Blow Dryer Diffuser

Residing in a colder region of the world and having curly hair; where letting your washed hair air dry might not be an option always available, and avoiding frizzes remains an important factor to be taken care of, a ■■■■ dryer diffuser might be the best tool at your disposal.

■■■■ dryer

:black_small_square: What a ■■■■ dryer diffuser is?

A diffuser is an accessory which evenly spreads the hot air coming out of a ■■■■ dryer over a rather broad area, and helps protect your scalp and hair from a concentrated stream of hot air. A diffuser works particularly well with your hair dryer for curly and wavy hair.

Women who have naturally curly hair are well aware of how complicated it, at times, becomes to create a sophisticated look with those curls. While attempting to make things convenient and quick, a good diffuser may supplement the need of a hair straightener, curling iron, or a wand.

If you happen to have curly hair, you might have spent quite some time watching YouTube videos regarding how to take care of those curls. More often than not, you may have noticed a diffuser as an essential accessory with a hair dryer to get the favorable results with curly hair.

Bouncier, appropriately placed, and sorted out curls can conveniently be attained by using a diffuser with your ■■■■ dryer.

A diffuser can best serve you if you wish to give more volume to your wavy hair for your final look. The main aim of using a diffuser with a ■■■■ dryer is to dry your wavy or curly hair while avoiding frizzes.

If you’re one of the users of this handy equipment, you’d agree with us about its usefulness; and if you haven’t been deploying it to your advantage already, you shall be reading very practical information about it in this article.

Summary: :pen:A diffuser is an accessory used with a ■■■■ dryer which evenly spreads the hot air over a rather broad area. The main aim of using a diffuser with a ■■■■ dryer is to dry your wavy or curly hair while avoiding frizzes. Bouncier, appropriately placed, and sorted out curls can conveniently be attained by using a diffuser with your ■■■■ dryer.

:small_blue_diamond: Diffusing for textured hair

As the nozzle of a hair dryer blows a concentrated stream of hot air towards your hair, it might not be a favorable thing for people with curly hair. The hot air directed towards the curls may, actually, deform them. A diffuser, therefore, be attached to your hair dryer so that your curls receive a distributed airflow.

Once you’ve given a good wash to your curly hair with a shampoo and a conditioner, the immediate step to take is to reach out for a soft cotton fabric to dry your hair. Using a towel should be avoided because the rough fibers may ruin your hair.

If you use any curl cream, you may apply it to your 40% moist hair. It is usual to come across knotty areas of your hair, and you may use a wide tooth comb to gently detangle those.

You may now ■■■■ dry your curls with a diffuser, and using a heat protectant product before doing so is recommended so that the effect of heat on your hair can be minimized.

Diffusing your hair from as many angles as possible would give more voluminous look to your hair. You may flip your head forward and let the strands rest on the surface of the diffuser. 10 – 15 seconds is a good time to ■■■■ a section of your hair which fits onto the surface of the diffuser.

Next, you may flip your head on either side and follow the same procedure. While the strands of your hair are on the surface of the diffuser, you may gently move the hair dryer up and down.

diffuser

:small_blue_diamond: Diffusing vs Air drying

Well, the weather effect probably is one of the biggest factors to be considered in deciding whether to diffuse or not to diffuse your washed hair. If you want to leave your house with already dried hair, while not having those wet patches at the back of your dress; diffusing is your answer.

Also, more often than not, you wouldn’t wish to portray an image to the observers that you just got out of shower.

Although there’s a genuine debate about the effects of exposing your hair to the hot air of a hair dryer; people with curly hair, many a times, have to consider how they could possibly get away with those frizzes while protecting their scalp and hair from any adversities.

Summary: :pen:Rather than a towel with rough fibers, you should prefer to use a soft cotton fabric to dry your hair. To protect your hair from the adverse effects of excessive heat, it is advisable to apply a heat protectant product to your hair before ■■■■ drying them. To give a more voluminous look to your hair, you may diffuse them from various angles.

:small_red_triangle: How to use a diffuser with a ■■■■ dryer?

You should use your hair dryer on low heat and low speed to get the best results. ■■■■ drying your hair right after you’ve washed them is not a recommended thing to do. You should ■■■■ dry your hair once they’re almost 60% dried already.

You may keep your hair wrapped in a cotton cloth for about 15 minutes while you’re taking care of your makeup and dressing.

While a typical ■■■■ dryer nozzle may cause frizzes and distort the natural curls; a diffuser, on the other hand, would help to embellish and enhance them.

The diffuser should not be used to dry your hair completely. ■■■■ dryer should be kept moving so that any particular part of your hair or scalp doesn’t get exposed to heat for a longer period of time.

