Jed Duggar

Jed Duggar was born on December 30, 1998. He is the eighth child of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. His parents homeschooled him from an early age. He completed his GED in 2016 at the age of 18 with his twin sister Joy-Anna. Jed Duggar was an intern for Bob Ballinger’s 2018 senate campaign.

Jed Duggar

Early Life

On December 30, 1998, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar had their first child, Jedidiah Robert “Jed” Duggar. He and his twin brother Jeremiah were the couple’s eighth child. After them, the family had eight more children.

Some time prior to the year 2001, Jed’s parents developed a buddy system, in which each older child was matched with a younger child for caregiving. Dressing, bathing, and feeding younger siblings were among the typical duties of an older pal.

The identity of Jed’s first elder friend is unknown. One of the family’s four eldest daughters became the head of each of the four buddy teams in 2009. Jed was on a team with Jinger, his older sister, and Johannah, his younger sister.

Childhood Education

With the help of the Institute in Basic Life Principles and the Advanced Training Institute, Jed’s family was able to homeschool him from an early age. With his twin Jeremiah and older sister Joy-Anna, he completed the GED test in 2016 at the age of 18. For this occasion, his family threw a graduation party.

Television Appearances

The first of Jed’s family’s television specials, 14 Children and Pregnant Again! aired on the Discovery Health Channel when he was five. Since then, Jed and his family have appeared in four more specials about their life before they were featured on the 17 Kids and Counting reality show when Jed was just 9 years old. 18 Kids and Counting was cancelled on July 16, 2015, the same day it premiered.

Three-part special Counting On: The Jill and Jessa Story premiered on TLC on December 14, 2015. The Duggar family is trying to move on from the controversies surrounding oldest brother Josh Duggar, which were the centre of this programme featuring Jed’s sisters Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald. As a regular series, the show was titled “Counting On.” This show features a lot of appearances for Jed.

Political Career

In a later-deleted Facebook post, Arkansas State Representative Charlene Fite revealed that Jed Duggar was interning at the Arkansas State House of Representatives in January of this year. Later, he referred to this position as a legislative assistant on his campaign website.

Jedidiah appeared on the Modern Conservative Thinking podcast on August 6, 2019. In this episode, he talked on the significance of getting active in your community’s affairs. As an intern for Bob Ballinger’s 2018 senate campaign, he also referenced it. During his congressional campaign website, he stated that he had been Bob Ballinger’s campaign manager in 2018.

Democrat Doug Thompson tweeted on November 1, 2019, that Jed Duggar had verified to the paper that he was running for Arkansas State House District 89, and an official announcement was imminent.

On November 3, Jed made an official announcement about the campaign through Instagram. That was when he started his campaign website.

Megan Godfrey (D), the co-director of ESL for Fayetteville Schools and a PhD student, was the incumbent Democrat in the race.

Although the candidate has ran disparaging commercials and may have broken campaign finance laws by taking funds from a single source that exceeded the legal limit by three times. November 3, 2020, was the date of the election. It was a 10-point loss for Jed.

Champion Motorcars

As stated on his campaign website, Jed owns Champion Motorcars. This firm is listed as owned by Jed’s older brother, Josh Duggar, on his LinkedIn profile, but the information on the page is out-of-date, so it’s unclear if Josh is still a shareholder in the company or not.

Kendra Caldwell

Sources close to the Duggar family indicate that Jedidiah courted Kendra Caldwell previous to their current relationship with Joseph Duggar. A lot of people have speculated about these sources and their knowledge, but it has never been confirmed.

Summary

On December 30, 1998, Jed Duggar was born. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have eight children, and he is the eighth of those children. His parents began teaching him at home as soon as he was able. He owns Champion Motorcars, which his brother Josh lists on his LinkedIn page as owning.

Engagement

On March 18, 2021, the Nakatsu family blog announced that Jed had proposed to Katelyn on February 14, 2021.

Vows

As a part of their engagement vows, Jedidiah and Katelyn agreed they would not have any physical contact or time alone with one another going forward.

