Krabby Patty - Krabby Patty Secret Formula

Krabby Patty Recipe

Don’t tell Plankton, but as any astute watcher of Spongebob Squarepants knows, Krabby Patties aren’t actually made with crab. Or even “krab.” They’re made out of chum, leftover scraps, making Krabby Patties the hot dogs of the sea. I’m going to show you how to make a gourmet Krabby Patty, and it doesn’t contain any crab, either. Nope. It’s all shrimp. And it came out even better than I expected.

Why shrimp? I’ve learned from many attempts at making Krabby Patties that making them with crab is a waste of good crab. You fry it up in hot oil in a pan and you lose a lot of crab flavor. Plus, it’s beaucoup expensive. You may end up adding tons of breadcrumbs to stretch the recipe to feed more than one person, and then it ends up tasting more like breadcrumbs than crab. I’ve experimented with this recipe over the years. At one point, I started adding shrimp to bind it together and to stretch the crab. I kept adding more shrimp each time I made this until I recently came to the conclusion that it should just be all shrimp. Tastier, yet less expensive.Of course, if you prefer crab, use crab. A mixture of both is a wonderful compromise.

However, I don’t recommend calling them shrimp burgers because whenever I do that people look at me warily. They waver when I offer them one. But, if I say, “Want a Krabby Patty?” they’re immediately on the team. “I’ll take two!” they exclaim.

What you’ll need for 8 burgers

• 1 1/2 pounds of peeled, deveined shrimp
  • 1 egg
  • 10-12 regular-sized or smaller hamburger buns
  • Lemon zest to taste
  • Old Bay seasoning
  • 1 Tbsp of our favorite hot sauce (I use Crystal)
  • 1 tsp celery seed
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • Vegetable oil and/or butter for frying

Toppings

• Butter lettuce
  • Thinly sliced tomato
  • Pickled onions
  • Tartar sauce
  • ■■■■■■■■ sauce

Notes

I make my own tartar sauce. I deplore mayonnaise. Instead, I use ranch dressing as a base and add 1/3 part diced onion, 1/3 part diced dill pickle, 1/3 part diced celery, and a good tablespoon of dill weed.

I also make ■■■■■■■■ sauce with a lot of horseradish. Take a jar, fill it 3/4 full with ketchup; fill the remaining jar with roughly equal amounts prepared horseradish, malt vinegar, and hot sauce. It’s powerful stuff so a little dab will do ya.

Waldo enthusiasts may notice that there’s a red pepper in the picture. I meant to put that in my chum but forgot it. Glad I didn’t use it. Keep the chum pure.

image image

Step 1: Prepare Your Chum

You will want to use a food processor for this. It’s super easy and takes virtually no time.

First, take 3-4 of the hamburger buns and toss them into the food processor. Add all the dried spices, turn it on, and let it turn this into a very flavorful bread crumb mixture. Pour that into a big bowl.

Same thing with the shrimp. Toss it in and pulse it until the mixture is mostly very small pieces with some chunks of shrimp visible. My goal is to get this to be almost the consistency of raw breakfast sausage, the kind you make into sausage patties. Toss this into the bowl with the breadcrumbs. Add the lemon zest and hot sauce.

Crack an egg in there and mix it all up by hand. You’re halfway there.

image image

Step 2: Form Into Patties and Chill

You’re goal is to make this into 8 patties. I grab an amount of chum that is somewhere in between a golf ball and a racquetball in size. Put some parchment paper or wax paper on a sheet pan and place your patties on the paper. You can even sort of form them on the paper if you are having a hard time making patties.

Once you have 8 patties, you are going to put this into either the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour or more or the freezer for 15 minutes or so. I use the freezer. This step is essential for removing your quite moist patties from the paper. My goal with these Krabby Patties is to make them stay very moist. I don’t want them to dry out in any way, so this is how I handle them. By just almost slightly freezing them you can lift them off the paper with a spatula and place them in a hot pan without any trouble.

Step 3: Fry, Assemble, and Serve

Put a healthy amount of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and heat it up. I add 1-2 tablespoons of butter to this because butter and shrimp seem to go well together. You can use all butter if you want, but that might brown your butter, which could add an unpleasant taste. Up to you.

Place four patties in the hot pan and cook on medium heat. Flip them carefully after 3-4 minutes and finish them for 3 minutes. Remove them from the pan and onto a plate.

Then, assemble your masterpieces. I usually go with bun, tartar sauce, Krabby Patty, butter lettuce, tomato slice, pickled onions, more tartar sauce, and a small amount of ■■■■■■■■ sauce on the top bun. I wouldn’t go too ■■■■■■■ the saucing because you still want your burger — er, I mean Krabby Patty — to exhibit full flavor and not be covered up by all that sauce.

This is a great alternative to the usual burger cookout/dinner party/get together. It’s really quite tasty and doesn’t make you feel like you ate a giant ground beef stomach ■■■■. Which means you can eat two of these! Make some homemade french fries like I did. Perfect complement to these Krabby Patties.

image image image

If you’ve been obsessed with SpongeBob SquarePants since the series first debuted in 1999, you’ve probably been trying to figure out the secret formula in Krusty Krabs’ delicious Krabby Patty. After all, Plankton tried every diabolical plot to get his feelers on the secret ingredients. And yet, all these years later, he still hasn’t quite succeeded.

