The winged eyeliner or cat eyeliner is an amazingly popular look that makes every woman look amazing and is very easy to do. Don’t worry: it’s super easy to apply flawless eyeliner with hooded wings. Practice applying eyeliner by hand or using tape as a guide to achieving the perfect wing. Then arrange the eyeliner and give it some time to harden. If desired, add a little mascara to complete your look.
We should all concur that nothing hoists your eye to make up the game like an entirely drawn emotional winged eyeliner. It looks super hot and complements almost any type of look. With the winged liner being the hottest trend, you can’t let your shaking hands and lack of skill stop you from achieving this feat.
How to do winged eyeliner?
1. Create a freehand outline
Before applying a liner, put an eye shadow primer or concealer under your eyes and on your lids and mix well. This will create a smoother, more even base for your eyeliner and will also help the liner to adhere better to your lids.
2. Put on eye shadow
If you want to apply eye shadow, you can do so before applying eyeliner. Otherwise, your eyeliner will get messy if you apply it over the eye shadow. Keep your eyeshadow inconspicuous when utilized in blend with a winged liner.
3. Apply eyeliner pencil on your upper lash
Draw a thin line as close to your upper lashes as possible using a light pencil. It works as a base for your winged eyeliner.
Start at the inner corner of the eye moving to the outer corner. Stop toward the end of your lash line.
the line shouldn’t be perfect however it ought to be slight. You need to go over the line so a little harshness won’t have an effect.
Keep your eyelid as flat as possible.
Hold the eyelid with your little finger while you apply the liner.
Instead of trying to apply the liner in one continuous line, draw a series of strokes. It’s a lot easier to apply this way.
4. Measure how far you want the wing to extend.
Hold your pencil so that it is pointing at the end of your lower lashes. Line it up diagonally so that it looks like a continuation of your lower lash line.
- The line runs diagonally up and out.
- If you have a hooded eyelid, you may need to tilt the wing more outward than upward to avoid the hooded part of your lid.
- To get the correct plot for your wing, outwardly draw a line from the external edge of your nose to the external corner of your eyebrow.
5. Draw a thin diagonal line for the wing.
This line should roughly coincide with the guideline you imagined when you pressed the liner pen against your eyelid. In other words, it should almost look like an extension of your top lash line.
- Before you start, ensure you have a mirror. Additionally, ensure your elbow or arm is on a steady surface. This allows more control over the creation of your grand piano!
- Start at the top of the eyeliner line drawn above your top lash line.
- Draw a diagonal line about 45 degrees out and up. The line should point in the general direction of the end of your eyebrow.
- It is up to you how much length of the eyebrow you want to keep. A subtle winged eyeliner look should have a short line at this point, but a more dramatic one can extend to just below your forehead bone. Never pull it out to the eyebrow itself.
How To Create A Winged Eyeliner With A Corner Eyeliner Brush?
This one has been uniquely intended to assist you with your winged eyeliner misfortunes. To be honest, it is very easy. To get the best results, slightly wet the brush and then apply.
How do you?:
- Dunk the calculated brush into your eyeliner pot and spot it on the external edge of your eye to shape a point with your sanctuaries
- Place the same brush in reverse over the line you just drew to create the top curve of your wing
- Fill in the gap between the lines with your eyeliner brush and stretch out the liner to the internal corner not surprisingly.
How do I do winged eyeliner with tape?
Aside from regularly mending your torn paraphernalia, your duct tape or good old cellophane can also help you draw perfect winged eyeliners
How do you?:
- Cut a piece of tape about 2 cm in size and stick it around the outer edge of your eyes at an angle you want your wings to be.
- Using your eyeliner, draw along the angled edge to trace the wing using the outline of the tape.
- Finally, extend the line along your upper lash line.
How to make an ideal winged eyeliner with a spoon?
Head to your kitchen and grab a spoon to provide you with the perfect eyeliner with wings you’ve always wanted. The straight edge of the handle and the curve of the spoon are the perfect aiming tool for neat and precise wings.
How do you?:
- Hold the handle of the spoon at the external corner of your eye.
- Using your eyeliner, draw a straight line along the line of the handle.
- Now insert the rounded part of the spoon and grasp your eyelids.
- Utilize the adjusted edge to make the surprising tip of your wing.
- Fill in the space between two lines with eyeliner and draw the liner onto your upper lash line as usual.
Create winged eyeliner with a swipe card
Instead of paying to buy expensive stencils and tools to create clean wings with your eyeliner, use your credit or debit card to draw your winged eyeliner
How do you?:
- Hold the straight edge of the card at the outer corner of your eye and make a slight bevel with your temples.
- Trace the straight edge with eyeliner to create the wings.
- Pull the eyeliner along the upper lash line to the inner corner of the eye.
Tips and precautions when applying winged eyeliner
Be careful when choosing your eyeliner type. The eyeliner comes in three main avatars - liquid, gel, and pencil. While liquid and gel liners make a bolder and more eye-catching finish, the job can be a bit messy, especially for beginners. Pens, on the flip side, provide a softer and more subtle finish, give you good control, and are therefore recommended for beginners.
Winged eyeliner and cat eyes look super hot on almost everyone and can be worn for any occasion or even daily. However, you can play with the length and sharpness of the wings depending on how dramatic you want to be. Also, figure out the placement and shape of the wings that complement the shape of your eye and adjust them accordingly.
If you’re a beginner, it’s only natural to mess up eyeliner despite all the guidance. Don’t worry if you make a mistake. Dip a cotton swab in petroleum jelly and use it to gently remove the stain. You can also use a clear lip gloss for a quick fix.
To have even better control over liquid eyeliners, toss them in a refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. This will harden the applicator to make it easier to control.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why is Winged Eyeliner so popular?
One of the reasons winged eyeliner has remained so popular is that it can be adapted to flatter different eye shapes. Makeup artists find this a useful tip when working with a variety of clients. … When applied correctly, the winged liner can also make the eyes appear larger and brighter.
2. What is the best eyeliner to use for winged eyes?
Best eyeliner for the perfect winged eyeliner look
- 01/18 I just stole it already! …
- Tattoo Liner 02 / 18Kat Von D. …
- 03/18 Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner. …
- 04/18 Benefit Roller Liner. …
- 05/18 Maybelline Hyper Sharp Eyeliner. …
- 06/18 Benefit that they are real! …
- 07 / 18NYX The Curve eyeliner. …
- 08/18 Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner.
3. Which eye shape is the most attractive?
The male composite face illustrates that we find oval-shaped eyes and blue eyes to be the most attractive to men. Blue is the second most common eye color, but it is still much rarer than brown. Oval is also not one of the six common eye shapes.
4. What is the difference between winged and cat’s eye?
The biggest difference between winged eyeliner and cat eyeliner is that the winged look includes just the upper eyelid liner to bring out the stark difference between the two lids; while the cat’s eye look includes the generous use of liner on both lids.
5. Is it okay to wear eyeliner every day?
Daily eyeliner application will give you a defined and clean look every day (if applied correctly). It will make you look beautiful, cute, pretty, hot, kind, fashionista, ready, every day! Please make sure to follow the facial cleansing regimen every night before bed, regardless of makeup usage. Cleansing, toning, moisturizing.