Joseph.r Gannascoli

Joseph R.Gannascoli (born December 15, 1956) is an American actor and writer, best known for his role as Vito Spatafore on the HBO series The Sopranos. For his performance, he won the 2007 Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. He also played Detective Vin Makazian in the police drama series Law & Order from 2001 to 2004.

Joseph r. Gannascoli

Hometown, Brooklyn, New York; Age, 50 years old; Occupation, Actor. Featured in shows such as The Sopranos and Oz.

Joseph Gannascoli is a Brooklyn, New York native and 50 years old, who became known for his work on The Sopranos as mobster Artie Bucco. Joseph was born in 1952 and has had his hands full with a variety of projects that have covered both television and movies.

For example, he’s made appearances in shows such as Oz, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Rescue Me and more.

Most recently, Joseph has been portraying character Vito Spatafore on The Sopranos but he’s known to others as Artie Bucco, who was a chef and friend of Tony Soprano in season 5 (his last appearance was in season 6) of The Sopranos television series.

He also appeared in popular films such as Do The Right Thing and Analyze This. In addition to his acting career, Joseph is also a director.

Joseph’s television and film work has earned him a fair amount of fame over time, with 9 credits to his name at IMDb as of 2014.

But perhaps most people would recognize him from when he played mobster Artie Bucco on The Sopranos television series, which was his first regular role as a mobster on TV, although he’d done prior work in roles like that including 1998’s Analyze This and 1999’s Do The Right Thing.

Joseph r Gannascoli Weight Loss

On TV’s Sopranos, actor Joseph Gannascoli was memorable as mobster Ralph Cifaretto—known for his outbursts and quick temper, much like his character in Goodfellas.

On Thursday, April 5th, during a Facebook Live chat with Moviefone, he shared that he has been on a weight loss journey since November 2016!

The Goodfellas actor told Moviefone that he hopes his weight loss story inspires others to get fit too. This is a big deal for me, and I’m glad that I did it, Joseph said in his interview with Moviefone, adding:

I hope other people do it! If they saw me sitting here talking to you at 280 pounds and saying how great I feel, hopefully they can get out there and do something about it.

Since getting his weight under control, he has tried a variety of activities to stay active and combat weight gain. Joseph told Moviefone that he likes to go out dancing, do cardio at home (mostly sprints), cycle, play soccer and basketball with friends, as well as take group classes at Crunch Fitness in Los Angeles—although he also admitted that he doesn’t like doing weights because it feels unnatural to him!

Getting in shape has been a long-term goal for Joseph, who says he’s always struggled with his weight and dieting ever since he got out of college—approximately 25 years ago!

In fact, he shared that when The Sopranos started filming back in 1999, he weighed 240 pounds—but thanks to eating healthy and exercising regularly, plus having medical supervision while on medications to help him lose weight, he managed to slim down to 160 pounds at one point!

Joseph r Gannascoli 2021

Looking towards my future, I want to be a director, writer and producer.I’ve created a fake book cover for a novel I’m writing titled The Robust Remedy: A Postmodern Coming of Age Story .

It centers around two very different people from opposite sides of society who meet in what seems like an unlikely location – at an event for sex addicts and recovery support group in their hometown of Newark, New Jersey that is being put on by their mutual addiction counselor/therapist.

The Robust Remedy is currently being submitted to literary agents, and I hope to have a publishing deal in place by 2020.

And if that doesn’t work out…I guess there’s always my backup plan of becoming an addiction counselor.

I’m not sure why people think it’s so easy to beat addiction, but that seems to be everyone’s favorite topic of conversation with me when they learn about my work in recovery.

Well, let me tell you something…it ain’t! It requires a complete life change, and no amount of willpower will ever do it for you.

Now that I’ve got your attention, let me tell you about my platform, which will be unveiled once I get a book deal and have published The Robust Remedy.

