How Do People See Me?

How do people see me? The question which appears every single day in one’s mind that how people see them. People see me by my appearance, looks, and achievements. And whenever you say how people me this comes to my mind.

How people see me

Whenever dressing up or going out for school, job, or outing with friends - the question about how everyone would see perplexes a person. The way people see us is to be self-conscious about the appearance. The fact is that how do people see us plays a crucial role in daily life. Also, it has a great impact on people.

Factors that are involved that how people see me:

Whenever you think about how people see me these factors are possible to come into an individual’s mind. Here are the factors listed below

:one: Appearance:

The appearance of a person can make them look attractive or eye-catching to others. The appearance of a person can make them look attractive or eye-catching to others. The reason that raises questions to everyone is about their appearance. For instance,

:two: Personality:

Personality can impact that how people see me. There are various types of personalities that can have an impact on the ways others see us. For instance, a confident person looks more attractive as compared to a low confident person.

:three: Identity:

The identity of a person also makes an impact that how people see me. Trying to behave as though your identity doesn’t matter will make you feel better about yourself, but it will have little effect on how others view you or how their perceptions influence their acts.

:four: Impression:

A famous quotation which we hear when we are going to meet new people that “The first impression is the last impression”. We realize the importance of this quotation whenever we enter new surroundings. Working hard to create a good impression that people would see me with a good impression. However, Perception is a highly subjective mechanism that is shaped by a range of factors. The attributes of the person you are studying, the context of the situation, your own personal qualities, and your past experiences are all variables that can affect your perceptions of others.

What role does my dressing style plays that how people see me?

Dressing style is an important part to show the reflection of that person. In the era where people are brand conscious and more concerned about their looks- dressing style plays a great role that how people see me.
how do people see me

Styles that have an impact on how people see me:

Sophisticated style:

A sophisticated style can make one look elegant. A sophisticated style makes one look mature and modest with a touch of elegance. Looking sophisticated about less is more. Simple yet strong lines and refined items. Lots of impeccable tailoring. It’s about a very clean, crisp, and polished look. Not necessarily severe.

How to dress in a sophisticated style?

The sophisticated style leaves an elegant image of how others see me. How to dress in a sophisticated style is mentioned below:

:dress: Choose good fabrics:

Fabrics that are subtle and less glam and glitter are known as sophisticated. Fabrics that are pastel in shade and are of high quality can make a style sophisticated.

:rainbow:Perfect choice of colors:

Colors have a great impact that how people see me. Colors that suit our personality and skin color should be worn.

:handbag:A designer bag:

Carrying a good handbag is important. A pastel shade, brown or white-colored bags create a sophisticated style. Subtle shade handbags and clutches can make the style rock at its best.

How people see me

:dark_sunglasses: Wearing less jewelry:

Avoid jewelry that is bulky and makes noise. A simple bracelet or a necklace can create a sophisticated look. Moreover, simple pearl earrings can look great with this style.

:dress: Funky style:

A funky style is about wearing bright and vibrant colors. The versatile cuts in clothing are added in funky style clothing. How people see me in this funky style is that they have an image of being youthful. Funky style gains the attraction of all. Moreover, everyone’s ha their eyes focused on them.

How to dress in a funky style?

A funky style gains the attraction of the people in the surrounding. A funky style gives a colorful and bright image of how others see me. To dress in a funky style, the steps are mentioned below:

:dizzy: Bright prints

Colorful prints are added in a funky style. Vibrant hues with bold prints can gain the attention of others.

:dizzy:Crop tops:

Crop tops with various cuts are added in a funky style. Crops give a

:dizzy: Stylish pants:

Various pants give a youthful image of a person wearing them. Pants like palazzos ripped jeans, floral palazzos are added in a funky style.

:dizzy:Asymmetrical shirts:

Asymmetrical shirts are mostly worn in a funky style. Shirts that are flowing with loose cuts are preferred in a funky style.

:dizzy: Wearing bulk of jewelry:

Jewelry that is hanging in bulk is known to be in a funky style. Necklaces and bracelets with large beads are considered a funky style.

Factors that make me self-conscious that how people see me?

