BMW F30

BMW F30 is a car Powered by BMW car company, it was available from 2011 to 2019 with the 3.0L engine. BMW F30 is so reliable and luxurious car which still have good market value. This car is still considered as reliable car for regular use.

BMW F30

:eight_pointed_black_star: About BMW F30

:small_red_triangle_down: Quick Information

Name BMW F30
Manufacturer BMW
Production October 2011 – 2019
Class Compact executive car (D)
Wheelbase 2,810–2,920 mm (110.6–115.0 in)
Length 4,620–4,824 mm (181.9–189.9 in)
Width 1,811–1,828 mm (71.3–72.0 in)
Height 1,430–1,508 mm (56.3–59.4 in)

The BMW F30 , BMW F31, and BMW F34 compact executive vehicles make up the sixth generation of the BMW 3 Series. From October 2011 until April 2019, the F30/F31/F34 generation was produced, which is commonly referred to as the F30.

The coupé and convertible variants were separated to form the new BMW 4 Series moniker for the sixth generation. BMW also produced a different hatchback variant, the 3 Series Gran Turismo, under the 3 Series moniker.

Options often depreciate quicker than the vehicle to which they are attached, so keep an eye out for free extras. Folding rear seats is a desirable option, but avoid big wheels that add nothing to the ride.

Maintaining a complete BMW service history may be costly, but it will always pay dividends in terms of easier resale. Nonetheless, do not overlook the very qualified BMW experts who may save you money and have greater knowledge with older, leggier BMWs.

The M3 variant (marked F80) was debuted in 2014 and is powered by a twin-turbocharged straight-six engine with a displacement of S55. The BMW 3 Series (G20) was launched in March 2019 as the successor to the F30.

The F30 acquired an amazing lineup of engines during its first year on the market, with standouts including the smooth and ■■■■■ 320d, the snarling 330d, the creamy but potent 328i, and its more economical 1.6-liter turbocharged sibling, the 320i Efficient Dynamics.

The 320d and 330d were launched with EU6 compliance. Buyers may opt for between a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic transmission, both of which are excellent. The three-year-old F30 underwent a facelift in 2015, with restyled front and rear ends, LED headlights, and a revamped interior.

Simultaneously, the range expanded with the addition of new engines like as the three-cylinder 318i, the 99g/km CO2 320d ED, and the very speedy 340i. The chassis and transmissions were upgraded, and modern infotainment systems were included.

Summary

The F30 generation of the 3 Series is the first to be powered completely by turbocharged engines with electronic power steering (replacing the hydraulic power steering systems used previously). Additionally, the F30 was the first time the 3 Series used a three-cylinder engine in its 2015 facelift. Additionally, in 2016, a new plug-in hybrid F30 model was debuted. In China, a car with an extended wheelbase (model number F35) was marketed.

:eight_pointed_black_star: What is the BMW F30’s technological package?

BMW F30's technological package

While the current G20 3 Series offers more technical features than its predecessor, this does not imply the F30 must be without. If you’re in the market for a used F30 3 Series and having a vehicle equipped with the newest technology is important to you, it may be worthwhile to go for one equipped with the Technology Package.

The Technology Package comprises the following:

• Lock and unlock your doors remotely from your smartphone, as well as operate the ■■■■.

• The iDrive navigation system provides real-time traffic updates, assisting you in avoiding traffic congestion.

• The whole BMW navigation system, including the bigger iDrive screen.

• Use your iDrive to access Facebook, Twitter, news, and other online stuff.

• Conveniently observe critical driving information projected onto the bottom portion of the windshield.

• The 6WB digital cluster has a digital display with vehicle information.

Summary

The technology bundle excludes Enhanced Bluetooth (S6NSA), which was previously offered separately. Enhanced Bluetooth is optimised for smartphone integration, allowing you to browse your phone’s music collection over Bluetooth, couple two phones, and access your messages, emails, and calendar events via BMW’s Mobile Office function on the iDrive screen.

:eight_pointed_black_star: BMW F30 Models

BMW F30 Models

:small_red_triangle_down: BMW F30 320i

An entry level 3 series, the F30 320i, is offered by BMW in the F30 generation. The N20 engine is used in the earlier versions until 2015, while the B48 engine is used in the latter variants.

The 320i, on the other hand, employs de-tuned engines. Both have the same 180 hp output. While the N20 generates 200 lb-ft of torque, the B48 delivers 214 lb-ft of torque. It’s possible, though, to increase the 320i’s power and torque to the same levels as the 328i and 330i with a tune.

Smaller pistons are used in the 320i, as well as a smaller exhaust system. Though they’re still strong engines capable of producing almost 300 horsepower with a simple tune and bolt-ons.

All in all, anticipate the 320i to be a fun and sporty vehicle! The 320i is lighter than the bigger 6-cylinder 335i and 340i models. For the most part, the weight savings are concentrated on the front axle.

