Definition of Customer service:
All interaction between the consumer and the product supplier during and after the sale. Customer service enhances product value and builds lasting relationships.
Customer service is a one-to-one conversation between the customer making the purchase and the representative of the company selling it. Most retailers see this individual interaction as a key factor in keeping customers happy and encouraging business again.
Help and advice the company offers to people who buy or use its products or services.
Although most customer service is done through automated self-service systems, the ability to talk to people is considered essential for most companies. This servant is a key aspect of leadership.
How to use Customer service in a sentence?
- Customer service is the interaction between the buyer of a product and the company that sells it.
- A recent customer service survey found that nine out of ten said the company's treatment was a key factor in deciding where to buy.
- Correcting errors in customers' online statements, customer service representatives regularly call the caller and have a pleasant conversation with him.
- Recent innovations have focused on automating the customer service system, but in some cases the human factor is essential.
- Good customer service is essential for business success and guarantees brand loyalty from one customer to another.
- When Mr. Adams started a new group of employees, he stressed that customer service is the most important product because all employees should realize that they want to treat all customers with courtesy and respect.
- One of the main complaints for modern customers in the modern world is not receiving satisfactory customer service.
Meaning of Customer service & Customer service Definition