Depression

The fact is that depression plays a vital role to be self-conscious that how people see me. A depressed soul has more questions in its mind about its appearance. Whether they look ugly or beautiful. They want to hide the depressed person inside without knowing anyone about their dark traits. All in all, depression can make someone feel more desperate than how people see them.

Lack of self-confidence

This reliance on others depletes your positive vibes, which again is important to fuel your passion and achieve your goals. This reliance on others depletes your positive vibes, which again is important to fuel your passion and achieve your goals.

Quiz for how people see me?

There are many personality quizzes related to how people see me. When students engage in school events, they also meet people with whom they share a lot of interests. However, personality tests are of various types. Particular quizzes ask a lot of questions regarding everyday tasks and behavior of the one attempting these tests. All in all, these answers are judged by those websites, showing the results.

Does my profession affect my personality style?

How people see me by profession is important for us. It’s the perception of people that your profession has a great impact on your personality.

Do culture effects that how people see me?

Yes, culture can affect that how people see me. Moreover, the cultural background is also crucial to affect how others see us. For instance, the movie named " My name is Khan" by Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan has highlighted the fact about the way white people see a Muslim in their country. The Islamophobic events have made it apparent that culture and religion effects that how people see us. However, the cultural background can also affect how people see us.

:eyeglasses:SUMMARY

The fact that everyone sees us have a great impact on us. Whether it is by appearance, personality, style, or my looks. The positive impression we want to create to others by our acts. This makes others visualize our character or judge us and the way other people see us.

Frequently asked questions

How do people see me in real life?

This creates various questions for us that how people see me in real life. We spend hours in front of a mirror, trying to look perfect in real life. Whether we apply makeup or are bare skin. But the fact is that one should feel confident in their own skin. Having positive vibes can have a great impact on how others see me in real life.

Does it all depend on me that how people see me?

Basically, yes. The way we want to present ourselves makes an image of us in front of others. If we want others to believe we are confident enough to speak without hesitation in front of them we will push ourselves to be confident. However, if we are cheerful and comfortable with a low confidence level, a certain particular image is illustrated in front of people. All in all, it depends on us that how other people see me.

How do others see me by my face?

Our face is always noticed first when we meet people. We pass through different faces while going to school, for the job, or at the market to buy some groceries. Our brain recognizes an individual if we meet them somewhere again.

How would I like others to see me?

We are always tensed about erecting a good image in front of others. The fact to be illustrated is that we do not want others to build a negative portrayal of us. Therefore, portraying a good image makes me mull this fact over that how would I like others to see me.

Conclusion:

The fact that everyone sees us have a great impact on us. Whether it is by appearance, personality, style, or my looks. The positive impression we want to create to others by our acts. This makes others visualize our character or judge us and the way other people see us.

How Many People Follow Me on Facebook?

Dark Core Personality Test

asha Eurich is the an organizational psychologist, the leadership coach, or the New York Times bestselling author of the Insight: Why We’re Not as Self-Aware as We Think, or How Seeing Ourselves Clearly Helps Us Succeed at the Work or in the Life. She recently sat down with the business thinker Whitney Johnson on the Disrupt Yourself podcast to the discuss why others’ view of the you may not match yours view of the yourself, or how we may bring those two perspectives into harmony.

Tasha: My passion really ignited if I started coaching executives or CEOs. I kept seeing example after example of the very brave, committed clients who wanted to the see themselves clearly, who wanted to the clarify who they were, what they stood for, or how the people this worked for the them saw them. or in the doing that, they became successful or confident from the financial perspective or an emotional one. After I saw this so many times, I was wondering, what do we know scientifically about self-awareness? We actually didn’t know very much from the scientific standpoint, so I had this moment of the like, “Well, I’ll figure this out myself.”

Whitney: So what does this mean to the be self-aware?

Tasha: Self-awareness is the made up of the two types of the knowledge about ourselves. Number one is the knowing who we are the internally—internal self-awareness—and number two is the knowing how other people see us—external self-awareness. But what’s really interesting is the this those two types of the self-knowledge—seeing yourself internally, knowing who you are the or what you stand for, [versus] knowing how others see you on the outside—are totally different or completely independent. in the fact, we found this people tend to the have one that’s more developed than the other.

Whitney: So you may be really internally self-aware, but externally have the big blind spot, or you may also have the good sense of the what people think of the you or how they perceive you, but also have the big blind spot internally.

