System preferences mac

System preferences mac

How do I Access System Preferences? There are several ways to access the system settings. The first way is to go to the dock, then move the arrow until Voice Over says "System Preferences", then press VO + Spacebar, which will open System Preferences. Another way to open System Preferences is to do a Spotlight search.

Where do I find System Preferences?

The system settings are located in the Applications folder and are arranged alphabetically. It can also be found by clicking once on the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen. It can also be found by pressing the spacebar at the same time and typing sys and the System Preferences will appear.

Where is System Preferences Mac?

The System Preferences application (essentially your Mac preferences) is located in the Applications folder. It is also available from the Apple menu at the top left of the screen (click on the Apple logo).

How do you change your system settings?

Enter Settings in the search bar on the taskbar next to the Windows icon to open the Settings app. Click System to change and configure your PC's basic settings, such as display, notifications, applications and multitasking, tablet mode, power saving mode, power consumption and sleep mode, default storage and applications, and more.

Is Mac OS still called Macintosh?

MacOS, formerly known as Mac OS X 2001 to 2012 and OS X to 2016, is the name of a computer operating system manufactured by Apple Inc. They are known as Macintosh computers or Mac computers. It differs from other computers in that macOS is designed to run only on Mac and not on other computers.

Access database system

Microsoft Access is a Microsoft Database Management System (DBMS) that combines the Microsoft Jet relational database engine with a graphical user interface and software development tools. You are a member of the Microsoft 365 App Suite, which is included in the Professional edition and above, or sold separately.

How do I create a Microsoft Access database?

Create a Microsoft Access database Start Microsoft Access and then create a new empty database called. Create a new table called Contacts by following these steps: In the Objects section, click Tables. Make sure to create a new table called "Contacts".

What are the steps to create a database?

Steps to manually create a database
Step 1 : Determine the name of your DB instance (I used MTEST here)
Step 2 : Create a file with the minimum and mandatory requirements
Step 3 : Create the required directory structure.
Step 4 : Connect to the SQL prompt and start with the nomount option.
Step 5 : ■■■■■■■ the database creation statement.

What is Microsoft Access database management?

Microsoft Access is a database management system (DBMS) used to store and manage data. Access is part of the Microsoft 365 suite and is designed for business and corporate users. While both are related to record keeping, Access and Excel are very different programs. Visit the Insiders Technical Help Library for more information.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What is the best database management software?

Oracle Database is the most widely used relational database management software for objects. The latest version of this tool is 12c, where c stands for cloud computing. It is compatible with multiple versions of Windows, UNIX and Linux.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I Reset my preferences?

To reset your preferences: Launch Home Designer and choose File > New Subscription. Choose Edit > Preferences to open the Preferences dialog box. In the Options dialog box, click the Reset Options panel. Click the "Reset Settings" button to restore all settings that originally came with the program.

How do I change my preferences?

To open the Preferences dialog box, choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Premiere Elements > Preferences (Mac OS) and select the category of preferences you want to change. To restore the default settings, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching the application.

How do I install Microsoft Access?

The installation process of Access is simple. Make sure your system meets the basic access requirements. Make sure your operating system is up to date. Insert the Office CD into your CD-ROM drive. In the next step you will be asked to enter your product key and accept the terms of the license agreement.

What is Microsoft Access and what do you use it for?

One of the most common uses of Microsoft Access is to keep it as the interface to the most commercially efficient DBMS. For example, Access can connect to an Oracle database so that business applications written in Access can connect to the data in the Oracle database. Access can also interface to SQL Server and Sybase.

:brown_circle: What are the system requirements for Microsoft Access?

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit operating systems or 20 GB for 64-bit operations bit system video card bit: DirectX 9 or higher with WDDM driver.

What does Microsoft Access stand for?

Microsoft Access, also known as Microsoft Office Access, is a Microsoft database management system that combines the Microsoft Jet relational database engine with a graphical user interface and software development tools.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do i access system preferences on ipad

On an iPad, this applies to things like turning Wi-Fi access on and off, setting the wallpaper, setting up email accounts, and any other settings you may have configured.

