Please Bear with Me

Please Bear with Me means that people sometimes need to be patient with us. So, we say, “Please be patient.” Or we might say, “Please be patient with me.” Bear or bare? Which one is right? Bear and raw are homophones, which means they sound the same but are spelled and mean different things.

Please Bear With Me

Homophones

Most of the time, a grammar mistake is caused by words that sound alike. Two words that sound the same but mean very different things are called homophones. But they mean other items and can be used as very different parts of speech.

Correct

The person speaking asked the crowd to be patient while she looked for the right graph.

Incorrect

Sorry, I can’t find the graph yet, so you’ll have to wait.

How Do I Remember How to Spell Bear With Me?

Still not getting it? Here’s a simple way to tell a bear from another bear. You learned that “to endure” is what “to bear” means as a verb. When a bear is used as a noun, it means a big, furry animal.

Putting these two meanings together in a silly sentence will help you remember that the correct phrase is “bear with me” and not “bare with me.” A patient bear will always be patient with you, but a bear who isn’t patient might eat you.

Examples

Here are some online examples of the correct way to use the phrase.

List Examples
1 If you’ll bear with me, a protest means more than just being against something. It means accusing and rejecting.
2 Please bear with me a few times because you’re about to read the most self-centered column I’ve ever written.
3 I have ever written, which is saying something since I’ve been writing these weekly Wednesday messages for the past 30 years.
4 "I appreciate your tolerance of me over the years.
5 “Especially my hilarious comedy,” he wrote next to a picture of the two brothers with a bear.
6 A black-and-white video on his account says, “I’ve been learning how to play the piano for two and a half weeks.” “Be patient. It’s going to be rough.”

People often mix the words bare and bear because they sound the same. Do you have a clear picture of them? A verb that means “take off” is “bare.” But “bear with me” makes sense if you remember that the verb “bear” means “to endure” or “to be patient.” What other words that sound the same do you want to learn today? How about discreet and discreet to start?

Summary

How do you spell “bear with me”? The correct phrase is “bear with me,” which means “please be patient or tolerant.” Bear with me is not related to the term “bare.”

A Exposed Admittance?

The words “bare” and “bear” sound the same and easily mix up. To “bear” anything is to “display or reveal” it. As an adjective, it doesn’t mean “unclothed, open, or exposed.”

That means that “bare with me” as a verb means “uncover or reveal with me,” while “bare with me” as an adjective means “exposed with me.” These are pretty direct suggestions that may not be right. Let’s say. Don’t ever say, “bear with me.” It doesn’t mean “wait a minute” in the suggested way.

How to Correctly Use Bear With Me?

One thing is to know the right way to spell the phrase “bear with me.” Using the words correctly is something else. “To bear” means to put up with, accept, or suffer. When you say “bear with me,” you’re asking someone to wait for you.

Bear and Bare Are Correct

A few other familiar phrases and idioms use the words bear and bare. In the first two cases, these words that sound the same are used as verbs. In the third and last example, plain is used as an adjective.

Bear in Mind

In this saying, “to bear” means to hold or carry something. It might make you think of grizzlies, but “bear in mind” means “to think about something, remember something, or be aware.”

As an Example

• I can try to help you with your computer, but you should know that I’m not very good with computers.

• Remember that he loves her, even if he’s terrible at showing it.

Bare All

When someone is told to “bare all,” they are said to show everything, literally and figuratively. That could mean showing your body or showing the truths inside of you. In this case, you’re talking about the verb “bare,” which means “to uncover or show.”

As an Example,

• He was asked to tell everything when he took the stand in court.

• David had to remove everything so the great sculptor could work on him.

Just the Bare Bones

A similar phrase is “down to the bare bones,” sometimes written as a single noun, barebones. Here, “bare” is used as an adjective to describe the noun “bones.” To be “bare bones,” something has to be simple or empty. For instance:

As an Example

• Only the shell of her dwelling remained.

A person could also give a bare-bones speech or write a bare-bones piece of writing. The speaker or writer didn’t provide many details, just the main points.

Where Did the Phrase “A Bear with Me” Come From?

Looking into where the phrase came from can help you remember how to spell it in different situations. People often think “bear with me” comes from one of Shakespeare’s plays.

Antony says the famous line, “Bear with me; my heart is in the coffin with Caesar,” in Shakespeare’s play “Julius Caesar.”

Shakespeare used this saying, but he didn’t make it up. Its use is just a reflection of how people talked in Elizabethan times. The verb “to bear” comes from the Greek and Latin words “free,” which means “to carry.”

The phrase comes from the idea of asking someone to be patient until they get where they’re going. In common speech, you may overhear someone’s remark “bear with me” as they finish a story or wait in line for their debit card.

Can I Use Instead of a Bear with Me?

Are you still puzzled? Choose a synonym if you don’t want to make a mistake in your writing. Depending on your words, you could tell someone to be patient, wait, make an exception, put up with something, or endure it.

Some alternative phrases for “be patient” are provided below.

• The host asked the crowd to wait while he looked for his script.

• Please wait a minute while I get your money back.

• The teacher asked the kids to wait while he told them how they did on the test.