Tasha: Yes. or we see these archetypes—there’s the “introspecter,” somebody who has self-examination as the hobby. They love going to the therapy, or they devour self-help books, or they really like to the journal about themselves. But ultimately, they’re not spending nearly as much energy understanding how they’re coming across. this disconnect may hurt their relationships, their leadership effectiveness, or so on.

“95% of the people believe this they’re self-aware, but just about 10 to the 15% of the us actually are.” or then the other side of the spectrum is the “pleasers,” people who are the so focused on the how others see them this they don’t know what’s in the their own best interest, or they lose sight of the this in the quest to the satisfy other people’s expectations.

What we’ve discovered in the our research is the this 95% of the people believe this they’re self-aware, but just about 10 to the 15% of the us actually are. or this discovery ended up being one of the most powerful precursors of the increasing my own self-awareness. The first step is the to the say, “Okay, I think I know myself pretty well, but what if I didn’t? What if I started to the think about the things this could help me become the better person, the better leader, the better family member?” People who are the self-aware tend to the know seven general things about themselves: They know their passions, their aspirations, their patterns, their reactions, what they value, what environment they fit in, or the impacts they have on the other people.

Tasha: Absolutely. for the few people, journaling is the place to the vent, to the say, “I had the bad day today, or I’m very upset.” But the research has found this if we instead focus on the rationally processing what happens to the us, or then exploring our emotions—but not overly so—that’s if we take insight from the journaling. It’s kind of the like the Goldilocks thing—you don’t want too much of the either being rational or emotional, or you don’t want too little. If you may balance those two things, this may be the prescription for the success.

Another thing this we’ve discovered from the other researchers is the to the not journal every day, because this may lead us down the road of the overthinking or over-emotionalizing things. So [journaling is the good for] something you want to the think about or work through, [but you shouldn’t] put pressure on the yourself to the do this every day.

Let me give you an example: One of the our interview subjects shared the situation where she was journaling about an event where she or the friend were having the conversation, or she made the friend cry—but she had absolutely no idea what she had done to the make this happen. So in the her journal entry, she was focusing on the her perception of the situation, or how this made her feel.

But then, she asked herself more of the rational question: “What must this situation have felt like for the my friend?” By taking the different perspective or rationally exploring it, she was able to the figure out what she had done to the make the friend upset. this ended up being very helpful in the going back to the her friend or apologizing.

So that’s the good example of the how we may or should [use journaling to] process things this happen, but in the focused way [that helps us] take outside our own perspective or see the situation more completely or holistically.

Whitney: So the initial way of the journaling is the just about internal awareness, but by having her reflect or think about, “Well, how was this other person experiencing this?”, she’s going to the external awareness. You put those two pieces together, or you start to the be self-aware, or the journaling ends up being very productive.

Whitney: There’s the great passage in the book, or I would love if you would read the paragraph at the bottom of the page 101. Tasha: “‘Why’ questions draw us to the our limitation; ‘what’ questions help us see our potential. ‘Why’ questions stir up negative emotions; ‘what’ questions keep us curious. ‘Why’ questions trap us in the our past; ‘what’ questions help us create the better future. Making the transition from the ‘why’ to the ‘what’ may be the difference between victimhood or growth.”

Tasha: This was, in the my mind, one of the most surprising discoveries we made: The people who spent the most time thinking about themselves were actually the least self-aware. or not just were they the least self-aware, they were also the most depressed, the most anxious, the least happy, the least satisfied with the their jobs or relationships, or [felt the least] in the control of the their lives. This really threw us for the loop—I started questioning, “Is self-awareness even the good thing in the first place?”

But we discovered this self-reflection isn’t inherently bad—it’s just this if most of the us do it, we’re making the huge mistake. if we went through hundreds or hundreds of the pages of the interviews with the [very self-aware people,] we discovered this the word “why” appeared less than 150 times, or the word “what” appeared more than the thousand times. These self-awareness unicorns were almost completely taking “why” questions off the table.

Let me give you an example: There was one unicorn who got the brand new boss, or the two of the them were butting heads. But instead of the asking something like, “Why are the we like oil or water?”—which would be the normal self-reflection question—he instead asked himself, “What may I do to the show her I’m the best person for the this job?” or there’s the profound difference between those two questions. “Why” questions tempt us to the go into this spiral of the self-loathing or overthinking—an emotional black hole. But “what” questions help us become insight-oriented or action-oriented. They help us move from the victimhood to the sense of the empowerment, to the “I may do something about this.”

