Netgear routers are known for their ability to provide blazing fast internet connection in your home or office. But at times, some technical errors might affect your internet surfing experience. Thus, your Netgear router might get stuck or does not function properly.
In other cases like you have forgotten the login password of your Netgear router, resetting your router seems like the only option. Though rebooting your Netgear router might resolve the issue, it doesn’t work always. However, if you still face problems in accessing routerlogin.net or get stuck with other router issues, you need to perform a Netgear router reset.
Reset Your Netgear Router Via Web Interface
- Form a wired connection between your router and modem.
- Access your computer after connecting to the home WiFi network.
- Open a web browser and click on the address bar to enter the routerlogin.net URL.
- Netgear router login page can also be accessed by entering 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
- Press the Enter key to open the login window on your computer screen.
- Enter your login details in the given spaces.
- Do not make any typing errors while entering the web address or login details.
- Click on the Settings Backup option and open the Maintenance tab.
- To reset your Netgear router, click on the Erase option.
- It formats all the customized settings of your Netgear router.
- The next step is to log in again to your Netgear router.
- Once logged in, browse to the Navigate tab.
- Click on the Diagnostic tab to choose the Reboot option.
- Thus, your Netgear router will be rebooted without any issue.
Reset Via Reset Button
- Connect your Netgear router to a power supply.
- Press the Power switch to turn on your router.
- There is a Reset button on the back panel of your router.
- Locate it and press for a few seconds.
- Release the Reset button and reboot your router.
- You need to restart your modem as well.
- Perform Netgear router setup again to access your internet.
You can choose any method from the above-given procedures when you are looking forward to resetting your Netgear router. However, there are some important things that you should keep in mind so that you don’t get stuck while resetting your router.
Read the following tips for hassle-free Netgear router reset.
- Do not use an outdated web browser while resetting your router via the web interface.
- Simply change the web browser if you can’t open the routerlogin page from an up-to-date web browser.
- Ensure that you enter the correct password or username to log in to your router.
- Make sure that you don’t use HTTP or HTTPS before the Netgear default IP address.
- Double-check wired and wireless connections before resetting your router.
- Do not turn off your router while it is resetting. It may damage or halt your process.
There are numbers of causes like can’t access routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net not working that might force you to reset your Netgear router. Along with that, some technical issues or glitches can also create a barrier when you try to access the internet. Thus, resetting could be the best solution for you to get rid of all such problems.
In case you feel stuck while resetting your router, feel free to contact the technical experts for an immediate solution.