Writing checks is an easy and important skill that every adult should know. To write a check, enter the current date in the line in the upper right corner, the recipient’s name in the “Pay” field, the numerical amount next How to Write a Check to the dollar sign ($), and the same written form. The amount of money on the bottom line; Sign the check on the bottom right line and consider adding a “note” about the purpose of the check to the bottom left line. The more often you write checks, the more natural the process will be.
Image titled Write a Check Step 1
Write the date on the line in the upper right corner. There will be a space next to or above the word “Date.” Remember that a check is a legal document and the date written here should always be the date you signed at the bottom of the check.
2. Write the name of the recipient Write the name of the person or company to whom you will be sending the check next to the line that says “Pay to the Order of”. If it is a company and you are unsure of what the company is called, make sure you get it before. Will write a check You can pay a check-in “cash” too, but be careful, it means anyone can withdraw cash.
If it belongs to a specific person, include both first and last names. If they are ‘junior’ or ‘senior’ you should include this.
If the check is sent to the organization, write the full name. Abbreviations are forbidden unless expressly permitted.
3. Write the amount of the check to the right of the dollar sign. Write down the exact amount using dollars and cents. If the check is twenty dollars, write “20.00”.
4. Write the amount on the check-in form below the “Pay to the Order of” line. Make sure you include the number of cents if you have them, or write an “even” at the end of the amount so that people don’t. Another adds money into that amount. If you write a check for $ 20.00, write “Twenty Dollars and 0/100 Cents”, “Twenty Dollars,” or just “Twenty” with a line all the way from the right side of the word to the end of the line.
5. Sign the check at the bottom right line. Your check will be invalid if not personally signed.
6. Fill out the record section at the bottom left of the check. Although this check is optional. But it’s helpful to write a note to yourself or the recipient to remember how the check was. You can write “For May rent” if you are submitting a rental check. Additionally, many companies or landlords require you to provide other information in the memo section. Some companies require you to write your ID number in the “section”. Note "And if you are writing your apartment rent checks, you should write #apartments in the notes section.