This makes the F30 320i a well-balanced, agile vehicle. The N20 and B48 are torque-happy engines that perform well in the lower and mid-range, despite their modest base power outputs. You can, of course, upgrade the 320i with a tune and bolt-ons and make it your own.

:small_red_triangle_down: BMW 328i F30

328i’s 2.0L single turbo N20 engine powered the F30 328i from 2011 to 2015. It has 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque from the factory, which isn’t bad for a 4-cylinder engine. It also helps that the tiny engine gets an admirable 23 mpg in the city and a decent 35 mpg on the road. Because of this, people who utilise the power on a regular basis are likely to have less desirable results.

The 328i, like the 320i, weighs in at roughly 3,400 pounds when equipped with rear-wheel drive. This may not appear to be a light vehicle, but in a world where automobiles are becoming bigger and bigger, it holds its own. For moderate enthusiasts, the 328i should be a lively, agile car with lots of power and torque.

:small_red_triangle_down: BMW 330i F30

From 2016 until 2019, the F30 330i was BMW’s replacement for the 328i. The 330i gets a slight facelift (LCI) and the new B48 2.0L single-turbo engine for the first time. Its performance is comparable to that of the previous 328i N20.

With 248 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, acceleration is quicker than before, taking only 5.4 seconds from halt to 60 mph, down from 5.4 seconds in the 328i. The N20-powered 328i’s weight and handling are same. Compared to the bigger turbo inline 6’s on the list, they’re both agile and keep a little weight off the front axle.

:small_red_triangle_down: The BMW F30 335i

F30 335i production began in the United States in 2012 and continued until 2015. E90 chassis 335i vehicles from 2012 were also made, therefore there was some overlap. From the factory, it has a 3.0L single-turbo N55 engine that produces 300hp and 300tq.

RWD 335i models, on the other hand, weigh in at over 3600 pounds. Comparatively speaking, it gains roughly 150 pounds over the 328i and 330i. In addition, the bigger engine places a majority of the additional weight on the front axle. There is a tiny loss of agility with the addition of a few pounds, but it’s still a terrific driving machine. Out of bends, the 300 horsepower and torque provide plenty of acceleration.

:small_red_triangle_down: BMW 340i F30

A year after the 328i was replaced, the 340i was introduced to take its place. BMW’s B58 3.0L single turbo engine powers the F30 340i. However, BMW’s legendary inline-6 engines have survived generational shifts and engine evolution. The B58 now has 320 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque. ZF 8-speed automatic transmissions are also available. With an automatic transmission, the RWD 340i can accelerate from rest to 60mph in in 4.4 seconds.

The 340i is somewhat heavier than the 335i. The 335i’s weight is 3,555 lbs. In comparison to the 4-cylinder engines, a large portion of the additional weight is located in the front wheels. F30 340i, on the other hand, has a great deal of agility. Overall, it’s an enjoyable vehicle with enough power and torque for most people to enjoy. The B58 340i is a great vehicle for those who desire more.

Summary

BMW’s F30 3-series has a wide range of models and powertrains to provide you a choice. As the F30s get older, their prices drop, making them more affordable to a wider range of buyers. When compared to the power steering of the preceding E90 generation, we don’t like the electronic steering as much. The BMW F30, on the other hand, is the superior car to drive both theoretically and practically.

:eight_pointed_black_star: BUYER ALERT!

BMW Buying Guide

:small_red_triangle_down: Engine

If you hear a ticking noise coming from your vehicle’s timing chain, it might be caused by a worn tensioner. It’s possible that the timing chain on the N20 four-cylinder petrol engine will break down at some point. Noises such as whining or rattling might serve as warning signals.

The Vanos engine timing solenoids of six-cylinder engines can malfunction, resulting in harsh idling and a loss of power. A clogged DPF or a blocked EGR valve might be the cause of a rough-running diesel. If you own an F30, make sure it starts right up because starter motor issues are fairly unusual.

:small_red_triangle_down: Transmission

Pay attention to the vehicle’s rear differential when it’s being driven past you. BMWs that haven’t had their differential fluid replaced in a while are prone to this issue. The dual mass flywheel has a history of early failure if the gearchange is obstructive, there are unpleasant vibrations when changing gears, or you hear rattling noises. A sluggish automatic transmission may just be in need of new fluid and filters.

:small_red_triangle_down: Recalls

There have been a few recalls on the F30 3 Series, some of which have been pretty significant, so be sure they’ve been taken care of.

:small_red_triangle_down: Suspension and braking

When making an offer, take into account the fact that the model is well-known for tearing through pads and discs.

:small_red_triangle_down: Body Check

Constant condensation, as well as a tight seal around the rear lights. Water can get inside a boot if it’s too weak. If you see any flaws, check the bonnet and wings thoroughly.

