Airtag Price

AirTag price is $29 to buy one, but if you want a bundle of four, the Airtag price is $99. To connect an AirTag to a product, you’ll need to purchase additional accessories from Apple.

Apple Airtag price

What is Apple AirTags?

Apple AirTags is the company’s newest accessory, designed to ensure that you never lose your belongings again. The AirTags are small and discrete, yet they connect with your iPhone so that you know where your valuables are at all times.

They have a good head on their shoulders, too. With a few clicks on your iPhone, you can play a sound on the AirTag’s built-in speaker, so you can locate your keys, or whatever, with ease.

If you’re not a fan of beeping, that’s understandable. It will tell you how far away and in which direction your AirTag is if you have an iPhone 11 or later with Precision Finding enabled.

Pros Cons
Reliable and precise There isn’t any support for Android devices.
Gives a sense of direction. You can’t call someone from the tag.
able to communicate a location even when far away A lanyard or keychain isn’t included.
Lithium-Ion Battery Only a few anti-stalking options are available.

How Does AirTag Works?

In a nutshell, Bluetooth security. With a single touch, AirTags link to your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. Then you may decide whether or not you want to be alerted when the AirTag is close, or if you want to just search for it.

Using the Find My network, you can even find an AirTag on the other side of the planet. Nearby devices in the network pick up the encrypted Bluetooth signal, and the AirTag’s position is communicated to iCloud, where it may be retrieved via the Find My app. For the most part, no personal information is revealed at any of these points in the process.

A single battery powers each AirTag for over a year and ensures that it is completely waterproof (which is replaceable). Your iPhone will alert you when the battery is running low, so you won’t be stranded with a damaged AirTag again.

Apple AirTag Price

Apple airtag

Investing in Apple AirTags is essential if you have valuable items that you don’t want to lose. Keep your most treasured items safe and sound with the help of Apple AirTags—and if you ever lose them, they’ll be readily located.

When you don’t want to lose anything - from your home keys to your brand new MacBook Pro - keep the Apple AirTag with it. It’s tiny, spherical, and has little speakers. It connects to your iPhone through Bluetooth.

Since the Apple AirTags was originally introduced in April of this year, you won’t find huge discounts on them at this time. The 4-packs of AirTags have been reduced in price to as low as $89/£89 in recent weeks. The price of a single AirTag remains fairly constant at $29/£29, regardless of where you purchase it.

Interestingly, the Apple AirTags are now cheaper when purchased directly from Apple. It costs $116 for a four-pack of AirTags on Amazon, compared to $99 for the same item directly from Apple.

About this page, you’ll find information on the finest Apple AirTags available throughout the globe, as well as the most frequently asked questions about this new accessory from Apple.

Apple AirTag Battery

Apple claims that the battery in the AirTag will last for a year or so. – You can easily replace the battery when the time comes. The battery that powers AirTag is a CR2032, which is often available in remote controls and other small electronic gadgets. They cost a few dollars apiece and can be found at most battery retailers.

Learn how to replace the AirTag’s battery in this article. Below are the instructions.

• By positioning the white base facing down, you may open the AirTag Face the Apple logo so that you can see it.

• Press down with two fingers on two locations next to the logo.

• To remove the cap, turn it the other way around. The battery may be replaced when the cap is turned.

• To seal the container, replace the cap and turn it the other way.

Apple AirTag Features

Any iPhone or iPad running iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later may use the AirTag. For simplicity’s sake, we’ll refer to iPhones in this review, although any iPad running the most recent version of iOS will function just as well for pairing and discovering AirTags.

airtag with apple phone

Apple AirTag will Never Lose your Things

Trackers for people, cars, and other things are a big business. Users of Samsung phones or tablets may get SmartTag or SmartTag+. When it comes to iPhone and iPad users, the AirTag faces up against a market leader, Tile, which has built its whole brand on low-cost Bluetooth monitors that can beep when you misplace your keys.

AirTags are simpler to put up than Tiles and can be found from farther away. Tiles come in more shapes and sizes than AirTags, and you can summon your phone from the Tile as well. But their range is limited to 30 feet, while AirTags’ range is almost unlimited as long as an iPhone is nearby.

The tags are metal discs with a silver and a white side. To distinguish between tags, Apple allows free printing of a monogram or emoji on each one.

In your jeans pocket, an AirTag is inconspicuous. In terms of thickness, it’s a touch thicker than the Tile Mate and Tile Pro, but not as thick as the Tile Slim. But it’s thinner and smaller than the Samsung SmartTag.

If you’re attempting to monitor your wallet, an AirTag will bulge it more than a Tile Slim would. This is an excellent way to keep track of your keys and they look beautiful in one of Apple’s keychain holders. Apple claims the AirTag’s CR2032 battery will last a year.

Apple AirTag has Powers Searching

Setting up and finding are magical. It’s easy to use: just hold it up to your iPhone or iPad. Then the Find My app will start monitoring it. To locate the AirTag, command it to create a piping sound or play a distance game.

My AirTags “connected” within 45 feet, and a distance indication displayed within 30 feet. The ultra-wideband (UWB) directional protocol adds a useful arrow to the distance indication on iPhone 11 and later. Tile doesn’t currently offer UWB tags; to obtain UWB in a Samsung tag, you need to upgrade to the $39.99 SmartTag+.

