Buried in Barstow Part 2 Date

For this blog, we’re going to continue where we left off in the last installment. This second part of the Buried in the Barstow series will be based on more research and will focus on the history and past of some of the buildings that still stand today here in Barstow, CA; as well as some places around town that have fallen into disrepair over the years with only rubble remaining.

Buried in Barstow part 2 date

1. The real difference between your life and our lives is that you lived at a time when there were no jobs. Back then, all men had to work, which meant they went where their job took them.

2. We didn’t have any choice about whether we went with our father, or not. Neither did we have any say in what type of building he worked on. All we knew was that he worked, and it never bothered us because we were kids; all kids are like that around their fathers.

3. However, when we got older, things changed a lot. We would see him on occasion, but it was always at night. If we wanted to see him for any other reason or if there was a family emergency, he wouldn’t be there.

4. We had to deal with those types of events on our own; there was no way around it. When I think back on it now that must have been tough. It wasn’t easy growing up and having a dad who worked all day every day.

5. I don’t know what kind of a man my father was to you, but I can tell you that he was an incredible dad. He always worked hard so we could have everything that we ever wanted.

6. He taught us how to be respectful, and had such a great personality that everyone who knew him loved him. We never wanted anything; he did his best in order to make our lives as normal as possible.

7. In addition, he was a good role model. He taught us how to work hard, and he always made sure that we were on time for school. I never wanted to disappoint him because I looked up to him so much.

8. I can tell you that he wouldn’t want any apologies from you. He would be more than happy with where your life is right now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad place to be; we just had to deal with things that you were lucky enough to avoid.

9. You should also know that he was very proud of you. He would brag about how smart and kind you were to everyone he knew. He knew that there was nothing else in life for him but his family, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that he loved us all so much.

10. If I could tell him anything right now, it would be to thank him for being such an incredible dad! Thank you so much for being our father! We always love you, Dad!

Death and injury were a constant feature of life in Barstow’s mines. The limited supply of air meant that miners would work in pairs, They worked in tunnels with barely enough room for two men to stand let alone move
with one partner standing on a wooden platform called a bucking board, Miners weren’t just at risk from cave-ins and methane they were also subject to harsh living conditions wear far from ideal for a job that would take around 14 hours to complete!
providing ventilation to their underground partner below. The poor air quality meant that miners would often work with wet rags on their faces. These rags would become black after a day’s work and were incredibly uncomfortable

How many Chinese miners were there?

It is estimated that around 1,000 Chinese men worked in Barstow’s mines. While we know how many were there, it is difficult to estimate how many of those miners died while mining. It has been estimated that up to 50 people may have died every year in a single mine. Most died due to methane asphyxiation and cave-ins.

Death and injury were a constant feature of life in Barstow’s mines. The limited supply of air meant that miners would work in pairs, with one partner standing on a wooden platform, called a bucking board, providing ventilation to their underground partner below.

Miners weren’t just at risk from cave-ins and methane, they were also subject to harsh living conditions. They worked in tunnels with barely enough room for two men to stand, let alone move. The poor air quality meant that miners would often work with wet rags on their faces.

These rags would become black after a day’s work and were incredibly uncomfortable to wear – far from ideal for a job that would take around 14 hours to complete!

On top of these hazardous working conditions, Chinese miners would also have been subject to racial abuse. Anti-Chinese prejudice was rife in California during the 19th century and much-experienced violence from local miners.

Despite these risks and dangers, Chinese miners continued to come to Barstow’s mines. Many had originally settled in California as farmers, but as increasing numbers of white settlers arrived and opportunities for agriculture diminished, Chinese migrants began moving into mining areas.

The work was physically demanding and likely to result in injury or death, so why did they do it? And what was life like after a day’s hard labor underground?

Who died first, James Bell or Ah Ling?

1. The order in which James Bell and Ah Ling died remains a mystery. Bell’s belongings were found next to his skeletal remains in 2008, but no clear indication exists as to whether he shot himself or was murdered by his partner.

2. However, both men’s injuries were consistent with self-inflicted gunshot wounds. Additionally, Bell’s legs and chest had sustained blast trauma more consistent with shotgun injuries than rifle wounds that Ling would have sustained had he killed himself first.

Write a professional review based on the following description:

1. Using objective criteria, describe how effective and useful one product is to its intended user.

2. Though not applicable to all jobs, communicating clearly and effectively with customers via email is an essential part of most businesses. For example, customer service representatives at Comcast might need to respond quickly and concisely when troubleshooting billing issues.

3. One important thing to remember is that email communications should focus on providing information and data rather than personal commentary. Avoid language like Thanks!, You’re welcome! or any other unnecessary comments that may seem too chummy. Focus instead on solving a problem as quickly and accurately as possible.

4. Ideally, you will only need one paragraph to accomplish your goals, so keep it short and succinct. Instead of trying to fit everything into one or two paragraphs, consider breaking your review up into several short emails with each email addressing a different point.

