Wipe mac

Wipe mac

How do I completely wipe my MacBook? OS X or later Back up the data you want to keep. Open the Apple menu. Click Restart.. Click "Restart" to confirm. Hold down ⌘ + R while restarting your Mac. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Click Disk Utility. Click Continue. Click on your Mac's hard drive and click Uninstall. Give your hard drive a name. Click the Format: drop-down menu.

Should I Clean my Mac?

Follow these instructions when cleaning your Mac or iPhone: Turn off your device. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Shut down. Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe the dust off the screen. Cleanse with slow, gentle circular motions. Apply a small amount of cleaning agent to the cloth (the cloth should not get wet).

How to wipe a Mac hard drive ?

• Turn off your Mac.
  • Immediately press the Power button and hold the Command and R keys at the same time.
  • Wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
  • Select Disk Utility from the list of OS X utilities.
  • Select the hard drive you want to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.

How to Reset my Mac desktop?

• Click the Apple icon () in the top left corner of your Mac screen and select Restart.
  • Click Restart.
  • Once you hear the beep from the Mac indicating that it is rebooting, hold down the Command and R keys.
  • Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility.
  • Select your Mac's system drive, commonly referred to as Macintosh HD, then click

How to clean macbook screen

How do I clear everything off my MacBook?

To sign out, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Sign Out. To avoid losing text messages, sign out of iMessage. Go to Settings > Accounts and click Sign Out. Finally, delete everything from your Mac and then reinstall the OS X system.

How do you factory reset a Mac laptop?

Select the Clear tab, set Format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and click the Clear button. Exit Disk Utility when you have finished formatting the hard drive. Choose Install Mac OS X from the menu and follow the on-screen instructions to restore factory settings.

:brown_circle: How do I completely remove MacKeeper from my MacBook?

In a Finder window, go to the Applications folder and select MacKeeper (if you have a Time Machine, follow Step TM). Then hold down the Command key and press Delete once. If you've assigned MacKeeper to dock in the Dock, then also drag the Dock icon and drop it somewhere on the desktop.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to factory reset a Mac?

On Intel-based Mac computers, press and hold the power button and choose the Restart option from the pop-up menu. Otherwise, open the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and choose Restart. From there, hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Release the keys and let the Mac start up and open in Recovery.

How to clean mac screen

How do i completely wipe my macbook pro

The guidelines for cleaning your MacBook Pro screen assume that you first turn off your Mac completely, unplug it, and remove the battery. When you're done, pour some water on a lint-free cloth or paper and wipe the screen. Make sure the cloth or paper is clean and very soft.

How do you Hard Reset a MacBook Pro?

Battery reset Find out what a battery reset will fix. Look for symptoms. Open the Apple menu. Click Stop.. Click Stop when prompted. Connect your MacBook Pro to the included charger. Locate the SMC reset key. Press and hold the reset buttons on the SMC for 10 seconds. Press the on button.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I erase all content in MacBook Pro?

• The first step requires restarting your MacBook.
  • Press and hold CMD + R at the same time on startup.
  • Click the Disk Utility button and click Next.
  • Now go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
  • Make sure to disconnect all external drives from your MacBook.
  • See the list.
  • Touch the Delete tab.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory?

To factory reset your MacBook Pro, do the following: plug it into a power source and reboot it. Finally, hold down the CommandR key (Command and R keys at the same time) to start the restore process. Press and hold these buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release them.

How to clean washing machine with vinegar

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do i completely wipe my macbook air

Cleaning My MacBook Air Turn off your MacBook Air and unplug all accessories. It is important to turn off your MacBook Air completely before cleaning it. Clean the fan with a can of compressed air. Over time, dust builds up on your MacBook Air, which can cause it to overheat and affect how you archive. Clean the outer casing with a damp, lint-free cloth. Lightly spray distilled water on a microfiber or lint-free cloth.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I Reboot my Apple MacBook Air?

