What Software Does Jaiden Animations Use?

What Software Does Jaiden Animations Use

Jaiden Animations, who created the cartoon I’m Jaiden, has seen incredible success in the YouTube world, with more than 2.6 million subscribers and 500 million video views to date. But what software does Jaiden Animations use to bring her cartoons to life? In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at the software tools she uses to animate her videos, including Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya and Google Chrome Canary.

Which software do I use?

In order to make our animations, we have invested in a lot of different programs. One program we use for all of our storyboards is Photoshop. We use Flash for animation, Unity3D for the 3D models and Blend tools by Autodesk to render the backgrounds.

For audio production we use Audacity. Our music comes from many different sources because sometimes it needs to sound retro or futuristic while other times it needs to be jazzy or classical depending on what type of scene it is in.

For voice acting, we go through our friends and fans on Twitter. We use Dragon Dictate for all of our computer typing, so it’s nice to have a quick way to add effects and background noises in Audacity as well.

How much does it cost?

1. Animation isn’t an easy process! It takes a lot of time, thought, and creativity. For my projects, I animate with Clip Studio Paint Pro, Adobe Photoshop CC 2018, Dragonframe 8 Pro (formerly Mocha), and/or Blender. My school also provides us with Maya and After Effects. These pieces of software are all expensive (ranging from $200-$2k) but they’re worth the investment if you know how to use them properly.

2. If you’re not willing or able to invest in animation programs, you can use free programs like GIMP and MyPaint. The limitations of this software are clear (clip art in my videos for example) but they’re extremely easy to learn and use! I used GIMP for 5 years before moving onto a paid program, so if you’re just starting out on your journey, give it a go!

3. If you’re just starting out on your journey, give it a go! GIMP and MyPaint are both free programs that let you get a feel for animation. Even if you’re not planning to animate, they’re great tools for artists of all skill levels! For example, here’s a before-and-after comparison of my art in both GIMP and Clip Studio Paint Pro. As you can see, these pieces took very different amounts of time.

How did I learn how to use it?

• I started using the Adobe Creative Suite in 2009 and have since learned how to use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects. Photoshop is by far my favourite program.

• I like drawing on the computer because it feels more like a natural progression of drawing than anything else I have tried. With traditional animation there are tons of drawings involved so getting as many done as you can in a small amount of time is really important.

• I started by looking at tutorials, watching YouTube videos and playing around with the program. I have since gotten very good at using my Wacom tablet with Photoshop which allows me to draw digitally instead of tracing over my pencil drawings.

• I use a Wacom Cintiq tablet with Photoshop. I like using my tablet because it helps me keep up with my workflow and doesn’t slow me down while drawing. It also reduces paper usage since I can draw directly onto my computer screen instead of using paper and tracing over every drawing I make.

Did you go through any training?

Yes, in addition to school and video games, I’ve always been into drawing. Before getting into the animation world I spent a year studying fine arts and illustration at OCAD University in Toronto.

There, in addition to traditional techniques like drawing on paper with pencils or paintbrushes, we learned how computer-generated images work. Every time I opened my sketchbook as a student I knew exactly how many pixels wide each line had to be if it was going to look right on the screen.

After graduating I was determined to find a job doing something in animation so I enrolled in The Animation Workshop, one of Canada’s most prestigious post-secondary animation schools. It was an intense 5 months but I learned more than ever before, and it helped me land my first freelance gig immediately after!

Did you need prior knowledge in order to use it?

• Not at all! I had never done any digital drawing before and it was very easy to get started. The tutorials are great because they explain everything you need to know in a simple way. It’s such a fun, creative way of expressing yourself - even if you don’t have any artistic skills!

• The best part of all is that there are no limits! You can create anything you want and share it with your friends on social media or right here on my website. There is an amazing community of people who post their art and support each other. They are so supportive, which makes it even more exciting when I receive comments on my art telling me how much they love it!

• I really recommend using animation software like Flipagram. It’s very intuitive and easy to use, making it a great place for beginner animators to get started!

Why did you choose this specific software over all the others out there?

I chose the Adobe suite of programs over all the other ones because I really liked the way they could save files in a compressed video format (AVI) and also import layers (using Adobe Illustrator) without losing quality. It’s much more affordable than some of the other programs, so when it came down to which one I wanted for my business, it was an easy decision!

I also like using Adobe Flash because it’s very versatile in terms of how I use it for my business. I can do most things with Flash, from designing animation and characters to creating a video game or interactive character sheet. It doesn’t get boring, which is always nice!

One of my favourite things about Adobe Flash is how easily it exports files and how quickly it converts vector graphics (from Adobe Illustrator). I create all of my characters in Adobe Illustrator and then import them into flash where they’re made interactive and animated.

Will you teach me how to use it?

1. I want to teach you how to animate a cartoon! But first, we need to know the software. So what does Jaiden Animation use? A program called Adobe Flash. You can download a free copy of it here.

2. The next thing you need is a computer. Any computer from like 2008 will do just fine. But if you can get your hands on a better machine, go for it! You’ll be animating much faster. I personally use a Mac, but any computer will do. When I was first starting out though, I used a PC and it still works just fine!