How do I Access System Preferences in Apple?

To open System Preferences, click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences. When you open System Preferences, you will see a grid of icons.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where is system services in iPhone / iPad settings?

System services can be found in iPhone/iPad Settings and this text will guide you step by step to find them.
Step 1 : Go to "Settings" and open "Privacy".
Step 2 : Select Location services.
Step 3 : Search for system services in the list.

Where do I find the settings on my iPad?

You can access the settings by touching the icon on the home screen. Settings provide easy access to many things, including notifications and privacy settings. In this lesson, you'll focus on the Touch ID and Password, General, and Privacy sections. In the Touch ID and Password section, you can configure the security to unlock your iPad.

How to access system preferences without mouse

System Preferences is the central place where Mac users can make changes to the operating system, customize hardware, and customize features like Siri and parental controls. Most people open System Preferences by clicking it in the Dock. However, there are at least six other ways to access the system settings.

How to select Apple Menu without a mouse?

Q: Q: How to select Apple menu without mouse Answer: A: Press CNTL FN F2 and it will be highlighted, down arrow to expand and down arrow to select and enter your function. Open the accessibility area in the system preferences and activate the mouse buttons. It may not work with all keyboards.

:brown_circle: How do I enable Mouse on my keyboard?

Open the accessibility area in the system preferences and activate the mouse buttons. It may not work with all keyboards. Press CNTL FN F2 and the icon will be highlighted, the down arrow to expand and the down arrow to select and enter your function.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I Turn On My Mouse on my Mac?

In System Preferences, go to the Accessibility section, click the Mouse & Trackpad tab, and then enable Mouse Buttons. You can then move the mouse and even click the buttons you want. Before you rely more on a keyboard (rather than a mouse), keyboard shortcuts may seem less intuitive than a mouse.

What is card access control system?

A card access control system is one of the most common forms of electronic door control that uses a magnetic stripe card that plugs into a reader on the door. Hotels often use this system to generate temporary room keys.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What is gate access control system?

DOOR CONTROL. Gate Control is a true embedded client/server software. Any access control device, such as barcode, transponder, key fob, etc. it is displayed in real time on the server of the access control system with equal and simultaneous access to the server.

What is a key card access?

Access card with key. (Engineering) A physical security system in which doors are opened by placing a magnetically encoded information icon next to a reader. Some systems also require you to enter this information using the keyboard.

:brown_circle: What is a key card system?

Access card systems work with the relationship between a plastic card and electronic access control locks. Each card is programmed to respond to a specific key card reader, lock or set of locks. An individual access card is programmed by a computer with a unique electronic signature.

:brown_circle: Where do they find system properties?

You can also right-click the computer icon, if it is available on the desktop, and select Properties from the context menu to open the System Properties window. When the computer window finally opens, you can click System Properties at the top of the window to open the Control Panel. This article can help you.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where can I find "system properties settings"?

6 ways to open the properties of a computer/system in Windows 10: Method 1. Activate it via the context menu of this PC.
Step 1 .: Right click on "This PC" and select "Properties" from the menu.
Step 2 .: In the system window, select "Remote Settings", "System Protection" or "Advanced System Settings". Method 3: Activate it with keyboard shortcuts. Press Windows + Pause / Pause on your keyboard.
Step 1.
Step 2 .

Where can I find email preferences?

Click Email in the main menu bar. Scroll down and tap Settings. In the left column, click on the email account whose settings you want to view. Click the Account Information tab to view your account email settings.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Where do I find system configuration?

Click System Settings. It's the computer monitor icon at the top of the startup window. This will open the System Configuration Utility.

Where is the preferences tab?

Click the menu icon to open the settings. Credit: Image Courtesy of Apple. Click the little menu icon in the top right corner of iTunes 12, then choose Preferences from the drop-down menu. By default, the Settings window opens with the General tab.

What is a Master preference?

The main configuration file contains the default settings that users get (for example, the home page). The first time a user starts Chrome on the target system, they use this file to configure the desired settings and do the same for all subsequent users.