Simultaneously press the Power button and the ShiftControlOption button on the left side of the Macbook Air's built-in keyboard. Wait for a while and then release the buttons and the power button at the same time. Press the power button to turn your MacBook Air back on.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How can I clean the screen of my MacBook Air?

To clean the screen of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, you must first turn off your computer and unplug the power adapter. Simply dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with water and wipe your computer screen with it.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I remove viruses on my MacBook Air?

1) Move or close the scan window. 2) Go to the Utilities folder in the Applications folder and start Activity Monitor. 3) Select "All Processes" from the context menu in the top right corner of the window. 4) In the Process Name column, find the name of the application and click to select it. Common application names: MacDefender, MacSecurity, or MacProtector.

Clean my mac free

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I best 'clean up' my Mac?

• Optimize your memory. Open your storage manager application using Spotlight (Command Prompt) or by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner of the menu bar and selecting About This Mac.
  • Consult your questions and documents.
  • Keep your office under control.
  • Try DaisyDisk.

What are the best ways to clean your Mac?

• Clean your office. Mac Finder treats any folder or file on your desktop as a window.
  • Check your hard drive to see how much space it takes up. As applications and files accumulate on your internal drive, performance drops and system reactions may occur.
  • Eliminate duplicate files.
  • Clear your system's cache files.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How useful is Clean my Mac?

• Unwanted system. CleanMyMacs System Spam Cleanup is designed to remove temporary files left by your operating system and the applications you have installed on your system.
  • Unwanted photo.
  • Email attachments.
  • iTunes trash.
  • Part.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Which is the best app to clean my Mac?

Find the app in Finder. Most applications are located in the Applications folder, which you can access by clicking Applications in the sidebar of a Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find an app, then hold down the Command (?) key and double-click the app in Spotlight. Drag the application to the Trash or select the application and choose File > Move to.

What should i clean my mac screen with

Cleaning Your MacBook Screen Turn off and unplug your MacBook. Remove all charging cables and accessories. Clean the screen with a dry microfiber cloth. Gently wipe the MacBook screen with a microfiber cloth. Dampen the cloth and clean the screen again. Spray water on the fabric to remove stains. Disinfect the screen with isopropyl alcohol or Clorox wipes.

What is the best cleaner for Mac?

Pasta. Macaroni, one of the best Mac cleaners, not only removes all unwanted programs and files, but also keeps your iOS system updated and speeds up all other operations.

Do I really need a Mac cleaner?

Many Apple users believe that there is no need to clean up the Mac, but as more and more junk files occupy your Mac storage, your Mac will slow down and malfunction. You have to rely on Mac cleaner software to remove all unnecessary data.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What is the best software to clean a Mac?

CleanMyMac X is the best Mac cleaner. To find the best one, I had to use several Mac cleaners, but in doing so, they had to set benchmarks. They used the following criteria to find the most effective Mac cleaning tool.

Is CleanMyMac 3 safe to use?

Is CleanMyMac 3 safe? Configure CleanMyMac 3. Although the application itself is safe, it can accidentally do a lot of damage if the settings are wrong. Using CleanMyMac 3. Since CleanMyMac 3 does not work at the file system level, it should also work with HFS+ and APFS formatted volumes. Disable dangerous options. Be careful not to include things like removing app localization if you need to work with your software in other languages.

Is CleanMyMac 3 good?

CleanMyMac 3 is a great program to keep your Mac running fast and smooth. It's like cleaning your house. Just hit Start and the programs will find (and remove) tons of junk you've never used or didn't know you had.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Is it safe to use CleanMyMac program?

In general, downloading and installing CleanMyMac from the App Store is safe because Apple does not host malware. However, some CleanMyMac features may not be safe for inexperienced users. For example, if an application deletes some files, your Mac may become unstable.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What should i clean my mac screen with windex

Do not use Windex etc. as Windex is a chemical and will damage the coating on the screen. Use water and a clean, lint-free cloth to clean. Your MacBook is too expensive to be damaged by a wrong decision. Can I use Clorox or Lysol wipes on my MacBook?