3. The last thing you need is an internet connection. This sounds like a no-brainer, but it’s surprising how many people I know don’t have one of these! Just kidding! But yeah, internet access is necessary when you want to share your work with others. Although you can use a computer without the internet, you won’t be able to upload anything if there isn’t an active connection.

Adobe Flash

• Jaiden animates the frame-by-frame animation herself, using Adobe Flash. She prefers this program because it is affordable and available on both Windows and Mac computers.

• Flash also enables Jaiden to incorporate music into the cartoons by synchronizing the timing of each sound clip with an individual frame of animation, allowing for a diverse range of genres.

• Each cartoon typically consists of about 3,000 to 6,000 frames of animation. Once Jaiden has completed a full cartoon, she renders it out at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels and uploads it onto YouTube.

• The first-time success rate for uploading videos to YouTube is low since it takes time to master each individual step. However, by reviewing and revising each video prior to uploading it onto YouTube, Jaiden consistently achieves a 40 per cent success rate, ensuring that almost half of all videos she uploads become available online. To increase viewership even further, many of these videos have amassed over 100,000 views.

• In terms of audio, Jaiden chooses from a variety of free music sources on YouTube. She then syncs these files with individual frames and sequences of animation through

Summary

Jaiden animates using Toon Boombs Harmony Premium and Adobe Flash. This gives a high level of control, which enables her to produce animation more efficiently. But what sets Jaiden apart is the use of Adobe Illustrator with other design programs in order to create ideas from scratch as well as provide support for animation production and storyboard work. Programs like Autodesk Maya or Cinema4D are used for 3D models and scene layouts, respectively.

1 Does Jaiden Animations use a tablet for drawing?

Animations by Jaiden

In 2013, she began using the outdated Wacom Intuos Pro (medium). In 2017, the Intuos received an upgrade, but by that time, Jaiden Animations had switched to the Wacom Cintiq 22HD.

2 What is Jaiden Animations’ line of business?

Jaiden Animations, sometimes known as Jaiden, is a 24-year-old American YouTuber, animator, storyteller, and comedian who creates various animated videos about her life, personality, and other random events, particularly those involving her pet parrots Ari and Tofu.

3 Do I still need a tablet to animate?

Thank goodness, you can produce digital art without a pill. You will need to compromise a bit and work a little differently than most modern digital artists, though.

4 Which sketching tablets are preferred among artists?

The top sketching tablets on the market right now
Medium Bundle for the Xencelabs Pen Tablet. Apple iPad Air (5th Gen, 2022), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (M1, 2021), Wacom Cintiq 22, XP-Pen Artist 16 (2nd gen), Microsoft Surface Pro 8, Wacom Intuos Pro (big), and Huion H430P are some of the greatest pen tablets that come with great accessories.

5 Animators use what to draw on.

Animators can always begin by utilising their preferred medium to draw on paper, but they will eventually need to use a computer. This procedure is made incredibly simple by the use of a stylus pen. On your drawing tablet, a stylus pen gives you greater control and accuracy.

6 Which gadget is ideal for animation?

The top animation drawing tablets on the market today
16. Wacom Cintiq Xencelabs Pen Tablet Medium Bundle. Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch. Wacom’s outstanding mid-range tablet strikes a mix between price and performance (M1, 2021) Wacom Intuos Pro (Large), Huion HS610, Wacom One, XP-Pen Artist 24 Pro, Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.

7 What does a drawing tablet cost?

A drawing tablet can range in price from about $30 to over $2500! Naturally, this depends on what you want. Without a screen, the average cost of a good tablet is roughly $74.4. A high-quality, screened drawing tablet typically costs around 850 dollars.

8 Which technology is ideal for digital art?

Digital artists’ top 10 computers
Best overall: Apple iMac 2021.
Best mid-range: Dell Inspiron 7700.
The ideal AIO for digital painting is the Lenovo IdeaCentre 3.
Strongest: Alienware Aurora R10.
iMac 2020 from Apple: best bargain.
Best for digital drawing: Dell XPS 8940.
Best for beginners is the HP Pavilion 590.
Apple Mac Mini 2020: best value.

9 What age are the peculiar ones?

Robert James Rallison, better known online as TheOdd1sOut (previously theodd1sout comic) was born on May 14, 1996, at the age of 26. He is an American YouTuber, animator, cartoonist, author, comedian, and voice actor who is most known for his animated stories.

10 Has a face reveal been done by Jaiden animation?

He received numerous inquiries from viewers asking if he was the mysterious blogger, but he gave no public answer. Unintentionally, Jaiden’s face was also shown in the Let Me Explain Studios 2016 VidCon Recap video. Despite the early facial reveal, Rebecca Parham asked to have it removed, but Jaiden allowed her to retain it.

Conclusion

Jaiden has managed to create over one hundred videos and one animated web series since starting in September 2014. Along the way, she’s learned a lot about what it takes to be a freelance animator and has amassed an impressively big following for someone so young. Through trial and error, and just the right amount of patience, Jaiden has found success and we can’t wait to see how much more she accomplishes in the future

Related Articles

1. What Software Does Jaiden Animations Use?

2. https://howtodiscuss.com/t/software-engineering-definition/108559

3. https://howtodiscuss.com/t/software-installation/173508

4. https://howtodiscuss.com/t/computer-software-engineer-salary/176763