- Connect your Xiaomi phone to your Windows computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Find and launch the Settings app on your Xiaomi phone.
- Tap General Settings> ...
- Slide the USB tethering switch to the right.
- Within seconds, the Enter Network Location window should appear on your computer.
Follow these steps to set up web sharing:
- Connect your phone to a computer or laptop using the USB cable.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select More, then select Internet Sharing and MobileHotspot.
- Check the USB tethering item.
The solution for Xiaomi phone does not connect to PC via USB. On the computer, go to PC> Cdrive> Windows> INF> and search for wpdmtp.inf (make sure your Xiaomi phone is connected via USB), then right click on the wpdmtp file and with the phone connected, do click Install.
- Disable Wi-Fi: Sometimes a wireless connection can be tethered.
- Make sure the USB cable is working and connected: Make sure the USB cable is firmly connected at both ends. ###
- Try a different USB port - are you using the fastest USB port on your system?
Connect your Xiaomi or Redmi phone to the PC using the USB data cable. From the main screen, select Settings >> Network >> More >> Internet Sharing and Portable Zone >>. Slide the USB connection sharing option here to share your Xiaomi Redmi internet connection with your computer.
Fig. 1: Connection sharing literally connects your phone to your computer via USB to act as a USB modem. Cowardly. 2: Hotspot is the action of creating a WiFi network where the phone acts as a modem / router. Mobile hotspot is the most comprehensive approach to internet sharing.
Connection Sharing: How to Connect Mobile Internet to Your PC or Laptop
Android USB Internet Sharing. From Gentoo Wiki.Resources. With connection sharing, the Internet connection of a mobile phone with Internet access is shared with other devices. This sharing can be done via a wireless local network (WiFi) or via Bluetooth or via a physical connection via cable (Internet sharing).
- Go to Settings> More ...
- Under More, tap USB Utility.
- Then tap Connect Storage to PC.
- Now connect the USB cable to the PC and then to the Android® device. A green Android® icon screen will appear on the screen with the USB connected. Press OK. If successful, the Android® symbol turns orange.
Definition of: USB debugging mode. USB debugging mode. A developer mode in Android phones that allows you to copy newly programmed apps to the device via USB for testing. Depending on the version of the operating system and the tools installed, the mode should be enabled so that developers can read the internal logs. See Android.
Tethering provides a connection as fast as a hotspot. You can also continue to use your phone’s WiFi normally. However, only the connected computer can use the phone’s Internet connection, so sharing doesn’t go very far.
- Connect the maximum USB size cable to the computer port.
- Connect the mini USB end of the cable to the mobile phone.
- In your phone go to Settings> find More or more networks> click Tethering & Portable Hotspot> where USB tethering is activated
- You will now see a warning on Windows 10.