5. Though it can take some time for recipients to process all of your messages, long-winded emails are more likely to frustrate recipients. In turn, you might find that people don’t respond as well or are less willing to communicate with you in future situations. Be sure to give careful consideration as well as sufficient editing time when creating and sharing your review. (reference)

In 2004, a new dam was built downstream from Route 395 Creating Lake Silverwood and flooding The city has long been a popular vacation destination
what had once been known as Skeleton Lake In fact, in most cases, if you are living At an address that was built before 1940
While both lakes are manmade and supply water to arid areas in California Lake Silverwood and its watershed are much smaller than that of its predecessor. Any given weekend in late spring you’ll find hundreds of families strolling

Why did they bury the ded underneath their homes?

It is a common misconception that all early settlers buried their ded inside their homes. That was not true. In fact, in most cases, if you are living at an address that was built before 1940, there is likely a cemetery beneath your home and/or property! The land where these cemeteries were built was free because it would be considered worthless. Of course, these cemeteries are not worthless to anyone who visits them today.

These cemeteries are often known as potter’s fields. There were two reasons for using these sites. First, they made it easier for people to remember where their loved ones were buried by being able to visit them more frequently.

Secondly, burying bodies in these cemeteries was free because people thought it was worthless land. Today, many people consider that land to be priceless because it is a beautiful resting place for their loved ones.

The next time you are driving around Barstow, keep your eyes open for small plaques that designate a cemetery beneath it. If you’re lucky enough to live on land that has an old cemetery underneath it, check with your property owner to find out what is allowed and not allowed.

Finally, make sure that when visiting cemeteries around town, they always have fresh flowers adorning them!

For more information on early cemeteries in and around Barstow, you can read about it in part 3. Many people do not know about these cemeteries until they are nearly impossible to find without knowing where to look.

Hopefully, my blogs are helping with that! If you want to help out by visiting a cemetery near you, bring fresh flowers and pray for those who lost loved ones there. We will always remember them!

Feel free to contact me with any questions or corrections. I would love to know if anyone actually reads these blogs!

What have archaeologists found so far?

• Well, for one thing, a lot. The site has yielded about 50 percent more artifacts than originally estimated. There are thousands of them (primarily broken pottery) just sitting in barrels that are about to be opened up and examined in detail.

• In fact, everything will be inventoried and cataloged on Wednesday (of next week), which is when we’ll finally learn what was discovered during our excavation.

• The best way to think about it is a layer cake. I’ll explain with an example from last week’s excavation. If you do research on living floors—areas where people actually lived, as opposed to, say, outhouses you find that there are three kinds, each separated by a thin layer of dirt.

• For example, in one area at Barstow, we found a living floor (complete with a fire pit) that was overlaid by a trash deposit. The trash deposit was overlaid by another living floor, which ended up being buried beneath an outdoor privy (which means people were tossing their waste outside).

• That living floor was capped off by dirt—the very dirt we’d been digging through. There are layers upon layers of information and evidence just waiting to be unearthed!

• Anyway, it’s always good to check in every now and then to see what has been found. The answers are coming soon!

Buried in Barstow Netflix

Part 1 was released on June 14th, 2017, and is currently streaming. Check out Part 1 before you start watching Part 2. This movie is already getting 5-stars, so don’t let it slip through your fingers! Get ready to go even more in-depth with some of these other must-watch documentary films on Netflix that will expand your mind as well. Make sure to read my Buried in Barstow review (Part 1) before you move on to Part 2 below!

Throughout these first two parts, I got a better understanding of what happened to my family in regard to our supposed Native American heritage. It’s funny how a movie can make you so curious that you want to start doing your own research and go back into your family records (which I’m sure many other families did too after watching Buried in Barstow Part 1) to try and get a better understanding on who they were before they were killed off by European settlers.

Now that I’ve shared my experience watching these movies, it’s your turn. If you are interested in protecting Part 1 or Part 2 please let me know below! If you have seen them already, let us know what you thought of them in a comment below as well.

If you want to check out Part 1 on Netflix, I would definitely recommend it. It’s a great documentary and it has already been recognized by many as an Oscar contender for 2017. Now that Part 2 is streaming, you have no excuse not to watch them both! Check out my review on what makes these movies so special and then watch Buried in Barstow Part 1 & Part 2 on Netflix. Then let me know your thoughts in the comment below!

Why would they abandon such good foundations and solid walls?

1. Buildings like these would have been abandoned for a variety of reasons, including simple disinterest, money and time to build something new, or even government intervention.

2. In fact, a large portion of Barstow’s abandoned buildings can be attributed to government policy during World War II when Japanese-Americans were forced to resettle across the country in places they’d never lived before and couldn’t possibly sell or inherit their properties.

3. Another government policy in America that played a significant role in Barstow’s urban decay was Urban Renewal, beginning in 1949 and ending in 1974. The goal was to eliminate blight and create more social housing units for people with low incomes.