:small_red_triangle_down: Interior

Corrosion in the front seat frames might cause squeaking. Ask BMW for an upgrade to the Bluetooth system because it doesn’t always work with a phone. Odometer reading should match previous MOTs and bills, thus verify it. Listen for excessive air flow from the windows when driving on the highway. Resetting the system may be all that’s needed to revive a lifeless entertainment device.

Summary

The good news is that you can visually inspect the chain by removing the oil filler cap, but if it’s making a lot of noise, you’re better off just walking away. Timing chain failures in diesel engines have decreased significantly since 2015.

:eight_pointed_black_star: Body styles of BMW 3 Series

Body styles of BMW 3 Series

:small_red_triangle_down: Sedan (F30)

Of March 2012, the F30 sedan made its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show and went on sale as the first vehicle in BMW’s sixth generation. BMW’s 328i and 335i were the first models to be released, while the 330i and 340i were released subsequently. It was in March 2012 that the 320i, 318d, and 316d models were added to the F30 line-up In the fall of 2012, the 320i Efficient Dynamics Series and 316i were added.

There had not been a four-cylinder BMW 3 Series on sale in the US since the E36 318i in the late 1990s when the new four-cylinder variants were introduced. In the summer of 2012, the 328i xDrive and 335i xDrive went on sale.

:small_red_triangle_down: Touring (F31)

In 2012, the “Touring” wagon/estate body design was presented at the Auto Mobil International in Leipzig. The 328i, 320d, and 330d were the first vehicles to be released in this body type, which bears the F31 designation. In the fall of 2012, the 320i, 316d, and 318d models were added.

:small_red_triangle_down: Gran Turismo (F34)

The 3 Series Gran Turismo is advertised as a 5-door fastback with looks reminiscent of the 5 Series Gran Turismo. The 3 Series GT has a rear hatchback, however it is not regarded a replacement for the 3 Series Compact 3-door hatchbacks that were produced from 1993 to 2004. In the G20 3 Series, the Gran Turismo body type was dropped since it failed to sell as well as the previous version.

The F34 has a length of 4,824 mm (189.9 in), which is 200 mm (7.9 in) longer than the sedan and Touring versions. The F35 extended wheelbase sedan variants share a 110 mm (4.3 in) larger wheelbase, allowing for this additional length.

There is also a noticeable difference in height between the F30/F31 by 79 millimetres (3.1 inches). In order to accommodate three full-size rear seats, the rear wheels have been relocated further back and lower in relation to the rear seat.

At the 2013 Geneva International Motor Show, the F34 variant was presented. At the time of the vehicle’s introduction, the engine lineup included turbocharged gasoline and diesel units with four or six cylinders. When the facelift was released for the other body styles of the F30 generation in mid-2016, it was a year before it was applied to F34.

:small_red_triangle_down: LWB sedan (F35)

The Chinese market was served with a long-wheelbase sedan type with the F35 name. As a result, the wheelbase is raised by 110 mm (4.3 inches) to 2,920 mm (115.0 inches) and the total length is increased by 90 mm (3.5 inches) (186.4 in). There is chrome trim on the doors to distinguish this model from the ordinary F30 sedans built by BMW in Shenyang.

At the 2012 Auto China show in Beijing, the F35 was debuted. The 320Li, 328Li, and 335Li were the first three models. The 316Li, 320Li, 328Li, 328Li xDrive, and 335Li were among the post-facelift (LCI) models.

:eight_pointed_black_star: How to code your BMW F30

Your F30’s coding capabilities go much beyond remote window control. Several iDrive features may be customised via coding, allowing you to create a vehicle that is tailored to your preferences. Depending on your car, we may code it through cable or USB.

F30 models from the 2011-2013 model years, as well as vehicles lacking high-end equipment or navigation features, can be coded through a wire. An ENET connection is needed to connect your laptop to your BMW’s OBD port so that you may programme. It’s possible for us to remotely programme your F30 via this link.

Most F30s with an NBT or NBT Evo head unit can be programmed through USB. For utmost simplicity, you may just connect a USB flash drive into your car’s USB port and code your vehicle at any time.

:small_red_triangle_down: What can you do with a BMW F30 in terms of coding?

It’s possible to customize your F30 with a wide range of choices. These are some of the most popular choices:

These are some of the most popular choices:

• Allow your passengers to enjoy videos and movies while you’re driving.

• Deactivate the legal disclaimer that appears when you start your BMW.

• Make your F30 and smartphone work better together

• Tire pressure may be checked on the iDrive screen via RDC Safety.

• Register your new car battery so that you may extend the life of your vehicle (find out more on Battery registration).