Jedidiah’s Vows

In front of God and our family and friends, I promise to marry you, Katelyn Nakatsu. It is now time to build a place for us to live after I’ve prepared my work and made it suitable for my professional needs. Until then, I promise to uphold your good name by remaining in plain view of others while we are in the same room.

As a promise to you, I will honour you with all three of my senses. While I wait for God’s permission to accept you as my wife, I’ll protect you by refraining from having any kind of physical contact with you until then.

Katelyn’s Vows

Jesus Christ’s cousin, Jedidiah Duggar as a sign of my acceptance of your proposal, I promise to be your wife when the Lord so commands. The church is dedicated to Christ, and now I’m dedicated to you. I give up everything else in order to be with you.

To that end, I pledge to prepare myself in anticipation of the day when God will reunite us as one body in Christ. If it’s the Lord’s will, I promise to make the most of the time I have left now by putting myself in position to be a godly wife and mother someday.

When I make a promise to God through Jed that I will guard and strengthen my Christian witness, I mean it. In order for you to be honoured at the city’s gates, of course. In the spirit of waiting patiently for our lord’s return, I promise to you that I will do the same.

Marriage

Josiah married Katelyn Nakatsu on April 3 of the year 2021. You Tube was the venue for the live broadcast of the nuptials.

Fatherhood

On September 5, 2021, Jedidiah and Katey announced that they were expecting their first child, due in April 2022, on their instagram account. The couple made the gender announcement on January 7, 2021.

Announcing the birth of their first child, Jedidiah and Katey Duggar made the announcement the night before, on May 3, 2022. In addition to his 8lb 5 oz weight, he measured 20.5in long.

Wedding involvement

• On September 26, 2008, Jedidiah was a groomsman at his brother Josh’s wedding to Anna Keller.

• In 2009, he served as a groomsman at the wedding of his parents, Jim Bob and Michelle.

• On February 4, 2012, he performed as a singer and violinist at the wedding of Priscilla Keller and David Waller, a family friend.

• His brother-in-law Derick Dillard married his sister Jill on June 21, 2014, and he served as one of the ushers.

• Jeremy Vuolo, his sister’s husband, was married on November 5, 2016, and he served as one of the ushers at the ceremony.

• On September 8, 2017, he served as a groomsman for his brother Joseph’s wedding to Kendra Caldwell.

• On June 30, 2018, he served as a groomsman at the wedding of his brother Josiah to Lauren Swanson.

• On November 19, 2021, he was a groomsman at the wedding of his family friend David Keller and Hannah Reber.

• When Jeremiah married Hannah Wissmann on March 26, 2022, he was the best man.

In Short

In 2021, Katelyn Nakatsu accepted Jedidiah Duggar’s proposal of marriage. Their engagement vows stipulated that they would not have any physical contact or time alone with one another in the future. On May 3, 2022, Jedidiah and Katey Duggar welcomed their first child, a boy, into the world. He weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces, and measured 20.5 inches tall.

Who Is Jed Duggar’s Wife Katey Nakatsu?

Katey, 23, is a mystery compared to Jed, 23, and the rest of his reality-show famous family. It’s not clear what she does for a living and she doesn’t have her own social media accounts. It was previously reported by CheatSheet, however, that Katey is a pilot who earned her Solo flight certificate in 2020.

Who Is Katey Duggar’s Family?

Katey’s family’s website has allowed Counting On fans to learn more about her. Katey grew up in an evangelical fundamentalist family, like the Duggars. As a result, she was sent to a brick-and-mortar school instead of being homeschooled like the reality stars. She also has divorced parents, Kory and Kim Nakatsu.

When Did Jed and Katey Duggar Get Married?

After a year of dating, Jed and Katey tied the knot in April 2021. "I’ve prayed for my future spouse for a long time, but I had no idea who it would be. In Katey, God has answered my prayers in ways I never dreamed possible.