I want to address addiction and mental health issues in our country by using my notoriety as an addict who has remained sober for 15 years to help others like myself who are still struggling with sobriety or addiction recovery

Joseph r Gannascoli Wife

Josephine Lynn, who has been with Joe for around 20 years and also works at her husband’s restaurant as a manager, has two children from a previous marriage (Jill and James).

And although he has five brothers, his wife is his only sibling to be featured on both of his TV shows (that we know of).

James Gannascoli is also an actor and has appeared in many TV shows and movies. He played a young Don Johnson on Nash Bridges as well as an uncredited role of Sean Donahue on The Sopranos, while Jill currently has a recurring role on NCIS: New Orleans as Penelope Cruz.

Joe’s younger brothers (Jimmy, Tom, Sal and Tony) are all involved in restaurants in one way or another: Jimmy runs a catering company in Toms River, NJ;

Sal operates an Italian restaurant called Vinnie’s on Long Beach Island (also with his wife Elizabeth); and Tony is a bartender at a restaurant called Dalessandro’s on Long Beach Island.

In addition to his brothers, Joe is also very close with his parents, Rose and John. After a long career working for AT&T,

John retired as a supervisor but he’s still available for emergencies—like when he got stuck in traffic and couldn’t make it to see Joe perform a one-night only concert performance of Jersey Boys in Los Angeles.

Joseph r Gannascoli Movies and TV Shows

Joseph r Gannascoli was born on April 27, 1956 in Brooklyn, New York, USA as Joseph Ralph Gennascoli Jr. He is an actor and writer, known for Scorsese (2015), Episodes (2011) and The Sopranos (1999).

He has been married to Tracey Stewart since October 4, 2015. They have one child. He was previously married to Nancy Barrett and Laurie Sokoloff.

Joseph was born in Brooklyn, New York on April 27, 1956 to Joseph Ralph Gennascoli Sr and Marge Barbara Lucas. Joseph spent most of his childhood growing up in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn where he attended a Catholic boys’ school called Bishop Molloy High School.

In 1974, Joseph graduated from Bishop Molloy High School and soon after he moved to Colorado to attend Johnson & Wales University in Denver, Colorado where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Hotel Restaurant Management.

Joseph was an avid rugby player as well as an intramural sports participant while he attended school at Johnson & Wales University.

After graduating from Johnson & Wales University, Joseph decided to take his Hotel Restaurant Management degree and apply it to a job at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada where he was hired as a food and beverage director for 7 years.

Upon relocating back to New York City, Joseph continued working in restaurants for several years before deciding that he would try his hand at acting as a second career.

Joseph r Gannascoli Walk

Before he was one of television’s most talked-about personalities, Gannascoli was an average Long Island teen growing up in Levittown.

Having always had a passion for acting since he was a kid, Joseph went on to study at The School of Visual Arts in Manhattan where he eventually graduated from with a BFA degree in Acting.

After performing in various New York theatrical productions, it was only a matter of time before Joseph landed his first big break starring in HBO’s critically acclaimed prison drama Oz as mobster Vito Spatafore.

In addition to playing Vito on Oz, Joseph is also known for roles on films such as Mimic and School for Scoundrels, as well as playing Phil Leotardo on The Sopranos for six seasons.

After having played several iconic characters on screen, Joseph has proven that no matter what roles he’s given, he always manages to bring his A-game and deliver electrifying performances.

As a character actor who often brings laughter with each role he plays while also delivering dramatic performances, Joseph is truly a talent to watch out for.

For those who aren’t familiar with Joseph, it’s probably best to check out HBO’s hit show The Sopranos where he played ruthless mobster Phil Leotardo for six seasons.

His character was known for his violent outbursts and intimidating presence, as well as his multiple dealings with different crime families.

Joseph r Gannascoli Death

Actor Joseph R. Gannascoli died on January 13, 2018 at his Los Angeles area home surrounded by family and friends. He was born in Brooklyn, New York to Santo and Mary Gannascoli on August 29, 1949.

