Definition of Working class:
Socioeconomic class consisting of individuals that are paid an hourly wage and considered to be lower-middle class. Typically these individuals work blue-collar jobs such as manufacturing, retail sales, or food service. Also called lower class.
While "working class" is typically associated with manual labor and limited education, blue collar workers are vital to every economy. Economists in the United States generally define "working class" as adults without a college degree. Many members of the working class are also defined as middle-class. .
"Working class" is a socioeconomic term used to describe persons in a social class marked by jobs that provide low pay, require limited skill, or physical labor. Typically, working-class jobs have reduced education requirements. Unemployed persons or those supported by a social welfare program are often included in the working class.
Synonyms of Working class
Bourgeois, Bourgeoisie, Common people, Common run, Common sort, Commonage, Commonality, Commonalty, Commoners, Commons, Laborers, Linendrapers, Lower classes, Lower middle class, Lower orders, Lumpen proletariat, Middle class, Middle orders, Middle-class, Ordinary people, Peasantry, Plain folks, Plain people, Proletarian, Proletariat, Rank and file, Shopkeepers, Small tradesmen, The lower cut, The other half, The third estate, Toilers, Toiling class, Upper middle class, Vulgus, Working people
How to use Working class in a sentence?
- Working class is a socioeconomic term describing persons in a social class marked by jobs that provide low pay and require limited skill.
- Today, most working-class jobs are found in the services sector and include clerical, retail sales, and low-skill manual labor vocations.
- Typically, working-class jobs have reduced education requirements.
- The working class man showed up every day and worked as hard as he could and he was thanked with his pension.
- Growing up, my father was a part of the working class and would work all day and then come home exhausted.
- You must try to market your product to the working class because that is where a majority of the population lies.
Meaning of Working class & Working class Definition