8 Steps: How to make a wireless phone charger?

Smartphones are the most popular and useful gadgets in the last decade. This gadget is true, a great invention now a necessity for everyone. Since battery technology has not improved significantly compared to a smartphone, we often need to charge it. Previously, wired chargers were the only option to charge the phone, but since the introduction of wireless technology, wireless chargers have gained momentum at an impressive rate.

I also needed a wireless smartphone charger. I decided to make a powerful wireless charger for my smartphone in this trainable. This DIY Wireless Charger is a good 10-watt fast charger that can charge a 3000 mAh battery for about 3 hours. Let’s get started.

Step 1: Management Principles

A wireless charger works on the principle of “electronic, magnetic induction”. When the base flows through the wire coils, it generates a “magnetic field”. Similar charging receiver coils are located under the back cover of the smartphone.

When the mobile phone is placed on top of the wireless charger, the transmitted magnetic field generates an electric current in the receiver coil, then transfers and is controlled by the phone’s charging circuit. This charging circuit of the phone provides controlled optimal power to properly charge the battery.

Note: Wireless charging is about 70% more efficient than direct cable connection charge. However, it provides a lot of comfort and ease of use.

Step 2: Prepare the wireless charger PCBA

After providing the wireless charger printed circuit board assembly, carefully open the box. Make sure no wires break when opening the package. Check the circuit and if everything looks OK, place a sheet of cardboard on top of the charger coil and turn on the circuit.

Place the mobile phone on top of the cardboard and check the charger circuit. Continue only if the charger performs well if the product is not returned or no exchange is received. After testing the product, remove all coil connections from the circuit board.

There is no need to disconnect the status LED board from the original PCBA. Extend the main charging coil connections using the connecting wires. Make sure that the charger to use good quality, thick copper). Properly insulate joints with heat shrink tubing.

Step 3: Create a perimeter for the circuit board

Draw a circle about 6 inches in diameter on a sheet of cardboard. Place the circuit side by side and mark the boundaries shown in the figure above. Using a stationary knife, cut out the cardboard along the marked lines.

Make sure there are two such pieces. Cut a long strip from flexible cardboard with a width of about 2 cm. Using superglue, paste the strip along the border of a piece to create the bottom base.

Step 4: Fix the base circuit.

Apply some hot glue or double-sided tape to the cardboard base. Look at the pictures above and paste the circuit board over the double-sided tape. Observe the stable LEDs’ position on the board: Mark the appropriate slots at the bottom base border and cut.

Set the LED position and secure the small board with hot glue. The circuit board is fixing that you will find to the bottom base.

Step 5: Reconnect the coils.

Cut two small strips with a width of about 1 cm from the flexible cardboard. Attach the two strips opposite each other to the base’s inner border. These strips will support the top platform above them. Place the coils near the circuit board.

One by one, all the wires of the solder circuit board were removed in the exact order. Need to double-check the connections. Make sure the coils are properly connected.

Step: Connect the coils.

Cut a circle about 6 inches in diameter. Cover the circuit board using a circle of cardboard, as shown in the figure Apply some hot glue or double-sided tape to the top of the cardboard. Paste the charging coils over the double-sided tape.

Place the coils in a place where they are almost in the cardboard centre. Look at the pictures carefully and cut out a piece of cardboard. It can cover the micro USB port and cover the joints with brown paper. Now, close the enclosure with the top platform and secure it with super glue.

Note: Be sure not to use too thick cardboard as the top platform as the wireless charger may not work if there is too much distance between the charger coil and the phone.

Step 7: Designing

Create a design for your wireless charger using any image designing software. I used GIMP software and referred to Google Images to create my design. You can easily create new designs or download my design.

Take a print of the design on an A4 size paper. Cut the necessary graphic and glue and paste the top platform’s design. The wireless charger looks great now.

Step 8: Test

Allow any glue to dry properly under the pasted design. When the charger is complete, attach a wall adapter to the wireless charger. Turn on the switch, and you will notice the changing colours of the stable LED from red to blue and eventually become stable on the red. When placed on top of a mobile phone charger, the status LED will turn blue, and the phone will start charging wirelessly.

Note: Many of you may argue that I did not make a wireless charger but only a cardboard enclosure. You may be right, but it is the best way to get a customized, good wireless smartphone charger without spending it.

Final verdict:

The tutorial is so friends, stay tuned, and subscribe to regular updates. You can communicate through social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you missed it, watch the video and see how I made my wireless charger. If you like this review, check to my site best wireless phone charger. Thanks for reading the article.

FAQ: How to make a wireless phone charger

How can I make a wireless charger at home?

Apply some hot glue and double side tape to the cardboard’s top. Paste the charging coils over the double-sided tape and place the coils in a position where they are almost in the cardboard’s centre. Cut out a piece of cardboard so that it can be used to cover the micro USB port.

How do I charge my phone wirelessly?

Remove your case. Try removing your phone casti receiver. Set up your wireless receiver. Plug your phone registry and restart the case.

What makes a wireless charger fast?

Quick charging basically increases the charging power and charges the battery faster, which results in shorter charging time. You need a mobile device that supports wireless charging for fast charging. The wireless charger supports fast charging with an adapter that can provide the required power.

Does wireless charging work with a magnet?

Wireless charging known as inductive charging uses magnetic fields to transmit powerlessly. Thus, magnets can cause wireless charging interference, making it difficult for the two to pair together.

Can any phone use a wireless charger?

Yes. They support the same wireless charging standard. You can use any wireless charger with your smartphone. These don’t need to be made by the same manufacturer - for example, and you can use a Samsung wireless charger with an iPhone.