Definition of Downstream:
Term used to refer to the part of the oil industry responsible for the sales and delivery of oil and natural gas products. see also upstream.
Situated in or toward the part of a sequence of genetic material where transcription takes place later than at a given point.
Situated or moving in the direction in which a stream or river flows.
Downstream operations are the processes involved in converting oil and gas into the finished product. These include refining crude oil into gasoline, natural gas liquids, diesel, and a variety of other energy sources. The closer an oil and gas company is to the process of providing consumers with petroleum products, the further downstream the company is said to be.
At a stage in the process of gas or oil extraction and production after the raw material is ready for refining.
Most large oil companies are described as "integrated" because they combine upstream activities, which include exploration and production, with downstream operations. Oil and gas operations can be divided into upstream, midstream, and downstream operations, with the refining process taking place either midstream or downstream and the distribution of oil and gas occurring in the downstream phase.
Taking place at or relating to a stage in the process of gas or oil extraction and production after the raw material is ready for refining.
In the direction in which a stream or river flows.
In or toward the part of a sequence of genetic material where transcription takes place later than at a given point.
How to use Downstream in a sentence?
- A termination signal was found downstream from the coding region.
- The car had floated some way downstream.
- There are upstream, midstream, and downstream operations within the oil and gas industries.
- You should try and get in good with the people on the downstream so you can possibly get a good deal from them.
- Downstream operations are the processes involved with converting oil and gas into their finished products.
- An oversupply of crude oil in the upstream section (i.e., the oil companies) may benefit the downstream companies. .
- During a storm last the year that caused the rivers water level to rise, many homes on the river were badly damaged, and some were even wash downstream .
- Companies that handle operations in the downstream sector are entities closest to the customers. .
- The company is bigger downstream, deriving a larger slice of its revenues from refining and marketing the oil it finds.
- Downstream operations can also play a part in the medical field and agriculture sector. .
- We needed to go further downstream because I thought I saw something there earlier that would give me a nightmare.
Meaning of Downstream & Downstream Definition