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to clean the screen of a MacBook?

After you've cleaned your MacBook's screen, spray isopropyl alcohol on a clean microfiber cloth and wipe the screen to disinfect it. You can also clean the screen with a Clorox disinfectant wipe. You may need to reuse a dry microfiber cloth to remove traces and residue of this disinfectant. Keep all your Apple products clean.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Can you use hydrogen peroxide to clean MacBook screen?

Do not use aerosols, solvents, abrasives or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide as these may damage the surface. To clean the screen of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, you must first turn off your computer and unplug the power adapter. Simply dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with water and wipe your computer screen with it.

:brown_circle: Is cleaning fluid bad for your MacBook screen?

Even if the screen cleaner is designed for use with screens, it can damage your MacBook. Excessive cleaning of your MacBook screen can damage the finish. You know you want to keep your MacBook's screen clean, but you shouldn't be cleaning it every day. Try not to do it more than once a week.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Is it safe to use CleanMyMac?

Yes! CleanMyMac is safe. If you research it, it is considered to be the popular cleaning software for Mac computers. If you love your Mac, you must keep it clean. If you don't keep it clean, it will slow down. If it slows down, you have a problem.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What is the best cleaner app for Mac?

Without further ado, here are 5 of the best cleaning apps to choose from. MacKeeper. Many Mac users recommend this versatile system utility because it can effectively clean all junk files that slow down your Mac MacCleanse 2. This application can safely scan your system and delete unnecessary files.

:brown_circle: Is Clean my Mac free?

OnyX Key Features: OnyX is a completely free Mac cleaner. It allows you to perform various maintenance and cleaning tasks on your Mac. This helps to identify problem files and folders. You can even rebuild multiple indexes and databases. This free Mac cleaner can also check the structure of system files.

Is Onyx Mac cleaner the tool you need?

OnyX is one of the best Mac cleaners because it cleans many specific files such as internal databases and registries. If you know what XPC cache is, you will surely love this app. But for them regular Mac users who came here for the glossy design and buttons, OnyX will take a while.

Does CCleaner work well on a Mac?

CCleaner for Mac works fine with the default options. You can radically change the settings, which you can do if you want to keep some information, add other things to clean up, or make many other changes. Some things need to be changed before starting the CCleaners cleaning process (make these changes before you start cleaning):

How to clean phone screen

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Is CCleaner safe to use on Mac?

However, since CCleaner for Mac includes slightly different features and treats the operating system in a completely different way, it is advisable to question its security. While CCleaner security vulnerabilities are common among users, there is no reason to believe that this software will harm your Mac.

Can I use CCleaner on a Mac?

Manage startup items on Mac with CCleaner. CCleaner for Mac makes it easy to manage startup items and speed up your Mac. To manage startup items, go to Tools > Startup and select the application you want to remove on startup.

How to securely erase a Mac's hard drive?

Let's start! Restart your Mac and hold down the following keyboard shortcut: Option + Command + R Your computer will start up in macOS recovery mode. Open Disk Utility to start erasing your hard drive. Click the Erase button at the top of Disk Utility to display the disk formatting options.

How do you erase a hard drive on a Mac computer?

Insert the Mac OS X installation CD into your CD/DVD drive and restart your computer. Hold down the C key while the system boots up. Select "Select Installer" and select "Open Disk Utilities". Select the hard drive you want to erase and click the Erase tab. Select a format and click Options.

How to clean screens

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you unpartition a hard drive on a Mac?

Click the Windows Start button, type in the search box and press Enter to open the Computer Management utility. 2. Click "Disk Management" in the left pane to see a list of hard drives on your computer. 3. View the list. Right-click on the drive you want to partition.

:brown_circle: How to clean my Mac's hard drive?

Follow these steps to empty the trash on your Mac's hard drive. This is the most common tip from all Mac users on how to deal with a lack of storage space. Clear cache. The second step in clearing space on Mac hard drive is to clear the system, user and browser caches. Remove unnecessary old apps. Remove language packs. Take away the space monopoly. Manage your email archives. Try some of the maintenance programs.

