave someone your permission to use your name to get the service.

You can put your electric bill in someone else’s name. Only if the other party consents to it. It is only be possible if you contact your electric company and provide them complete information with your account information. Some of the electric companies only let you change the bill over if you are right at the beginning of at the end of the billing period.

Then the bill is yours and you will have to make a way to catch up. If they used all your information with out your consent or knowledge then it is called identity theft. The main question is whether you are willing to report it or not. If you are not reporting then the utility or collection agency will continue to try to collect from you.

Can I Put My Electric Bill In Someone Else Name

Did anyone turn on the power for someone else to turn it on again? 3

I cut off the electricity because I couldn't pay. A friend of mine made fake electricity so we could get electricity. Unfortunately, I am used to having electricity and do not pay for it. It took 3 months. I suppose the utility found it, turned it off, and took the meter with it. My illness is so severe that I can't afford it. Do you think they will take someone else's name?

I didn't, but my friend told my daughter to do it. He had no problem with anyone manipulating energy, but he allowed them to be named after his daughter, until he was paid, he didn't care.

You can, but that does not mean that you are not responsible for the initial ll, your usage during the 3 months of service, and the metering and handling fees they will charge you. I work in the call center of a power company based in Texas, and at least there. Anyone can open an account if they pay a deposit, but if you don't, your friends will receive your account as well.

The function company must be notified to import, as long as you have the status number and / or social security number to verify the name of the person responsible. They often review old debts that need to be repaid during the new ministry.

Very impossible I know someone who tried. The dealership requires that we have a legal mailing address there.

Many states offer proxy services. You can also try setting up a payment plan. Although they may not be ready to work with you right now, managing your device and stealing electricity is a problem.

And why would other people agree to include your name in their work? Did you know that you will pay for it?

In some cases, they must retain power legally. This includes when a very sick person lives in the ego or when a suitable child lives in the ego.

I'm going through it now. I used it when I got married and had to shut it down. I have moved the benefits to my new home. The utility sends me $ 1,000 each and says I never locked it in my old place when I found out I had it. Even paying with a salary plan is too much for the small amount of money I earn from my job. Then. I got a call from a friend. Via doesn't call without proving it's my contract. Soooo .. I called my landlord, rented it out and solved the problem. No, my electricity works on your behalf and I only have to pay $ 30.

I doubt it. This is still your address and they know that you owe them money. You do, but take responsibility and pay. They may have to repay your loan or set up a repayment plan with them because you can reactivate them.

Well, if I were the other person you're referring to, I wouldn't suggest calling him on my behalf. How do you know if you paid everything and paid on time? It's not like you have the best story ...

I don't know, but you should try to be a responsible person and pay your bills on time.

You really broke the law by breaking the meter.

Where can I personally pay for my AEP II?

I do not think so. You can see the same address and find that you still owe money. I'm not sure I'm tough.

And does it have to do with newborns and children?