Where do i find system preferences on macbook pro

To launch it, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. When the System Preferences window appears, locate the search box in the top right corner of the window and click on it. In the search box, enter one or two words that describe what you are looking for.

Where can I find the settings on my Mac?

• Open System Preferences as usual.
  • Click Notifications.
  • In the left column, select the application whose settings you want to change.
  • Here you can disable notifications completely by clicking the "Allow Notifications" button in .
  • Notifications from applications and systems often appear as banners in the top right corner of the screen.

Where are Mac system icons?

Where are the Mac System Icons and Default Icons in Mac OS X? Mac OS X system icons adorn almost everything in the Finder and on the desktop, from standard folder icons to standard Mac OS X icons, Finder sidebar items, and a few toggles in Mac OS X….

:brown_circle: Where is profiles on Mac?

Mac HD / Users / / Library / ColorSync / Profile profiles in this location can only be used by this user. Profiles can be found in all Windows operating systems: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Driver\Color. If you can't find your profile in the default location, search for *.icc or *.icm to find all profiles on your system.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where do i find system preferences on my iphone

On Mac OS X, your preferences file is located in this folder: If you don't see the Libraries folder, go to the Finder, hold down the Option key and choose the Go menu. You should see Library as one of the options.

How do you reset your iPhone settings?

Follow these steps to reset the iPhone: Go to the iPhone Home screen by pressing the Home button once. From the home screen, tap Settings. Settings, scroll down and go to General. General Settings, scroll down and tap Reset. desired reset setting.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where is iOS settings?

Use this to quickly find and access Settings on iOS — open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. From the main Settings app screen, tap and drag the Settings screen down to open the search box at the top of the Settings screen.

Where do i find system preferences on my mac

The most comprehensive way to find a setting on your Mac is to look in the MacOS System Preferences app. To launch it, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. When the System Preferences window appears, locate the search box in the top right corner of the window and click on it.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Where are preferences stored?

Most settings are stored in multiple folders in the .metadata folder of the workspace. This includes most settings. Some values, such as B. The list of workspaces is stored in the configuration folder of the Eclipse installation (these are values ​​for the configuration area).

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Where do i find system preferences on my windows 7

You can access the Control Panel by first selecting Control Panel on the right side of the Windows Start menu and then double-clicking the System option. You can also right-click the computer icon, if available on the desktop, and select Properties from the context menu to open the System Properties window.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where do I Find my System properties in Windows 7?

You can access the Control Panel by first selecting Control Panel on the right side of the Windows Start menu and then double-clicking the System option. You can also right-click the computer icon, if available on the desktop, and select Properties from the context menu to open the System Properties window.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Where do I find the settings on my computer?

You can find the Settings app by selecting it from the shortcut menu, if available, or by pressing Windows + I on your keyboard. Right-click on the taskbar to open the Control Panel or Settings.

Where do I Find my Computer in Windows 7?

Answer: In Windows 7, you can find information about your computer in two important places. One is the computer window and the other is the control panel. You can open a computer window by selecting Computer on the right side of the Windows Start menu.

What can I do with the System Preferences?

System settings. Similar to the Control Panel on a Windows computer, you can use System Preferences to change or adjust settings for things like display, desktop, screen saver, internet connection, and more. For example, open System Preferences and then go to Accessibility Settings.

:brown_circle: Where do i find system preferences on my pc

To find System Preferences in the Start menu, open the Start menu and enter a few words that describe what you want to search for. For example, enter "keyboard" to find your keyboard settings, or "display" to find your monitor settings. The list of results is displayed in the left half of the start menu.

Where is system preferences located on mac

Mac computers store system preferences in two locations. The personal preferences windows are located in the home folder and can only be accessed by a specific Mac user. During this time, public preference windows are stored in the System Library folder and can be viewed by anyone with a profile on their Mac.

:brown_circle: Where is call settings on iPhone?

To access Call Settings, tap (iPhone) or (iPad) to open the sidebar menu, then tap Call Settings.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where is the profile setting on iPhone?

