How To Delete Hotstar History?

One of the most well-known streaming services is Disney Plus Hotstar. Everyone may enjoy its exceptional selection of films, television programmes, and documentaries due to its inexpensive price. You may view a list of the series and movies you’ve already watched, similar to the majority of streaming services.

The Disney Hotstar:

The Walt Disney Company India owns the Indian brand of Disney+ Hotstar, also known as Hotstar, which is a paid over-the-top streaming service. Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, another branch of The Walt Disney Company, manages it.

The name was first used for a streaming service called Hotstar that included content from Disney Star’s regional networks, as well as content that was licenced from third parties including HBO and Showtime, as well as movies, TV shows, live sports, and original programming. Hotstar swiftly overtook other streaming services in India as mobile broadband usage increased significantly.

How to delete your Hotstar history:

Please take the following actions to delete your Disney Plus viewing history: your device’s Disney Plus app should now be open.
First, choose the “History” tab.
2. To access the History Settings menu, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the History screen.
3. Select “Watching History” from the “History Type” menu.
4. Click “Clear Watching History” under “History Preferences.”

How to Delete Recent Videos on Disney Plus

There is no Recently Watched section on Disney Plus. This indicates that nothing you’ve finished watching is saved. The Continue Watching area of Disney Plus does not, however, offer the ability to delete content.
It will be in the Continue Watching or Watchlist area if you’re worried that someone will see what you’ve viewed. You’ll learn how to control all the movies you’ve already seen in this article.

Can You Delete Items From Disney Plus’s Recently Watched List?

Disney+ has yet to include a viewing history area or even a button to remove your watch history, in contrast to Hulu or Netflix. Disney+, like the other platforms, offers suggestions based on your past choices, which makes this situation much more regrettable.
Without the opportunity to delete a viewing history, how can you tailor your Disney+ choices? All of the options for deleting the recently viewed list are listed in the sections that follow.

Establish a second profile

Maybe you want to watch a show that you don’t want others to know about, or maybe you don’t want Disney Plus to suggest shows based on what you’ve watched in the past. We will need to create and remove a profile because we are unable to erase our recently watched titles.

However, you are unable to remove your Disney Plus account’s primary profile. Therefore, you must make a temporary one that you can remove afterwards. All of the associated watch history is deleted along with the profile when it is deleted from your account.
The following procedures are the best way to delete recently seen movies:

1. To access Disney Plus, launch the app and log in.
  2. Then select + Add Profile from the menu.
  3. For your profile, pick a photo and enter a name.
  4. Click Done in the top right corner to finish.
  5. Now Watch the media you want to.
  6. Click on the Edit Profiles link on the home page to clear the profile’s history.
  7. On the profile you used to watch movies, click the pen icon.
  8. Click on “Delete Profile” after scrolling down.
    You won’t have to stress any longer over unrelated title suggestions or the inability to remove your recent viewing history.

Remove the content from your watchlist

The corporation still hasn’t introduced a feature to delete the content, despite the addition of the “Recently Watched” section. You can, however, remove items from your Watchlist. You must add items to your Watchlist that you might want to view later in order to distinguish between them. Simply said, it makes finding the stuff you want to watch easier (especially if you have kids who watch the same movie over and over again).

Do this in order to delete something from your Watchlist:

1. Open Disney Plus on your device, then select Watchlist from the menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Select the “Checkmark” button in the corner of the thumbnail of the item you want to delete. It will be taken off your list as a result.

Most of the time, this will work, but occasionally there may be a malfunction that prevents you from removing a certain item. It can take a few tries, but ultimately it will work.

How to Take Content Off of Disney+'s Continue Watching List

A Disney+ movie is added to your Continue Watching list if you don’t complete watching it. For TV series, you’ll either watch an incomplete episode or the following one. It’s easy to continue up where you left off because Continue Watching has its own dedicated row on your Disney+ homepage across all of your devices.
But what if you want to organize it and take anything out of it? Your half-watched movies remain on your list for months, and the list quickly becomes disorganized and difficult to manage. Disney+ doesn’t make it as easy to remove something from Continue Watching as Netflix does with a specific button.

1. Remove Something from the Disney+ Continue Watching Row by Skipping to the End

By skipping to the end of the film or television programme, you can deceive the system into thinking you’ve finished viewing it and delete it from the row. This is the first way to remove something off your Continue Watching list.

This makes for the easiest movie. Pick it from the list, advance to just before the credits, and then start the video. You should be safe when Disney+ cuts down the film to suggest what you should watch next. Disney+ is a little picky about this, though. Wait until the movie is finished and the progress meter is entirely empty to be safe.
The movie should now be listed as finished and removed from your Continue Watching row.

