How to Optimize Your Website Structure for SEO?

Do you know that the structure of your website has a major impact on your SEO?

Yes, structuring your site well helps Google robots to crawl it well. And since these little bots visit no less than 20 billion websites every day HubSpot as much as they make their job easier. They will appreciate it.

Laurent has told me that:

Web design isn’t just about how it looks. It’s also about making it easier for the user to navigate your site. For this, it is essential to optimize the tree structure of your website.

As you can see, a good architecture making it easier for visitors to navigate your pages is also a great way to reduce your bounce rate.

In this article, I give you some tips to build your website structure well in order to improve your SEO and UX!

Why structure your website well?

As mentioned above, having a good website structure is essential for both user experience and SEO.

To provide a better user experience and have good visibility on search results, you must do everything to facilitate the user’s journey on your site.

No matter how it ended up on your webpage, via search or direct link, every user should be able to understand what you have to offer.

Otherwise, it might quickly leave your page and visit another website, increasing your bounce rate. Besides, a high bounce rate often indicates the poor architecture of your website. Then it’s time to take matters into your own hands!

Concretely, I’m talking about:

• Simplify the navigation structure . If you are using a drop-down menu, one level is sufficient. Nobody takes the time to go through several levels of drop-down lists.

• Categorize your content and products . Your visitors should be able to browse content by category and not just chronologically. For example, for an e-commerce site, the search and filter options make it much easier for your customers to find what they are looking for.

**How to improve the SEO of your website with a good structure?

To improve your website’s SEO, you can:

• Create “hub” pages.

• Offer an efficient navigation menu.

• And let Google know about structural changes and changes you make to your pages.

Create “hub” pages

A hub page aims to converge links from multiple pages dealing with the same topic.

So, if you have multiple pages on a given topic, then by playing on the internal links between those pages, you can tell search engines which pages are the most important. The ultimate, create a “cornerstone” content that is linked to other pages on the same theme!

By linking these pages to this main page, you are showing Google that this main page is the most important for this topic. Thus, the search engine will automatically send it more link juice.

This kind of practice also often avoids cannibalization between pages dealing with the same theme.

Let me explain.

Indeed, is it better to 3 pages classified on this keyword on pages 3, 4, and 10 or only one on page 1?

How to do it?

With the Google Search Console, identify the pages of your site that are receiving impressions for the same request. If you find any, take steps to avoid this competition. This is done either by grouping them together or by working the mesh between them so as to determine the main page, as indicated just above.

Provide an efficient navigation menu

Optimizing your navigation menu is a must in terms of UX!

Plus, it’s a great way to help Google find the most important content on your website and index it properly.

This will inevitably lead to higher rankings on Google.

Notify Google about changes to your pages

Treat all content on your site as equal. If you’ve posted them, they’re all important and unique. Each of them needs care, attention, and updates .
Yep, from time to time I make changes to the

mohsinbeg pages!

If this is your case too, make sure to keep Google informed about your site’s content, structural changes, and changes you make to your pages.

This encourages re-indexing and helps you maintain your positions in search engine results pages.

My advice : If you make any changes to your pages, just go to the Google Search Console and return your URL for indexing.