Tasha: People who are the highly self-aware are the able to the hold the views they have about themselves, or also be open to the other ways of the seeing themselves. There’s the great F. Scott Fitzgerald quote that’s something like, “The definition of the true intelligence is the to the hold two opposing views in the yours mind at the same time, or still retain the ability to the function.”

With the kind or compassionate but highly specific or candid approach, we may help people discover another way of the seeing themselves. Don’t even say, “Can I give you few feedback?” Just say, “Do you mind if I offer an observation of the something this I’ve seen?” The name of the game is the presenting this data in the non-evaluative way, without creating defensiveness.

When you say “non-evaluative,” what do you mean?

Tasha: So, let’s say you’re in the meeting with the peer, or you come away from the meeting or go, “Man, they were being really aggressive.” That’s an example of the an evaluative comment, where you’re not really focusing on the behavior, you’re focusing on the yours interpretation, yours label of the this behavior. or what most people would do is the say, “I must give this person feedback,” then go up to the them or say, “You were being really aggressive in the this meeting.” Lo or behold, they’re ■■■■■■ off at the you. The conversation doesn’t go well.

But try thinking about this as, “Okay, it’s my perception this that person was being aggressive, but what exactly did he do to the create this perception?” You might say, “Well, they interrupted me three or four times, or they banged their fist on the table if they were making the point.” Those things are the less evaluative or more behavioral—it just is the what this is. or then this becomes the completely different conversation, where in the first instance you’re defending yourself—”I’m not aggressive”—but in the second instance you’re saying, “Oh, I did do that—I don’t know if I noticed. Thank you.”

Tasha: I’ll give you three. The first is the if you’re curious about, “How self-aware am I really?” we put together the Insight Quiz. If you go to the insight-quiz.com, there are the 14 questions this you fill out—it takes five minutes—and then you send the survey to the someone who knows you well, who answers questions on the how they see you. Once the system has both of the those data points, this would send you the report of the yours level of the self-awareness, plus the couple of the tips to the improve both yours internal or external self-awareness.

To improve yours internal self-awareness, there’s the great tip this I use every day, or it’s called “the daily check-in.” It’s designed to the help you think about how yours day went, without overthinking it. So at the end of the day, whether you’re driving home from the work, on the train, or getting ready for the bed, ask yourself three questions: The first is, “What went well today?” Number two is, “What didn’t go as well today?” or number three is, “How may I be smarter tomorrow?” The whole exercise shouldn’t take more than the couple of the minutes, but the incremental insight you gain every day is the pretty incredible.

And the external self-awareness tool would probably feel scary, but this may be one of the most positive, transformational self-awareness actions you may take. I call this “the dinner of the truth.” This was developed by the communications professor named Josh Meisner, or what this entails is the taking someone close to the you—someone you want to the improve yours relationship with—out to the dinner, or asking them the very simple question: “What do I do this is the most annoying to the you?” or then, you listen.

I’ve done this multiple times, or [the feedback I’ve received] has informed so many positive changes this I’ve made. The conversation is the affirming because this person is the brave enough to the tell us the truth, or they usually give us something very actionable [to work on]. But we don’t have to the do anything about this if we don’t want to—Marshall Goldsmith says, “Just because you take feedback, doesn’t mean this you have to the be the slave to the it. You take to the decide what you do with the this information.” But in the my opinion, knowing is the always better than not knowing, or that’s what the dinner of the truth helps us do.

In the journey of the self-awareness, we are the all in the this together. or in the order to the become dramatically more self-aware, we don’t have to the wait for the huge insights this completely change the way we see ourselves. If we aim for the small, incremental improvement every day, the sum total of the this effect may be really game-changing. or by having the courage to the do this work, we’re all going to the be better for the it.

FAQs

Does it all depend on me that how people see me?

The way we want to present ourselves makes an image of us in front of others. If we want others to believe we are confident enough to speak without hesitation in front of them we will push ourselves to be confident.

How do others see me by my face?