To access the profile information on your iPhone, tap the Settings icon on your device's home screen. Select the General option. The first button under the General option is the Information button. This information button displays your iPhone's profile information.

:brown_circle: Where do you find system perferences in Windows 10?

The equivalent of System Preferences in Windows 10 is Settings. Open Start, click the gear icon and you will find all your settings.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where is system preferences located on ipad

To open it, click on  in the top left corner of the screen and then select System Preferences. To open System Preferences, click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences. When you open System Preferences, you will see a grid of icons.

Menu system preferences

System Preferences and Menu Bar When the System Preferences window is open, you can also perform actions by clicking the Show button on the menu bar. At the top, you'll see options for Back, Next, See all settings, Settings, and Search, similar to the buttons in the System Preferences window.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to modify desktop settings in Windows 10?

1) Right click on the desktop and select Display options. 2) Personalize your ads. Below the size of text, apps, and other items is a slider. 3) Click on "Advanced display settings" at the bottom. 4) Select the correct resolution and click Apply to save the changes.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What are the system settings?

System settings. System is the first section and possibly one of the most important in the Settings app, as this is where you'll find the most basic settings for customizing your computer, including display, notifications, apps, and power settings.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What are the default settings for Windows 10?

Steps: Open Windows 10 Settings (called Control Panel in older versions of Windows). Click the Start button and then click the gear icon to open Settings. Click Default Applications. Click Set as Default Application. On the Set Default Programs menu, locate and click OneNote (desktop). Click Set this program as default.

Where is change PC settings Windows 10?

In Windows 10, you can change most (but not all) of your computer's basic settings in the new Settings menu, which is permanently located in the Start menu above the power button. Windows 10 settings menu will be familiar to Windows users. This is a more robust version and closer to the control panel than the settings icon.

How do you change your computer settings?

Swipe up from the right edge of the screen or press Windows C to open the Charms menu. Click the Settings icon and then select Change PC settings at the bottom of the Control Panel to open PC Settings.

How do you reset computer settings?

To reset your PC, also known as your PC update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Reset this PC > Start. When you are done, select the desired option. You can also restart your PC by restarting your PC from the login screen.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I Reset my PC Settings?

To restart your computer, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings. Tap or click Update & Restore, and then tap or click Restore. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started. Follow the instructions on the screen.

How do I Change my Windows settings?

Step 1 : Click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner, then click Options.
Step 2 : In the settings screen, click System.
Step 3 : Select Display on the system screen. Move the slider to the right, text, apps and other items will get bigger. Then click the Apply button to apply the changes.

How do you change your system settings on computer

Click the "Start" button and select "Control Panel". The control panel is displayed. Touch a setting to adjust it. For this example, click Change desktop background to select a new desktop background. You can also change the settings of various applications on your computer.

How do I change my laptop settings?

On the Change plan settings page, select the display and power saving options that you want to use when the computer is running on battery power (if applicable) and when it is plugged into an electrical outlet. For more options, click Change advanced power settings. When you're done, click OK.

How can I find my laptop settings?

Open PC Settings. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, click Search (or, if you're using a mouse, hover the mouse pointer over the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse down, then click Search), enter the PC settings to search, then tap or click PC settings.

What can I change in settings?

• Remove the malware.
  • Show file extensions and hidden files.
  • Activate dark mode.
  • Change the colors of the title bar.
  • Create keyboard shortcuts for your favorite applications.
  • Get rid of the unnecessary lock screen.
  • Force Windows to close applications when they close.
  • Change your default browser.
  • Prevent Windows applications from reopening on reboot.
  • Protect your privacy.

Do not turn off PC?

Windows PC won't shut down. If it is a fresh install of Windows, OOBE may take a while. This is especially true for older versions. After updating Windows, updating updates may take a little longer than expected. Have you configured Windows to delete the paging file on every shutdown? In this case, this process will take some time.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do you change your system settings on mac

You can change System Preferences to personalize your Mac. For example, you can change the size and position of the dock, choose a light or dark look, change the desktop image, and more. To change system preferences on your Mac, click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How can I change the appearance of my Mac?