:eight_pointed_black_star: F30 Handling Testing

Despite our dislike, it is a necessary evil. What’s the matter? Once again, the F30 generation has been snubbed. Let’s begin with the positive aspects first. Overall, the F30 chassis performs better than the previous E90 generation. The F30 is a superior car based only on the stats. In the actual world, it’s much better.

It’s not all bad, though. Comparing the F30 to the E90, we find the latter’s steering and handling to be sluggish. There is a growing tendency for electronic steering in the automotive industry, similar to the movement toward turbo engines. Somehow, this has to do with emissions. Electronic steering is supposed to reduce emissions, but we don’t know why. The F30, though, doesn’t excite us as much.

For decades, the 3 series has been referred to as a milestone in the automobile industry. Other vehicle manufacturers aspire to accomplish this in their sports versions too. That’s something the other manufacturers couldn’t even come close to matching, let alone surpassing. However, the F30 brings the gap closer than ever. The electronic steering, in our opinion, is mostly to fault.

Summary

Despite the fact that BMW’s power steering is fantastic, it doesn’t have the best feel. Having a feeling of what the automobile is about to do, you have time to respond. BMW F30 electric steering tells you what’s going on right in front of your eyes. Our take is that it’s less exciting overall.

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

People asked many questions about BMW F30. We discussed a few of them below:

:one: What kind of engine is the BMW F30?

BMW’s B58 3.0L single turbo engine powers the F30 340i. However, BMW’s legendary inline-6 engines have survived generational shifts and engine evolution. The B58 now has 320 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque. ZF’s 8-speed automatic transmission is also available in manual variants.

:two: Is a BMW 320i fast?

There are four doors and five seats in this rear wheel-drive front-engined midsize car. BMW’s B48B20 turbocharged 2 Liter 16v Inline 4 gasoline engine (BMW B48B20) reaches 62 mph in under 7.2 seconds and has a top speed of 148 mph.

:three: Which is superior, G20 or F30?

Overall, the G20’s interior looks and feels more contemporary and high-quality than the F30’s Dakota leather, which is a major upgrade. This automobile has several really cool features. The F30’s self-driving mode makes the G20 feel like a newer model when compared to the F30.

:four: How long can you expect the BMW F30 to last?

The F30 has a solid reputation for dependability. It’s not uncommon to hear about “issues,” but most of the time it’s because of the vehicle’s high mileage. There are several costs associated with maintaining a BMW.

:five: Which BMW 3 Series has a turbocharger?

There are several engine options for the BMW 3 Series. Turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine with 180 horsepower and 200 pound feet of torque powers the standard BMW 320i.

:six: What is the difference between F30 and E90?

Comfortable, luxurious, more dependable, and quicker than the E90, the F30 is a better choice. However, most of us will have to settle with the E90 because of budgetary constraints. As long as money wasn’t an issue, the F30 would be the clear victor. It doesn’t matter how much money you have, the F30 is still the best.

:seven: If so, what kind of engine does the BMW 335i have?

When it comes to power, the 335i is a direct injection direct turbo 3.0 with 75 percent of the projected power of the M3 V8. German carmaker BMW claims that the world’s first twin turbo inline-six represents its future in delivering efficient high performance.

:eight: What is a BMW E30 model?

From 1982 through 1994, BMW developed the second generation of the 3 Series, the E30, which superseded the E21. For the first time, the 3 Series was available in 4-door sedan and wagon/estate body styles, as well as 2-door sedan and convertible models.

:nine: What does F30 mean on BMW?

Internally, the F30 is BMW’s designation for the 6th generation of the 3 Series sedan. To distinguish it from other BMW 3 Series models, such as the E90 and E46, this model code is used.

:keycap_ten: What kind of car is F30?

Of March 2012, the F30 sedan made its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show and went on sale as the first vehicle in BMW’s sixth generation. BMW’s 328i and 335i were the first models to be released, while the 330i and 340i were released subsequently. It was in March 2012 that the 320i, 318d, and 316d models were added to the F30 line-up

:closed_book: Conclusion

On October 28, 2011, the first F30 sedans began rolling off the assembly line. In June of this year, manufacture of the F31 Touring came to an end. In addition to Germany (Munich and Regensburg), South Africa (Rosslyn, till 2018), India (Chennai), China (Shenyang), and Brazil, sedan and waggon variants were made in each of these countries (Araquari).

BMW Dingolfing in Germany built the Gran Turismo models. For automobiles sold in Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, Russia, and Thailand, CKD kits were assembled locally. The F30 sedan’s exterior designer was Christopher Weil, while the F31 Touring’s exterior designer was Michael de Bono. The F30 was introduced on October 14, 2011, in Munich, and went on sale on February 11, 2012, with the first customer deliveries.

Related Articles

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/bmw-i8-specs/122934

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/are-bmw-expensive-to-maintain/108806

https://howtodiscuss.com/t/bmw-art-car/119072