In an Instagram post, Jed shared the news of the surprise wedding. “We’ve had a wonderful year together, and we couldn’t be happier with how our relationship has progressed.” Thanks to God’s providence, I now have the privilege of calling Katey my wife. Having the opportunity to spend the rest of my days with you makes me the happiest man alive.

According to Hello, the couple wed in an outdoor ceremony in Arkansas. Duggar twin brother Jeremiah served as best man and Katey’s sister served as maid of honour in this nuptial celebration. According to the podcast “Without a Crystal Ball,” they were engaged in March of 2021 after rumours of him secretly courting a woman began to circulate.

When Did Jed and Katey Have Their Baby?

Just five months after their private wedding, Jed and Katey announced that Katey was pregnant. In September 2021, the former TLC star wrote on Instagram, "She tested positive, but not for COVID. ". Katey was holding a sign that said, “And then there were.”

Katey’s pregnancy was the subject of a 10-minute YouTube video by the couple, in which they described it in great detail. On January 7, the newlyweds revealed that they were expecting a baby boy in a sweet gender reveal video that they posted on YouTube months after they wed.

Katey and Jed revealed the gender of their unborn child in a video titled “JED & KATEY DUGGAR – GENDER REVEAL!!!.” Jed hit a powdered ball with a baseball bat to reveal the gender of their first child. The blue smoke in the room indicated they were expecting a child, most likely a boy.

On May 2, 2022, the couple announced the birth of their son, Truett, keeping their fans up to date on their personal lives. On May 3, Jed took to Instagram to post the first images of their baby boy. Fans of Counting On were given an intimate look at the newborn baby in the slideshow’s first image, which showed the parents smiling as they held the child in hospital.

“He’s here!” Our hearts are overflowing with love for you, baby True! The post was captioned by Jed. His full name is Truett Oliver Duggar and he was born on May 2 at 6:34 p.m., he said. The baby was 20.5 inches long and weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces.

The meaning of their son’s name was also explained by the first-time father. He explained that Truett means “warrior for Christ” and Oliver means “peace,” and that these two words are related. Besides the Instagram post, the couple also made a YouTube video of their labour.

What Does Jed Duggar Do for a Living?

Since the premiere of their first special, 14 Kids and Pregnant Again, in 2004, the Duggars have been a TLC mainstay. However, despite the fact that the Duggar family’s TV show Counting On has been suspended due to Josh Duggar’s latest scandal, fans still follow the Duggar children and their various marriage announcements.

Jed Duggar is the newest member of the Duggar family to tie the knot and make a pregnancy announcement via social media. In 2021, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s tenth child, Jed, had a big year. The 22-year-old recently tied the knot, launched his own company, and learned he was going to be a father. The Duggar wedding was the most shocking moment for the show’s viewers.

Jed Duggar’s courtship and engagement were kept out of the public eye, unlike his nine married siblings. After all, Counting On fans were shocked when Jed Duggar announced that he was marrying Katey Nakatsu, 22, on April 3, 2021, at the age of 22.

After avoiding Duggar family fanfare in their courtship, engagement, and wedding ceremony, Katey and Jed are following in the footsteps of their ancestors when it comes to starting a family. Jed and Katey announced their pregnancy on social media just a few months after their wedding. They are expecting a baby in the spring of 2022. The 22-year-olds’ new family is a cause for celebration, but many people wonder how they’ll be able to afford it.

A jack of all trades

Known as a master of many trades, Jim Bob Duggar has made a fortune through a variety of business ventures. Many of Jim Bob’s children are involved in the real estate business, running a used car dealership, and flipping houses. Jed Duggar appears to be a jack of all trades, much like his father. He was flipping houses and working at his family’s used car dealership in Arkansas prior to marrying his wife.

As reported by The Sun, Jed Duggar plans to open his own real estate company in December 2020. Ambassador Properties, LLC is the name of Duggar’s new company. For a total of $7,000, Duggar purchased a.33-acre parcel of land through his LLC.