Disney+ fast-forward through The Incredibles 2

A TV show presents a little more of a challenge because, even if you skip to the conclusion of an episode, the following episode or season will be added to your Continue Watching row. As a result, you must see the season’s last episode. To see all the seasons, you might need to search for the show on your device rather than choosing from the Continue Watching row. Skip to the end of the final episode once you’ve reached it.
Always make sure to jump to right before the credits when using either technique. Disney+ frequently doesn’t recognize this as a completed viewing if you go right to the very end and occasionally resets your viewing progress entirely, keeping it in your Continue Watching list.

2. Make a new profile to clear your watchlist.

Making a new profile is the alternate choice. Per Disney+ subscription, a total of seven profiles are permitted. The watching of each profile is independent, therefore if you establish a new profile, your Continue Watching row will be blank. Consider this the last resort because you might wish to keep some of the items in your Continue Watching row, plus you’ll lose your Disney+ watchlist.

On Disney+, turn off autoplay.

It might be annoying for content to remain on your Disney+ Continue Watching list, whether you got bored with a TV show or simply wanted to view a certain movie scene again. You now know how to get rid of it, but not the best way. Disney should hopefully make things simpler in the future.

Make sure auto-play is off on your Disney+ profile till then. You don’t want that to show up under Continue Viewing if another movie starts playing automatically after you’ve finished watching one.

Summary:

Depending on the Android smartphone you are using, the precise procedures to access the Disney Plus cache settings may differ significantly, but following these should get you there:

1. Open the “Settings” app on your phone or tablet.
  2. Select “Apps” and scroll down the list of installed apps on your phone or TV until you see Disney Plus. Tap it.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, click “Storage” and then “Clear cache.”

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

1. How can I see my Disney Plus watch history?

Disney Plus regrettably does not allow you to view your watch history. The majority of the movies you’ve watched may be in the “Continue Watching” area, but this merely serves to suggest movies to you. This implies that you are unable to examine every thing you have already viewed.

2. Will we ever get the opportunity to remove our watch history on Disney Plus?

Sadly, there is no indication from the corporation that the functionality is under development. However, you can ask for a Recently Watched category by completing the Give Feedback Form.

Our reasoning behind submitting this form is based on the assumption that Disney Plus developers will eventually add the feature if enough people request it.

3. Why does Continue Watching on Disney+ keep playing the content I’ve already completed watching?

Disney Plus, however, still has some bugs, and reappearing content is no exception. There isn’t much you can do besides wait it out if you’ve watched a title all the way through (through the credits) and it doesn’t disappear.

Of course, some users have succeeded in closing and reopening the app. The title will eventually vanish.

4. How can I see what I’ve watched on Disney Plus?

Visit the “My Account” area of the Disney Plus app and sign in to see your Disney Plus watching history. You can access all of the movies and TV episodes you’ve viewed as well as any extra content you’ve bought from there.

5. How can I view the activity log with Disney Plus?

Visit the “My Account” area of the Disney Plus app and choose “Activity Log” to view your Disney Plus activity log. You’ll see a list of all the films, television programmes, and activities you’ve taken part in or viewed since your account was active.

6. Can shows be hidden on Disney Plus?

On Disney Plus, you may indeed conceal shows. Select the show you wish to conceal by going to the “My Shows” area of the app. Select the “Hide Show” button after that.

7. How do I remove my Disney Plus Hotstar watching history?

Open the app and choose “History” from the “My Account” page to remove your watching history from Disney Plus Hotstar. From this point, you can erase all of your watched content by choosing any date or time frame.

8. How do I view my Netflix viewing history?

On Netflix, there isn’t a simple way to examine your viewing history, but you can attempt the following:
-Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Choose “History.”
-A list of every Netflix movie and TV show you’ve seen will be displayed.

9. How do I view the history of Prime Video?

Prime video history can be viewed in a variety of ways. Others might like to watch older prime videos that they may have missed the first time around. Some individuals prefer to view Prime Video history by subscribing to a channel and watching all of their previous videos. No approach is incorrect as long as you are having fun with it.

10. How do you check your Apple TV history?

Open the Settings app on your phone or tablet and choose “History” to view your Apple TV’s history. You can examine recent searches, television shows, and movie trailers from this page.

Conclusion:

Depending on their package, Hotstar customers can stream material on up to four devices at once, and certain content can be downloaded for offline viewing. The majority of content may be streamed in resolutions as high as 1080p. In this article we discussed different ways to clear the history of Disney Plus Hotstar.

Related Articles:

1. Disney XD Old Shows
  2. Disney Princess Names
  3. Where can I watch Spider-Man, Homecoming