Basketball is a game played between two teams of five players, usually in a hole, on a rectangular field. Each team tries to score a goal by throwing the ball through the opponent’s goal, a raised horizontal hoop, and a net called a basket. Basketball is a dynamic sport that builds stamina with the short sprints you need to climb up and down the court.
Basketball was invented around December 1, 1891, at the YMCA Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts by James Naismith, who was a physical education instructor. Basketball is the only major sport of American origin (even though Naismith was born in Canada).
The center is usually the tallest and strongest player on the team and is located under the basket. In aggressive games, most centers do not consistently reach mid tones or cross arcs. In defense, the center plays the role of blocking shots from the enemy and blocking punches and passes from the vital zone. They are also expected to fight for rebounds as they tend to be physically taller.
Point guards lead offenses and are usually the team’s best dribblers and passers. The point guard protects the opponent’s point guard and tries to steal the ball. Point guards need to be good at long-range shooting, which is not as important as shooting guards, but some point guards shoot as many shots as shooting guards.
Shooting guard are usually the best shooters on the team. The Shooting guard can shoot long distances and is also a good dribbler. He is also responsible for dribbling the ball around the court and organizing offensive action.
The power forward does much of what the center does, bouncing near the basket and defending the taller player. However, the power forward also makes longer shots than the center.
Small forwards play against large and small players. They roam the courtroom. Small forward can score from both long and short shots.
- Each team can have up to 5 players on the court at the same time. Substitutions can be made as many times as you like in the game.
- The ball can only be moved by dribbling (ball bound) or pass play. If the player puts both hands on the ball (without catching the ball), he cannot dribble or move with the ball and must pass or shoot the ball.
- The ball must return to the center line within 10 seconds of playing the ball after it crosses half of the team field. If there is no ball, a foul is declared and the ball is turned over.
- A score is scored when the player throws the ball into the basket and the ball passes through the basket over the ring. Scoring a basket increases the team’s score by 3, 2 or 1 point. If the player successfully hits outside the 3-point line, the basket is worth 3 points, otherwise 2 points.It is also possible to score one point when shooting from the free throw line, after a foul for instance.
- Each team can throw a basket for a minimum of 24 seconds. A hit is considered hitting the basket or hitting the edge of the basket. If the ball does not enter the basket after the shot, an additional 24 second timer is reset.
- After each successful basket the ball is then turned over to the opposition.
- Basketball offenses include moves (walking more than one step without bouncing the ball), double dribbling (picking the ball while dribbling, dribbling with both hands, stopping), and goaltending (the defender preventing the ball from going down into the basket). and back court violation (if the ball crosses the center line, the attacking team cannot return the ball to the center line).
- A foul is an illegal act that can be committed by a player on one team against a player on the other team.
- Fouls committed throughout the game are cumulative and eventually free throws are awarded when a certain number is reached. One of the teammates (the player being fouled) on the attacking free throw shoots without resistance from the free throw line. The number of free throws a player will receive depends on where the foul was committed.
If you like basketball, you may have already tried Basketball Drawing and found it ■■■■■■ than expected.This step-by-step guide on how to draw a basketball in 6 easy steps will make it easier than ever for you to draw!
- Step 1: Draw a circle with horizontal and vertical lines.
- Step 2: After drawing a circle, a curved line crosses the circle a little above the center.
- Step 3: Another curve is drawn in the right half.
- Step 4: Draw a line to the lower half,Now it’s the turn of the lower half to show the wavy curves.
- Step 5: Now it’s time to erase all the line you draw.
- After completing the steps, now color the basketball in the shade of your own choice.
By following these above steps you should find it a very easy Basketball Drawing as it involves only a few steps and focuses on simple curves.