Even if Duggar decides to build a new home on the land, Jim Bob and Michelle have already provided him and his new wife with a 2,180-square-foot, three-bedroom house with three bathrooms. So it appears that Jed and Katey will be able to provide for their new baby with the help of all of his business endeavours and the support of his family.

Trying his hand at politics

Jed Duggar has also followed in his father’s footsteps by launching his own real estate company and working at the family car dealership. Jim Bob Duggar was a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002, according to Fandom. Almost two decades after his father’s death, Jed Duggar decided to enter the political arena.

Arkansas State Rep. Charlene Fite hired Jed Duggar as a legislative assistant in 2017. The Duggars ran for Arkansas State House District 89 two years later. As a 20-year-old Republican, Duggar took on the incumbent Democrat Megan Godfrey.

By a margin of ten percentage points, Duggar was defeated in the November 3, 2020 election. Duggar, who is still only in his early twenties, may yet have a long political career ahead of him. Jed Duggar and his growing family will have to wait and see what the future holds.

Frequently Asked Questions

Following are some frequently asked questions related to Jed Duggar.

1. Does Jed Duggar have a twin?

On April 3, 2021, Jed, 23, and Katey, also 23, exchanged vows and immediately began planning a family. They announced the birth of their first child, a son named Truett Oliver Duggar, on social media this morning. ‘It’s him!’ ‘True, we adore you!’ they exclaimed.

2. Is Jana Duggar in a relationship?

Lawson Bates, the brother of Jeremiah Duggar’s wife, Hannah Wissmann, comes from a family very close to the Duggars, so fans have speculated for years on who Jana might end up with despite her lack of public declaration.

3. Does Jana Duggar get married?

In spite of her status as the oldest daughter in the family, she hasn’t hesitated to speak out about how she doesn’t need a man in her life to be happy. Jana was born in 1990, so in 2021 she will be 31 years of age. 1

4. Is Jedidiah Duggar engaged?

Counting In just a month and a half after getting engaged, the show’s Jedidiah Duggar, 22, married his fiancée Katey Nakatsu, also 22. The wedding took place in Arkansas.

5. Where do Jed and Katey live?

COUNTING After Jed Duggar’s engagement to Katey Nakatsu, his new in-laws purchased a massive home with an in-ground pool and an outdoor kitchen, which they moved to Arkansas to live in.

6. Who is Jeremiah Duggar courting?

Jeremiah Duggar and Hannah Wissmann are engaged after a short courtship. Several photos of the proposal were included in an Instagram post by the 23-year-old native Arkansan on Thursday, January 6.

7. Who was in Jed Duggars wedding?

Also in attendance at Jed Duggar’s wedding were Josiah and Lauren, both 24 and 20 years old. Josiah, Lauren, and their daughter Bella were spotted front and centre in an unreleased family photo, which led some fans to speculate that the young mom was pregnant.

8. Who is the richest Duggar?

The answer is obvious. The net worth of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s sixth child is estimated to be around $2 million. Her ex-pro soccer player husband Jeremy is her life’s greatest joy and inspiration.

9. Are Jana and Lawson courting?

Lawson Bates, the star of Bringing Up Bates, proposed to Tiffany Espenson, his 22-year-old girlfriend. Lawson proposed to Jana Duggar at Senuta Larnianone in Siena, Italy, secretly arranging the sunset proposal while they were filming a music video together. The couple had been rumoured to be dating for some time.

10. Why was Jana Duggar charged endangering?

It was on September 10th that the former “19 Kids and Counting” star was charged with endangering a minor’s welfare. A misdemeanour charge of endangering the welfare of a child was brought against Jana Duggar in Arkansas in September.

Conclusion

On December 30, 1998, Jedidiah Duggar was born in the United States. Michelle and Jim-Bob Duggar have 19 children, the middle of whom is named Joseph. 19 Kids and Counting was a TLC reality show sensation starring the Duggar family. Capricorn is the zodiac sign of Jedidiah Duggar, according to astrologers.

He and his twin brother Jeremiah were born five minutes apart. There were two sets of twins in the family, with the first being Jana and John.