Short Thick hair

Although thick hair seems enviable to those with fine hair; issues like dryness of the ends, dandruff, frizz, and rigidity are faced by those who have thick hair. In this article, we shall be discussing the rescue options for these problems and most importantly how short thick hair in itself can be a big reinvention.

thick hair

:small_red_triangle: Short haircut for thick hair

A short haircut is a convenient recommendation for those women who are unable to keep up with their thick and long strands. Certainly, thick hair is not just thick; it also has that variety of hair types ranging from straight hair to curly hair.

Thicker hair can’t be styled and molded as flexibly as thinner hair. One of the most important aspects affecting the styling of a person with thicker hair is the hair length. Thick hair, longer in lengths, become heavy and contains a subtle rigidity which restricts the styling options.

Particularly during the summer time, a short haircut would make your thick hair rather placid and more manageable.

The importance of a layered haircut, for women with thick hair, cannot be emphasized enough. As a layered haircut takes weight away off your internal hair strands, it leaves your overall hair comparatively flexible. Instead of a single length haircut, a layered one would provide you with more options for styling your thick hair.

Many women wonder whether a short haircut would suit them or not. Well, with a vast variety of short hairstyles available, there’re definitely going to be few which would just be right for you. Depending on your hair profile and facial structure, you may choose the style which would make you appear at your best.

Doubting about short hair being in fashion is out of question; these days, in particular. You’d have definitely noticed numerous celebrities and fashion models proudly demonstrating their short haircuts.

In general, your thick hair would be taking much lesser time in styling when it is shorter. Talking about washing your hair, you definitely are aware of how peaceful your life becomes when your hair is shorter. Drying time is a fraction as compared to long hair. Also, forget about those wet patches at the back of your shirt which you get with your long moist hair.

Summary: :writing_hand: Hair length is a vital aspect to be taken into account for people with thick hair. A short haircut would make your thick hair rather placid and more manageable. A layered haircut takes weight away off your internal hair strands and leaves your overall hair comparatively flexible. With a vast variety of short hairstyles available, there’re definitely going to be few which would just be right for your hair type and facial structure.

short thick hair

:heavy_check_mark: Styling short thick hair

Many women feel that their hair styling options get very restricted with shorter hair. In this quest of finding the most suitable hair styles for your short hair, the key step should be to embrace your natural hair type and texture. With just a little research on your part, you shall be able to come up with dozens of hair styles which go well along with your hair type.

Embracing your hair type shall also make you skip those heat styling techniques and that, in turn, would be advantageous for the health of your scalp and hair.

Hydration of your hair is worth paying attention to while attempting to smoothen and soften your thick hair. Always put your best efforts to use hair care products which contain natural ingredients, not artificial. Any shampoos and conditioners which include harsh artificial chemicals can deprive your hair off natural oils and moisture, causing them to become brittle and dry.

When you cut your hair short, you get rid of those long hair issues like split and dry ends. Healthier and softer parts of your hair strands remain with you. If you wish to try a hair color, these shorter strands shall take the dye more effectively as compared to long hair.

It is advisable to use a boar bristle brush for brushing thick hair. A boar bristle brush shall work effectively to spread the natural oils from your scalp to your hair strands.

Paying due attention while buying a conditioner for your hair is important. Avoid conditioners which aim to add volume to your hair, because thick hair already has good volume of its own. You shall look for conditioners formulated for thick hair in particular.

Making use of bobby pins while styling your hair may help you quite much. It is, however, to be remembered that bobby pins are not to be used while your hair is wet; because doing so would cause your hair to have those patches of texture from a bobby pin.

Summary: :writing_hand: When you cut your hair short, you get rid of those long hair issues like split and dry ends. Always put your best efforts to use hair care products which contain natural ingredients, not artificial. Conditioners which aim to add volume to your hair should not be used for thick hair, because thick hair already has good volume of its own.

:exclamation: Precautions to be taken while dealing with your thick hair

While thicker hair is difficult to be made and maintained soft and seeming glossy, a quality hair serum comes handy to achieve it.

Hair serums are very beneficial for people with thick hair. Ceramides, amino acids, and silicone present in hair serums keep your hair protected from the environmental pollution. Amino acids are helpful in repairing any damage caused to your hair by the excessive heat of, let’s say, a ■■■■ dryer or the deterioration caused by hair dyes.

