13 Tips For Smart Travel Whole World

Traveling intelligently is optimizing time, money, and comfort. Get the most out of your visit and experience.

Traveling intelligently to optimize time, money. Get the most out of your visit and experience.

These are my 13 tips to travel intelligently.

1.- Travel in the low season.

When work allows, it is best to travel out of the holiday season. Prices are more accessible and there are much less people. Eye! Not all destinations have the same seasons. Spring and fall are great times in most destinations.

2.- The hotel for you.

You don’t always have to look for the cheapest. You have to know how to spend the money and take advantage of it. The hotel is perhaps the most important decision is the trip. If you visit a city make sure it has a good location and preferably has breakfast and WiFi included. If you visit a beach or rest destination, it is worth investing in a hotel that has good quality facilities, beaches, and good services.

Here are some extra tips for choosing a good accommodation.

3.- Go Local.

Leaning towards local products is an extremely smart decision as well as an ecological one. Transporting products from other countries or localities always pollutes and the price will be paid by the visitor at the end.

Discovering local wines or dishes from the region is part of the travel experience. Forget the chains and visit the local coffee shop and classic restaurants on each site.

4.- Travel light.

Carrying an industrial size backpack or suitcase is never recommended. In addition to how heavy it can be, there are many factors to consider.

Weight allowed by the airline.

If you travel in a group, these bags will have to be accommodated in the car and many times they will end up paying another taxi to carry only the bags.
If you are en route it is impractical to carry large luggage.
You have to take what is necessary and if it is a long trip choose to wash clothes while en route.

5.- Use WIFI.

A lot of people ask me about data packets from phone companies. I have used them and they are usually useful if you need to be connected to the internet all the time, but they seem very expensive to me. For me the best option is Wi-Fi. In many countries, free Wi-Fi is very common in hotels, restaurants, and even parks. The Wi-Fi finder app can help you find open networks to connect to and share your trips on social media.

6.- Do the homework.

Planning is the best way to save money and time on a trip. The more you know your destination before stepping on it the more you will enjoy the experience. Search for many hotel options, decide before you get to the places you want to visit, and always have a plan B in case things do not happen as you planned.

7.- Treat yourself.

At least one night during your trip, treat yourself and visit a good restaurant. Get ready, book, and enjoy. Find places that offer a unique dining experience and let yourself go. Flavors are also a journey.

8.- Souvenirs.

I have already spoken to you about my opinion regarding souvenirs. My advice is to get away from the typical «Made in China» memory and look for something more original and special. Some local designers offering to clothe you won’t find anywhere else. Crafts made in front of your eyes. The possibilities are many but are generally not at first glance.

9.- Fewer countries, more cities.

Although I know that not everyone has the opportunity to travel constantly. I strongly recommend not visiting more than two countries in one trip. Doing these tours where 6 countries are visited in two weeks seems to me like a barbarity where you don’t know anything and just see everything happen.

My recommendation is to focus preferably on a single country as much as possible. Soak up your culture, tour various cities, and look for little-known corners. See everything calmly and enjoy it.

10.- Don’t look for the famous, look for what you like.

It is difficult to resist the photo in the most famous places in the cities. Visit well-known museums or the squares that the books talk about. But in reality, traveling is a personal experience and has to do with taste.

If you love food, focus on finding unique and recommended restaurants. If you love art, spend more time in a museum you like or sign up for a temporary workshop. Don’t be afraid to get off the beaten path of tourists and find something that is special to you.

11.- Use coupons and discounts.

Many attractions, restaurants, and even hotels have promotions and discounts. Use them in case they are useful to you. Most museums offer some free entry days per month and all have special discounts for students, seniors, etc. Visit the websites of the places you want to visit and find out.

Many attractions and hotels also have better online rates, so consider buying some tickets in advance and/or booking your room online.

12.- Take advantage of loyalty programs.

If you are a frequent traveler and accumulate miles or points in hotels do not hesitate to use them. They generally expire and it is good to take advantage of them. Get the most out of loyalty programs by informing yourself about all the options you have and have it as an option when looking for a hotel or flight.

13.- Be responsible.

The most important thing I think is to be responsible when traveling. The biggest difference between a traveler and a tourist is that the former is usually generous and the latter selfish. I explain. The tourist is generally not very aware of the impact their presence has on the places and tries to do everything at home. Total is a few days or a few hours that he spends in the city and he does not know if he will ever return in his life, so what difference does it make if he does not behave up to it. The traveler, on the other hand, is more respectful and wants his presence to be of help.

I know many people who have stolen a “pebble” from the Roman Colosseum or have seen a woman hug a 2,000-year-old statue to have her picture taken. As travelers, we must strive so that our presence has the least possible negative impact. Respect local customs, do not take photos of people without their permission, and above all preserve our heritage so that future generations can enjoy them as we have.

These are the tips that I hope will be of help to you.

At the end of the day, traveling is a very personal experience and everyone finds magic in different places. The worst thing that happens to the industry is irresponsible and uninformed tourists. So let’s all be smart and responsible travelers.