OOTD Meaning

OOTD meaning is particularly not known to everybody. The word OOTD is a social media acronym that means outfit of the day. It is used to share about the dress or outfit a person is wearing on a particular day. Word ootd is mostly used on social media platforms which are Instagram, Tumbler, Youtube, and Pinterest.

ootd meaning

Meaning of OOTD: outfit of the day

Celebration of National OOTD day :

National OOTD Day was invented by Stassi Schroeder which is celebrated each year on the 30th of June.

OOTD pictures:

OOTD pictures are full-length mirror pictures or are selfies that are snapped on streets to show their outfit.

Usage of OOTD by Fashion Bloggers:

OOTD is mostly used by fashion bloggers or those who have good fashion taste to dress up every day.

Usage of OOTD mostly :

The OOTD hashtag is mostly used on Instagram by fashion bloggers for what they are wearing on a particular day.

Social media acronyms

In the era of social media, people come across several acronyms which are used and seen on social media. However, they are commonly used in conversations, comments, and captions. Acronyms are used casually which takes a while to be understood.

Some conversational acronyms:

Being on social media, one must be aware of these internet slang words and abbreviations which are mentioned below:

• AFAIK – As far as I know
  • AMA – Ask me anything
  • BRB – Be right back
  • BTAIM – Be that as it may
  • BTS – Behind the scenes
  • BTW – By the way
  • DAE – Does anyone else
  • DYK – Did you know
  • ELI5 – Explain like I’m five
  • FTFY – Fixed that for you
  • FTW – For the win
  • FYI – For your information
  • G2G or GTG – Got to go
  • GG – Good game
  • GTR – Got to run
  • HBD – Happy birthday
  • HIFW – How I feel when
  • IDC – I don’t care
  • IDK – I don’t know
  • IKR – I know, right?
  • ILY – I love you
  • IMHO – In my humble opinion
  • IMO – In my opinion
  • IRL – In real life
  • HTH – Happy to help or here to help
  • ICYMI – In case you missed it
  • LMK – Let me know
  • LMS – Like my status
  • JK – Just kidding
  • NBD – No big deal
  • NM – Not much
  • NSFW – Not safe for work
  • NVM – Nevermind
  • OH – Used as context for quotes
  • OMW – On my way
  • PPL – People
  • ROFL – Rolling on the floor laughing
  • SFW – Safe for work
  • SMH – Shaking my head
  • TBH – To be honest
  • TBH – To be brutally honest
  • TBT – Throwback Thursday
  • TFW – That feeling when
  • TGIF – Thank God it’s Friday
  • TIL – Today I learned

Capturing an OOTD picture

If you’re searching for certain design inspiration, the “Outfit of the Day” shot is one of the most popular Instagram trends between fashion photographers, designers, celebrities, and influencers (OOTD). People can show off their style by capturing a picture about what they’re wearing and posting it to social media with the hashtag #OOTD.

Use these easy steps to ensure your OOTD images reflect you and you’re style if you want to showcase your style or make sure you’re uploading your best OOTD content.

Distracts in the background should be minimized.

If you want to highlight your outfit in your OOTD picture, make it the central focus of the picture. Set up your OOTD photo in a location where the backdrop won’t detract from your outfit. You don’t have to take it in front of a blank wall, but a monochrome backdrop will make your outfit stand out.

Take several shots

Since you’re taking your OOTD photos or making a photographer (or friend) take them for you, make sure to take a lot of them. Then go through each one to find the best one. Angle, how your shirt is buttoned or tucked, and the background you’re posing in can all be used to switch things up.

Concentrate on your daily outfit

To share a snapshot of your outfit on Instagram, you don’t have to be fancy. There’s a reason it’s called OOTD. Show off your daily look, whether you’re going to work or getting ready for a formal event. People can browse other people’s daily styles and see the real you in all of your fashion glory, which is the fun of OOTD.

Make the most out of natural light.

When taking your OOTD picture, make sure the lighting is fine. You want to make sure that the outfit’s specifics are visible and that no vital details are overlooked. Midday for the brightest light or right before sunset (“Golden Hour”) for the dreamy, romantic looks are the best times to take pictures.

Don’t be apprehensive about using your phone.

Do not believe that a fashion photographer should take your OOTD shot. Simply take, edit, and upload the photo with your smartphone. You can use your phone to take a selfie in the mirror by placing it on a stand or using a self-timer. By displaying your phone and phone cover, you can make how you keep your phone a part of your OOTD.

Photo Retouching

Using editing software on your phone or device to edit your OOTD picture until you’ve chosen it and are ready to upload it. Built-in editing tools in apps like Instagram will help you brighten your shot, add more color, or remove shadows. If you have more time, try a more advanced editing software that can erase blemishes or give the picture a filtered look.

Use the OOTD Hashtag

Remember to use the OOTD hashtag (#OOTD) when uploading your OOTD photo to social media. Hashtagging your photo helps your followers to see how you showcased your style and use it as inspiration for their style.

:dress: Summary

OOTD meaning: This word OOTD stands for outfit of the day on social media. It’s a phrase used to describe a person’s dress or costume on a specific day. Instagram, Tumbler, Youtube, and Pinterest are among the most popular social media sites where the term ootd is used. It can define the dress or style one is going to wear on a particular day.

Other Meanings of OOTD:

Similarly, like other acronyms, OOTD also has other meanings which are mentioned as follows:

• One Of These Days
  • Out Of The Darkness
  • Out Of The Dust
  • One Of Those days
  • Out Of The Dryer

Frequently asked questions

Here are some frequent questions which people ask about OOTD meaning.

1.Which brands dominated the OOTD hashtag most?

The giant fashion brands such as H&M, Zara, ASOS, Zalora, and Uniqlo dominated the hashtag OOTD in the year 2016.

2.Who created the OOTD hashtag?

National #OOTD Day was produced by Stassi Schroeder so that you can ‘Put Your Best Outfit Forward.’

3.What things are involved in OOTD?

As OOTD stands for outfit of the day. It involves several things such as accessories, shoes, and bags. All this stuff is involved in OOTD.

4.What are OOTD quizzes?

OOTD quizzes are games that judge one’s taste of clothing style. However, in such quizzes, a series of questions are asked regarding your outfit. In the end, the results would end up explaining the taste of one’s outfit.

5.Is OOTD a slang word?

Ootd is a trending slang acronym that is used in online texting on social media.

6.Who invented OOTD?

Stassi Schroeder is the one who invented National out. On that day a person has to dress up in their favorite outfit.

Conclusion

OOTD meaning: The acronym OOTD stands for outfit of the day on social media. It’s a phrase used to describe a person’s dress or costume on a specific day. Instagram, Tumbler, Youtube, and Pinterest are among the most popular social media sites where the term ootd is used. It can define the dress or style one is going to wear on a particular day.

Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas