Chevy Equinox Bluetooth Not Working

Chevy Equinox’s Bluetooth is not working, then you should restart the phone or gadget you’re using, then reconnect it to the Bluetooth in your car. You may need to remove and pair again if that doesn’t work. Chevy Equinox can start over when pairing by uninstalling your smartphone from the car and the car from your smartphone.

How Do I Pair My Device?

Your compatible device must have a few requirements before it can communicate with and interact with the Chevy Entertainment System in your car.

• Ensure that Bluetooth connectivity on your phone is turned on.

• Look for a button or switch that indicates Bluetooth is on, an icon in the taskbar, or both.

• Make sure your phone is “discoverable,” which means other Bluetooth systems looking for devices to link can find and recognize it.

• The precise steps you must take may change based on the model of the phone and the software it runs.

• If you require assistance, please check your phone’s user guide.

Voice Recipient

1. Put the car in park. Say “Pair Phone” after pressing the Push to Talk button and listening for the sound.

2. Locate and choose the vehicle’s hardware on the phone.

3. Your Phone will either request that you confirm a 6-digit code or input a 4-digit pin that is presented on the radio screen.

4. Allow your Phone to download your phonebook and accept a Bluetooth connection.

5. The Phone is connected.

Issues Your Car’s Bluetooth Isn’t Working

Causes Issues
Conformity should be updated on both devices.
Unprepared to Pair Must activate the pairing device .
Power Should be recharged Both devices .
Pairing wrong Because of a faulty network
Irregular Vehicles and Bluetooth should interact correctly with each other.

Radio Commands

1. Put the car in park. Select HOME from the menu.

2. Click the icon for the phone screen.

3. Select Bluetooth, then Phone Settings.

4. Choose “Pair Device” in step.

5. Locate and choose the vehicle’s hardware on the phone.

6. Your Phone will either request that you confirm a 6-digit code or input a 4-digit pin that is presented on the radio screen.

7. Allow your Phone to download your phonebook or connect via Bluetooth.

Pairing Device Is Not Working

• Remove your Phone from the list of “Paired Bluetooth Devices” in your car

• Remove your car’s infotainment system2 from the linked devices on your smartphone list.

• Shut off your car.

• Wait two minutes after opening and closing the car door before starting the engine again.

• Repair your device by adhering to the first pairing guidelines

Making No Bluetooth Calls

Several things could impact the effectiveness of your Bluetooth call. The software of your smartphone or the entertainment system in your car could be at fault. Ensure your smartphone or device is running the most recent software version. Once your device has been updated and you still have issues with Bluetooth calling, consider erasing your phone’s pairing and then pairing it again.

:pinching_hand: Summary:

Visit the Bluetooth Pairing Instructions page for your vehicle to discover if your phone is compatible with the infotainment system in your car, to view step-by-step instructions for pairing your phone with your infotainment system, and learn what your car can accomplish with Bluetooth technology:

After Updating The Phone’s OS, Connection Problems

We advise removing your smartphone from the “Paired Bluetooth Devices” list in your car and removing your car’s infotainment system from the “Paired Bluetooth Devices” list in your smartphone if you are having problems straight after a software update. Turn off your car. Close the door as you exit the car. Restart your smartphone after two minutes, then couple it with your car again.

Some Devices Refuse To Connect Automatically

Choose the appliance or car you want to connect. When your car is turned on, you can typically only have one active Bluetooth connection. To determine which phone is in use, look at the “Paired Bluetooth Devices” list on your smartphone and car. Pairing devices that are usually used in your car. If the device isn’t active, it proceeds to the next linked device on the list until one is.

Phone Disconnecting At Random

To grant your vehicle access to your device, you must exchange security credentials when you pair a device with a vehicle. A code key is generated and can require pair once more if your device or the vehicle loses the key.

Phone Connects To Other Vehicles, But Not To My Vehicle

The pairing procedure may vary depending on the smartphone and infotainment system models.

Bluetooth Music Streaming Is Not Working

Some infotainment systems support only Bluetooth calling and not Bluetooth media streaming. Press the “Source” or “Media” on-screen button to see if “Bluetooth” is displayed as an audio source to verify if your infotainment system supports Bluetooth media streaming.

To play audio media from your device, if it isn’t displayed as one of the selectable media options, connect using a USB or auxiliary cable. The call will move to the handset when the ignition is off after a predetermined time. Try removing your phone’s pairing and connecting it again if “Bluetooth” is shown as an audio source.