Shampooing, for any type of hair, is not recommended to be done daily. For thick hair, in particular, the scalp’s natural oils take longer to reach to the ends of the strands. What it means is that if you shampoo your thick hair frequently, your hair strands might stay deprived of the required quantity of natural oils. It is, therefore, advisable to shampoo your hair less so that they don’t become dry and dull in the longer run.
hair
As thick hair takes more time to dry after a wash; you may, at times, be tempted to scrub it with a towel or to ■■■■ dry it while it’s dipping wet. Neither of these is a technique good to be done to your thick hair.

While your hair is wet, they are more susceptible to damage by the rough fabric of a towel and ■■■■ drying thick hair while they’re soaking with water takes forever. To save your time and to protect your scalp and hair from excessive heat; wrapping your hair in a soft cotton fabric is a better idea and you should let about 60% moisture go off your hair before picking a ■■■■ dryer up.

Do consider applying Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) to your hair. The important minerals which Epsom salts contain shall nourish your hair.

Summary: :writing_hand: Considering thick hair, the benefits of hair serums cannot be emphasized enough. Shampooing your hair frequently can make them dry and dull in the long run. Instead to rubbing your hair with the rough fabric of a towel, you should wrap your hair in a soft cotton fabric. Epsom salts are beneficial for your hair.

:black_heart: Remarkable short haircuts for thick hair

Depending on your hair type, you may consider which of the following short hairstyles might work the best for you.

■■■■■ haircut

Iconic, yet convenient; ■■■■■ haircut is a popular choice which may fit well on any hair type. For thick hair, in particular, a ■■■■■ haircut leaves you with a manageable volume of your hair.

Blunt bob haircut

Versatile, yet low maintenance; a blunt bob haircut allows you to style your hair in a number of ways.

Lob haircut

The length of a long bob i.e. a lob haircut, may be anywhere from your chin to your collarbone. If you don’t feel like taking quite many inches off your hair, you may opt for a lob and enjoy the perks of a shorter haircut.

Layered haircut

As artistic as it gets, your hairstylist may well be able to provide you with the best outlook for your hair if you discuss layers with her/him.

Summary: :writing_hand: ■■■■■ haircut, Blunt bob haircut, Lob haircut, and Layered haircut are the popular choices for short thick hair.

:interrobang: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. I have read the term ‘hair density’ on the internet too, and I would like to ask if it is related to ‘hair thickness’.

It might be worthwhile to mention here that hair thickness and hair density are two different things. Density refers to the number of hair strands per square inch of your scalp. Thickness refers to the diameter of a single hair strand. Both of these factors contribute towards determining your hair profile.

2. My straight and thick hair gets frizzy mostly; could you please suggest some convenient techniques to counter this issue?

You may try using an anti-frizz cream. Being heavier than regular serums, an anti-frizz cream gives weight to your hair strands. You may apply an anti-frizz cream to your moist hair from roots to ends. Also, as mentioned earlier in this article, you should use a boar bristle brush for brushing your thick hair.

3. I’m considering to go for a ■■■■■ haircut for my thick hair and I’m wondering how often shall I have to visit my hairstylist to maintain the look.

Definitely, as compared to long hair, rather frequent visits to a salon are required to keep up with short hairstyles. Talking about the maintenance of a ■■■■■, you might have to see your stylist every 3 – 4 weeks. Also, it depends on the style and shape of your cut.

4. I’m thinking about trying a short haircut for once, and I’m concerned about how would I look while my hair shall be getting longer again. Could you please suggest me a hairstyle which would not result in an awkward growth of my hair?

As you wish to play safe with your short thick hair trial, it is advisable either to go with a short layered bob or an A-line bob. A well done short layered bob shall smoothly transform into a longer bob overtime and into longer layers ultimately.

:pen: Conclusion

People with thick hair might, at times, be the reason of envy for those around them. It might seem to people with thin hair that issues like lack of volume while styling hair or limp hair are never faced by those who are gifted with thick hair.

While it is true that thick hair has their own perks; it, many a times, becomes a challenge to style them. A convenient recommendation for those women who are unable to keep up with their thick and long strands is short haircut.

Some of the popular choices for short thick hair are ■■■■■ haircut, blunt bob haircut, lob haircut, and layered haircut. A layered haircut takes weight away off your internal hair strands and leaves your overall hair comparatively flexible.

Talking about washing your hair, you definitely are aware of how peaceful your life becomes when your hair is shorter. Drying time is a fraction as compared to long hair.

A quality hair serum shall make your hair look glossy and soft. Moreover, hair serums keep your hair protected from the environmental pollution because of the ceramides, amino acids, and silicone present in them.

Read Also :pushpin:

How to get thicker hair
How to Thicken Hair?