Joseph is survived by his son Joseph Jr., daughter Natalie, sisters Mary Jo, Nancy and Rosemarie as well as other relatives and friends too numerous to list here who will always remember him with love and affection.

Despite many offers from Hollywood, Joe elected to remain in Brooklyn and live a modest life, away from it all.

I will love you always, his daughter Natalie says, I miss you so much my father… rest in peace I love you now and forever more… Forever your baby girl Natalie

We at Your Life Legacy Express our deepest condolences to Joseph R. Gannascoli’s family and friends.

He is survived by his wife of 39 years Dory, sons Joseph and Dean, daughter Natalie and his granddaughter Delaney

Example: Industrial Warehouse Space at 089 Hampton Dr Dear Prospective Tenant: Hampton Data Center will be available on January 3rd, 2018 and would be an excellent fit for your company’s needs.

Joseph r Gannascoli Resturant

LOS ANGELES, May 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ – Joseph r Gannascoli is being praised as a visionary leader in market trends and cutting edge concepts that are reshaping hospitality and real estate in Los Angeles.

In an exclusive interview with Richard Menta of Specialty Food Magazine, Gannascoli shared his unique perspective on how trends are changing our tastes and lifestyles; he also mentioned how some of these trends will affect commercial real estate and what chefs expect from their foodservice partners going forward.

There are several aspects that go into writing well for professionals, including ensuring that your content is helpful, insightful, and of high quality—to be sure that it meets your client’s needs perfectly.

Capacity, always be sure to include a brief author bio at or near the end of your post—this will help to let readers know who they can contact for more information, and it provides an easy way for other professionals to share your content with their network.

When we spoke with Gannascoli about his restaurant design business, Menta Commercial Interiors, he also talked about ways to leverage marketing campaigns that highlight things like foodie culture or adventure-based tourism.

Gannascoli is also making a name for himself in Hollywood as a consultant, including working with well-known actor James Gandolfini, who died in 2013.

After working with Gandolfini and his partners on opening their restaurant Tiramesu in NYC, they decided to expand to Los Angeles – together they opened B & V Restaurant & Lounge and Antica Pizzeria Napoletana on La Brea Avenue - an area popular with actors, writers and directors from film studios nearby.

Joseph r Gannascoli Net Worth

$4 Million Dollars
An Italian American, he is famous for his role as Vito Spatafore on The Sopranos . Joseph also played a role in a few other series like Fire Island, Blue Bloods and 24 .

He also appeared in movies like Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps , Gone Baby Gone and The Last Rites of Joe May .

He has been in several shows since his first appearance in 1985. His net worth proves that he deserves all credits he has received over these years.

He has not disclosed his salary but surely he has been paid really well by all those channels who have kept him under contract.

In all these years, Joseph is one of those celebrities who have made their net worth increase even after their first appearance on screen, thanks to hard work and dedication towards their craft.

He is a great actor with a charming personality that attracts people towards him instantly which also proves his success in his career .

He has not taken any chances or risks in his career which could have affected his net worth, and that’s why he is still very far from retirement despite of his age. With years of successful runs behind him, we can see that he can still contribute in big projects which would make his fans happy to see him in new roles .

Joseph r Gannascoli Now

Cut Off From The Mob, But Never From ‘Sopranos’ Fame. Known as Vito Spatafore, which he explained was his uncle’s name, Mr. Gannascoli became famous for an episode in which he tried to keep his homosexuality a secret from Tony Soprano and two wiseguys who were threatening to disembowel him if they found out (the mobsters were killed by their fellows after it was revealed that one of them molested Mr.

Mr. Gannascoli eventually turned his acting attention to other work and movies, but he still gets questions about his old role in The Sopranos, which has become legendary for its dialogue, performances and twist endings — as well as for killing off major characters.

Mr. Gannascoli remains friendly with Sopranos star James Gandolfini and appeared alongside him in 2014 in Animal Rescue, which was produced by Mr.

