How to make french toast

How to make french toast

You can make french toast by adding cinnamon, sugar, [buttermilk](https://howtodiscuss.com/t/how-to-make-buttermilk/12545), butter, 4 eggs, in a bowl and mix it and take bread, dip in mixture bowl, and fry.

The best classic French toast that is mostly all the people loves it. It is one of the easiest food that usually everyone makes at any time, but this food is delicious and perfect for the breakfast or brunch. It looks like the continental breakfast. The one the best thing about this rich and comfort food that is mostly served with maple syrup.
With practice, you can learn the step of how to make fresh toast, easy and fast. You can easily make it for your whole family and also make it for a bunch of guests at home in the morning and also in the evening. My suggestion is that you should make this healthy food or fat making food. Please avoid it doing daily. specially It is good to start the morning in a better way, with French toast a bowl with fruits and dazzled with maple syrup.

When we come on history French Toast was first made in Roman so its a roman recipe of bread that was full of soaked in milk and then fried. Especially in France it’s actually called the “pain perdu” (lost bread) and made with stale bread.

French Toast Recipe

1 Ingredients:

• 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
  • 2 tbsp of sugar
  • Pinch of salt if you want
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 8 slices challah, brioche, or white bread
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed

2 Type of bread used in a french toast:

There are many types of bread, but some are best for making french toast.
Brioche– The Brioche bread made french toast is one of the classic recipes and this bread is mostly used in restaurants when you order.
This bread is best for soaking in the mixture of the egg. It will produce a light, fluffy piece of breakfast perfection! (It’s the type of bread I use in my fave French Toast Casserole).
Texas Toast or Baguettes – especially these types of bread are best for French Toast since This is on you how much thick you cut. why some people use this bread while making bread because this bread doesn’t need too much soaked in eggs mixture, just dip and take out and fried.
Sandwich Bread or whole wheat Bread – Don’t be fooled by the standard “whatever you have on hand” sandwich bread. Even if it is thinner the bread listed above, you can still dip in the same batter and pan fry. This makes for a delicious and easy last-minute breakfast option!
Challah – Challah is typically sold braided and unsliced. It’s a perfect foundation for this recipe!

3 Directions:

Let discuss how to make french toast takes a small or medium bowl and In a bowl, combine the dried ingredients, and set aside.
Then melt butter on medium heat. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate. choose the bread what type of you want and dip in the egg mixture. Then Fried slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side. Serve with syrup.

Get Creative:

When you are mixing the ingredients, you could add the other flavors like almonds, orange extract or lemon zest, or pumpkin pie spice skip the vanilla and use banana extract and top your breakfast with fresh bananas Substitute the milk for juice or add a splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream or Grand Marnier. Make it delicious.

How to Make Crispy French Toast :

A few times ago, Before that, I really enjoyed the crispy french toast in the restaurant in New York. I don’t remember where the restaurant was, but I do know that the french toast was amazing.
Just like me as you remember the amazing food you enjoyed in restaurants that ever happened to you? You take some chance on a new diner or small family-owned place and are simply wowed by the food? I just love it when that happens!
Since having the superb and amazing crispy french toast in the restaurant, I decided that I have to recreate that type of recipe
After many trials and learning, I am here with the best strategy to get that ideal combination of crispy outside with custard-like inside involves the use of a few distinct steps that include:

• The use butter on the stovetop to begin developing the golden crust
  • The use of best and dry bread to facilitate soaking
  • The use of an oven to finish off baking the inside of the bread.
    When I make a perfect crispy french toast then the contrasting textures of this french toast make this a goto breakfast recipe for me on a Sunday morning cooking. My suggestion is that you have to make it for your friends and family to make them impress.

1 Element:

• 1 loaf of unsliced bread
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 tbsp sugar or sucrose
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 6 tbsp of Butter (may need extra)

2 Instructions for making crispy french toast:

Preheat the oven to 350 to 355 degrees

• Cut the bread loaf in a right way into 1/2 slices
  • Combine ingredients, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix them all.
  • Soak each piece of the bread in the egg mixture don’t over 2 to 3 seconds then thoroughly while turning the bread slices several times in the egg mixture
  • Using medium heat, Then melt a tablespoon of butter slice in a pan and then lightly brown or golden the bread (use additional butter as needed), about 2 minutes per side
  • You have to turn your fried bread into a sheet pan for bake and bake them both sides for 6 minutes each.
  • Serve with pancake syrup and powdered sugar

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1 Is French toast supposed to be mushy?

The excellent French toast will be browned and crispy on the outside and creamy inside. It’s not dry which isn’t soggy. It’s a rich, custard taste (without being overly eggy), and is usually sweetened with sugar and garnish with walnut or fruit syrup, fruit, and butter but it may function yummy Too

2 Can you save French toast batter?

Up to 24 Hours: Prepare the French toast batter and place it into an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours and you can also freeze. When ready to cook, stir the batter to combine well and then proceed with the recipe as written. Up to 3 Months

3 What Milk to Use for French Toast?

Now the best tip for you. I love those toast that are made with the cream that is heavy, but it is also fine made french toast with whatever milk I have the refrigerator, too.