If you haven’t located the AirTag and it’s dark, you may hit a flashlight icon in the app to turn on your phone’s light.

It’s softer than the Tile Mate’s piping sound—78.3dB vs. 99dB at six inches—but I could still hear it from 20 feet away, or when the AirTag was between my sofa cushions. But it’s difficult to hear hide in a backpack or a busy outdoor setting.

Apple’s Bluetooth connection is much more dependable than Tile’s. My Bluetooth connection is inconsistent and sporadic on many Tiles I use every day to monitor my keys and wallet. The AirTag always worked.

You can’t use the AirTag to ping your paired iPhone or iPad. Other trackers do this. If you’re most likely to lose your phone, a Tile could be best.

Apple Makes Losing Things Easier

Apple doesn’t create new product categories; it refines existing ones. The iPod wasn’t the first MP3 player, and the iPhone wasn’t the first smartphone, but both devices lowered barriers to entry and increased market share.

The AirTag is having the same issue. Apple has created a Bluetooth item tracker that “simply works,” with wonderful UWB direction-finding and no connection problems. AirTags also feature Apple’s signature fashion-not-tech aesthetic.

Other trackers might enter the market. SmartTags and Tiles don’t need any further equipment. Our Editors’ Choice for Android-compatible trackers is the durable Tile Pro, featuring a keyring hole and reliable connection.

Smaller things, including small wallets and remote controls, work nicely with the Tile Slim and Tile Sticker. Jiobit and other genuine GPS trackers are superior for discovering lost items and persons in remote regions. With an iPhone, you need one of these. The AirTag is our Editors’ Choice for iOS trackers because it is both elegant and practical.

Summary:

One AirTag is $29 and four are $99 each. You’ll also need holders for them: There’s no lanyard hole as on Tile or SmartTag. Apple charges $35 for a leather keyring, $39 for a leather loop holder, and $29 for a silicone loop holder in blue, orange, white, or yellow. Apple already has a vast third-party ecosystem. The keychain and loop holders are $12.95 from Belkin and $2.99 from Amazon.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some FAQs related to AirTag price:

1. Is AirTags useful?

Using the Find My network, your AirTag emits a secure Bluetooth signal that may be picked up by other devices. If you have an iCloud account, you may use the Find My App to locate your AirTag and view it on a map. To ensure your privacy, the whole procedure is completely anonymous and encrypted.

2. Do you charge for AirTags?

Changing the battery of an AirTag is not required, but you will need to do it in the future. CR2032 batteries, which can be purchased on Amazon for a few dollars, power each AirTag. Flip the AirTag over to the polished metal side, press down, then twist counterclockwise to remove the battery.

3. How often do you have to pay for AirTags?

When it comes to tracking devices like tiles, Apple Air Tags don’t charge a monthly cost. You may also use the Find My app, which is free if you have an iOS device, to track down stolen or lost things using this low-cost solution. Purchasing the Air Tags in bulk may also save you money.

4. Is it possible to use AirTags without a network connection?

Bluetooth is the primary means of communication between Apple Air Tag and your phone. As a result, you don’t need an internet connection to use the tag. For the greatest experience, you’ll need to switch on your WiFi since it utilizes the “Find My” app to find objects.

5. Do AirTags have a shelf life of how long?

There is no way to recharge the battery in an Apple Air Tag once it has been used for a year. The year-long battery life may be increased or decreased depending on a variety of factors.

6. Is there a ping in AirTag?

To indicate its whereabouts online, AirTag uses neighboring Apple devices to send pings. It’s unlikely that you’ll be unable to locate a missing iPhone or iPad since there are over 1.5 billion active Apple customers worldwide.

7. Is it possible to utilize AirTags on an Android device?

This item tracker from Apple, AirTags, is one of the best on the market. Tracking Apple Airtags has become easier for Android users thanks to a new app. You may get it on the Google Play Store by searching for “Tracker Detect.”

8. How can I get AirTags to work?

Pull remove the little plastic tab to activate the battery on an AirTag first. Then hit Connect while holding the AirTag close to your iPhone. The next step is to name and attach your AirTag to your Apple ID. Tap Done at the end.

9. Where can I get AirTags?

A guide on purchasing AirTags. If everything goes according to plan, AirTags will initially only be available via approved Apple sellers such as the company’s website and retail shops. Visit Apple’s AirTags product page for further information.

10. Is AirTags a data-gatherer?

Even though the AirTags are equipped with GPS technology, they cannot track their whereabouts. If you’ve got a Bluetooth-enabled gadget nearby, you can just “ping” it and let its position data do the rest. In addition to any privacy problems, you should expect that this will utilize a tiny portion of your data allocation.

Conclusion

You’ll never again lose anything on the sofa. If you’re looking for a Bluetooth tracker that is simple to set up, operate, and find, AirTag ($29) is your best bet—especially when compared to Tile, the current market leader. Our Editors’ Choice for iOS tracking devices goes to the AirTag because it is a stylish and enjoyable solution to trace your missing gadgets.

Related Articles

Apple tag Price
Apple airtag dog