Proposal

Proposal,

Definition of Proposal:

1. A plan or suggestion, especially a formal or written one, put forward for consideration or discussion by others.

2. Solicited or unsolicited submission by one party to supply (or buy) certain goods or services to (or from) another. Unlike an offer, a proposal is not a promise or commitment but, if accepted by the other party, its proposer is expected to follow through and negotiate for the creation of a binding contract. If submitted in response to a request for proposals (RFP), it normally constitutes a bid.

3. An offer of marriage.

Synonyms of Proposal

Admonition, Advice, Advising, Advocacy, Aim, Ambition, Animus, Aspiration, Bid, Briefing, Caution, Caveat, Consultation, Council, Counsel, Desideration, Desideratum, Design, Designation, Desire, Determination, Direction, Draft, Effect, Engagement, Exhortation, Expostulation, Fixed purpose, Function, Game plan, Guidance, Hortation, Idea, Improper suggestion, Indecent proposal, Instance, Instruction, Intendment, Intent, Intention, Invitation, Layout, Marriage proposal, Meaning, Mind, Monition, Motion, Motive, Naming, Nisus, Nomination, Offer, Offer of marriage, Opinion, Outline, Parley, Pass, Plan, Point, Presentation, Proffer, Project, Projection, Proposition, Prospectus, Purpose, Recommendation, Remonstrance, Request, Resolution, Resolve, Sake, Scenario, Scheme, Sexual advance, Striving, Study, Suggestion, Tender, Thought, View, Warning, Will, Scheme, Plan, Project, Programme, Manifesto, Motion, Bid, Proposition, Presentation, Submission, Approach, Suggestion, Overture, Draft, Recommendation, Tender, Terms

How to use Proposal in a sentence?

1. I wanted to present my idea to my team and hopefully they would sign off on it so I worked very hard on my proposal .
  2. A set of proposals for a major new high-speed rail link.
  3. During the meeting he made a proposal to supply us with the building materials we need to complete the project.
  4. Surely a woman as beautiful as you has had proposals?.
  5. The proposal to buy the competition was voted on by all the stockholders and the decision was unanimously accepted on the first vote.

Meaning of Proposal & Proposal Definition