Secret Formula, SpongeBob, Nickelodeon, 050516
Nickelodeon
There are many clues as to what the secret formula is. We know the burger consists of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, tartar sauces, mayo, flour, tumor salt, sea salt, country salt, bark, patty, mustard, ketchup, the secret formula, two buns, and onions. Googling the secret formula will bring up “a pinch of King Neptune’s Poseidon powder”.

But we’re not really convinced that this is the right answer. Reddit user Herolover96 has suggested another secret ingredient that makes MUCH more sense to us. Can you guess what it is?!

GIPHY
NOTHING

That’s right, the secret formula is NOT ONE. It’s all a ruse that Mr. It’s legitimate brilliant marketing! Remember how Patrick was in charge of The Slum’s slogan Bucket Plankton gets more customers than Krusty Krab.

This makes so much sense!! We all know Mr. Krabs is cheap AF. Would he really spend extra money on King Neptune’s Poseidon Powder?!

Role in the series
A running gag throughout the series is Plankton’s many attempts to get the Krabby Patty formula as a means of enticing customers into the Chum Bucket, usually through disguise and trickery. All attempts by Plankton failed, usually with Mr Krabs throwing it back into the Chum bucket or pulling the bottle out of his hands. A lot of plankton plans come from Karen, who is better off coming up with ways to steal the formula. As seen in episodes like “Single Cell Anniversary”, “For Here or to Go” and “Lockdown for Love”, Karen can analyze a Krabby Patty to figure out the secret formula herself.

The secret formula plays a significant role in the storylines for the movie adaptations, the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and the SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. In this, Plankton develops many ways to steal the formula, as he does in many episodes of the series. In the second movie, it is Burger Beard who tries and manages to steal the secret formula to set up his own fast food restaurant in the country.

Krabby Patty’s Secret Formula in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.

Trivia

Krabby Patty’s secret formula made with ‘random gibberish’.

“Krabby Road” shows Krabby Patty’s secret formula where the ingredients are written in random letters or babbled. Vincent Waller said in a Twitter response that the ingredients are listed as intermediates so that the public does not know the right ingredients. He also said there was no meat at all in a Krabby Patty.
However, “Friend or Foe” has shown that a pinch of chum is part of the Krabby Patty recipe, which is made from minced fish meat and organs.
Karen got the formula in “Single Cell Anniversary”. However, Plankton never got to see it because Karen exploded before he could.
In “Lockdown for Love”, Karen got the formula, but deleted it.
According to the events of “Friend or Foe” the Secret Krabby Patty formula would be torn.
The Battle Coral: SpongeBob’s Under Years episode “Kitchen Sponge” shows that SpongeBob is the real creator of the Krabby Patty formula.
Despite being an important plot of the series, it is only mentioned in Season 1 and Season 3. It also appears only once in season 2 and season 4 physically.
His absence from season 1 is justified because it has not yet debuted in physical form.
“Walking Small”, “Atlantis SquarePantis”, “Banned in Bikini Bottom”, “Chum Bucket Supreme” and “Free Samples” are currently the only episodes where Plankton’s plot does not involve any formulaic.

Krabby Patty’s secret recipe is the recipe for the popular Krabby Patty burger sold by Bikini Bottom’s popular restaurant, the Krusty Krab. There are many variations of Krabby Patty, but each one has one secret, undisclosed or revealed. The secret system was first mentioned in “Plankton!” and made his first physical appearance in “Imitation Krabs.”

Throughout the series, Plankton tries to steal the method, intending to sell Krabby Patities to Chum Bucket and bankrupt Krabs. Karen gives Plankton many of her plans to steal the method, and she is able to investigate a Krabby Patty to get rid of the method, as seen in both episodes. Plankton used the method many times, especially in the 2004 film. However, Plankton and Karen’s efforts were eventually thwarted, and the method was always returned to the Krusty Krab.

Krabby Patty’s secret information is written on paper in ink and sealed in a clear blue glass bottle with a box on top for safety clearance Krabby Patty’s secret information is sold for those people honestly hiding from bad guys like Plankton.

In “Plankton’s Army”, Squidward reveals that the secret path can be found in Mr.'s house. Krabs, under his umbrella. For the rest of the area is in the safe in the Krusty Krab.

created
Eugene H. Krabs (the first Krabby Patty)
SpongeBob SquarePants (Jelly Krabby Patty, Aulelei Patty and Flabby Patty)
Carl (Special Burab Crab)
Sheldon J. Plankton (Chum Patties and first batch Krabby Patty)
Section
See here for the full Krabby Patty filling.

The Krabby Patty has both the top bun and the bottom bun, and the top bun has sesame seeds. It also includes sea buckthorn, sea lettuce, sea tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and sea onions, all of which can be seen when making a Krabby Patty. In addition to all that there is the patty and the secret sauce, which are the two things that have the unknowns, especially the patty.

It has been revealed, in “Friend or Fun” that there is a small group of friends in this system. In “The Great Patty Caper” at least 2 items are confirmed: flour, cream of the caper. And there are 2 possible sources of salt and turmeric. The other endorsement was love, which was featured in the episodes “Plankton’s Army” and “Growth Spout” and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.

Krabby Pateds ’other mystery is called‘ secret sauce ’, which is featured in‘ As Seen on TV ’,‘ Not Normal ’and‘ Patty Caper ’and shortened to‘ Graveyard Shift ’.

The patty and other secrets are the most delicious. Without mentioning where the patty came from, or even mentioning what it was made of, the ingredients and other secrets of Krabby Patty remain a mystery. However, the secret group has a major role to play in ‘Patty Caper’.