How to wipe a mac hard drive complete walkthrough for sale

How to clean a Mac hard drive (HDD)
Step 1 : Turn off your Mac.
Step 2 : Immediately press the power button and hold down the Ctrl and R keys at the same time.
Step 3 : Wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
Step 4 : Select Disk Utility from the list of utilities for OS X. Click Continue.

:brown_circle: How to clear disk space on MacBook Air?

Make sure your Mac is turned off. Press the on button. Immediately hold the controller and the R buttons. Wait for the Apple logo to appear. Select Disk Utility from the list of utilities for OS X. Click Continue. Select the hard drive you want to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar. Click the Delete button.

:brown_circle: How to Erase Disk in macOS High Sierra?

Disk Utility in macOS High Sierra or later can erase most Mac hard drives and volumes using the new Apple File System (APFS) or the old Mac OS Extended format, and it will automatically select a supported format for you.

How do I completely erase a hard drive in Windows 10?

Select the hard drive you want to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar. Click the Delete button. Click the Security Options button. There is a slider in the Security Options window that you can use to control how clean the hard drive is. This security settings slider has four notches.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What is the best portable hard drive for Mac?

1 Seagate Backup Plus. Seagate Backup Plus is the perfect external hard drive for Mac and comes highly recommended by most websites. 2 Western Digital My Passport Ultra External Hard Drive For Mac My Passport from Western Digital is one of the best external hard drive for Mac 3 Toshiba Canvio Slim II. Another portable external hard drive for your Mac is the Toshiba Canvio Slim II. It is compatible with Mac OS x. 4 GDrive Slim technology. Company: G-Technologie. As the name suggests, this external hard drive for Mac is thinner than the other hard drive mentioned. 5 Transcend Store Jet. If you're looking for an external Mac hard drive with one-click file backup, look no further. Top 5 free hard drive data recovery software in 2020. If the game does not start quickly, try restarting your device.

Will a Mac hard drive work with a PC?

Mac hard drive is formatted as HFS or HFS+ and Windows PC hard drive is formatted as FAT or NTFS. The physical hard drive, the actual hardware, is exactly the same and works on both Mac and Windows PC. Mac Hard Drive works fine on Windows PC (after some work).

Can Mac read an USB PC external hard drive?

To access or play an external hard drive on your Mac, all you need to do is plug it in and open it from the Finder sidebar. However, if it doesn't appear, the external drive is most likely using a format that macOS doesn't support. Open Disk Utility on your Mac and see if the disk appears there.

:brown_circle: Is my laptop a Mac or a PC?

A Mac is a desktop, laptop, or tablet made and sold by Apple Inc. and which runs the Mac operating system, also known as Mac OS.

How to clear startup disk on MacBook Air?

In the macOS Utilities window, select Disk Utility. Click the Next button in the lower right corner. Locate your startup disk under "Internal" in the left pane. It's called Macintosh HD by default unless you change it. Click the Erase button at the top of the Disk Utility window.

:brown_circle: How do I clear the contents of my MacBook?

Hold down Command + R after pressing the power button to turn on your Mac, or immediately after you restart your Mac. In the macOS Utilities window, choose Utilities > Terminal. Enter the following command in Terminal: xartutil delete all. Press Enter, type yes when asked if you are sure, then press Enter again.

How to restore MacBook to factory settings and wipe all files?

However, since you want to factory reset your MacBook and erase all files, it's best to disable FileVault. Follow the instructions: go to Apple menu > System Preferences. Select Security & Privacy, then click FileVault. Click the lock icon to unlock it. Enter your administrator name and password.

What is the best hard drive for Mac?

If you are planning to buy the best external hard drive for MAC, Time Capsule is the most reliable one as it offers 3 TB and 2 TB of storage space. If you need more MAC hard drives, you can consider a 3 TB hard drive.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do you backup a hard drive on a Mac?