4. Private property deemed dilapidated or unsafe could be condemned by local authorities with eminent domain on behalf of cities looking to fund urban renewal projects.

5. Government programs are often designed with good intentions but also have adverse effects. Urban Renewal was likely a good idea at its inception and may have even improved some neighborhoods, but in many cases, it simply displaced people who couldn’t afford to move away from their homes and businesses, ultimately disrupting entire communities while simultaneously displacing any existing businesses and attracting no new ones.

6. All told, it’s possible that not one or two, but numerous reasons caused Barstow’s historic buildings to fall into disrepair. But what happened next? For example, once some buildings were abandoned, why weren’t they torn down and rebuilt?

7. As it turns out, many of Barstow’s historic buildings were not demolished after they became vacant. They sat untouched for years before being officially recognized as historic sites. The primary reason? California’s stringent environmental laws make it costly to demolish a building without first ensuring that all materials will be properly recycled and reused.

The cast of Buried in Barstow

The Skeleton of a teenager, found in a desert grave, uncovers a secretive subculture. What happens next could change everything and lead to a dangerous result for all involved.

What happened to her? Who killed her and buried her in a grave, never to be seen again.

While her father believes it is because she ran away to start a new life, Frankie Dean believes that there might be more to it. The three boys who were involved in hiding Frankie Dean could not go back to their normal lives because they knew too much.

That said, they had many secrets and needed something or someone to help them get rid of what really happened. When no one was able to find out what happened to Frankie Dean, her mother died and her father grew old and sick.

Part 1 was released on June 14th, 2017, and is currently streaming. Check out Part 1 before you start watching Part 2. Before you move on to Part 2 below!
This movie is already getting 5-stars Get ready to go even more in-depth So don’t let it slip through your fingers!
documentary films on Netflix that will expand your mind as well. Make sure to read my Buried in Barstow review (Part 1) with some of these other must-watch

Summary

The city has long been a popular vacation destination and on any given weekend in late spring you’ll find hundreds of families strolling along Main Street and gathered around City Hall. The grounds have played host to banquets, festivals, weddings, reunions, and other family-friendly gatherings for more than a century but many are still unaware that one hundred years ago it was also used to lock up the city’s undesirables.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Here are some important points to know:

How did James Bell die?

Toxicology tests found a combination of methamphetamine, antidepressants, and acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol) in Bell’s system. Doctors determined that he died from a massive coronary occlusion. His heart attack was most likely brought on by years of substance abuse or an undiagnosed heart condition. Dr.

What was James Bell’s cause of death?

James Bell died from a heart attack caused by acute coronary occlusion. Evidence from his autopsy and toxicology report revealed traces of methamphetamine, antidepressant drugs, and acetaminophen in his system.

What happened to Ah Ling’s remains?

As for what happened to Ah Ling remains, officials have no idea where he is or if anyone even knows his true identity.

Who was Ah Ling?

Nobody knows for sure who Ah Ling was. His real name and country of origin remain a mystery. He may have used several different names during his life and left no family behind when he died in California. However, researchers believe that he most likely hailed from China or one of its neighboring countries.

Who knew about Bell’s gold stash?

Other than his immediate family, there is no evidence to suggest that any other person knew about Bell’s massive hoard.

When was Skeleton Lake created?

In 2004, a new dam was built downstream from Route 395, creating Lake Silverwood and flooding what had once been known as Skeleton Lake. While both lakes are manmade and supply water to arid areas in California, Lake Silverwood and its watershed are much smaller than that of its predecessor.

What happened to Frankie Dean?

The picture of her when she disappeared was shown around and people thought they might have seen her.

Who died first, James Bell or Ah Ling?

The order in which James Bell and Ah Ling died remains a mystery. Bell’s belongings were found next to his skeletal remains in 2008, but no clear indication exists as to whether he shot himself or was murdered by his partner.

How many Chinese miners were there?

It is estimated that around 1,000 Chinese men worked in Barstow’s mines. While we know how many were there, it is difficult to estimate how many of those miners died while mining. It has been estimated that up to 50 people may have died every year in a single mine. Most died due to methane asphyxiation and cave-ins.

Why did they bury the ded underneath their homes?

It is a common misconception that all early settlers buried their ded inside their homes. That was not true. In fact, in most cases, if you are living at an address that was built before 1940, there is likely a cemetery beneath your home and/or property! The land where these cemeteries were built was free because it would be considered worthless. Of course, these cemeteries are not worthless to anyone who visits them today.

Conclusion

The following are just a few of the many things that have been uncovered during my time in Barstow. I have no doubt that more stories like these will continue to surface as further excavations take place around our town. If you ever come across evidence pertaining to one of these sites or similar burial sites, please report your findings to me immediately so that we can work together in preserving and protecting our past for future generations.

Related Articles

1. Sacramento To Las Vegas Drive

2. Pg&e news

3. How Far Is California From Vegas

4. Closest California City To Las Vegas