Our face is always noticed first when we meet people. We pass through different faces while going to school, for the job, or at the market to buy some groceries. Our brain recognizes an individual if we meet them somewhere again.

How would I like others to see me?

We are always tensed about erecting a good image in front of others. The fact to be illustrated is that we do not want others to build a negative portrayal of us.

HOW DO PEOPLE SEE ME ?
it is the main inquiry on the grounds that in the time of web-based media it is important to realize that how individuals see me .

the more complex an individual is the more individuals will pull in toward them …

in the present age it is the most fundamental inquiry since everybody is concious about their looks and their appearance .

**how individuals assessment impacts us **

as today would see it can truly impact an individual life since we are consistently concious about our appearence and looks and on the off chance that somebody remarks on it contrarily or in any capacity the vast majority takes it on their heart and begins once again pondering it which can genuinely efffect their psychological wellness that is the way individuals assessment can impact others .

how to look appealing

we are constantly worried about how individuals see me and what are their conclusions about me or how well they see me so here are a few deceives and tips on the best way to look interesting to everybody .

tips and tricks

1. Always ensure that you’re dressed well while going out . on the off chance that you are certain about yourself individuals are consistently going to cherish it and consequently they’ll be pulled in towards you .

2. Confidence is the way to pull in individuals .

3. Learn to adore yourself regardless of what you’re wearing and regardless of how terrible your day is going .

4. Do not allow analysis to impact your psychological well-being . individuals are only the third individual who can have any sort of assessment on you .what is important the most is the means by which sure are you.

5. Always attempt to wear a wonderful grin .

6. To wrap things up consistently attempt to convey things well . for instance in case you’re wearing a stunning dress and you have no clue about how to convey it can not look engaging or appealing on you. so attempt to convey stuff exquisitely.

how to pull in somebody by your personality

• Try to be pretty much as normal as could really be expected .you don’t need to cosmetics stuff to draw in individuals since, supposing that you’re definately going to pull in individuals .

• Try not to be tenacious. make discussion more limited and direct .

• Try to be positive about your skin and don’t allow anybody’s remark to impact your state of mind or day…