Connect your external hard drive to your Mac. When prompted by Time Machine, click Use as backup disk. Your backup will start automatically. You can also click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar and choose Back Up Now.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What is a portable hard drive?

A portable hard drive is a type of digital storage device. It is usually comfortable to wear and has plenty of storage space. This device is compatible with most computers and generally works with Windows and Mac. Most portable hard drives connect to your computer with a USB cable.

How to clean a window air conditioner

How to wipe a mac hard drive complete walkthrough guide

Step 1 : Turn off your Mac.
Step 2 : Immediately press the power button and hold down the Ctrl and R keys at the same time.
Step 3 : Wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
Step 4 : Select Disk Utility from the list of utilities for OS X. Click Continue.
Step 5 : Select the hard drive you want to erase by clicking it in the sidebar.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to erase a hard drive on MacBook Air?

Use Disk Utility to erase (format) data on your hard drive, USB drive, or other storage device for Mac. Disk Utility can erase hard drives, add volumes, check hard drives for errors, and more. Removing a disk or volume permanently deletes all files.

How to format the internal Mac hard drive?

Follow 2 steps to factory reset your Mac: format your Mac hard drive (erase all data) in recovery mode and reinstall macOS. How is the Macintosh's internal hard drive formatted? Don't worry, the built-in disk utility can help. Press and hold the power button. In the pop-up window, click Restart.

Mac hard drive location

On Mac computers, all mapped drives (including hidden drives) are mounted/located in the /Volumes folder. Here's how to use this information to get the names of all readers:

:brown_circle: How to find the hard drive on a Mac?

To do this, make sure the word Finder is in your Mac's menu bar. If not, tap the Finder icon at the bottom of your Mac to bring it up. Then, to view your hard drive on your Mac desktop, do the following: Go to the menu bar, then Finder.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I find out where a file is stored on Mac?

1 In the Music application on your Mac, click Songs in the left sidebar. 2 Do one of the following. Find the location of the file: select an item and choose Number > Information. The file path is displayed at the bottom of the files area (next to the location). Show a file in Finder: Select an item, then choose File > Show in Finder.

How to move photos to external hard drive on Mac?

In another Finder window, locate your photo library. By default, it is stored in the Pictures folder in /Users//Pictures. Drag your photo library to a new location on your external drive. If you get an error, select the external drive icon in Finder and choose File > Get Info.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to fix external hard drive not showing up on Mac?

1 To get started, go to the Finder menu and select Preferences here. 2 In Finder preferences, select the General tab. 3 Here you need to make sure that the option "External drives" is checked under "Show these items on my desktop".

Stocard

How to wipe an Intel-based MacBook?

How to Erase Intel MacBook: Shut down your Mac Restart your Mac and hold Command + R at the same time until you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe. When you enter macOS Recovery Mode, click Disk Utility > Next.

How to wipe an apple M1 MacBook?

Erase data from Apple MacBook M1: Turn off your computer. Then restart your MacBook and hold the power button. Release the power button when you see the boot options. Select Options and enter the administrator password. When you see all four options, select Disk Utility. This also means that you have entered macOS recovery mode.

:brown_circle: Find mac hard drive

A: Answer: A: To display Macintosh HD in the sidebar of the Finder, open a Finder window, go to the Finder menu (in the menu bar) > Preferences > Sidebar and enable Hard Drives. It appears in the Devices section of the Finder's sidebar. To see it on your desktop, open the Finder menu (in the menu bar) > Preferences > General and enable Hard Drives.

:brown_circle: What is the best external hard drive for a Mac?

External hard drives for Mac work the same as they do for PCs. The best external hard drives for Mac usually connect to your Mac via a Thunderbolt or USB cable. This generally gives the fastest connection.

Can you use the same external hard drive for a Mac and a PC?

While you can physically connect a Mac hard drive to a Windows PC, the PC cannot read the drive. Because the two systems use different file systems for storage: Macs use HFS, HFS+, or HFSX formats, and PCs use FAT32 or NTFS. The same is true when you connect your PC's hard drive to your Mac.