Dropping Or Disconnecting Calls

When The Ignition Is Off, calls Stop.

The call will be transferred to the handset when the ignition is off after a predetermined time.

Calls Cease

A call may be dropped owing to a Bluetooth disconnect, which can happen for several reasons and result in the call being disconnected in the car and transferred back to the handset. If required, repair your Bluetooth device and check your signal strength before attempting to make another call.

Change Volume

Volume Of Calls Very High And Low

Dial phones and infotainment systems have separate volume controls. Increase or lower the volume settings on your Phone and infotainment system until you have the desired volume for your call.

Between Radio And Phone Calls , Adjust Volume.

The radio level will remain high after the call finishes if the phone volume is turned up high while the radio is turned down. When a Bluetooth phone call finishes, the radio volume will still be low if the phone volume is turned up while the call is in progress.

Sound Quality

Distorted Audio

An unreliable call can sound distorted due to several factors. It can be because the cellular connection is weak where the automobile is or because your device is concurrently engaged in other Bluetooth-related tasks, such as downloading messages or the phone book. Try erasing your phone’s pairing and repairing it if the issue continues.

When Playing Bluetooth Music, Static

Any Bluetooth activity occurring simultaneously on your smartphone and running in the background can degrade the quality of Bluetooth audio streaming.

On Call, The Sound Crackles

The strength of your cellular connection and any background apps operating on your phone when trying to make a call can affect how well your audio connects or drops. Check the Bluetooth connection and signal strength on your smartphone, and if necessary, repair it.

Between Bluetooth And USB Cable Connections

The strength of your cellular connection and any background apps operating on your phone when you’re trying to make a call can affect how well your audio connects or drops. Check the Bluetooth connection and signal strength on your smartphone, and if necessary, repair it.

2016 Chevy Equinox Bluetooth Music Not Working

Your phone has gotten unpaired, which is the most frequent cause of your 2016 Chevrolet Equinox’s Bluetooth music system not working. If another audio output appears to function normally, it’s also conceivable that you have another issue with your head unit or audio system.

Check to determine whether you can hear audio from other sources, such as the CD player, auxiliary port(s), or the radio, to determine the problem. If only Bluetooth is malfunctioning, you should follow the instructions to fix your phone or another Bluetooth-enabled device.

If all of your audio is malfunctioning, you’re likely dealing with a much more expensive problem, which could involve anything from faulty wiring to a broken head unit to blown speakers.

Features Of The Chevy

Features Explanation
SMS alerts You can listen to incoming SMS and react.
Siri Eyes Free This feature is only available on the iPhone, with free access to important SMS.
SiriusXM Providing up-to-the-minute information on the weather and traffic in your area
With turn-by-turn directions You can navigate without missing a step or taking the incorrect route.
4G LTE wi-fi When you’re on the go, you can stay connected with a hotspot connection.

:pinching_hand: Summary:

The software on your phone is sometimes outdated; you could occasionally experience Bluetooth issues. So, suppose you’ve previously used the Bluetooth Device Compatibility Guide to determine whether your phone is compatible. In that case, the next step is ensuring that your phone has installed the most recent firmware update.

FAQS

Here are some Frequently Ask Questions:

Q.1 How do I enable Bluetooth In Chevy Equinox?

To connect your smartphone to Chevy MyLink, ensure the Bluetooth is turned on. Then tap the phone icon on the MyLinks main screen. There will be a short set of instructions you can follow to complete the pairing of your mobile phone with your new Equinox via Bluetooth.

Q.2 Why my Bluetooth does not work in the Chevy Equinox.

Smartphones or software in-vehicle infotainment systems could be a problem. Make sure you have the latest software version for your smartphone or device. If you have updated your device and are still unsure about Bluetooth calling, try disconnecting the phones and reconnecting.

Q.3 Why can’t I sync my phone with my car?

Drop your Phone’s Bluetooth and turn it on. In SYNC, turn Bluetooth off and on again. If it doesn’t work, continue with steps 3 and 4. Press the phone key> scroll to System settings> press OK> scroll to Connect to Bluetooth device> press OK> scroll to [Select phone]> press OK.

Q.4 Does Chevy Equinox also have Bluetooth?

