Farfegnugen

Farfegnugen

Farfegnugen (or fargin, as some people spell it) means to become so angry that you are no longer able to form coherent words or sentences; you are reduced to grunting, usually inarticulately. The term farfegnugen comes from the word fegen, which refers to cleaning; if you don’t clean something well enough and the task takes a very long time, it can make you farfegnugen because of your frustration with your slow progress.

Definition of farfegnugen

A word or expression used in a way that may or may not have a logical meaning, or which can be interpreted in more than one way.

It is often used when someone is trying to indicate they are making an obscure point, but it’s not clear what that point is. Farfegnugen could also mean some sort of mental disconnect.

The term farfegnugen means roughly, when you are thinking about one thing, but something else pops into your head that makes you think about something else entirely. It can be used in a sentence like:

The coach was giving a lecture on how to score points. For some reason, I thought of food.

Then there’s farfegnugen as a general sort of mental disconnect, where you can’t quite remember something or connect all of your thoughts together in a sensible way.

It’s often used as an expression of some sort of mild frustration at not being able to put things into words.

Spelling of farfegnugen

far-feh-guh-new-gen. /ˈfɑrfəgnoʊg ɛn/ Adjective: 1. a feeling of discomfort, frustration, or annoyance as a result of having to deal with something absurd or pointless (like many aspects of modern life) that is completely out of one’s control.

In other words, when life throws you lemons and you get pussed off because they are out of grapefruit juice. Origin: Urban Dictionary.

Originally used by a friend to describe her response to being stuck in traffic, farfegnugen has since become an underground word embraced by those who feel that life sometimes throws lemons at them. That is because there is no damns grapefruit juice!

Now that we are established in our frustration, let’s look at how we can deal with it. First of all, know that there is no way to control other people.

You cannot change their behavior and you certainly cannot force them to do things your way. Those who believe otherwise live under a rock called The delusion of control. Farfegnugen has taught me that by doing nothing, bad things will eventually resolve themselves and you can move on with your life.

Meaning of farfegnugen

a word which has no real meaning. Can be used in place of any other word, typically to poke fun at someone who uses a particular expression too much. Usually preceded by that, as in That’s really farfegnugen.

The dictionary definition of farfegnugen is a nonsense word that makes no sense. Most people use it when they are speaking to someone who is trying to sound clever and proper but in fact has come out with something completely inappropriate and ridiculous. Farfegnugen was originally a misspelling of befogged used by Lewis Carroll in Through The Looking Glass.

It is now used as an alternative spelling for any made-up word, such as sniglets or portmanteau words like smog or brunch.

Word Origin of farfegnugen

German, from fargen ‘to confuse’ + ge-unge ‘uncertainty.’ Rhymes with car, far. In German, fargen is an obsolete verb that means to confuse or to cause disorder or bedlam; it is related to verwirren (to disorient or bewilder) and gefahr (danger). At its most basic level, fargen means to mess up.

In U.S. German, farfegnugen means ‘to spell incorrectly.’
It is formed from farfen, to color (the imperative of farben) and ge-unge, uncertainty or discordance or conflict: [far(b)en + ge-unge].

It is also used as a term of derision when someone isn’t sure how to spell something correctly, especially in a formal context. For example, if you’re mocking someone who spelled ‘potato’ as ‘potatoe,’ you might refer to them as farfegnugen.

Farfegnugen

Noun; a voguish term for a misspelling of verbiage, derived from German as if it were an English word. Usage: Farfegnugen is oft used in social media to refer to spelling mistakes. It is important that you don’t use farfegnugen as though it is an actual word, or else you may sound like a twit.

It is important that you do not use farfegnugen as though it is an actual word, or else you may sound like a twit.
To be safe, it would probably be best to avoid using farfegnugen altogether.
1 Best Seller in Marketing Books on Amazon for 28 consecutive days!

By purchasing a copy today, you will learn how to effectively market your business to attract more customers, while reducing your costs and increasing profits.

Summary

One of my all-time favorite words is farfegnugen. It comes from a funny scene in Holy Grail, where some dudes are having a sword fight while riding horses and they accidentally say it…instead of saying forsooth! Or something like that. I don’t know if you can say it in real life, but who cares? It may not be so much a word as an exclamation, or perhaps simply a good swear.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is Fahrvergnügen a real phrase?

“Fahrvergnügen” manner “riding leisure” in English (from fahren, “to power,” and Vergnügen, “enjoyment”). The time period itself isn’t always general German however a neologism (compound noun) created especially for this advertising and marketing marketing campaign.

What does some distance Fig Nubian suggest?

Fahrvergnügen n (strong, genitive Fahrvergnügens, plural Fahrvergnügen) Driving satisfaction. Quotations

What does a ways Fig Newton?

On television and radio, Volkswagen announces itself as the purveyor of Fahrvergnugen, which a few people pronounce ‘‘some distance fig newton’’ and which interprets roughly as riding delight

What is the German word for a Volkswagen?

It changed into owned by the German authorities and they determined to name it “Volkswagenwerk”, that is translated to “the people’s vehicle employer”.

What is Fahrvergnugen?

It is a play at the old VW classified ads from the 70’s and 80’s. Fahrvergnugen! It turned into alleged to be THE phrase to describe the joy of driving a VW. The first time I noticed Fergunament became at a Grateful Deads show, and I think it was a Deadhead that got here up with it. I had one on my VW Bus returned inside the early 90’s.

Who does Porsche very own?

Volkswagen Group
Yes, Volkswagen Group is Porsche’s parent agency. Volkswagen and Porsche merged in 2011. Volkswagen Group is also the parent organization of various other luxurious automobile manufacturers, consisting of Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, and Lamborghini.

What is a Volkswagen Beetle?

The Volkswagen Beetle—formally the Volkswagen Type 1, informally in German der Käfer (that means “beetle”), in components of the English-speaking international the Bug, and known by using many different nicknames in other languages—is a -door, rear-engine financial system car, intended for five occupants (later, Beetles have been limited to four

Why is it known as Tiguan?

Tiguan— The Tiguan call is a pass among tiger and leguan, the German phrases for tiger and iguana.

What is a Leguan?

Definition of leguan

: a huge lizard the leguan had the tortoise gripped in its jaws— W. H. Archer.

What does Tiguan mean?

The name Tiguan is a portmanteau of the German words Tiger (“tiger”) and Leguan (“iguana”) and received a naming contest by using German automobile mag writer Auto Bild—from a field of names that still protected Namib, Rockton, Samun and Nanuk.

Conclusion

The word farfegnugen is a Swiss dialect word meaning to pull apart or break down. The word is most popularly used in America when something was broken in an odd way, or if it appeared that someone had tried to fix a thing but had done so poorly. The phrase farfegnugen car is also commonly used, which means an automobile in a state of being ill-repaired or that does not run well.

Related Articles

1. Farfegnugen

2. Farfegnugen

farfegnugen

Farfegnugen

What is a fern? 3

I have no idea. But I heard it from a fool. I think defining a gas owner is a state term.

The term recreational driving in German (driving, driving and recreation, enjoyment). One of the slogans in the word is: the joy of driving: that turns a car into a Volkswagen.

GCG = fairy princess.

All I knew was that if it tasted like ice cream I would let it go!

When two lovers are away from each other.

Good.

Do you want to talk to me

Farfegnugen

Farfegnugen

I always thought it had something to do with Volkswagen advertising.

it's a pleasure to meet you...

Farfegnugen