How do I format an external hard drive on a Mac?

Formatting the hard drive (Mac) 1. Connect the external hard drive to your computer. 3. Open Disk Utility. 4. Select the external hard drive on the left. 1. Right click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner. 3. Right click on the external hard drive on the "Volume" tab. 4. Click Format.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I restore my Mac to factory settings?

Perform a factory reset on your Mac Click on the Apple menu icon and then select Restart. When the Mac has restarted, hold down the Command and R keys until the Mac OS X Utilities window appears. Select Disk Utility and click Next. Select your startup disk on the left side of the screen, then click Erase.

How to reset a Mac without the password?

Here are the steps required to factory reset MacBook Pro without password. If you are using an Intel MacBook Pro, you can hold Cmd + R during boot to enter recovery mode. With the new MacBook Pro M1, you don't have to hold down a hotkey. Press and hold the power button until you see the options.

How to Clean Washing Machine?

How do you set Mac to factory settings?

Steps to Factory Reset Mac or Clean Mac for Sale
Step 1 : Restart Mac OS X that you want to restore to factory settings.
Step 2 : then select Disk Utility and click Next.
Step 3 : Select the startup disk and use the "Erase" option to remove it.
Step 4 : Set the initial name of your hard drive and click the "Erase" button again.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you factory reset a Mac?

Restart your Mac in recovery mode and do a factory reset. Now that you're done, you can restart your MacBook. To do this, click the Restart command in the Apple menu and hold Command + R while restarting your Mac. Using Disk Utility, click "Erase" in the "Recovery" menu and completely erase the data from the hard drive.

:brown_circle: How to reset Mac to factory settings ?

Factory reset my Mac Restart your Mac and immediately after the startup sound, hold Command + R to enter recovery mode. On the macOS Utilities and Recovery Mode (or OS X Utilities) screen, select Disk Utility. Select Macintosh HD (or the name of the Mac drive) and then click the Uninstall button. Choose a name for the external drive, such as B. Macintosh HD, and next to Format, open the drop-down menu to select OS X Extended (Journaled). After the drive has erased everything, quit Disk Utility to return to the main Mac OS Utilities screen from which you started.

:brown_circle: How to recover data after factory reset on Mac?

• Download and install Mac data recovery software on your Mac computer that is logged on as a local system administrator.
  • After the installation process is complete, launch the software by clicking the shortcut icon on the desktop screen.
  • On the main screen, you will see two options such as volume recovery and format/reformat.

Stackable Washer And Dryer Lint Trap

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to reset my mac

How to restart MacBook Air. Find and select a recovery option. A menu will appear with a Reinstall OS X option that you need to click. Your MacBook Air connects to the Internet, downloads the necessary software, and launches System Restore.

How do you start a MAC in recovery mode?

After installation, follow these steps to put your Mac into recovery mode: Restart your Mac When you hear a beep, press and hold the Option key on your keyboard. Mount a bootable OS X recovery CD on your Mac and select it from the list of prompts. Your Mac will enter recovery mode and you can start repairing your Mac.

How to reset Mac to factory settings?

• Shut down your Mac completely.
  • Hold down the Command and R keys at the same time.
  • Turn on your Macbook, Macbook Pro, Mac Mini, or any other computer with OS X.
  • Open Disk Utility with your Mac in "recovery mode".
  • In Disk Utility, click Next, then select your (primary) hard drive and click Disable.
  • Click Clear and exit Disk Utility.
  • Click the Reinstall OS X button and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X computer.
  • Reinstalling Mac OS X will reboot your computer to factory settings. You need to reinstall all your apps and sync all your accounts.

How do you force restart a MacBook?

The easy way: press and hold the power button until your Mac shuts down. Press the button again to restart it. If your Mac is constantly freezing and the pointer isn't active: Hold down Ctrl + Command while pressing the power button. This is an alternative keyboard shortcut to force restart your Mac.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do you reboot a Mac?

