Your Boat Capsizes And Floats Away What Should You Do

Your boat turns and lands. what can you do? 3

update

A. Tighten your PFD securely and wait.

B. Swim behind the boat and try to catch it.

C. Shake your PFD for help.

If you can save a boat, do so because it is a safe haven, and if you can get on it, you will be safe. But since this is not a bicycle, you have to do A. You will waste more energy trying to reach the boat and you may lose consciousness. First PFD.

According to the Safe Navigation course, A. Save your PFD and wait a minute.

Obviously, insert your PFD. When you are near, swim and call the Coast Guard. Otherwise, you're ready with the right safety devices (portable VHF radio, GPS and personal tracker). In that case, you should turn on the signal and try to call someone. Provide precise coordinates.

Don't move the PFD for help. PFD is designed to keep you motivated, not to report distress. What's the point of swimming after a boat capsizes, unless you think you can get supplies, food / water, etc.? My recommendation is don't build a boat with the right equipment and wear a life jacket while walking.

I understand that.

If for some reason you can't do that, contact the Coast Guard and ask them. This is dangerous for other ships.

If this is a small boat that collides with a turn, it is probably not faster than you. Both will be flowing with the current until there is good wind and the boat has no resistance to go up and down. Which seems impossible. If the plane doesn't go down, you better stop, and we know that maybe you can fix it and go back inside, maybe find a paddle and pick me up on time for dinner.

What is the condition of the boat / prison?

Swimming and praying!

s to swim

I have to

But I do.