For example, you can change the size and position of the base, choose a light or dark look, change the desktop image, and more. To change system preferences on your Mac, click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Your Mac's options are organized in Preferences.

How to change DNS server settings in Mac OS?

Mac Add, change, and adjust DNS settings Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Select the "Network" control panel, select your network interface on the left (for example, "WiFi" or "Ethernet"), then click the "Advanced" button in the lower-right corner of the network window.

How to change the resolution of a Mac?

Set the resolution for a connected Mac display 1 On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, and then click Display. Open the Show for me panel. 2 Option-click and click Zoom to view additional resolutions for the second screen. 3 Select a scaled resolution option for the second screen.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you change your system settings on zoom

Recommended camera settings for landscape photo file type. First, the file type is one of the most important decisions to make when setting up your camera. Concentrated. Focusing is a tricky subject, but landscape photographers do it quite easily. Colour, contrast, sharpness and noise. Playback menu settings. Exposure and parameters related to exposure. camera modes.

Where is my zoom setting?

Select Settings > Display & Brightness > Screen Scale (at the bottom of the options page). Select a display setting, then click "Zoom in" to zoom in and out, then click "Install", you will see a message to reboot the device, but the screen should be blank for only a few seconds.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What is zoom control?

Zoom button (wire view) The zoom button is a slider that allows you to zoom in and out on the timeline to focus on areas of interest. Since this command zooms in on the center of the Timeline view, center the area of ​​interest before zooming in.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you change your system settings on iphone

Find Settings on iPhone. In the Settings app, you'll find the iPhone settings you want to change, such as B. Your password, notification tones, and more. From the home screen (or app library), tap Settings. Swipe down to see the search box, enter a term such as "iCloud," then tap an option.

What should my iPhone settings be?

• Reduce shine. Simple calculations: the brighter the screen, the faster the battery runs out.
  • Turn off push notifications. Do you need a phone to keep track of your email accounts on a daily basis?
  • Activate Do Not Disturb mode.
  • Use a digital battery indicator.
  • Adjusts the size of the text.
  • Set automatic lock.
  • Add more fingers to Touch ID.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I change my email settings on my iPhone?

Change the messaging protocol on your Apple iPhone in the Settings menu. From the iPhone home screen, tap the Settings app icon. In the settings options, select Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Select the email account you want to change from the list of accounts.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to change the provider on the iPhone?

1) Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. 2) Click on the TV provider. 3) Click Remove TV Provider or Exit. 4) Click again in the pop-up window that appears to confirm. 5) Select a new TV provider from the list and follow the instructions to connect.

When I close laptop settings?

In the Power Options window in the left pane, click Select which will close the flip. In System Preferences, under Power and standby buttons and lid settings, in the When I close the lid drop-down lists in the On battery and Connected columns, select the Windows action you want when closing the lid of the laptop.

How do you Close Your Laptop?

There are three ways to turn off your computer: by pressing your computer's power button, by clicking the Shut down button in the Start menu, and if you have a laptop, by closing the lid.

Can't open settings Windows 10?

• Try opening the Settings application in one of the following ways: Click the Start icon and select Settings.
  • Run the System File Checker on your operating system.
  • Download and run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
  • Reinstall the Settings app.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do you change your system settings on ipad

1 On the home screen, tap the Settings icon. 2 In the left pane, tap Privacy. 3 Touch an item to see which applications, if any, have requested access to the information. 4 Enable or disable controls to allow or deny access to specific applications.

How do I Change my passcode on my iPad?

When you start iPad for the first time, you are prompted to create a lock code. If you ever want to change it, it's easy to do with these simple steps. From the home screen, tap the Settings icon, then tap Touch ID & Passcode. Click Change password. Enter your current password using the keyboard.

:brown_circle: How to manage privacy settings on iPhone and iPad?

If your app, iPhone, or iPad crashes, this data can be sent anonymously to Apple so you let the company and developers figure out and fix what went wrong. Launch the Settings app from the home screen. Click Privacy. Click on Diagnostics and usage at the bottom. Click Don't Submit to stop submitting reports to Apple.