• Heavy Cream
  • Half and Half
  • Whole Milk
  • Skim Milk
  • buttermilk
    Learn how to make buttermilk. By using this milk the recipe turns to delicious.
    You can also use other milk-like dairy-free milk is one the alternatives way for making this recipe to amazing. The flavor may change slightly depending on the milk option that you use
  • Coconut Milk
  • Almond Milk
  • Oat Milk

4 What Sweeteners are used for French Toast?

The Sweeteners are mostly an optional way of making the french toast but remember that this can adds amazing taste in your French toast. So, most the people like it, and some prefer to add it.

• Maple syrup
  • Honey
  • Coconut sugar

Now learn how to make the best ■■■■ French Toast with the easy and simple recipe at home. We will be done by the exciting mixture of some eggs, milk, some pure vanilla extract, and butter while frying on the pan. And don’t miss out on the special bread that will use while making french toast recipe. At that time you have your favorite bread in the kitchen. Let’s start making this one.

Amount of Ingredients for French toast recipe:

• 4 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 6 slices bread
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs butter

Instruction on how to make French toast:

• Whisk up the milk, 4 eggs, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a large bowl. A large bowl taken because it’s easy to dip the bread.

• Place pan over medium low heat and leave butter in pan for melt.

• Dip bread slices for making French toast in ingredients mixture for about 5 seconds each. Make sure both sides are well coated. If you using thick bread then coated for 5-second otherwise dip only one for 1 to 2 seconds.

• Now carefully place the French toast bread in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Approximately 2 minutes per side.

The best way to serve French toast:

You can serve your French toast and make it more delicious by the topping of following

• Maple syrup
  • Butter
  • Cherries

A recipe:

A French toast can make for few ingredients, you can also customize it for you taste. There are few thing you needed.

• Ingredients of French Toast:

1. Bread
  2. Egg
  3. Milk
  4. Salt
  5. Sweetener- optional
  6. Butter
  7. Flavour- vanilla extract
  8. Maple syrup

• Best Bread for making French Toast:

1. French bread
  2. Sandwich bread
  3. Texas toast
  4. Or your favourite bread.

• Milk that you can used for French Toast:

1. Heavy cream
  2. Whole milk
  3. skimmed milk
  4. Dairy free milk
  5. Coconut or almond milk

• Sweeteners ( for personal preferences):

1. Maple syrup
  2. Honey
  3. Coconut sugar

• A full recipe for making French toast.

1. Take a shallow bowl, and Wisk together egg, milk, sweetener, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
  2. Dip bread into it and flip it over quickly so that bread cannot absorb too much liquid and not get too wet, that make French toast to pulpy.
  3. Take a pan and set it with medium heat, melt some butter and cook the bread that coated. It just take few minutes.
  4. Serve immediately with maple syrup or of your choice.
  5. Also you can serve with yogurt and fresh berries.

I want to share you all with my two reciepies fo french toast…just give them a try, its taste is much better and texture is even.
new challan loaf french toast

French style Toast:

The best French toast is made out of a handful of French-style baguettes, cut on the bias, laid into a 13"x 9" glass pan, together. The baguettes is the long thin loaf bread commonly made of French lean dough called French bread.

Over these baguettes with double the egg mixture poured and put in the refrigerator for overnight. You should put sugar and cinnamon and vanilla in my eggs and milk mixture so it help to toast in exact texture. And you the smaller plain pan so all corners of the bread fully dipped into the mixture.

In the daytime, baked at 350 degrees until it is light brown and puffed. It sure you to cook the eggs fully when you out knife in it comes clean. Server it with powder sugar in special occasions.

American style Toast:

Get a whole challah loaf from a bakery, cut it into half inch slices. Now make a mixture of

• 1 egg per piece of bread
  • 2 table spoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • Add some milk to make bread wet. (1/4 cup of milk for 6 eggs)

In a flat plain bottom bowl, make mixture and soak bread into it. Cook it in a pan with butter or oil and cook from both side until it turns to golden brown.

Put them on a serving dish and serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup or honey.

1 Like

To make french toast, there is no original recipe or the best-one. It depends on the individuals’ interests and taste preferences.

Recipe # 1 ( Franch Toast)

1. It can be made from the slate bread
  2. Cut the slice and dip into the solution of the egg, sugar, and milk.
  3. You may add salt or other sweeteners for better taste.
  4. than fried in the butter and server with cherry and creams.

Recipe # 2 (Spicy cheese Franch Toast)

1. Take 4 bread slices + 2 eggs
  2. Cut some veggies like capsicum, mushrooms, onion, beans, etc.
  3. make a mixture of the above things with eggs and add some salt, pepper, and oregano.
  4. Dip the bread in this mixture and fry.
  5. garnish it with cheese and souces.
1 Like

Easy French Toast Recipe in just 10 minutes

An easy and tasty hit on your table
French Toast
French toast could also be a dish made up of sliced bread soaked in eggs and typically milk, then pan fried. Alternative names and variants include “eggy bread”, “Bombay toast”, “German toast”.
French toast is perfect for breakfast. Its a very good brunch. An easy and quick meal to cook for breakfast having an awesomely delicious taste!