You shall only use the diffuser until your hair is about 80% dried. The reason behind it is that completely drying your hair with a ■■■■ dryer shall give an instant ‘dry’ finished look to your hair.

If you leave 20% moisture on your hair, you shall have a rather ‘moist’ look which shall last for several hours.

■■■■ drying your hair frequently may be detrimental to the health of your hair. Therefore, precautions must be taken to ensure that your hair don’t get exposed to excessive heat.

■■■■ dryer should not be brought too close to your hair and scalp, it is generally recommended to keep the ■■■■ dryer at least 8 inches away of your scalp.

Summary: :pen: A ■■■■ dryer diffuser should be used on low heat and low speed to get the best results. You should ■■■■ dry your hair once they’re almost 60% dried already. Precautions must be taken to protect your scalp and hair from being exposed to excessive heat.

■■■■ dryer diffuser

:diamonds: Popular diffuser types

Having knowledge of the features of different types of diffusers would help you to choose the most suitable one for you. Mentioned below are some of the popular diffuser types you may choose from;

:black_small_square: Bowl shaped diffusers

These are the most commonly know type of diffusers. Suitable for medium to long length hair, this diffuser type is the one which you’d find included with most of the hair dryer accessory sets. Detangling of your hair while preventing frizzes can be done with the multiple teeth of a bowl shaped diffuser.

:black_small_square: Hand shaped diffusers

As the name implies, these diffusers are shaped like a human hand. The five fingers can be glided through your hair, detangling it and countering frizzes.

:black_small_square: Large teeth diffuser

For people with lengthier and voluminous hair, big teeth diffusers would be the most appropriate choice. It is because diffusers with shorter teeth, many a times, are unable to reach deeper into the thicker waves and curls.

Summary: :pen: Depending on the length and type of your hair, you may choose the most appropriate diffuser to be used with your hair dryer. Bowl shaped, hand shaped, and large teeth diffusers are the most commonly known.

:question: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. I do have curly hair and I, currently, don’t use a ■■■■ dryer diffuser to dry my hair. Would it cause any major difference to my styling routine if I started using one?

As you’ve mentioned that you have curly hair, so the answer to your question becomes ‘yes’. Depending on the length of your hair; a diffuser may make it quick and convenient for you, after a wash, to display the natural curls of your hair without causing frizzes.

2. It is a general impression that ■■■■ dryers cause hair damage. Is it safe for me to use a diffuser with the ■■■■ dryer for my hair?

It is, certainly, true that prolonged or frequent exposures to heat may cause harm to your scalp and hair. That is why, it is recommended to use your ■■■■ dryer on a low heat setting.

The ■■■■ dryer should be kept at a distance of, at least, 8 inches from your head. Moreover, you should neither use a ■■■■ dryer on dipping wet hair, nor should you use it to entirely evaporate the water off your hair.

3. I do have a hair dryer but I did not get any diffusers with it when I bought it. Can I buy a diffuser separately and fix it to my hair dryer?

As there’s a range of diffusers available in the market, you are bound to find one which fits your needs and the nozzle of your hair dryer. It is advisable to determine the diameter of the nozzle of your hair dryer and look for a diffuser which could conveniently adjust to it.

4. I’ve hear of ‘plopping’ as a technique to dry my curls efficiently. Is it really a recommended thing to do?

It, certainly, is. Plopping your hair makes the drying process substantially easier whether you opted for diffusing or air drying. Plopping allows you to have more defined and bouncier curls while preventing them from frizz.

Conclusion :flashlight:

Women who have naturally curly hair are well aware of how complicated it, at times, becomes to create a sophisticated look with those curls.

More often than not, you may have noticed a ■■■■ dryer diffuser as an essential accessory to get the favorable results with curly hair.

The hair dryer should be used on low heat and low speed to get the best results; and it should neither be used on dipping wet hair, nor should you use it to entirely evaporate the water off your hair.

Precautions must be taken to protect your scalp and hair from being exposed to excessive heat. Applying a heat protectant product to your hair before ■■■■ drying them is advisable.

Even if your hair dryer didn’t come with a diffuser, you may always look for a diffuser of your liking and purchase it separately. You may pick the most suitable diffuser for your hair type from the variety of choices available. Bowl shaped, hand shaped, and large teeth diffusers are the popular ones.

For people with naturally curly hair, using a hair dryer only might cause negative outcomes rather than producing favorable results. More often, actually, the concentrated stream of hot air coming out of the nozzle of a hair dryer distorts your curls. A diffuser, therefore, be used with your hair dryer so that your curls receive a distributed airflow.

Related Searches

Japanese Hair Straightening
Hair Steamer.