How do I set up cellular service on my iPad?

If you've already set up a cellular data plan, go to Settings > Cellular, tap Add new plan, and follow the onscreen instructions. If you don't have a data plan, see Set up cellular on iPad (Wi-Fi and cellular models). Go to Settings > Cellular Data, then tap or Manage Cellular Operator.

How do you create a new profile on a Mac?

Create a new user account on the Mac Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac screen Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu. Click Users and Groups. Click the padlock in the lower left corner to make changes. Enter the administrator password. Click Unlock.

Where are profiles on Mac?

For the latest versions of Photoshop on Mac, native Adobe profiles are stored in Library > Application Compatibility > Adobe > Color > Profiles. Some of the most commonly used can be found in this folder in the Featured folder.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Do you need a password to change System Preferences?

System preferences are locked if you are logged in as a guest or any other account without administrator privileges. You must enter your account as an administrator. No password is required to change areas in SP. If you are an administrator, check your settings in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Passwords. Make sure your name is listed as an administrator.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I add a hint to my Mac password?

To add a password hint for a Mac user, do the following: Open System Preferences (Apple > System Preferences). Then select Users and groups. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner. Select your username in the sidebar. Click Change Password… Add a password hint, which is also recommended.

When do I need to enter my administrator password on a Mac?

Your Mac will ask for an administrator account name and password when prompted to confirm that you have permission to make changes. For example, you have to log in as an administrator when you press the lock in the system settings, enter certain commands in the terminal or set a password for the firmware.

How do I Change my Password on my MacBook Pro?

Click the lock icon in the lower left corner. Select your username in the sidebar. Click Change Password… Add a password hint, which is also recommended.

:brown_circle: Why is my System Preference on my MacBook Pro not responding?

When this happens, the system settings will probably stop responding. When it comes to your Mac, memory size and performance are closely related. If you've ignored one or the other, chances are you're having issues with your Mac.

What to do when your computer preference is not responding?

You can also force system shutdown to restore system settings that are not responding. The following steps will show you how to do this. Click on the Apple logo in the top menu. Then select "Force Logout" from the drop-down list. The Force Quit Applications window appears. Click System Preferences.

:brown_circle: What does system preferences do on a Mac?

You can use System Preferences to control and customize your Mac to your liking. From here you can control the screen resolution and audio devices, connect to devices via Bluetooth and manage notifications. Of course, it doesn't even mention what System Preferences can do, which is why Mac users rely on them so much.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to force an app to quit on Mac?

Force Quit System Preferences by pressing Command, Option, and Esc, then choose System Preferences > Force Quit and Restart Your Mac Hold down the Shift key while relaunching System Preferences to force close the program.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: System preferences mac download

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. At the bottom of the window, under Allow app downloads, you will see several options. Select Anywhere to let your Mac download all applications.

Locked out of system preferences mac

Click the System Preferences icon in the Dock. Click the Security & Privacy icon and then click the General tab. If it's grayed out, click the lock icon, enter your administrator name and password, then click Unlock.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where do I find lock preferences in OS X?

Click the Security & Privacy icon and then click the General tab. If it's grayed out, click the lock icon, enter your administrator name and password, then click Unlock. Click Advanced. Select the Admin password check box, which is required to access system settings using lock characters. Click OK. Click the Close button.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I unlock the system preference settings?

When logged in as an administrator, the lock icon is unlocked unless you have configured a security option to keep the configuration windows locked. If you close the settings area, it will be locked automatically. Click the System Preferences icon in the Dock.

:brown_circle: What to do if preference icon is locked?

When the lock icon is locked, you need an administrator name and password to unlock it and make changes. When logged in as an administrator, the lock icon is unlocked unless you have configured a security option to keep the configuration windows locked.

:brown_circle: What happens if you get locked out of your Mac?

Many will agree that locking yourself up with a Mac isn't always fun. This prevents you from installing applications, making changes to system preferences, accessing your files and sometimes deleting important files on your Mac. What if you forgot your Mac password? What if you can no longer access your Mac?

system preferences mac