How Many Watts Does A Minn Kota Trolling Motor Use

How Many Watts Does A Minn Kota Trolling Motor Use: A rough estimate of trolling motor power is that one power conversion equals 750 watts. A 12-volt motor with 20 amps consumes 240 watts, which is 240/750 =. 32 chap.

What is trolling motor?

A trolling motor is a standalone device that is mounted either in the bow or stern of an angler’s boat and consists of an electric motor, propeller, and controls.

If it is not the vessel’s principal means of propulsion, a gasoline-powered outboard used for trolling may alternatively be referred to as a trolling motor.

Trolling motors are frequently hauled out of the water to reduce drag when the boat’s main engine is running.

How many watts does a trolling motor consume?

A rough estimate of trolling motor power is that one power conversion equals 750 watts. A 12-volt motor with 20 amps consumes 240 watts, which is 240/750 =. 32 chap.

How much power does my Minn Kota trolling motor require from a battery?

A Minn Kota trolling motor will run on any 12-volt deep cycle lead acid battery. Use a deep cycle battery of at least 110 amps for best results.

Summary:

A rough estimate of trolling motor power is that one power conversion equals 750 watts. A 12-volt motor with 20 amps consumes 240 watts, which is 240/750 =. 32 chap.

How a Battery Operates

Anyone who enjoys boating understands the purpose of batteries, but not everyone is familiar with how each type works. Energy is held and stored in the motor battery for later use.

Lead-acid batteries, which contain lead plates dipped in acid, are used in automobiles. These batteries often belong to the flooded battery group, where the acid acts as a liquid that can easily flow inside the battery casing.

The battery measurements will be discussed next, including cranking amps and amp hours. The amount of amps a battery project in 30 seconds at 32 degrees Fahrenheit is known as the “cranking amp” (CA).

Similar amps known as cranking cold amps (CCA) are measured at zero degrees Fahrenheit. Regarding brief periods of intense use, like starter motors, CAs perform well.

Ampere calculation with hours.:

The number of amps provided for specific hours is measured in amp hours. For instance, a 100 amp hour battery uses 1 amp to last 100 hours and 20 amps to last 5 hours. The calculation is easy:

Amp x Hours = Amp Hours

The formula below can be used to convert RC to amp hours.

RC/2.4 = Amp Hours

Summary:

Multiply ampere with hours to get ampere per hour. Another formula for converting RC to amp hours is RC/2.4 = Amp Hours.

Estimating draws at various speeds:

The manufacturer often lists the maximum amperage draw for your trolling motor at starting and top speed. Finally, you must utilize it as a reference point for estimating draws at various speeds.

Thrust Max AMP Volts Recommended Breaker
Minn Kota 50 50 12 60
Motor Guide 55 52 12 *
Newport Vessel 62 58 12 50
Motor Guide 80 56 24 *
Minn Kota 80 56 24 60
Newport Vessel 86 48 24 50
Motor Guide 105 36 36 *
Minn Kota 112 52 36 60

How Long Can a Battery Power an Electric Trolling Motor?

Take the battery’s amp hour rating, divide it in half, and then multiply the number by the maximum amp draw to find how long your motor will operate at its maximum speed.

Your answer is the number of hours your battery will last running at full speed, although most people shouldn’t operate their motor at a higher power level than 50%. (thrust).

FAQS:

The frequently asked questions about How Many Watts Does A Minn Kota Trolling Motor Use are given below.

### 1. And how many amps does a 12V trolling motor draw?

For example, a 55-pound boost unit has a peak of 40 amps. If you use the trolling motor for 6 hours with an average 50% load of 20 amps, the trolling motor will require a 120 Ah battery charge. (6 hours x 20 amps = 120 amperes).

### 2. What is the amp draw of a 45 kilogram trolling motor?

While the Minn Kota Endura C2 30 (30 Shaft) freshwater trolling motor model takes 32 amps/hour to get 30 lbs of thrust, it can deliver 30 lbs of thrust at around 18 amps/hour. 40-45 pounds of thrust is about 29 amps/hour instead of the 42 amps/hour that the respective motors use for the same power.

### 3. How long does a 12V battery run a trolling motor?

A battery with a 1 Ah capacity must be able to discharge continuously for an hour at a rate of 1 Ampere. As a general rule, small batteries are generally rated between 25Ah and 50Ah, and large deep cycle batteries are rated at 100Ah. There is no ideal amperage for a trolling motor battery.

### 4. How fast does a 55kg trolling motor go?

Two 55-pound motors won’t move you any faster than a 30-pound motor. 12V trolling motors with higher thrust are designed for larger, heavier boats with higher payloads. Regardless of force, a trolling motor’s top speed is five mph.

### 5. Can a car battery be used for an electric motor?

A car battery is 12 volts and can power your trolling motor. However, the time it takes to do this is only a fraction of the time a designated deep cycle battery can do, and the car battery has a significantly shorter lifespan if you choose to use these apps.

### 6. How often should I charge the trolling motor battery?

Charge them after each round. If it persist longer than one week, please charge it. The batteries must be charged every time the boat is navigated. If you go weekly, you will probably never need to use the charger as it should be fully charged when you return to the port.

### 7. How long does a 35 Ah battery run a trolling motor?

Let’s say my deep cycle battery has an RC rating of 140. Divide that by 2.4, and I get about 58 amps/hour. Let’s say my motor is the Endura 30 mentioned above, and I’m towing at two speeds of ten amps of traction. How long has my engine been running?

### 8. What size of wire do I need for a 24-volt electric motor?

In most cases, the recommended cable is eight gauge for most 24-volt systems and six gauge for a system 6 feet or more to account for voltage, heat, and current variations due to low batteries. I recommend a six gauge cable and four gauge wire for over 15 feet.

### 9.For a trolling motor, how many batteries am I going to need?

Most trolling motor batteries fail due to lack of power. We recommend choosing a 12-volt deep cycle marine battery with a minimum of 110 amps, typically a 27 group. The higher the number of amps, the more driving time you will have.

### 10. Do I need a deep cycle battery for a trolling motor?

Deep cycle batteries. Since trolling motors require a stable and constant power source, consider using a general or deep cycle battery. Both batteries are designed to gradually drain a large percentage of their total capacity over time.

### 11. How long does a deep cycle battery last?

The secret is to figure out the amps at the battery voltage using the watts you already know. For example, suppose you want to power a 250-watt 110 VAC light bulb through an inverter for 5 hours. Amp-hours (at 12 volts) = watts / 12 volts = 1470/12 = 122.5 amps.

### 12. How long does a battery electric motor last?

The higher the rating, the more power the battery can hold and the longer it can power an engine at a given speed. For example, a 100 amp battery can supply 25 amps (25 amps * 4 hours = 100 amps) for 4 hours before the power is turned off.

### 13. Can you spin a trolling motor out of the water?

The surrounding water cools your motor, so it would be nice to get it out of the water quickly, but it would take a long time to drain the battery and put the motor out of strain.

Conclusion:

A Minn Kota trolling motor use 750 watts. Besides that, you will learn about the topic: How Many Watts Does A Minn Kota Trolling Motor Use? In details.