Restart your Mac The safest way to restart your Mac is through the Apple menu. Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen and select Restart. If you have any open windows or applications that you want to reopen when you restart your computer, select the Reopen Windows on reconnect check box.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I reboot my MacBook Pro?

Restart NVRAM. Find out what resetting NVRAM solves. Open the Apple menu. Click Stop.. Click Stop when prompted. Locate the NVRAM reset buttons. Turn your Mac back on Press and hold the NVRAM reset buttons. Keep pressing the keys until your Mac boots up. Make sure the problem is resolved.

How do you restart a MacBook Pro?

Turn on or restart your MacBook Pro. After restarting your Mac, hold down the Command and R keys. Hold down the keys until your Mac boots up and you see the macOS Utilities window. In the MacBook Pro menu bar, click Utilities. It's in the top left corner of the screen.

How do you reset a MacBook Pro to a previous date?

Restore your system. To open the OS X recovery tool, hold down Command + R while the system boots. With the recovery tool open, select the "Restore from Time Machine backup" option. This will download the files from the most recent restore point.

How to reset MacBook Pro to factory settings?

• Restart your MacBook Pro
  • Hold down the Command + R key while charging until you see the Apple logo.
  • When the menu appears, click on "Disk Utility".
  • Click Next and then Startup Disk.
  • Choose Uninstall from the main menu and Mac OS Extended from the pop-up menu.
  • Click Delete
  • Close Disk Utility when the process is complete.

How to reset my mac desktop password

Reset your password on Mac with OS X. Insert the operating system installation CD into your Mac's CD-ROM drive. Restart your Mac. Choose your language. Open the password reset tool. Select your computer's hard drive. Select a user to reset. Enter a new password. Click Save. Restart your Mac and your password will be reset.

:brown_circle: How do you lock up a Mac?

Just lock your Mac screen or go to sleep. To lock the Mac screen, simultaneously press the following keys: Ctrl + Shift + Eject. If you have a new Mac that doesn't have an optical drive (and thus doesn't have an eject button on your keyboard like the Retina MacBook Pro), use Ctrl + Shift + Power.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to reset a Mac's administrator account password?

• If you know the password for the second administrator account, log in to that account first.
  • Go to System Preferences and select the User & Groups Preferences section.
  • Just click the lock icon in the lower left corner of the settings area and enter your administrator password.
  • Now pay attention to the left panel, select the administrator account whose password you want to reset.

Whirlpool cabrio wtw8500

How do I recover my Apple computer password?

Just follow these steps: Shut down your Mac by choosing Apple > Shut Down. Press the power button and hold Command + R. When the loading bar appears on the screen, release the buttons. Select Disk Utility and click Next. Choose Utilities > Terminal. Enter your reset password and click Back.

:brown_circle: How to clean my Mac hard drive?

• Remove unnecessary apps and games. Most of them will have games, applications and other content that is no longer needed and takes up space on their hard drive.
  • Remove duplicates. Duplicates can be hidden on hard drives in several ways.
  • Keep a record of your backups.
  • Empty the trash and download the emails.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I Wipe my iMac hard drive?

At the top of the screen, click Utilities from the Disk Utility menu. Wait for Disk Utility to start. In the left pane, select the drive and/or partition you want to safely remove. In the right pane, click the Delete tab. In the right pane, select Security Options. Select 7Delete Pass.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to restart MacBook?

• On all systems: Restart your Mac, then immediately hold down the Option key.
  • If you're using a portable Mac with an external keyboard, hold down the Option key on the integrated keyboard.
  • Non-APFS Systems: Click the Boot Camp icon on the far right of the taskbar, then choose Restart in macOS.
  • This will also install the default macOS operating system.

How to use nespresso

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I clean up my Mac?

To clean the screen of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, you must first turn off your computer and unplug the power adapter. Simply dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with water and wipe your computer screen with it.

Is Clean my Mac a virus?