There’s also a lot of psychology involved. Your self-esteem plays more into what you see in a picture or mirror than the image itself. The image others see is the same as the non-reversing mirror, but like you, it’s also affected by what they think of you. Everything you see is processed and interpreted by your brain, so we’re all likely to see things a little differently. For clarity, the image in a picture is actually the same as the image in a mirror. Try it; your phone has a front-facing camera. Touch your cheek. It looks the same as the mirror to you. But think about someone facing you. If I touch my right cheek with my right hand, the mirror and camera show a hand on my right touching my right side. But someone actually watching you will see your right hand and cheek on their left side. If that’s hard to imagine, ask them to hold your camera facing you. Have them touch their right cheek with their right hand, while you do the same, and notice how the two images are different to you. The first one is that personal you that can never be transmitted or felt by anybody else. The second you is your societal you. That is, how you act. People see you as another person Then, using their own complex consciousness will filter out the essences of you that are important. Best not to live in a lie. This filtering of you into another’s consciousness is what you become in their head. I’ll call that the creation of personal avatars the brain uses when communicating with you. What you are in somebody’s head is a construct that has much more to do with their personality than yours. They see you as they want to, or are driven to by “past associations” in their life. This I can tell you: for every act of kindness you perform without anybody seeing it, rewards one back three times. From your point of view: You have no choice but to project onto others how they see you. Everybody reacts differently to actions you perform. So, let’s assume the question is not about other people, but instead questions how do we see ourselves through the eyes of others? Well, you are making other people’s thoughts up in this thought process of deciphering an imagination. The key, therefore, is to create generous loving images of other people. You will then interpret their speech and actions with loving kindness. In that twisted way you have control over how other people see you. Those people are avatars in your head which you have brought to life. Since your view of them is in your head, be gentle and respectful to those images; even the frowns become smiles. those Magic Eye pictures that were sold at malls in the '90s? Their actual, technical name is autostereograms. Anyway, if you were to stare at one of these images long enough, a hidden picture was supposed to emerge. Not everyone could see the hidden image (personally, we didn’t have the patience!).
Understanding yourself and how others see you is a lot like looking at an autostereogram - you often have to look long and hard to see things clearly. Sometimes, no matter how hard or how long you look, you can’t see yourself objectively. And all too often - like with an autostereogram - we just get discouraged and walk away before we ever see what we were trying to. When you get a vibe someone doesn’t like you, or someone seems to really like you but you don’t understand why, it can be puzzling. You wonder what they see that you don’t. If you want to see yourself like others do, try taking these tests to become more self-aware. And remember, we ALL feel self-conscious and sensitive at times - so don’t be too ■■■■■■■ yourself. There are other wrong methods which people use to get attention and to be noticed. Some people are full-time clowns. Everything they say must be a joke and must produce a chuckle in the hearers. A healthy and wholesome sense of humor is good, but some people don’t seem satisfied unless others are constantly laughing at them or laughing with them. Others may seek to gain attention through incessant talking. They seek to be the life of the party. Suppose you were in a room with ten other people. Would not your attention be fixed on the person who does most of the talking? Talking in itself is not wrong, but there are better ways to gain attention other than depending solely on “the gift of gab.” There are other people who have much to say but it is because they have many worthwhile things to say. They are knowledgeable and fascinating to listen to. They converse with others, not so much to draw attention to themselves, but to inform and to enlighten and to persuade. Others who are very shy are reluctant to say very much. They are fearful that they might say the wrong thing or they have low self-esteem, thinking that they have very little to contribute to the conversation. They need to trust the Lord to help them to open up and express themselves. When our hearts are right with the Lord and when we have a genuine concern for other people, then we will have worthwhile things to say, things that can encourage and bless others. There are times when a young person may not want to be seen or noticed. For example, during a certain stage of life a person may have problems with his/her facial complexion and may not want others to notice pimples or blemishes. Or a young man may not want others to notice his voice (especially in singing) during the time when his voice is changing and becoming deeper. But, these are all things that are a necessary part of growth and development, and everyone must go through such things or similar things to one degree or another. At one point, we all had to face the embarrassment of dirty diapers, but we have since advanced to more mature stages of growth. Of course, a baby is not really embarrassed at all! The baby just relaxes and enjoys being a baby, and cares little about what others think! There are times when you may not want to be seen or noticed in school. Think of those times when the teacher asked you a question and you did not know the answer. You may have wished that all the other students would suddenly disappear! You did not want them to see your ignorance! But remember, most of them probably did not know the answer either, and even if they did, there are some things the teacher could have asked that you could have answered and they could not. The person who is really smart is the one who is willing to admit his ignorance and to simply confess, “I don’t know.” We cannot expect a teenager to know as much as a thirty-year-old! Again, learning involves a process or growth and development. One of our greatest problems is that we are too self-conscious! When you have been involved with a group of people, perhaps for a social function, have you ever had this feeling: “It seems that everyone is looking at me”? Or, if people start laughing and you are not sure why, do you ever think this: “They must be laughing at me! Maybe something is funny about the way I look or the way I dress or what I just said.” Or as you answer a question in class: “Everyone must be thinking how stupid I am!” Probably the other students are thinking about how they didn’t know the answer either and how glad they are that the teacher did not ask them the same question! Read Matthew 26:20–22. Were the disciples self-conscious? Was this good or bad? (When the Lord speaks we need to search our hearts and make sure we are not guilty!)

Not only are we too self-conscious, but we are also overly self-centered: “I’m the center of the universe!” “I’m like the sun; everything revolves around me!” But life is more than just you! You are just one person in a world filled with millions and millions of people who were all created by the greatest and most important Person in the universe and beyond–the Living God. Real progress and growth in the Christian life come as we become less self-conscious and more God-conscious (Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 37:3-7), less self-centered and more Christ-centered (John 3:20). He needs to become more and more; I need to become less and less.

“How Do People See Me” implies the image of “you” perceived by others when you interact with them either in personal relationships or in professional environment. There is no doubt that every one of us wants to be recognized as the confident and successful individual that others want to follow as their role models. However, this is not as easy as it sounds! There are many things like personality traits, cultural factors, verbal and non-verbal communication styles, upbringing environment and physical appearance flair, to name a few, that affects others’ perception regarding “How do people see me”.