Yes, the 2011 Chevy Equinox can connect to the Phone via Bluetooth. It is part of an alternative package of LS. With 1LT, 2LT, and ZTL, however, the wireless telephone connection is standard.

Q.5 How can I listen to music via Bluetooth in Chevy Equinox?

Press an iPod’s MENU / SEL button to choose the Bluetooth configuration while connected. You would then be prompted to establish a connection with a Bluetooth-enabled device. Say “yes” and adhere to the directions. You must configure your phone to play music through the infotainment system while configuring it.

Q.6 Why isn’t Bluetooth working in my car?

If you’re having trouble pairing or connecting in your car, there are six common reasons your Bluetooth device may not connect:

1. Ensure Bluetooth is powered on and ready to connect to your devices.

2. Remove all defects.

3. Turn the devices off and on again.

Q .7 Why does Bluetooth no longer work in the car?

Load the two devices you want to connect.

Q. 8 Why is my Bluetooth device disabled?

If you run into this issue, try the following tips:

1. Make sure airplane mode is turned off (Settings and on airplane mode).

2. Restart your device by holding the power button until you see the red slider, then pull it out.

3. Update your iOS version.

Q 9 How do I sync my phone with my car?

1. Step 1: start pairing on your car stereo. Start the Bluetooth pairing process on your car stereo.
  2. Step 2: Open the phone settings menu.
  3. Step 3: Select the Bluetooth Settings submenu.
  4. Step 4: Select the stereo system.
  5. Step 5: Enter the PIN code.
  6. Optional: Activate support.
  7. Step 6: Enjoy your music.

Q .10 How do I reset the Bluetooth?

1. You should first select Advanced under Settings → System. 2: Set up Reset settings and then click Reset Bluetooth, wi-fi, and Mobile. 3) Enter your Phone’s PIN in the Reset settings option below when prompted.

Q.11 How do I listen to music via Bluetooth on the 2010 Chevy Equinox?

Ensure Bluetooth is turned on on your mobile phone. On the MyLink screen, tap Phone, Connect phone, then Add phone. Select the Chevrolet MyLink system from the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device. After checking the PIN code displayed on the MyLink screen, press the Pair button.

Q.12 How do I turn on a Chevy MyLink?

To connect with Bluetooth.

Q.13 Do you need OnStar to use Bluetooth?

It is not necessary to maintain OnStar to use the Phone with Bluetooth.

Q.14 How do I set up Bluetooth in my Chevrolet car?

Make sure your mobile device has Bluetooth turned on. Tap Phone, Connect phone, then Add phone on the MyLink screen. On your mobile device’s Bluetooth menu, choose your Chevrolet MyLink system. Press the Pair button after verifying the PIN code shown on the MyLink screen.

Q.15 Does a 2014 Chevy Equinox have Bluetooth?

This overview shows how to connect Bluetooth to your 2014 Chevrolet Equinox. This technology feature makes it easy to call, text, and stream music from your Chevrolet SUV.

Q.16 Does the 2009 Chevy Traverse have Bluetooth?

The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse has Bluetooth functions in all equipment variants. The equipment variants LTZ and 2LT have Bluetooth standards. Bluetooth is optional in the LS and 1LT versions.

Q. 17 Does the Chevy Equinox 2014 have GPS?

The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox is equipped with navigation as standard on the 2LT and ZTL models.

Q.18 How do I use Bluetooth in my Chevrolet Cruze?

Turn on the digital console and tap Settings on the main screen. Use the right button to scroll through the settings. Press the menu button on Bluetooth, then press Pair Device. Go to your phone settings, wait, select Chevrolet Cruze, then Par.

Q.19 Why won’t my iPhone pair with Bluetooth in my car?

Restart the computer. Turn off Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth once more after waiting for roughly 5 seconds. For more details on how to pair with a Bluetooth device, consult the owner’s manual that came with your automobile.

Q. 20 How may an unsuccessful pairing be fixed?

Reset your Android devices by changing wi-fi, mobile, and Bluetooth settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options. For iOS and iPadOS devices, you’ll need to unpair every device, restart your phone or tablet by going to Settings > Bluetooth, selecting the info icon, and selecting Forget This Device for each device.

Conclusion

When you couple a phone with a car, you must exchange security information so the car can access the phone. It could be necessary to pair it again if your phone or the vehicle loses the encryption key.

Related Article

1. Why is my Bluetooth not working

2. Equinox show

3. Bluetooth versions.