• Could you give me a break this time, and I’ll be on time next time?

• Always remember how patient bears are and how they can live in the wild. If that doesn’t work, think about how shocked your readers would look if you asked them to take off their clothes.

How to Use “Bare”?

What Does It Mean to Be Forbearing?

“Bare” is an adjective that means “without the usual or right covering or clothing” or “exposed.”

Examples

Here are some examples.

List Examples
1 In the pool, he was exposed above the waist.
2 These walls have nothing on them.
3 Do you usually leave your phone in the open without a case?
4 When you look at the phrase this way, it barely doesn’t make much sense.
5 Bear with me means to be patient or tolerant, but bare with me would suggest taking off your clothes, which is not what it means.

Summary

“Bare with me” implies “uncover or disclose with me” as a verb, but “exposed with me” as an adjective. These are straightforward, maybe wrong, advice. Supposing. Say “be patient” never. The proposed meaning is wrong.

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

The following are the most critical questions about this topic.

1 - Which One Is Correct: Bare with Me or Bear with Me?

There are a lot of mistakes on the Internet about how to say things like “bear with me” and “bares with me.” Bare with me does not mean what you might think it means. To “bear” something means to “show” or “uncover.” “Bear with me” is the right way to say “be patient with me.”

2 - Is It Rude to Ask Someone to Be Patient?

When you might be taking up someone else’s time, it’s okay to ask them to “bear with me.” So, it would be polite to say. Don’t say “bear with me” because it’s wrong and rude.

3 - Why Do We Say “Please Be Patient”?

The phrase comes from the idea of asking someone to be patient until they get where they’re going. In common speech, you may overhear someone’s remark “bear with me” as they finish a story or wait in line for their debit card.

4 - Which One Is Right: Bear or Bare?

The only thing that the verb “bare” can mean is “to uncover.” All the other times the verb is used, it means “to bear”: “to bear children,” “to bear south on the expressway,” and so on. Of the two, only “bear” may be used as a noun.

5 - What Else Can I Say in Place of “Bear with Me”?

Other Ways to Say “Please be patient.”

• Please don’t rush.

• Please wait just a minute.

• We appreciate your patience as we fix the problem.

6 - Is It Too Hard to Handle?

Too much to bear is too much for someone to handle. Because “bare” and “bear” sound the same, people often say “too much to bear.”

7 - How Do You Say “Bear” in a Sentence?

Keep in mind. The pain was almost too much for him to handle. She took it all in stride, as she always did. She couldn’t stand to think about being without him. Something is going on with Bear. I wouldn’t say I like living with cats.

8 - What Does the Word “Bare” Mean?

The word “bare” means to show or let people see something. The cabinet was empty. Darlene knew why she started to tell the stranger about her feelings. The pack was thirty pounds, which was a lot to carry.

9 - How Do You Say “Thank You” for All the Help You’ve Given?

Think about saying thanks in one of these ways.

• I’m thankful for your good attitude and help.

• Thank you for the help you gave recently.

• I’m grateful for your extra kindness.

• As a result of your assistance, I’ve been able to progress more quickly toward my objectives.

10 - How Do You Spell Barely as in “Bear with Me”?

Bear with me is the correct phrase, while bare with me is mostly nonsense and not something most people would mean to write. Think of a bear patiently waiting by your side to help you remember. That Bear is with you, and it doesn’t mind.

11 - Can You Handle What It Means?

To bare means to find out about or show (think to bare all). Most of the time, you won’t be telling anyone to “bear with you” or “I can’t bear it” (unless you want them to take off their clothes with you). To bear is to support, carry, or put up with something (physically and figuratively).

12 - What Kind of Verb Is “Bear”?

Verb (used with an object), bore or (archaic) bare; begotten or born; bearing. To support; hold up: to maintain the roof’s weight. To be able to hold or stay firm under (a load): The top can’t take his weight. to give birth to; bring into the world: to bear a child.

13 - What Does It Mean to Be Bare?

Taking off your hat exemplifies what it means to be bare. Bare means that someone or something has no clothes on or it lacks its regular components. Simply said, “bare feet” refers to a pair of feet that aren’t covered by shoes or socks. A bare apartment does not have any furniture.

14 - How Do You Say “Thank You” in a Fancy Way?

Some other common ways to say “thank you” are “I’m thankful,” “I’m grateful,” “I appreciate it,” “much appreciated,” and “much obliged.” In English, words like gracias, Danke, and merci are used to say “thank you” in other languages (French).

15 - How Do You Write a Sentence with Continuous Support?

Sentence examples from English sources that use the word “continuous” in a good way. Because of things like this, the PKK’s war against the Turkish government has always had support. She joined a group of actors who, on their own time, helped us with the development side of our work there all the time.

Conclusion

Bear with me is the correct phrase, while bare with me is mostly nonsense and not something most people would mean to write. Think of a bear patiently waiting by your side to help you remember. That Bear is with you, and it doesn’t mind.

Related Articles

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/best-beard-care-products/188856

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-be-more-patient/106534

Optimized by Muhammad Zahid on 15 - 08 - 2022