A member of a famed Italian-American family from New Jersey, Mr. Gannascoli is married to Claudia Winkleman, an English television host and model who was born in Rome; they met when she interviewed him for BBC News in 2014 about The Sopranos at a television festival in Cannes, France.

Though Mr. Gannascoli, who recently guest-starred on an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, may be best known for The Sopranos and playing Vito in an earlier movie version of Mario Puzo’s novel The Godfather, he has done several other noteworthy roles — including one on Broadway in 1988 alongside Paul Sorvino in A Streetcar Named Desire — that have almost always involved some combination of both Mafiosi and homophobia.

jersey gannasocoli

Summary

Joe has been in the mortgage industry for over 10 years. He has extensive experience in new loan closings, refinancing, Jumbo loans and investor loans. When he’s not working he enjoys spending time with his family and friends as well as golfing and hitting up hockey games around Long Island with his sons.

Frequently Asked Questions

For what reason does Vito from Sopranos walk amusing?

Vito’s weight reduction and awful hips came from Gannascoli’s life.

Gannascoli had awful hips when the show was broadcasting in real time, and he noticed how you can see it in his walk. (During his walk through a rainstorm in New Hampshire, his limp is very clear.) Those hips would torment him until his run on The Sopranos finished.

Who is Vito Spatafore in light of?

capo Matthew Lanniello
The Iaccuzzo character depended on genuine Gambino Crime Family capo Matthew Lanniello, who was known to coerce and claim a few clubs in New York City that took special care of customer base. Vito attempted to gloss over it as a joke, albeit the two men were not tricked.

Is Joseph R Gannascoli in Goodfellas?

Joseph R. Gannascoli has showed up in many movies remembering his amazing job for GOODFELLAS. He is an elite cook.

How much weight did Vito Spatafore lose?

Gannascoli, who plays Vito Spatafore (and is supposed to have a gigantic year), flaunted that while the series was behind closed doors, he shed 140 pounds utilizing Stacker 2 XPLC," The Post wrote in an article portraying the film set.

Did The Sopranos project get along?

Pursue has said that they were both exceptionally irate men, so they would battle and have conflicts, yet it never turned into a shouting match or something that would end a companionship.

What befalls Vito?

Expired. Vito Spatafore: Beaten to death with slugging sticks by Dominic “Fat Dom” Gamiello and Gerry Torciano on orders from Phil Leotardo.

Are Gino and Vito a similar individual?

In all actuality, Gino was depicted by Joseph R. Gannascoli, who might later star as an alternate person, Vito Spatafore, in a supporting job.

Was Ralph Cifaretto a maniac?

Ralph Cifaretto - The Sopranos

HBOHis blunt love of Ridley Scott€™s Gladiator might make him rather more charming to we cinephiles however there can be no rejecting that Ralph Cifaretto is a shaky mental case.

Who from Sopranos is in Goodfellas?

Different entertainers who show up in “Goodfellas” and “The Sopranos” incorporate Frank Vincent as the candid Billy Batts and New York supervisor Phil Leotardo, separately; Tony Sirico as hoodlums Tony Stacks and Paulie “Pecans” Gualtieri; Vincent Pastore as an anonymous man moving a coat rack and FBI nark Salvatore Bonpensiero;

Is Vito from Sopranos in Goodfellas?

24) Vito Antufermo as Prizefighter and Bobby Zanone

The entertainer and resigned proficient fighter played a Prizefighter in Goodfellas prior to taking on his Sopranos job of Bobby Zazone, the proprietor of a trash depot utilized as a front for the Aprile team to sell drugs.

Conclusion

As a student Joseph has struggled throughout his educational career for three main reasons: His grades were mediocre to say the least, he was not focused on his school work and lacked motivation, and he did not have a desire to further his education or develop any kind of higher skills. These three issues have seemed to follow him into adulthood as well as they did in high school, except that now there is more at stake than just having to study more and do better in school; jobs are at risk too.

Related Articles

1. Why Did Chief Joseph Surrender

2. Women in the revolutionary war