Ingredients:

1. 2 large sized eggs
  2. 2 tbsp brown sugar
  3. 1/3 cup Milk
  4. 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
  5. 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
  6. 1 pinch Salt
  7. Thick sliced bread (5-6 slices)
  8. Butter 1tsp

Note :

• You can use any milk of your choice with hand-even heavy cream.
  • Extra ingredients such as almond, honey will give heaven like taste.

Directions:

Step 01: Mix Ingredients in a shallow bowl :bowl_with_spoon:

Mix eggs and brown sugar in a bowl and beat the eggs well until the sugar is dissolved.
Pour some milk in the same bowl and add vanillas essence combined with cinnamon powder and salt. Mix the ingredients well and yay your batter is ready !!

Step 02: Soak the bread :bread:

Dip the bread into its eggy bath. Allow for it to soak for around half a minute on each side. This is what gives the toast its creamy middle. Let any excess drip off.

Step 03: Time to Cook !

Pick up a pan and melt some butter. Place the soaked bread and cook for 2-3 min or when the bottom turns golden brown, flip the toast and repeat. Once both sides are cooked to your liking, your toast is ready to serve. :pie: :coffee:
Garnish it with some cherries of your choice and pour some honey for a heavenly taste.

Step by Step Video to make a perfect toast for breakfast in just a few minutes

Video below contains all the necessary measurements you need to prepare your delicious toast in a very simple and quick way.

How to make French Toast using Oven?

• Follow Step 01 and Step 02 mentioned above.

Mix Ingredients in a shallow bowl.
Mix eggs and brown sugar in a bowl and beat the eggs well until the sugar is dissolved. Dip the bread into its eggy bath. Allow for it to soak for around half a minute on each side. This is what gives the toast its creamy middle. Let any excess drip off.
Pour some milk in the same bowl and add vanillas essence combined with cinnamon powder and salt. Mix the ingredients well and yay your batter is ready !!

• Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Bake in preheated oven until beginning to firm, 25 to 30 minutes.

Basic French toast recipe for two people

French toast is a bread food prepared with eggs and technique of frying. French toast is consumed for breakfast or as a dessert, snack and typically served hot. You can give your breakfast an amazing look and enjoy this delicious meal which can be prepared in just a few minutes.
Basic French Toast
You just have to follow the above mentioned simple procedure with 2-4 slices of bread only or as per your appetite.

Traditional French toast recipe.

The basic ingredients for French toast are nearly always available:
stale bread, eggs, milk, butter, and a frypan .
But the taste can vary counting on the toppings you decide on that’s why there are differing types of French toasts available, one among them is understood as traditional French toasts.
This toast is usually cooked by using thick slices of either French or Italian bread , especially if it’s seeds on the top of it.
Traditional French Toast

• In a bowl, beat the eggs until they form a smooth liquid consistency (it’s best to use and electric hand mixer for about 30 seconds).
  • Add milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix well.
  • Thoroughly coat each slice of bread with the mixture but be sure not to soak too much and simply fry until golden brown.
  • Stuff some butter between toast and garnish as per your wish.

Some commonly asked Questions:

What type of bread should I use ?

You can use any kind of bread of your choice for this recipe, white or brown, Italian or French. But French toast comes out best if you use thick slices of loaf bread.

How long can I store a French toast?

French toast can be best kept by storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. But I would suggest AS MUCH THE HEALTHY AND FRESH DIET YOU EAT MORE HEALTHIER AND FRESH YOU BECOME!

What can I serve with French Toast?

Its all up to your own creative mind you can serve it raw or you can include a couple of things. Some great options include bacon or sausage, fresh berries or melon, hash browns or a couple of eggs.

What are the best toppings for French toast?

Topping typically includes French toast that could be jam, honey, maple syrup, butter, cheese or bacon and fruit. You can also garnish it with some cherries of your choice and pour some honey for a heavenly taste.

How much calories it contains?

Calorie:

A calorie is a unit of energy.
Scientists have defined “calorie” to mean a unit of energy or heat that would come from a spread of sources, like coal or gas.
Talking in nutritional sense, all kinds of food — whether or not they are fats, proteins, carbohydrates or sugars — are important sources of calories, which individuals got to live and performance well.

Calories in French toast:

It can approximately contain 210 calories per 2 slices of bread.

What nutrients are contained by a French toast?

French toast is made with bread and eggs which is regarded as the great source of carbohydrates. Similar to calories, carbs. French toast is also rich in fat, protein, selenium, sodium and riboflavin and it has various vitamins or minerals. Nutrients and their amounts are given below in form of a table.

Name Amount
Calories 126 Kcal/cup
Vitamin B-12 41.25%
Vitamin B6 22.54%
Sodium 22.54%
Selenium 18.00%
Vitamin B2 17.31%
Carbohydrate 14.57%
Fiber 1.4 g
Proteins 3.8 g