Do You Need an Attorney to File for Disability?

Do you need an attorney to file for disability? The short response would possibly be not just to complete the original proposal. But you’d be well advised to be represented by an attorney or some other trained individual if your application is rejected and you need to have a trial. However, nearly 70 percent of disability applications are initially rejected by the SSA and many candidates give up at this stage. Claims have a fairly high chance of being accepted if taken into the appeals process. But getting skilled assistance in this phase will improve the chances of success and is strongly recommended.

Why do you recruit a lawyer before claiming for disability for social security?

There are many advantages to having a disability attorney involved early in the case. The first one is that when it comes to interacting with the Social Security Administration, which can be a difficult agency to work with, you will not be on your own. Your lawyer will file your claim and make sure that you qualify for all the services that you might be entitled to. An instance of this is when I take a case in which the person only applied for Social Security Disability Benefits (SSDI) and not Supplemental Security Benefits.

When Do I Get My SSD Case Attorney?

Another important reason for hiring an attorney before filing is that your disability attorney will actively help get the facts they need to determine the case for Social Security. To decide your claim, Social Security obtains the medical records from your doctors, but also do not get all of your medical records and often refuse claims if they do not have all of the medical records. Your lawyer can get your medical records if you have an attorney from the beginning and give them straight to Inequalities. The first step I do when I take a case from the start is to call your doctors to get your patient files, and then I send them to Social Security when I receive them so that they have the documentation they need when deciding your claim.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Here are a few commonly asked questions.

What documents do you need to file for disability?

• To prove that you are qualified, we can ask you to provide documents, such as:
  • Certificate of birth or other evidence of birth,
  • Proof of citizenship or legal immigration status if you were not born in that region;
  • W-2 forms(s) and/or last year’s personality tax returns;
  • A Study on Adult Disability that gathers more knowledge about your conditions, accidents or situations and your job history

How long would it take to get your disability from an attorney?

Depending on where you live and the complexity of your situation, the process could take anywhere from one month to three years. When you first apply for disability, this usually takes up to six months to obtain a verdict. You have the right to an Application for Reassessment if you are denied.

Conclusion

The answer to the question, “do you need an attorney to file for disability? “, is of course yes. The simple truth is that when you partner with an accomplished disability attorney, you greatly improve your odds of winning your SSDI or SSI benefits. Often when handling disability cases, lawyers work on a contingency fee. This means that but if you get paid, they don’t get paid a penny. Lawyers’ fees for disability cases are set by the federal government. During this petition phase, there is another good reason to employ an attorney to support you. If you represent yourself and have gone through the whole process of collecting evidence, preparing witnesses, and then arguing your case even before a judge, the judge can wonder why you can deal with all the legwork required at this level to deal with the Social Security appeal, but you say you can’t work. Not that every jury will react in this way, but it is an aspect to consider.