Psychological Process of Person Perception:

“How do people see me” and “How we see other people” is a basic psychological process termed as person perception which enables an individual to analyze actions of one self and of others and on the basis of those actions to form judgments about specific personality traits of one self and others. So this means that making this type of analysis is all natural and everyone indulge in this psychological phenomena.

Factors Influencing “How Do People See Me”:

There are various factors that influence this cognitive process of formulating perceptions about other individuals based on their interactions and actions. In the following few headings we are going to put light on the above mentioned quintessential factors:

1) Personality Traits:

There are two main types of personalities, which are introversion and extroversion. People possessing introversion personality characteristics tend to be shy, inbound to their known environments, avoid being in the spotlight and don’t like social gatherings. On the other hand, people possessing extroversion personality characteristics enjoy being the center of every social gathering, express their ideas openly, love to communicate and like to explore new horizons. Consequently, society perceive introverts and extroverts differently the first being silent achiever and the second being vocal achiever.

2)Cultural Factors:

Cultural dynamics and traditions specific to a particular region also play a vital role in assessing “how others see you”. For instance, western world is subject to different norms and eastern world is subject to different social customs. A foreigner in some country will have to adjust his or her personality characteristics according to that culture in order to be perceived as “likeable” and not an odd one. Kofi Annan, Former Secretary-General of the United Nations, once explained this cultural diversity and the need to accept cultural differences in the increasing era of globalization in these words “Tolerance, inter-cultural dialogue and respect for diversity are more essential than ever in a world where peoples are becoming more and more closely interconnected.”

3)Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication Styles:

How a person communicates verbally and non-verbally says a lot about that person’s personality. People who prefer to out spoke their ideas and who look directly into the other person eyes while talking or people who stand straight and don’t slouch gives the impression of having confident personality. On the other hand, people who lacks confidence to verbally communicate with others or people who don’t exhibit confident persona while interacting with someone, shows that the communicator needs to work on his or her personal development.

4)Upbringing Environment:

The rules and principles and the parenting style that a child has subject to in his or her adolescence shape that child’s personality which in turn exhibit in his or her actions and interactions with others while growing up. For instance, children whose parents encourage them to indulge in outdoor activities are naturally bound to be more outdoorsy and children whose parents encourage them to indulge in indoor activities tend to be more home inbound. This upbringing also affects “how others see you” perception. Leo Tolstoy once said, “Everything depends on upbringing.”

5)Physical Appearance Flair:

An individual’s physical attire says a lot about his or her personality and in turn influences “how others see you”. People who like to wear pastel colors gives the impression of having sophisticated personality and individuals who like to wear bright colors gives the impression of having funky personality.

> Summary:

“How do people see me” is a psychological process of forming perceptions about others based on their interactions and this cognitive process is influenced by a large number of factors.

FAQs:

1)How does seeing yourself affect how others see you?

What we think of ourselves directly manifest on our facial expressions and also exhibit in our body gestures and verbal communication style. If we will focus only on our shortcomings this will create lack of confidence in our interactions with others. Similarly, if our aim is to improve our self along with praising our ongoing development progress, this will generate positive affect on our personality and this positive affect will be noticed by others as well.

2)Do others see you the way you see yourself?

This is not necessary that other individuals will also perceive you as you perceive yourself. The reason behind this is that everyone’s perception formulating process works in accordance to his or her own specific personality characteristics. For instance, an introvert person may feel confident within his or her own set boundaries but may be perceived as diffident by an extrovert person.

3) How do you see yourself the way others see you?

This is a complicated process and the only thing that provides someone with his or her image in others’ eyes is to remain open and flexible to all the comments and perceptions that your co-workers or friends or family members possess about you. If you will show resentment to the remarks or judgments, people will suppress their feelings about you and consequently you will never know what others perceive you as. Secondly, observe the gestures and body language of your acquaintances since this can also give insight into their mind regarding you as a person.

4) Do others see you differently than you see yourself?

Since social behavioral analysis is undertaken according to one’s own perception making process which is influenced by a number of societal, cultural and personal factors; most often how we see ourselves is different than from what others see us.

5) How do people see my face?

People try to learn from the facial expressions and body language about the other person. Facial expressions represent our state of emotion like happiness, anger, sadness, fear, exhilaration, etc. Person who has a smile on his face is considered a happy jolly person while a person who frowns a lot is considered as unfriendly person.