A surprising Mac Clean Pro attack on a Mac system can be mistaken for a virus infection. To be clear, adware is not as dangerous as computer viruses. Specifically, Mac Clean Pro is an advertising program that users can use on a daily basis.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to clean startup disk on MacBook ?

• Clear the cache of your Mac application.
  • Empty trash can.
  • Delete unnecessary backup snapshots from Time Machine.
  • Clear your browser's cache.
  • Remove language packs.
  • Use the full boot disk repair. The application cache files are essential if you want to speed up the processes. Once the process is complete, the cache files are no longer needed.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to properly erase your Mac before selling or recycling?

To clean your Mac before you sell it, recycle it (or buy a used one!) 1 Back up all your data 2 Update your software (optional) 3 Close your accounts 4 Enter macOS recovery mode 5 Clean up your hard drive 6 Install your operating system (Optional) 7 Extra help.

Breville espresso cleaning

How do I delete everything on my Old Mac?

Once your data is backed up and you have nothing to tie your old Mac to your personal data, you can erase everything by formatting your hard drive. Restart your Mac Hold down Command + R while waking the startup disk from sleep. Your Mac will boot into macOS Recover.

What should I do when my Mac is reset to factory settings?

Then you need to turn off iTunes or music and sign out of iCloud, Messages and FaceTime. It is also recommended to reset the PRAM (or NVRAM) and unpair the Bluetooth devices. When you factory reset your Mac, all your files, applications, settings, profiles, and other information will be deleted.

How do I clear my hard drive on a Mac?

Click to highlight the hard drive name in the left column, Macintosh HD by default. If you're using macOS or earlier, a small indent will appear after your hard drive's model name. Click the Delete button. Depending on the version of your operating system, it is located in the top toolbar or in a tab on the right.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I completely wipe my computer

To clean your computer, software. This is the software part. It is recommended that you do a factory reset on your computer. To do this, go to the toolbar (by moving the mouse to any right edge of the screen and scrolling down) > Settings > Change PC settings > Update and reset. Restart your computer there.

How to remove paint scuff from car

How to wipe a MacBook Air?

1) Boot from macOS recovery. Then select Disk Utility from the Utilities window and click Do not remove the volume that started the Mac, no need to boot from MacOS Recovery, just open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder in your folder. 2) Select the desired volume from the sidebar of the Disk Utility.

How to clean up my Mac?

• Download and install CleanMyMac X on your Mac.
  • Run the program.
  • Go to the "Large and old files" section of the menu.
  • Click the Scan button.
  • Review the details, select what you want to remove, then click 'Remove'.

How to wipe Mac Clean with safewiper?

• Turn on your Mac and navigate to your computer's main hard drive.
  • Use your mouse to select the files and simply delete them from your computer.
  • To select all files, you can press Command + A keys and simultaneously press Delete key to delete those files.

How to wipe a Mac Clean?

• Make a backup
  • Quit iTunes
  • Sign out of iCloud
  • Exit iMessage
  • If you keep paired Bluetooth devices, disconnect them (optional)
  • Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to Wipe my iMac clean?

• Back up the data you want to keep. Erasing your Mac will erase everything, including your operating system, so save the backup to an external hard drive or DVD.
  • Open the Apple menu. It's a black apple icon in the top left corner of the screen.
  • Click Restart.. It's at the bottom of the menu.
  • Click "Restart" to confirm. This will immediately stop and restart your Mac. Wait for your Mac to shut down.
  • Hold down ⌘ + R while restarting your Mac.
  • Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. The macOS Utilities window opens.
  • Click Disk Utility. It's at the bottom of the list.
  • Click Continue. It's in the lower-right corner of the window.
  • Click on your Mac's hard drive in the top-left corner of the window, under the "Internal" section.
  • Click Delete. It's the button in the top center of the window.
  • Give your hard drive a name. Type it in the Name: field.
  • Click the Format: drop-down menu.
  • Select a format. Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for the fastest possible removal. Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted) to encrypt the drive after erasing.
  • Click Delete. It's in the lower-right corner of the dialog box. The uninstall process begins.

wipe mac