Tips to Schedule Your Social Media Posts the Right Way

Scheduling your social media posts is not as easy as it sounds. Talking from experience, before I started my own business, I thought that it is not that big a deal. However, soon I realized what other sales staffing agency were doing better. And I took action to fix it so that my company could break through the clutter as well.

Here are some tricks that can help you schedule your social media posts in a better way as well.

Following the Customer Journey

Not just any customer journey but the right one. It is a common practice among marketers to base their campaigns around the customer journey. From creating awareness to them making a purchase, companies, and brands track the customer journey. So that they can align the publishing schedule according to that as well.

However, you need to be sure about the type of content that you are posting. For example, if it is time-sensitive, then you have to ensure that you publish it when most of your audience would be online. On the other hand, you would want to post light heartened content around mid-day or lunchtime so that the colleagues can have a good laugh over the table. Make sure that you do not post detailed content during the day as no one has time to view that.

But if you do plan to post any such content, choose night or evening for doing so. As that is when everyone is free from work and is willing to watch long videos or read lengthy posts.

Times to Inform and Take Action

At times you might have o bombard the target audiences’ newsfeed with posts to keep reminding them regarding a certain blog post that is upon your pages or anything similar. Not only this but you could also put posts whenever you upload a new YouTube video. It depends on the nature of your business. These posts are informative ones.

However, posts whose purpose is to make the audience take action will have a different impact if you keep posting about them regularly. Remember that the CTA also differs when it comes to campaigns or posts that are there to inform and take action.

Read the Room

Common sense is all that you need at times to schedule a social post or posts. No wonder that scheduling will save you time but that shouldn’t mean that you should throw common sense in a trash can. If you think that your job after scheduling the posts is done, think again. Because you might have to reschedule or change the content of a certain post depending on what’s in.

Therefore, it is also essential for you to have a sound knowledge of what is trending. At times, you have to incorporate things that have nothing to do with your business at all. For example, the ongoing pandemic. And if in circumstances like these you are not sensitive about what is going on and keep promoting your product, you can come across as a brand that is tone-deaf. And you do not want that to happen as it can put your brand image at stake.

See What People Have to Say

Posting is not the only thing that you should do. Instead, you have to keep a check on how people are reacting to your posts and the comments that they are leaving as well. Because if they are not appreciating what you are posting, all your efforts are going down the drain. This practice will also keep you posted regarding the reviews of individuals regarding your products. Hence, allowing you to make improvements.

Therefore, you need to keep a track of all the comments, especially the negative ones so if there is something that your customers are not liking you can change it in future posts. An important point to notice here is that the sales and marketing teams should also align everything. Otherwise, it would not be of any benefit.

For example, when posting a blog regarding talent acquisition strategies, I had to tell my marketing team to pay attention to some negative comments that a competitor received on the post. Hence, allowing us to not make the same mistakes.

1 Like